[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do the people who identify as trans* here think of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: NormalWashingMachine.jpg (85 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
NormalWashingMachine.jpg
85 KB, 1280x719
What do the people who identify as trans* here think of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35214487

> "UK should 'degender' passports"
>>
>Doctor Who
>>
>>5481492
Not in UK, but gender being removed from documentation would be quite beneficial to me if it came to pass here.
>>
>>5481492
I think I want them to drop dead
>>
>>5481509

Why would it be beneficial? Sorry for being ignorant, but I'm not judgemental, but intrigued and interested.

>>5481516

Why?
>>
>>5481509
>>5481492
also not uk, but yeah, that would only have upsides for me. although i don't use a passport nearly as much as a drivers' license and things like that.
>>
just do away with all gender labeled tags and make co-ed prisons
>>
>Gender details on passports also do not assist with identification, she added.
Is this bitch serious.
>>
Saw this thread on /pol/
>>
>>5481535

Do you just think it's unnecessary to have the information?

>>5481546

I came from BBC. I don't go to /pol/ much, other than to have a quick glance and laugh.
>>
Gender's useless on a passport. It doesn't in any way allow for better security.
>>
>>5481573
It totally does. It just makes insecure hons like yourself sad. You're never going to be a real woman anyway, even if it did say F on your passport.

Sorry, hon.
>>
>>5481519
Ignoring the dangers of being clocked and your identification denied by security at a foreign airport, along with the indignities and delays that could follow, I couldn't present as female at work until every last ID and document referencing gender was corrected for reasons.

I can work around it, but it's inconvenient, and could have been dangerous to my continued employ if I hadn't done my research.
>>
>>5481492
It'd be a decent idea.
As they say in the article that it serves no real benefit having it listed on ID and it helps those transitioning.
>>
>>5481644
Explain how it increases security.
>>
>>5481668
>serves no real benefit having it listed on ID

how else will feminists claim for equal rights when gender can't be documented for women under misogyn?
>>
>>5481509
You faggots really need to sort your shit out and stop being so fucking degenerate
>>
With photo+name i'm not sure what the gender marker adds in terms of security or functionality.

So i'm not against it in a vacuum. But in practice it would be more efficient for society to make the name/documents change process easier. (If this is really about helping trans people - even if misguided)
>>
>>5481552
Removing sex from most id documents would benefit passing trans people because most people still rightly work on the assumption that gender=sex. And it would punish hons who have the audacity to transition because they can't legally defend their gender. Everyone will just see them as the men they are. Its win-win.
>>
>>5481690
If gender is removed from all legal documents, how will people discriminate based on gender?

>>5481692
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>5481645
I think my gf had this problem. From what I know, all of her legal documents list her as a female with the exception of her birth certificate because SRS is required in order for that to be amended in my state.

She got a job recently at a tech company and they fired her a couple days into her job because something on her background check didn't clear and they couldn't keep her. I asked her what it might be but she never gave me a clear answer. Now it's been a month since we last saw each other and she recently told me she's been really depressed about losing her job and working feverishly to try and get it back.
>>
>>5481538
lol go fuck yourself. prisons then would be lazy will 2.0
>>
>>5481871
Aren't we already living in a prison?
>>
>>5481865
I'm wishing your GF the best of luck with it. Being unemployed is fucking terrible.
>>
>>5481876
thats the 2.0 part cuz were in 1.4atm
>>
>>5481538
Prisoners should really not have a "Gen pop" type place and should be mostly isolated to the point where it wouldn't matter imho lad
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.