[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Hey /lgbt/, I was wondering what you guys thought of Tinder? I'm a 20yo mtf transgirl and I'm considering maybe trying it out. I'm not specifically looking for hook ups though. I just had a couple of questions
>is it only for hookups or can you make friends/relationships on it too?
>if i'm a semi-passable (mostly androgynous) transgirl do you think I'll get matches? is it even worth it or will i just get left swipes?
>what do i write in my description? i know i should let them know im trans but what else do I say?
>any other tips you have?
i guess i'm just hesitant about the whole thing cause i have this weird paranoia that people will just think im a freak and not wanna talk to me and it'll just be depressing to go on. i know i'm probably just being stupid but for some reason this whole thing is pretty intimidating to me
>>
Most of the people I know use it to go out on first dates. As for what to put, I have no idea, most people have very small profiles and a few selected pictures. Probably a good idea that you want to put that you're trans on it, there's a shit ton of bros on there.
>>
>>5505031

The other thing is that you won't know if someone left-swiped you, the only ones you will be aware of are the ones who you right swiped and they right swiped you back. It's designed to protect precious millennial feelings.
>>
>>5505083
but my millennial feelings are so sensitive that just KNOWING someone swiped left brings little millennial tears to my eyes
>>
>>5505031
Tinder is kind of depressing if you take it too seriously, as are all datingapps in my experience, handsome or not.
>Id say grindr is a better pick if you want to make gay guy friends, partly because it lacks the swipe system which you dont really need anyway for making friends.
I use tinder for finding friends/serious dates, succesfully, so its very possible
>the non gay scene gays are drawn to Tinder if any dating app, because its so mainstream
>most gay guys are looking for hookups and wouldnt mind following up on love, but that's just the way it is irl too
>>
>>5505322
too bad im not gay
>>
>>5505031
Be careful as a trans person. People prey on sites like that to fulfill fantasies. I used it to begin dating men after beginning a transition. Almost all of the experiences were men wanting to have sex right away, some of them full-on groping from the start, with one of the experiences taking three dates before he forced himself on me with no condom. Who do you tell without looking like a fucking pathetic idiot after having that many negative experiences?

Just be careful.
>>
>>5505713
>app for meeting up in order to have sex
>meet up with the expectation of sex.
Would you rather he talked about his feelings before he put your lips on his cock?
>>
>>5505749
Tinder isn't for sex
>>
>>5505753
Lol

>tinder isn't for sex

Lol
>>
>>5505031
Pics fag
>>
>>5505834
go back to r9k
>>
hijacking this post. what are some good opening tinder lines? especially if the guy doesn't have much in his profile, like is it okay to assume he's just looking for sex in that case
>>
>>5505753
tinder is for sex, but you don't deserve what happened to you.
>>
File: 1439791396951.jpg (477 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439791396951.jpg
477 KB, 800x1000
>>5505031

Normies will probably report you if you list your gender as Female and then post you are trans in description familia. Most depressing thing will probably be having to deal with the constant ban warnings/bans.

But yea most normies do see trans girls as "freaks". I am a cis/trans female attracted cis male and you would not believe the shit that I hear friends and co-workers say (men and women both) the levels of normie ignorance and hatred knows no bounds pham.... and I live in a fairly progressive part of the country, cant even imagine how things are in the Bible Belt.

>>5505713
>three dates before he forced himself on me with no condom

>not giving up the boipussy by the 3rd date...

U were asking for it sweetie :^)

[triggering intensifies]

>>5505753
>Tinder isn't for sex

2016 TOP KEKā„¢ post of the year award contender right here 2bh

>>5507856
>opening tinder lines?

I got u pham

pic related
>>
File: 1449441384900.jpg (345 KB, 1059x716) Image search: [Google]
1449441384900.jpg
345 KB, 1059x716
>>5505031
I'm a passing mtf tgirl and have had a lot of success with Tinder finding hookups and dates. But I live in southern California so finding dates was never an issue for me even before I used Tinder.

>is it only for hookups or can you make friends/relationships on it too?
A majority of the guys on Tinder are on it cause their friend said it's a "hookup site" so yes expect a lot of thirsty guys. But there are a few guys here and there that are open to more than just hooking up (if you're trans this will be harder to find tho).

>if i'm a semi-passable (mostly androgynous) transgirl do you think I'll get matches? is it even worth it or will i just get left swipes?
Androgynous leaning more towards female or male? If it's the later you're not gonna have a lot of luck I'm just being honest. Remember you're competing with cis girls so if you don't pass as a woman you're not going to have a lot of luck on Tinder.

>what do i write in my description? i know i should let them know im trans but what else do I say?
Write a little about yourself, try to sound a little funny and don't make it too long. I never put I'm trans on my dating profiles for personal safety. I'll tell guys after I talk to them for a while and decide if I want to meet them.

>any other tips you have?
Don't take it too seriously have fun. Tinder can be a huge ego boost if you get matches. You will experience hate but that's nothing that a quick unmatched won't solve, don't let it get to you. If you're gonna get TRIGGERED and cry cause Dohn Joe called you a tranny freak then don't even bother making a profile. If you're trans and want to date straight men you need to have thick skin, fuck all the sjw bullshit.
>>
>>5505031
Passable trans girl here. In my experience, I get a TON of matches. But Half the guys that match me unmatch me as soon as they decide to read my bio. Prepare for that I guess.
>>
Just put that you are trans in your bio, keeps the people who find that disgusting away and it should help you with the reporting issue. Nobody cares enough to report some hon on tinder
>>
>>5505031

It's all robots and camwhores, don't bother.
>>
Okay I just got to ask this OP: are you honestly not on there for sex, and if so why Tinder and not a class at some community college?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.