[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi friends i dont know where to ask this question or who to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 980985-001.jpg (94 KB, 505x338) Image search: [Google]
980985-001.jpg
94 KB, 505x338
hi friends i dont know where to ask this question or who to ask it to so im defaulting to this board.

the gist of it is im a kind of androgynous bi/pansexual male and i think im going through the whole gender dysphoria thing. that said, i dont want to be a trans woman but i dont really want to be a man either. and with THAT said im still interested in hrt.

is hrt acceptable/prescribed even if the individual doesn't want to be full trans? it may be a dumb question but like i said, this is the only place i could think to ask it relatively guilt-free.
>>
Yeah, you're looking for nonbinary transition, basically. It's a bit harder to get than standard transition, but still easy enough.

What changes do/don't you want from HRT? There's a limit to what's physically possible.
>>
>>5507181
The standards of care that most professionals who deal with this stuff follow suggest that non-binary folks should be given a proper evaluation and HRT reflecting their identity if necessary.

Here are the standards of care: http://www.wpath.org/uploaded_files/140/files/Standards%20of%20Care,%20V7%20Full%20Book.pdf

It includes genderqueer people and the like from the start at page 15 (of the pdf. The page is numbered 9 on the document pages) in suggesting therapeutic and medical treatment options.

I've personally asked my doctor about it last year because I have a friend in a similar situation and her response (though it doesn't necessarily reflect every doctor's, obviously) was that she wouldn't see a problem with providing a hormone regimen tailored to a non-binary patient's needs.
>>
>>5507181
>>5507223
>>5507249
>Acting like Non-binary is a thing
>Acting like pansexuality is a thing
Why don't you want to be a man? or is it you don't want to be masculine?
>>
Oh, and OP: a lot of people on this board suffer from severe mental handicaps and will pretend to be professionals and tell you who and what you are, like this idiot: >>5507270

Remember that only a mental health professional and yourself are capable of determining those things and what to do about them.
>>
File: 1449294372552.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1449294372552.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
>>5507223
its hard to say really, physically i find the idea of breasts really appealing, and i find myself really wanting to be more feminine in general. physically and mentally. but the idea of completely transitioning is also terrifying, so im not sure.

>>5507284
>>5507249
i'll talk to my shrink about it, its not a subject ive broached yet. thanks for the responses.

>>5507270
thats the strange thing, im not sure how to put what i want into words. like i said earlier, femininity in general is really appealing to me but the full transition into a mtf is something that isn't as appealing.

also no need to be divisive friends you're all helping.
>>
>>5507350
why not just get hormone therapy and stay a boy?
you can be a girly boy and even get breasts if you want. Though it'd still be a male.

>>5507284
When did I say I'm a professional? and do tell, what is the severe mental handicap I'm suffering from?
Get the fuck off your high horse. You aren't a special snowflake.
>>
>>5507396
thats kind of what i want, to be a girly boy? it's a weird line that i kind of want to explore so its nice to know its not super duper uncommon.
>>
>>5507446
Nah I think it's pretty normal, then again I'm a bit weird myself. Sometimes I enjoy dressing up and doing my hair. It helps that I know a girl who went to school for cosmology and loves drag queen make-up. She uses me to experiment with techniques and stuff. Though I also like being manly sometimes, so I'd rather just use a corset personally.

But if you want to be feminine/girly and stay a guy, heck yeah dude, do your thing. If that means getting some hormone therapy or surgery to be comfortable I'm all for that.
>>
>>5507181
might be oot, but I was just passing by this board, can you explain me what bi/pansexuality is?
I understand what bisexuality is, but dont' quite grasp the idea of pansexuality yet, less the combination of those two
>>
>>5507540
pansexual is a term invented by freud meaning will have sex with anything. Though it's been recently taken to mean sexually attracted to all genders, which is to say there are more than two genders.
I have yet to find a case that this is true.
There is a rare occasion of hermaphrodites, but they still only have 1 working sex organ, so I'd still classify as one gender or the other
>>
>>5507181

Out of curiosity how old are you?
>>
File: Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png (402 KB, 402x536) Image search: [Google]
Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png
402 KB, 402x536
>>5507540
op here, personally i used it to mean that im attracted to pretty much all different genders/sexualities. i kind of view it as a catch all since bisexual implies a binary preference
>>5507568
this is true, since it all comes down to one gender or the other. i mostly said it to stay on the safe side.

>>5507575
18 years old, ive had these feelings for a long time though.
>>
>>5507582

Not to dismiss your feelings, but it's almost always people around your age group that posts things like this. You're probably not comfortable with most things about yourself, just like everyone at 18.

Consider what you will be like in 20 or 25 years, do you really think you can be pretty and androgynous then?
>>
>>5507582
gender and sexuality meaning what?
>>
>>5507609
i'm 21 and not on hormones but I absolutely could be pretty and androgynous when i'm older because i'm actually intersex
i'm aging and looking more masculine and need it to stop but i don't really know what to do
>>
File: 1450010223521.jpg (207 KB, 840x567) Image search: [Google]
1450010223521.jpg
207 KB, 840x567
>>5507609
thats reasonable but i think theres evidence to back up these feelings in particular. ever since i was a little kid i would crossdress and play with make up, and ive never been a very masculine person. the consequences of being androgynous in the long term future are definitely a concern though.

>>5507623
it occured to me after posting that sexuality didn't really make sense. if i find the individual attractive and they find me attractive then ill be into them regardless of gender identity or anything like that. sorry for the lack of clarity, im kinda tired.
>>
>>5507651

>i'm aging and looking more masculine and need it to stop but i don't really know what to do

That's what I mean, when someone's in their mid to late thirties the "androgynous" look isn't going to go well. It's Bruce Jenner mode (pre-Caitlyn), it's creepy.
>>
File: 1451383100573.png (240 KB, 500x764) Image search: [Google]
1451383100573.png
240 KB, 500x764
>>5507609
>>5507651
Not OP. I think that the key to aging is being fashionable and fitting your style with your looks. I'm 21 too but want to start hormones (lowest dosage possible)
>>
>>5507667
good thing i don't have to lvie that long
>>
>>5507667
It was only creepy because he had horrible style. He's also 6'+ and a former jacked athlete.. I look nothing like him.>>5507672
>>
>>5507663
no problem m8, too me you just want it up the ass
>>
>>5507686
yeah i'm a soft little femboy
i don't even have a happy trail on my tummy dude i'm nothing like bruce jenner
>>
>>5507672
>>5507686

Give me an example other than an Asian guy or a picture of a 20 year old female model. The differences are more pronounced the older a person is, I'm sorry.

I'm not trying to be mean, but the whole "femme-boy/androgynous" look works in your youth, and that's it. Is taking hormones like OP wants to do really a good idea in the long term? Looking pretty for 10 years at the cost of being sterile? If he wants to transition fully, that's one thing, but the middle ground does not justify the means.
>>
>>5507710
yes, you don't seem to fucking get it do you?
I'm a 21 year old aging kissless virgin
the entire last decade of my life I was a fat beta
I don't believe I'll be able to have sex within the next decade let alone share a hug or a kiss because i'm simply too unattractive and insecure about my naked body

are you saying I should just kill myself now?
>>
>>5507725
i'm like 99% sure i'm already already sterile btw
>>
>>5507725

Sounds like you're colluding gender identity with other problems, problems that you listed for yourself in that post.
>>
>>5507742
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>5507710
Why not just ask OP?

>>5507663
Do you want to have kids when you're older, without adopting?

Though OP could always freeze sperm just incase either way.
>>
>>5507742
i hate to say it but you need to check your god damned teenie-bopper normalfag privilege
>>
>>5507710
You can the just become metro or somthing.
Also hormones just (may) decrease libido and sperm color i think..
>>
>>5507774
good, decrease my libido i was never gonna have sex as a man anyway
>>
>>5507785
Well your dick doesn't fall off on mones dude...
Do you want to fuck women as a tgirl or femboi though?
>>
File: 42.resize_640x.jpg (60 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
42.resize_640x.jpg
60 KB, 640x960
>>5507750
OP here, children don't seem like something I'd want, and in the future I'd be perfectly okay with adopting.

>>5507710
again, the long term effects are a definite concern, but the more i think on it the more i realize that this is a more serious part of my gender identity

>>5507725
im sorry you're not feeling great anon, hopefully things will look up for you.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.