[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is privilege a meme word?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24
File: 1407009352460.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1407009352460.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
Is privilege a meme word?
>>
Not when its used to discuss the many unearned advantages women receive in the world.
>>
>>5509896
Yes it is, dog. You might want to close the door, this board is full of crazy people who'll tell you otherwise.
>>
>>5509896
It's often confused with the word advantage.
>>
>>5509896
A privilege is an advantage, but an advantage is not necessarily a privilege. Privileges are distinguished by the fact that they can be taken away. My 6'7" height is an advantage in getting bp, my lawful ability to drive is a privilege that can be revoked. Get it?
>>
File: 1443290450215.jpg (79 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1443290450215.jpg
79 KB, 640x630
>>5509927
>only women are privileged
>>
>>5510016
this is not how the activists on the left have redefined the term.
>>
>>5510017
Spot pretending like the privilege conversation is not 99% female dominated. Stop pretending that those women who complain about privilege are not super privileged. It is important point out the group with the largest unchecked privileges and that would be women.
>>
>>5510080
>Spot pretending like the privilege conversation is not 99% female dominated.
>Talking about privilege means you're privileged
>>
File: 5U5Be9R.jpg (280 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
5U5Be9R.jpg
280 KB, 900x1200
Is the feminism meme approaching the tipping point?
>>
Where do you find your silly doc pictures? I need them for science.
>>
>>5513372
yes
>>
File: narutograbsatit.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
narutograbsatit.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>5509896
No, it exists. But the internet created this ridiculous notion that privilege is somehow associated with skincolor/gender/sexual orientation.

Sure, being a white cis male has it's advantage. But it's no where near the amount of privilege you get from money. Besides, everyone has some sort of privilege that another group may not have.

But really, real privilege comes from your socioeconomic class, how much you make, the car you drive, the neighborhood you live in, the school your kids go to, the way you dress, the way you talk, etc.

Being rich is all there is to privilege honestly.
>>
>>5516206
Pretty much this. Wanna-be baby Marxists cannot realize their concept of privilege is false consciousness at its finest.
>>
File: Dancing Pepe.gif (553 KB, 265x385) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Pepe.gif
553 KB, 265x385
>>5513372
Ha, a silly doggy
>>
>>5516226
>Wanna-be baby Marxists
Ironic because the notion that we are divided more than class than sex or race is a Marxist view point.
>>
File: GayStation.jpg (92 KB, 782x604) Image search: [Google]
GayStation.jpg
92 KB, 782x604
identity politics is used by the upperclass to divide the lowerclass.
The left is a circular firing squad controlled by corporations like puppets.
All it takes is to send an agent provocateur to whatever faggot protest you make and have them whine about racism, or misogyny or feminism or some other ism then the whole thing collapses.

Anyone who complains about immigration is branded a racist by the left, the left does the bidding of capitalism by accusing the lower class natives of racism so the capitalist can replace them with low payed immigrants.

Then as a reward for your service the capitalist will feed you a scrap, all girl ghost busters, nigger james bond, etc
Then the liberal will hand over their money to the capitalist to continue the cycle of the the commodification of culture under the false belief that more niggers or women or faggots on tv or movies is somehow progress.

the unions have been destroyed, the identity politics has subverted the workers rights, the factories have all been moved to the third world.
The NSA can spy on you whenever they want, obama cries about gun violence and then kills hundreds of brown children in the middle east with drone strikes.
Corporations have all the control, we live in a plutocracy.
The immigrants will keep flooding because politicians are tools of the elite who have no care for the destruction of tier country over making money.
If you speak out you're a racist.

The wars will never end, the water is running out, it was unusually warm this winter dont you think.

Music is terrible, movies are terrible, reality tv still exists.

Mentally ill men dressed as women want you to use the right newspeak, i mean pronouns.

Hillary clinton is a corrupt neoliberal corporate war hawk scum and people will vote for her because she has vagina.

THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD ENDS
>>
>>5516611
you're a bit of a kook aren't you.
>>
>>5516641
yes, yes , im crazy, go on living your life.
>>
>>5516611
You are right but automated labor will subvert capitalism.
>>
>>5516833
lol if you think there is hope.
Thats when they build the giant rich people gated communnites guarded by weaponized drones as you and i and the rest of the unwashed masses die in a hellfire of niggers, sjw's, facists, terrorists,and global warming
>>
File: zH9qXSg.jpg (21 KB, 461x720) Image search: [Google]
zH9qXSg.jpg
21 KB, 461x720
When will the fat acceptance meme die?
>>
>>5517365

When all the fat people realize nobody actually loves them, and never will.
>>
>>5510077
In the real world, nobody cares about the definitions the leftists try to impose. The only one remotely successful is the word racism, which is massively misused by the left on purpose, and this misuse is starting to have legal consequences.
>>
>>5516517
That's why he used the term "wannabe baby marxists", as in "people trying to be marxist but not understanding it"
>>
>>5520406
That's cause racism is like, an actual thing. It's 99% better now then it was 40 years ago, to the point where I think a black guy has a pretty high chance of getting the same quality of life as a white dude. But stuff like, thin privilege or male privilege is bs and everyone knows it.
>>
No. Just because leftists see privilege where there is none, doesn't mean it doesn't exist elsewhere.
>>
File: 1406786758455.jpg (54 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1406786758455.jpg
54 KB, 500x388
Why is outrage culture a thing?
>>
File: 8xkpmHQ.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
8xkpmHQ.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>5510017
how about you proof that they aren't you beta cuc k, cuz reality showed me they are privileged as FUCK when it comes to divorces, car accidents etc etc
>>
>>5510017
>no response
mudshark BTFO'd
>>
>>5521794
Women don't get conscripted and they can retire 5 years earlier (while having 10 year longer life expectancy).
t. Russia
>>
>>5521884
>Women don't get conscripted
>live longer
>can retire earlier
doesn't that fucking prove that they ARE privileged???????
>>
>>5510794

>>Talking about privilege means you're privileged

>having eyes/hands/fingers/toes/hair means your privileged
>>
File: assburger chin.png (169 KB, 252x324) Image search: [Google]
assburger chin.png
169 KB, 252x324
>>5521895
Well, they obviously are.
They live longer because they don't have to work the hard and dangerous jobs (those are taken by men, who then provide for the women, even in case of divorce), because they don't have to go to the army (which is hell on earth, basically like a year in prison), and don't have such high suicide and addiction rates (because they don't have to cope with such a hard life).
I noticed that discrepancy in life expectancy between men and women is much lesser in first world countries.
>>
File: 1408367317075.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1408367317075.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
Why does anyone take tumblr seriously?
>>
>>5516641
It's a bit over the top, but a lot of his points are correct.
>>
/pol/ raid today huh?
>>
>>5521906
Is this supposed to be some kind of argument? Because I can't see a single coherent message in that greentext vomit of yours.
>>
>>5509927
Women are the superior sex. Nature intended this to be so.
>>
>>5526264
Women can not be the superior sex. No one will deny that men are the stronger sex. Physically men grow larger, have more muscle etc. So then we must consider mental capability of women versus men.

Men are responsible for nearly every invention. Every advancement to mankind has been brought by men. Men create the best art and the best literature. Even things that are called womanly like sewing and cooking men do better than women, seeing as the most celebrated designers in fashion are male and the best chiefs are male.

Thinking about it I can not think of a single thing that women are able to do better than men. Which is where female privilege comes into play. Look at the world around you, ever nail in your house was hammered in by a man. The food in your fridge was grown, harvested and shipped by men. The power you use is supplied by men. Men create this world and it is female privilege that allows women to be part of it. Its so unearned it is crazy.
>>
>>5526488
>Thinking about it I can not think of a single thing that women are able to do better than men

pooping babies out of their vaginas
>>
>>5526488
For pretty much all of history, women have been expected to basically be stay at home mothers. It's only really in the last few decades that the idea of women contributing in a way other than giving birth and raising children, or taking care of their familieis has even been acceptable. For most of human history it has been very difficult for women to be able to be politicians, engineers, inventors, etc. Men have had a massive head start, for thousands of years they've been the only ones really permitted to be artists, writers, architects, and so on. Of course women aren't immediately going to catch up with all of that the moment they are granted equal opportunity. The only valid comparison you can make between men and women is to compare the achievements of each gender since equality of opportunity between genders was achieved. And naturally there is some dispute about when exactly that happened, some would even argue that it hasn't even been achieved yet.

> Look at the world around you, ever nail in your house was hammered in by a man. The food in your fridge was grown, harvested and shipped by men. The power you use is supplied by men
This here is blatantly false. There are women in the farming, construction, transportation, and power industries. They may be a minority, but it's not like women are totally absent from those occupations. Pretty much every industry these days involves women somewhere along the way, even in "male-dominated" occupations.
>>
>>5526574
Women have never been oppressed. They have always been a protected class. They have had time to create and invent but they have had everything given to them so they had no need to change anything. When you look at inventions women have created you will see white out and chocolate chip cookies, this is the extent of women's hardships and needing to overcome. You can say that women weren't given the opportunity but then you have to consider black male slaves invented more than their white female masters. Do you think those black slaves had an education? Do you think they were just given the opportunity to invent? No, the need for innovation comes from hardship, something women know little about.

And even if you only look at new technology in the last 5 years, it is men who are still dominating.

>This here is blatantly false. There are women in the farming, construction, transportation, and power industries. They may be a minority, but it's not like women are totally absent from those occupations. Pretty much every industry these days involves women somewhere along the way, even in "male-dominated" occupations.

lol that is pretty cute. I take it you have never been to a construction site, they are devoid of women. When was the last time you saw a woman on the side of the road fixing the street? If you did see a woman was she shoveling or was she holding the stop sign? The truth is, 99.99% of homes, roads, infrastructure etc is build by men. Don't try and say a single woman who picked up a hammer made a meaningful contribution.
>>
>>5526223
Nice argument fagtron
>>
>>5527293
>Women have never been oppressed. They have always been a protected class.
Being a protected class does not mean one isn't oppressed. They were denied the political power and rights granted to men of the same social class. They are privileged in the same way children or valuable property is privileged.

>They have had time to create and invent but they have had everything given to them so they had no need to change anything.
They had time, but not the opportunity. They basically lived in a gilded cage - they were provided for, but didn't even have the choice of providing for themselves even if they wanted to. They had a high standard of living, but very little meaningful freedom.

>You can say that women weren't given the opportunity but then you have to consider black male slaves invented more than their white female masters. Do you think those black slaves had an education? Do you think they were just given the opportunity to invent?
I'd like to see a source on that claim. Were slaves allowed to patent their inventions? If not, how do we know what they invented?

>lol that is pretty cute. I take it you have never been to a construction site, they are devoid of women. When was the last time you saw a woman on the side of the road fixing the street? If you did see a woman was she shoveling or was she holding the stop sign? The truth is, 99.99% of homes, roads, infrastructure etc is build by men. Don't try and say a single woman who picked up a hammer made a meaningful contribution.
I'm not sure of the exact ratio of women in the construction industry, but I'm pretty sure more than 1 in a 1000 construction projects involve women in some extent. If you're going to make an extraordinary claim like that, you're going to have to provide a source to back it up.
>>
>>5527293
>>5527415
Furthermore, even if 999 out of 1000 construction projects involve no women working at the construction site, there's still almost certain to be women somewhere along the line that converts natural resources into finished houses. There's the factory workers who make tools, nails and screws and heavy equipment, and the truck drivers who deliver supplies to the construction site. Of course, they don't make a particular contribution BECAUSE they are women, but the same is pretty much true of men. Pretty much any major project requires a large number of contributors, who in most cases may be of either gender.
>>
>>5526488
>Look at the world around you, ever nail in your house was hammered in by a man. The food in your fridge was grown, harvested and shipped by men. The power you use is supplied by men.
Look at your ugly face in the mirror. Some sorry bitch carried it for nine months and then pretended to love it for 18 years after only to have you turn out to be a huge cunt. Now that's called hardship.
>>
>>5527495
Sounds like somebody is pretty butthurt
>>
>>5527297
>>5526223
Also butthurt
>>
>>5528062
>>5528067
Sounds like a faggot doesn't have anything to contribute. You can always shut up, hon. Nobody on the internet knew you were a fag until you started talking.
>>
File: Whitney-Eli-LOC.jpg (3 MB, 1968x2604) Image search: [Google]
Whitney-Eli-LOC.jpg
3 MB, 1968x2604
>>5516833
>My cotton gin will liberate enslaved Africans due to requiring less labor to harvest the same amount of content!

You're retarded, pick up a book.
>>
>>5528084
Butthurt continues
>>
>>5510017
>women are privileged
>>
>>5516206
the problem with that is the biggest demographic that "privilege" appeals to is white, college-educated females from upper-middle class neighborhoods, and they will never acknowledge this as the true privilege because it would mean that they have it.

>>5516611
This is the true redpill. Finally someone who sees both sides of the problem

retarded useful tools:
>>5516641
>>5526223
>>
File: 1438707875416.jpg (30 KB, 552x521) Image search: [Google]
1438707875416.jpg
30 KB, 552x521
>>5529612
>mfw white, college-educated from upper-middle class neighborhood woman

the other day a guy opened a door for me and I called him sexist and everyone thought I was right.

Life is good.
>>
What can we do to stop Tumblr from making hurting people's feelings illegal?
>>
>>5531392
Why is being allowed to hurt people's feelings so important to you?
>>
>>5531708
Not dog anon, but really? Anyone can find anything offensive. I'd rather not live in a world where there's punishments for making jokes.
>>
>>5533428
kill yourself then

shitlord
>>
>>5533428
Sure, but phrasing it that way makes it sound like one takes pride in offending people, that being able to offend people is the part that matters. I mean, I agree with freedom of speech but I think phrasing it in those terms is a poor way or arguing in favor of it.
>>
>>5533436
delete this now.
please send this person to jail
>>
>>5533746
>person
I'm no 'person' you bigot.

I'm otherkin and bi-identity

take your cispeciescism elsewhere
>>
>>5533819
i'm sorry. privilege checked. what is your preferred entity-identifier?
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 764x764
When will reasonably attractive males be allowed to wear cute dresses without shame ?
>>
>>5516611
If you're wall of texting, you're conversing wrong
>>
File: 1405364041455.jpg (53 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
1405364041455.jpg
53 KB, 806x605
>>5534507
>go dogpost in some other thread, this one's mine

When will people stop caring about sexual identity?
>>
File: cQDEi2W.jpg (140 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cQDEi2W.jpg
140 KB, 720x960
Who will be worse for /lgbt/ - Hilary or Trump?
>>
>>5544194
hillary is a slimy bitch who will throw /lgbt/ under the bus as soon as it's more convenient for her to. at worst, trump will leave gay marriage up to the states. that said, you shouldn't vote for either because both are neocon warhawks
>>
>>5509896

Every word is a meme word.
>>
>>5544359
>Every word is a meme word

this meme needs to die
>>
>>5525437

they're too crippled (primarily by obesity) to participate properly in other types of society, and it's really hard to not take ANYTHING seriously

so Tumblr it is
>>
>>5510017
Puppy ~~~
>>
>>5544369
>meme meme meme meme meme

ok, try using only words that nobody else knows and maybe you'll kill it
>>
>>5531392
Don't get bootyblasted and realize it won't change anything
>>
>>5516611
>fascism intensifies
>>
Yes. 100% of the time, all the time.
>>
>>5544439
I have the privilege of making your acquaintance
>>
>>5544369
Go meme yourself
>>
File: 1443933115526.jpg (301 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
1443933115526.jpg
301 KB, 600x456
>all those virgin beta cucks worshiping something as worthless and inferior as a woman
>tfw you only like equal superior bara gay men

>>5509896
Privilege=easier life with less difficulties, the more you have the more privileged you are.
>>
>>5509896
everything is a meme everything
>>
>>5528129

My assembly line will liberate the craftsman by simplifying his labors.
>>
It is, when it's being used by dyed-haired, sexual deviants, in brand clothes, in a first world country.
Fuck OFF. People thinking you're a freak is not "oppression." I'd know. I'm a freak.
>>
File: 1410188996653.jpg (29 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1410188996653.jpg
29 KB, 500x346
Do you believe in microaggressions?
>>
File: 1407009832952.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1407009832952.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
Why shouldn't anyone be allowed to get a sex change or take hormones?
>>
._. ok.
>>
>>5510017
No but they certainly are the most privileged

White women have more unfair opportunities than a native american applying to college
>>
>>5528084
Get cancer please.
>>
>>5509896

I met someone on grindr once who turned out to be a SJW, when he got over to my apartment I intentionally hurt him during sex, like slapped him around really hard, pulled his hair and bit him and stuff
It was great, that's all you liberals are good for, hatefucks
>>
>>5557068
Hormones, fine. Sex changes, no. Because children's minds are still developing, they don't fully understand gender vs gender roles, and they can't fully grasp the consequences of transitioning and then it turning out to be a phase children who might be trans should not go through anything permanent. They should be encouraged to explore and through years of therapy and support find out if it is really who they are but the risk is too much.
>>
>>5516833
>the corporations are going to automate our jobs and fire us, to save money
>then we will will collect ei for a while
>then switch to welfare
>slowly or health will deteriorate from our lower class life style, making us unable to find work in this new extremely competitive post automation job market
>???
>hurrah capitalism subverted
>>
File: tumblr_mj3pgfzFoO1qgfgmzo1_250.jpg (55 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj3pgfzFoO1qgfgmzo1_250.jpg
55 KB, 250x251
Would you fuck an alien?
>>
>>5509896
meme is a privileged word.
>>
>>5525472
yee.flv
>>
>>5558145
and how do you think the corporations are going to survive with a mass of people on welfare and almost nobody that earns money? production costs surely can't go that low.
>>
>>5558145
>nobody has jobs
>everyone on welfare
>nobody can afford anything
>this is somehow profitable for big corporations
wat
>>
>>5560777
I regularly get rape-killed by the xenomorph in my dreams and I'm turned on pretty much every time, so yeah, I guess.
>>
File: tumblr_nvcspyGO9F1qfma5bo1_500.png (237 KB, 439x548) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvcspyGO9F1qfma5bo1_500.png
237 KB, 439x548
Is equality a meme concept?
>>
>>5562791
Yes.
No one really wants equality.

No one wants that little asian kid's job at a shoes factory, but, hey, someone has to do it.
>>
>>5562800
Technically, the law of diminishing marginal utility implies that overall we'd all be better off overall with de facto equality. Sure, some people would lose wealth/power/status etc, but everyone would have a decent amount, rather than some people having virtually none and others having more than they know what to do with.
>>
Why does diversity matter?
>>
>>5565194
Why does dogposting matter?
>>
File: 1407336124708.jpg (85 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1407336124708.jpg
85 KB, 633x738
>>5565262
>2016
>not dogposting
>>
>>5526488

Women are better at getting men to do things for them than men are.

All those things that men do better than women they do for women.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.