[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do lesbians frequently dress exactly like men, cutting their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1424312649448.png (3 KB, 161x190) Image search: [Google]
1424312649448.png
3 KB, 161x190
Why do lesbians frequently dress exactly like men, cutting their hair short? They don't feel any attraction to men, if they're lesbians.

You don't see gay men wearing dresses, makeup and sporting long hair. They may act feminine, however.

I know not every lesbian does what i said. But the proportion of lesbian women who dress like men is drastically higher than gay men that dress like women.
>>
>You don't see gay men wearing dresses, makeup and sporting long hair. They may act feminine, however.

Because men who wear makeup and such look creepy or hilariously bad, not to add it isn't socially acceptable and risks you getting beaten up.
So while it's not that rare to see gay androgynous guys, guys aren't likely to attempt an extremely feminine style in public.
Meanwhile girls who dress like guys can often manage a hot tomboy look, and a butch woman could probably beat your average guy in a fight so nobody is going to mess with her.

Simply put, a woman in flannel is better looking and so more socially acceptable than a guy in a skirt.
>>
>>5498760
Yep, if it were more socially acceptable for men to wear dresses, makeup and heels, you'd see WAY more gays wearing these items as a part of their regular wardrobe.
>>
They used to, even. High class Mesopotamians invented eye liner. Scholars going back centuries wore dresses -- we even still call them dresses. "Robe" is a loan word that literally means dress. Heels were battle attire, for locking into stirrups and tramping over mud.

Women have figures that allow them to change their masculinity and femininity radically with fairly simple techniques. So the playfulness of the fashion and the dance of androgyny attracts other women.

A woman with short hair and a blazer looks nothing like a man with short hair and a blazer, retard. What kind of ill-conceived non-argument is this?
>>
why do you think drag queens exist? you may say its for "fun", or a joke, but it only exists because dressing like that is taboo in public for men. otherwise theyd do it all the time. i know tons of gay guys who have at one point given advice on how to wear female clothes while still looking acceptable enough to not be ridiculed.

i guess this doesnt answer your question tho. why do lesbians wear those clothes? why do you? cause theyre comfy, good looking, and have utility. and before you say "i wear guy clothes because im a guy and thats how guys look good", lesbians will never fit in cause theyre lesbians. theres no point in looking hot and acceptable for guys when they dont want that attention. so they wear what they want, which often includes guyish styles, cause people arent all the same. why do you think so many more MTFs than FTMs exist? cause a lot of guys like girly clothes and can only wear them if they transition.
>>
Do they dress like men or do they just happen to have a fashion sense similar to what society tells men they should dress like? This is all just social bias, OP.

To the point you might be thinking of, no, that doesn't mean the lesbians who like butch girls are secretly attracted to men or that butch girls are secretly FTM, we're not stupid, we can tell that the person wearing the clothes is still a woman.
>>
>>5498670
>You don't see gay men
uh femboys, and it's often to the point of altering their bodies so they can look feminine
>>
>>5498670
it's not "dressing like men". It's rejecting female stereotypes. Also lesbians are attracted to women on the basis that they're women, not on the basis that they "dress like women"
>>
>>5498670

>You don't see gay men wearing dresses, makeup and sporting long hair

They do do that, though.
>>
File: tumblr_m5n83yyOf41qmvo61.gif (951 KB, 328x243) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5n83yyOf41qmvo61.gif
951 KB, 328x243
>>5498670
>You don't see gay men wearing dresses, makeup and sporting long hair.
Wew lad
>>
>>5498670
Its called being a tomboy
>>
OP confirmed for never going outside.
>>
it's more of a code so it's easier to find other lesbians. but lately flannel, short hair, guy pants etc are becoming trendy for straight girls and fucking it up
>>
>>5499020
>cause a lot of guys like girly clothes and can only wear them if they transition.

>completely change your life just to wear dresses
>>
>>5500731
and not loook like a fucking foolish laughinstock
>>
>>5498670

>>You don't see gay men wearing dresses, makeup and sporting long hair. They may act feminine, however.

Trannies
>>
Because they want to, and if that upsets men and other idiots, hey, bonus.
>>
>>5498670
Long hair can be a pain in the ass to maintain, and mens clothes are comfy, far less expensive, and tend to be more practical (Actual pockets, sturdier construction, sizes that aren't retarded)
>>
>>5498670
Because homosexuality is caused by the feminization of the brain (and the opposite in females). It's not always enough to cause dysphoria, but if a dyke dresses like a guy she most likely has a very male brain, even if she's alright with her plumbing.
>>
If I was a lesbo I would be lipstick4lipstick only.
>>
>>5498912
>muh crossdressing revisionist history

you live in this century, not the ones you mentioned. chill out.
>>
>>5499225
>It's rejecting female stereotypes.
You can reject female stereotypes while dressing like a woman.

No, it's all about trying to be and act as masculine as possible so they can pull women who they know are attracted to masculinity and push away men.
Simple as.

LOL
"Rejecting female stereotypes"?
Lesbians who dress like men ARE A FEMALE STEREOTYPE!!!
>>
Not everything has to do with you, kiddo. Most people aren't thinking about you when they put on a sensible pair of pants
>b-but muh men's clothes!!
Women have been wearing t-shirts and pants for awhile now. Try and keep up.
>but muh men's haircut!!
Does short hair make you uncomfortable? Some people don't want their hair long, some people don't want to have to manage their hair at all. And they will never consult you about it so stop crying about it on a Ugandan bead making wiki.
>>
>>5502259
kek what a complex
>>
>>5498670
Tomboys are ugly as fuck
>>
>>5502120
Not really, long hair is a pain if you fuck it up with hairdrying, straigthening, coloring, bleaching, bad shampoo´s, conditioner.

Just be friendly with your hair and leave it alone
>>
as a fem dating fem i don't get it either
>>
>>5498760
>Meanwhile girls who dress like guys can often manage a hot tomboy look
>hot

No they don't, the ones who look like guys, are actually trying to look like men. Especially when they're shaving off all their hair and trying to look and act like men

>and a butch woman could probably beat your average guy in a fight so nobody is going to mess with her.

Wrong again
http://www.unz.com/gnxp/men-are-stronger-than-women-on-average/

Remember you said "AVERAGE", some big bull dyke can't beat up an average strong guy.

>>5499177
>Do they dress like men or do they just happen to have a fashion sense similar to what society tells men they should dress like? This is all just social bias, OP.

If you're trying to act and dress like a man then yes, that's what you're doing. If I wore a duck costume and tried to swim in the water like a duck, what am I doing? Exactly

>>5499225
>it's not "dressing like men". It's rejecting female stereotypes

That made no sense whatsoever, they're dressing as men to become like men with being dominating and masculine, which itself is quite comedic.

So glad, you freaks can't procreate, there's so much mental illness from these posts.

If I'm dressing up as a fucking T-Rex and walk around the park, should I be offended by people saying "Why are you dressed as a T-Rex?".

Yet you dykes that dress like men get into a hissy fit, when people ask a simple question.
>>
>>5502234
>Lesbians who dress like men ARE A FEMALE STEREOTYPE!!!
It is not stereotypically female behavior, though.
>>
>>5504364
>Remember you said "AVERAGE", some big bull dyke can't beat up an average strong guy.
Do you even know what average means? It's entirely possible for some woman to be far stronger than the average man.
>>
File: 1449117875671.png (134 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1449117875671.png
134 KB, 396x381
>>5504543

>It's entirely possible for some woman to be far stronger than the average man.
>>
>>5504595
Do you have a source that says the average man is stronger than the strongest women?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.