[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do MtFs in the United States have to sign up for selective service?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Do MtFs in the United States have to sign up for selective service?

The question is moot for most MtFs, since most of them (you) were presumably still mostly in guy-mode around age 18. But now the trans-trend has a very small cohort of young people bucking puberty.

Assuming an individual case is "for real" and doesn't kill herself in the interim, would she have to sign up?

I suppose the real linchpin is legal sex, and it just occurred to me for the first time that I don't know how that works. I want someone to field all these while I search as well.
>>
>>5473158
Yes they do, unlike ftms who aren't legally obliged to.
>>
What happens at a draft? Get examined and fail? Or now, with new laws, become a sexual harrowing target?
>>
>>5473181
We haven't had a draft in like four decades, so not much to worry about.
>>
>>5473167

Ah, but as I indicated, this is moot for most. I am interested in the situation where it's... interesting.

Suppose that a young person with very nice parents, and lucky enough not to live in ID, KS, OK, OH or TN has managed to have SRS and/or has managed to have their legal documents, particularly birth certificate, amended and finalized to indicate that they are legally female, all before the person has reached the age of 18. Is that person then still obliged to register for SS despite being in some substantive sense legally female?

The question is not so much a practical as it is a legal/academic one. And there is a very obvious state vs. federal issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_the_United_States#Identity_documents
>>
>>5473223
Selective Service is a federal program, right? So presumably it would go by whatever you're listed as in federal documents.
>>
>>5473158
If your nation fundamentally disrespects who you are, why the fuck would you fight and die for it? Any MTF who wouldn't draft dodge or rot in jail instead deserves their fate.
>>
File: 1419092805463.png (474 KB, 694x476) Image search: [Google]
1419092805463.png
474 KB, 694x476
>look up UK conscription laws
>national service stopped being a thing in the 60s
>no fucking idea how it would work if it were brought back
>FTM
>not sure if I want to be eligible for national service or not
>>
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/10/12/women-likely-have-register-draft-army-secretary-says.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/25/military-transgender-ban-set-end-next-may/32345385/

There will be no escape soon. Equality in action.
>>
but does it really matter?

even if you were called in you would be considered "unfit" for the service anyway lol
>>
>>5473223
>Is that person then still obliged to register for SS
yes in fact they are which is retarded but it is what it is
>>
>>5473331
Feminists pushed to have the draft abolished.

Also some trans guys have had to register for SS.
>>
>>5473158
Sine you were born male, it shows as male as your genetic identity on your birth certificate.
>short answer
yes you do.
you wanted equality, so now you can be transgender in the military.
have fun during WWIII faggit.
>>
>>5473357
do you honestly think transwomen are actually women? LOL
>>
>>5473517
>look mom I posted it again

>>5473503
>it shows as male as your genetic identity on your birth certificate.
My birth certificate has an F on it
>>
>>5473503
Most states will amend the old certificate or issue a new one if the person gets SRS though.
>>
>>5473503
they don't test genetics for birth certificates, idiot. they look at the baby's genitals and solely go off of that.
>>
>>5473550
A lot of states now do it before srs.
>>
>>5473563
LOL
No, they just go by what the doc says. My original birth certificate says Hermaphrodite. That was crossed out and Male written above it. When I finally get my new one it will just say Female because it will be reissued instead of just amended.
>>
>>5473463
So did hippies, what's your point? It hasn't been, and soon women and men will be made to register for selective service, and sooner than that trannies will be serving openly.

So, yes, as long as the SS is around, soon enough MTF, and any other tag you put on yourself, will be registering for SS.
>>
I just found out about this I am, 18 and have never signed up for this. Am I gonna get like a fine or what?
>>
>>5473848
>implying
That requires your federal papers to say male. I have a bunch of friends who managed to stall long enough to never have to.
>>
>>5473158
Do MtFs have to sign up? Yes?

In all likelihood, they will have a medical discharge or exemption come draft day, like Trump.
>>
>>5473258
>fight and die for [your nation]
>fight and die for Israel
FTFY
>>
>>5481221

Since genital mutilation is deeply important to both Jews and transsexuals, this alliance makes sense. :^)
>>
https://www.sss.gov/Portals/0/PDFs/WhoMustRegisterChart.pdf

This PDF from the Selective Service Systems site says MtFs have to register.
>>
Most states automatically register you when you sign up for a state id or drivers license. I've always ignored the check box on the form, but if the software sees an M it will register you anyway. I got a new card in the mail recently when I had my name changed on my id. This was my first time renewing my id.
>>
>>5473784
And the doc assigns your gender based on your genitals.
>>
>>5481803
And FtMs don't have to register, for anyone too lazy to follow the link.
>>
>>5481803

OP here, this is a government-sourced, perfectly clear answer to my question.

In other words, it's the single best post in the thread. Great job!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.