[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png
110 KB, 330x270
im hormoning fuckers! take that dysphoria

just found somewhere that hormones are allowed in the church if the dysphoria causes depression

feelsgoodman
>>
>>5492115
Congrats, trans-Christian. Getting on hormones is wonderful.
>>
>>5492146
Glad to hear!
>>
>>5492146
How long does it take to get on them btw?
>>
>>5492222
Depends on where you are and the money you have to throw at the problem. With no money, I'd be there in... 5ish months, having started trying to get them 4 months ago. I got frustrated at the wait last month and used the power of money to get them 2 weeks after.
>>
>>5492115
Which church?

>implying depression isn't a major aspect of dysphoria
How'd you find out?
>>
>>5492273
catholic
and i just found out from a religious website citing vatican documents
>>
>>5492306
Sauce plz

Because this is what I've been going off of:
>http://www.religioustolerance.org/transsexu15.htm
>http://www.religioustolerance.org/catholic-views-on-transgender.htm
>>
>>5492354
ill try to find it again because i remember it talking about the depression and moral culpability allowing it
>>
>>5492354
>2297 "...Except when performed for strictly therapeutic medical reasons, directly intended amputations, mutilations, and sterilizations performed on innocent persons are against the moral law."
>http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm
>"Although it is by not a perfect "cure," "sex change surgery" is well recognized as a legitimate medical therapy for transsexuals. Therefore, according to the Catechism, sex change surgery is permitted."

>If "sex change surgery" will help a transsexual avoid the sin of suicide, we are obligated to encourage her to follow Christ's teachings in Matthew 5 in a compassionate and charitable way.
>>
>being in a church

Your life sounds awful
>>
>>5492492
meh, better then it seems

its just some of the people rather than the church
>>
>>5492434
From >>5492354
>The answer is no. A prime directive of Catholic moral teaching is that one cannot morally commit an evil act even if the end result would be a major benefit. In the previously cited case of a pregnancy gone bad, no abortion is morally possible. The physician can only provide comfort care and pray for a miracle. Both the woman and fetus must die. In the case of transsexuals, no GRS procedure is permissible by the church, even if one life might be saved for every four procedures performed.

>Fortunately, the Church offers a way to resolve this dilemma: confession. A transsexual might elect to undergo GRS, and later confess their sin to a priest with genuine sorrow during the sacrament of penance. They could promise to not undergo any further reassignment surgery, and receive absolution.

>Unfortunately, this path might not allow continuation of hormone treatments, which we assume the Church also considers a sin. That is because one of the principles of confession is the person's intent to not repeat the sin in the future.
>>
>>5492434
Also,
>
>Pope Francis is quoted in the book as saying that people who manipulate their bodies are simlar to Herods who:

>"... destroy, that plot designs of death, that disfigure the face of man and woman, destroying creation. ... Let’s think of the nuclear arms, of the possibility to annihilate in a few instants a very high number of human beings. Let’s think also of genetic manipulation, of the manipulation of life, or of the gender theory, that does not recognize the order of creation. With this attitude, man commits a new sin, that against God the Creator.

>The true custody of creation does not have anything to do with the ideologies that consider man like an accident, like a problem to eliminate.

>God has placed man and woman and the summit of creation and has entrusted them with the earth. The design of the Creator is written in nature.

>If we fail in this responsibility, if we do not take care of our brothers and of all creation, destruction advances."

So doesn't this trump Catechism?
>>
>>5492647
Please respond, I want to be wrong

>;-;
>>
Can a trans person tell me what there dysphoria is like? I'm having a hard time determining if I'm trans or not.
>>
>>5492980
This might be a shitty metaphor but it's kinda like going swimming with all your clothes on and not being able to take them off. That sort of lack of comfort that over time makes you sad and depressed.
>>
>>5492980
If you have a hard time, you are probably over thinking it.
>>
>>5492937
Responded :^3
>>
>>5492980
The biggest thing for me is feeling like my body doesn't represent me, like a strong disconnect between how I imagine myself and my objective appearance. Mirrors are depressing, as is any social reminder that I'm grouped with men and expecting to fulfill a masculine role. When I saw a group of guys hanging out a voice in my head would go "that's you" and I'd want to vomit. I also just felt very uncomfortable when my body felt exposed, like if I wasn't wearing baggy clothes or a large sweatshirt.
>>
>>5492751
The chastecsm is the teaching of the church

Unless the pope changes the chatecsm it isn't (Donald) trumped
>>
>>5494903
>What is magisterium
>What is papal infallibility
Back to CCD with you

Unless you confess your sin of transitioning and stop it, you can't be trans and Catholic. They won't change your records, you cannot get married, you can't enter religious life. Thems the breaks when the Vatican employs anachronistic 'medical' professionals to advise.
>>
>>5492115
>2016
>believing in magical sky faeries
>>
File: 1449372330092.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1449372330092.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
>>5492115
I don't really have any to add but I just want to say I'm proud of you.
>>
>>5492354
Did you even read these?
>"Except when performed for strictly therapeutic medical reason, directly intended amputations, mutilations, and sterilizations performed on innocent persons are against the moral law."

>"... that the [gender reassignment surgery or GRS] procedure could be morally acceptable in certain extreme cases if a medical probability exists that it will 'cure' the patient's internal turmoil."
>>
>>5496287

>>
>>5495497
good thing im not fully transitioning, im just taking hormones
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.