[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw soon taking a class on LGBT Geographies taught by a professor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: gltfilm.jpg (38 KB, 373x475) Image search: [Google]
gltfilm.jpg
38 KB, 373x475
>tfw soon taking a class on LGBT Geographies taught by a professor who specializes in Queer Studies and Queer Theory

Has anyone here taken an LGBT studies class? Like LGBT History, LGBT Film, similar? What was it like.
>>
>>5510945
cringe
>>
>>5510945Y
You'll learn about how everyone outside the LGBT community is literally a nazi and you'll learn about how not being flexible about what letter of the initilism you are makes you a literal nazi. I really hope you're majoring in something useful because you're wasting your time. I'll also bet $100 your teacher is a short haired, Jewish, woman with a hyphened surname who's either obese or toothpick thin. Nothing against the Jewish people but It's always safe to assume they're the ones in charge of extreme social leftist nonsense. Plenty of rational Jews on the moderate social left side and tons on the right, too. Not to get all /pol/tard or anything but it is kind of weird how a small group of people manage to pop up everywhere. Maybe they're driven by paranoia from their history to get as active in politics as they can. IDK
>>
>LGBT studies
I don't think it is what it sounds like.
>>
>>5510945
wtf is lgbt geographies even about... why can you even waste money on studying queer studies and queer theory?
>>
>>5511042
It's about countries who's borders are shaped like genitals. Some are shaped like penises and some are shaped like vagigglies. When two penis countries or two vagiggle countries are next to each other it causes a queer geographical something. Occasionally we discuss countries who borders started out penis or vagiggle shaped and then, due to various political and social reasons, change their borders to be shaped like the other. Although I've never taken a LGBT Geographies class I did take a Feminist Arboriculture class so I feel I am qualified to spew bullshit about things I know almost nothing about
>>
>>5511071

No, it will focus on the spatial representation and exclusion of queer identity, as well as the transgressive use of space and place based around counterhegemonic conceptions of queer identities. There are a few geographers out there who study queer geography, usually under the umbrella of gendered spatial representations.

You should also know modern geography no longer usually deals with the topic of countries or problems at the national or global scale.
>>
>>5511218
What uni? What prof? I took geography but never anything to do with queer theory, but the description sounds interesting.
>>
Someone please post an image of EU countries showing Sweden and Finland. Now that's something I'd include in gay geography
>>
I did LGBT Physics.
Shit was weird.

Good to know that the difficulty in explaining fluids proves that patriarchal science is wrong though.
>>
>>5511218
I can't tell if this is just a more subtle troll because that sounds just as nonsensical as the genital geography.
>>
>>5511464
>lgbt physics

Please elaborate. How dose it differ from regular physics?
>>
>>5510945
>LGBT Geographies
Whats that even supposed to be?
I can see history or film, but geography?
>>
>>5511218
This almost seems like parody.

If it isn't, please explain it
>>
>>5513790
It doesn't exist.
At least I hope it doesn't.
>>
>>5510945
Bump. Keep us posted you faggot. I want a weekly DEDICATED thread that details the shenanigans your class engages in. I WANT PICS OF SPIDER MAN! If not, then pics of your blackboard and the course required reading. Notes would be too revealing I think.
>>
>>5514143
This.
>>
File: wtf is this gay shit.jpg (13 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this gay shit.jpg
13 KB, 277x182
>>5514143
>>
>>5511464
kek
can magnetic fields do work in lgbt fysik
>>
File: yOR9CCH.jpg (106 KB, 922x960) Image search: [Google]
yOR9CCH.jpg
106 KB, 922x960
>>5511218
Can you give us some kind of real-world example? Because what you posted just sounds like the excretions of a professor who's spent too much time marinating in academia.

>>5511450
Here you go :DDD
>>
>>5511218
this sounds like pomo hot air and therefore terrible and pointless

also:
>lgbt studies
>queer studies
are not the same thing anymore, not sure why people keep grouping them
>>
>>5514087
I always figured LGBT physics was the really queer stuff like string theory. That I know inside and out.
>>
I took LGBT history. It was actually super interesting and not at all cringey.
>>
>>5515925

things like how queer people migrated to urban centers is actually an extremely relevant thing when studying how queer culture and conception has evolved over time so explain to me how thats "pomo hot air'
>>
>>5515925
What's the difference? I'm curious.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.