[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lgbt/ think of people who come out on Facebook (be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 11.jpg (405 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
405 KB, 667x1000
What does /lgbt/ think of people who come out on Facebook (be they gay bi lesbian trans queer anything)

are they attention whores? Dumbfucks intentionally looking for pain/rejection? etc

are they justified because they become a model for people in the closet? is "I just don't care about other's opinions" valid? etc
>>
I'd say that they're simply efficient, however being on facebook overrules this with "they're dickheads".
>>
>>5473358
>>5473309

OP here

Yeah that's true enough, so take this as "any social media platform of your choice" instead of Facebook
>>
>>5473309
Im coming out I'm Facebook tonight, but I'm trans and I kinda need to explain why I'm suddenly Chelsea on there and 100% serious about it.
>>
I have resigned myself to the fact that I don't get Facebook people. With me, all Facebook communication is as shallow as possible. I don't care to share of myself in public.

But some extroverted people clearly don't have that aversion. I don't resent them for it any more than I resent dog people. Which is to say I think it's silly, but go ahead.

Kind of like having your birthday be public, if birthdays were somehow contentious.
>>
>>5473366
Holy shit why does the current generation of trannies do shit like this? I'm cringing so hard just thinking about it. Why would you do this? Have you been on hormones to the point where you pass? If not, why are you purposefully putting yourself through as much awkwardness as humanly possible? Are you just doing it for attention or something? Why can't you just do what a normal person would do and try to keep it under the rug until the point where your boymode is consistently failing (i.e. to the point where you pass)? At least that way, people aren't going to automatically assume you're some sort of freak or something, and it will make much more sense when you change your name and such things, and start going around as a girl.

Are you going to go around as a fucking man in a dress, too?

When I started hormones over 7 years ago, trannies were not doing retarded shit like this all the time.
>>
>>5473985
Yo, if people think she's "a freak", then fuck those people. Why make yourself miserable treading on eggshells to placate people who don't even like you?

Get over yourself. Life's too short to waste it making shitheads feel comfortable.
>>
I used Facebook to come out as gay and my family pulled me out of school for the day to talk about it. I look back at it know and realise that that was a cringey way to come out.
>>
>>5474127
That is such a stupid mindset. You act like it'll be some minority of people thinking that they are a freak, when in reality, it'll be almost everyone, even if they're nice and don't say anything about it. They -will- think they are a freak. Nothing about it is treading on eggshells, and nothing about it is miserable, unless you're miserable when not being an attention-whore man-in-a-dress tranny freak. Your body's advancements on the hormones are more than enough to make you feel good, even if you're going around in boymode until you pass. Not to mention, when people start clocking you as a girl when you're not trying to dress like one and all that, it feels -really- good - far better than forcing them to call you one, or getting just polite gendering. When you get called "miss/ma'am/she/her" etc. in boymode, it feels far better and is much more genuine. Coming out on facebook is a great way to make yourself look like a fucking weirdo to everyone you know - and make no mistakes, coming out as trans before you're passing WILL make you look like a freak to 99% of people, no matter how nice and polite they are about it.
>>
>>5473985
>When I started hormones over 7 years ago, trannies were not doing retarded shit like this all the time.
Bull fucking shit. Older transitioners did that kind of shit all the time.
>>
File: tfw just got poz'd.jpg (7 KB, 250x171) Image search: [Google]
tfw just got poz'd.jpg
7 KB, 250x171
>>5473985
Hey, are you:

>>5449066
>>5449094
>>5449122
>>5464206
I creamed my pants many times that night when you served those nerdy AGP asslords.
>>
>>5475298
That's not me but holy shit I'd love to meet them.
>>5475289
Yeah, older transitioners who were also older and had zero chance at passing. Not younger transitioners. Also, the only ones that really get noticed are the fucking retards who go around doing that shit, not the smart ones who hide it as well as they can until they pass, so they don't embarrass themselves and reinforce the image that we're all a bunch of freaks running around as men in dresses. We're already viewed poorly enough, don't be one of those shits that makes everyone see us as freaks in the first place.
>>
>>5475312
oh fuck off
>>
>>5475317
Nice counterargument, you clearly have thought out your position very well.
>>
with gay/bi/lesbian peeps it's probably no biggy. best tell everyone so you can date them.

but i can't understand why the fuck anyone would want to come out as publicly trans on FB
>>
>>5475312
>hide until they pass
Joke's on you if you think the awkward phase is avoidable
>>
>>5475340

true, just don't shout everything from a fucking rooftop
>>
>>5473985
...why do you assume that she doesn't pass?

I came out on facebook because I'm in the public eye and hiding my hormone therapy became harder and harder. People were questioning me about it and I was sick of lying and giving excuses. I don't think that makes me an attention whore.
>>
>>5475340
I went through the awkward phase years ago. It is infinitely less awkward than going around as a man in a dress. Not to mention, the amount of time in awkwardness is far less than it would be if you just put on girl clothes pre hormones like you idiots do these days.

Going around as a girly guy is much better, too. You're not reinforcing everyone's opinion of us as a bunch of men in dresses. Instead, you have this time where everyone is like "is that a girl or a guy?" It's much better for people to be wondering which gender you are, than seeing you and going "LOL it's a man in a dress hahahahahahahahaha what a freak" in their mind (or out loud).

Awkwardness is unavoidable, however, do not confuse the awkwardness of "is that a girl or a guy?" with the awkwardness of "wow that man is wearing girl clothes, what a fucking weirdo, I better hide my kids from this shit"
>>
>>5475358
It doesn't. Coming out pre-everything on FB (to people who aren't close friends or family), and telling everyone you've changed your name and pronouns and are now 100% a woman is what the poster is pissed off at.

And so am I.
>>
>>5475358
Read the post more carefully.

>Have you been on hormones to the point where you pass? If not,
>If not

That whole "if not part" and the whole "Have you been on hormones to the point where you pass?" part are the part of my post where I express that they may very well be doing it because they're passing. However, it is a distinct possibility that they aren't passing or maybe aren't even on hormones yet. We don't know. They would have to make a response and tell us what the case is. Either way, people come out before even starting hormones or before passing all the time, and it needs to stop because it makes us all look bad.
>>
>>5475334
you're clearly already beyond reason. i'm not going to waste my time, it's not like there's bystanders i should attempt to convince by giving a new argument beyond what's already been given
>>
>>5475385
You're the one that is providing no counterargument, to points that have been very clearly addressed and knocked down. It is you that is beyond reason. You aren't even trying to reason with me, you're just posting your opinion and then getting butthurt and throwing ad hominems when I address it. This is just more evidence that you have a baseless opinion.
>>
>>5475312
Ah too bad, looks like that person has a bigger fan club by now.
>>
>>5473309
I came out on facebook because I'm too anxious to even have a second of real talk in real life, fuck me right
>>
>>5475402
yeah, yeah
>>
>>5473985
Holy fuck you're pretty buttmad and making a shitload of assumptions. I'm the person you replied to, and I started hormones at 17 and after a year and a half I pass pretty damn well. I didn't start going by my girl name irl until my friends started telling me that it's weird to be calling me by my birth name. This was after a year of hormones, when I just started to pass.

Half of my friends on Facebook already call me by my girl name and a good percent of the rest were confused by my birth name and profile pic when adding me.

Have fun projecting though :^)
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (2 MB, 298x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
2 MB, 298x480
>>5475432
Another quality post by a quality poster.

Just ignore anything that counters your opinion. Plug your ears and go dadadadadadadadada. That'll fix it.
>>
>>5475434
I really wish you had read further into the thread, or at least clearly read my post.

See this line?
>Have you been on hormones to the point where you pass? If not
>If not
The whole point was that that shit applies to you specifically -if you don't pass-

Calling it projecting is flat out retarded. I'm just pissed that there are so many out there who do come out as trans on facebook and such things, dress as girl, etc. before they pass. It makes us all look bad. You went about things the right way, which is good.

However, to clarify further, this part of your post made it seem like you might be someone who doesn't pass, thus the sparking of my post:
> I kinda need to explain why I'm suddenly Chelsea on there and 100% serious about it.
My line of reasoning was this: why would someone who passes need to explain why they are suddenly Chelsea, and why they are 100% serious about it?

Just view things from the outside point of view. That line does make it confusing about whether or not you pass.
>>
>>5475461
People that I have had added for awhile that associate my profile with my old name would probably figure out that I'm trans fairly quickly, but it'd be beneficial to just clarify it all up front. People that I add after changing my name most likely wouldn't question it a bit.
>>
File: sgfuu.jpg (8 KB, 455x335) Image search: [Google]
sgfuu.jpg
8 KB, 455x335
>>5475283

<<< free tip just for you.

Nothing you've said actually challenges what I did. If people can't deal with who you are, why should you hide? If they have a problem with it and think it's weird, your options are to tread on eggshells by hiding to protect their sensibilities, or just get it out there and to hell with them.

Sure, there are other ways to come out, but ultimately if they can't deal with it, no amount of prancing around the subject will change that, so fuck them.
>>
>>5473309
I came out as gay on facebook, 1 minute into 2016.

So 6 hours before this thread was made... fuck you OP, if I know you on facebook.
>>
>>5481139
Albeit I had already told my parents, siblings and close friends.
>>
>>5477756
>get it out there and to hell with them.
More like get it out there and reinforce the stereotype that trannies are all men in dresses. Have fun being seen as the freak that you are.

It's not treading on eggshells, but rather it is this: not stepping on landmines.
>>
I don't use Facebook.
Not my department.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.