[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help. How do I come out to my parents as transgender?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 20151226_205618.jpg (360 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20151226_205618.jpg
360 KB, 1280x720
I need some help. How do I come out to my parents as transgender? I made it my new years resolution last year but instead I just pussied out and told them I was gay. This is how I look now.
>>
Try to look as femme as possible and tell them, it shows your serious about this.
>>
however you told them you were gay, try replacing the word gay with trans. Good luck.
>>
>>5474255
Well you see that's the thing. They aren't as accepting of trans as they are of gay people.
>>
>>5474297
Do they even know what trans is?
>>
>>5474227
"Hey guys, I lied a bit when I said I was gay. I'm actually transgender"

It's a much bigger deal than coming out as gay so except a lot of emotions to be thrown around.
>>
>>5474331
Yeah. They make fun of people like that all the time.
>>
>>5474354
> implying you can't be gay and trans
>>
Are you MTF or FTM? If FTM, good job; if MTF, make sure to shave before coming out.
>>
Here's what you do. Say "MOM, DAD.... EVERYBODY... I'LL ADMIT IT. I KILLED AND FUCKED A DEAD BODY!"
Then when they're all shocked, say "just kidding, but I'm actually a women" and they'll be like "oh, that's fine, who cares. Want some corn muffins, honey? We just baked some :)" and it'll all be OK.
>>
>"Hey mom, dad, I have some good news, I'm actually straight. The bad news is I want to chop my dick off"
Done
>>
>>5474373
Im MTF. I'm usually shaved. I just for lazy since I don't have to do anything. Did you think I looked like a girl or what?
>>
The only person I think would be ok with it so far is my grandma. She actually knows one of the girls that tours with Caitlyn Jenner on the series she had.
>>
File: couple-on-couch.jpg (23 KB, 647x247) Image search: [Google]
couple-on-couch.jpg
23 KB, 647x247
>>5474227
Not to reinforce gender stereotypes, but you might want to try a less stereotypically-guy pose. (Also, unless it's freezing you probably shouldn't wear a short-sleeve flannel shirt over a sweatshirt, it just looks weird.)
>>
>>5474393
> Did you think I looked like a girl or what?
No, not as are in that picture. You shouldn't have a problem passing eventually, though.
>>
>>5474407
Well I was out on a walk before. Plus some people think I look like a Younger version of Earl Hockey from My Name is Earl, so i wear my shirts like that once in a while to get people to kek.
>>
>>5474429
Earl Hickey I mean
>>
Is your family religious by any chance?
>>
>>5474439
My whole family except my brother is Catholic , but not a religious one line Ned Flanders
>>
>>5474227
You man up and tell them you're taking hormones

That's it. No bs, no acting femme, no justifying yourself. You don't need to justify your life choices.

And if you don't take hrt, then you have nothing to come out as.
>>
File: TopBantz.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
TopBantz.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>5477083

> man up
> trans* person
> mfw
>>
File: 1432784324435.jpg (60 KB, 680x516) Image search: [Google]
1432784324435.jpg
60 KB, 680x516
>>5477139
>>5477083
>coming out as mtf
>man up
>>
>>5477504
>>5477139
Woman up then. Just quit being a child
>>
>>5474227
If you can't tell mummy and daddy, the two softest easiest people to tell, you're never going to have the guts to walk down main street, or go shopping, or camwhoring, or any of the other shit that's #translife.

so you know, take some adderall and do your shit.
>>
>>5477714
>the two softest easiest people to tell
>what are abusive households
>>
fucking pasty transbian/AGP nerds everywhere
>>
>>5477714

Somebody has had an easy life. Good for you.
>>
>>5478214
Nah. I like guys only. Plus, I'm more well shaven than this, I've just gotten lazy of landscaping recently since I'm off of college for a while.
>>
File: 1448921309539.jpg (71 KB, 634x443) Image search: [Google]
1448921309539.jpg
71 KB, 634x443
>>5474374
Underrated post, good gob
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.