[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to go over to my transgender gf's house to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: The-Danish-Girl-1[1].jpg (73 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
The-Danish-Girl-1[1].jpg
73 KB, 500x734
I'm about to go over to my transgender gf's house to watch a movie. Should I watch the Danish Girl with her? Does it paint trans people in a nice light or will it kill the mood?
>>
It's a bad movie and it's bad trans representation that makes being trans look like a fetish.
>>
>watching a movie not even available for home release yet
It's like you want to go to jail.
>>
>>5467330
>makes being trans look like a fetish
Is it sexual at all?
Will it put her in the mood to suck my dick or will she just want to talk about her feelings?
>>
Why would you want to watch a trans movie with a transgirl? Is she early in her transition or not yet transitioning?

Idk about her but I don't really like trans media. I've gotten enough about that shit from my own life; I don't need to see a movie about it. Watch something cute or fun.
>>
havent seen it, herd it has a love story so im sure its shitty pandering
>>
>>5467359
She said she wants to see it I hear Rememe is going to win an oscar for it so I want to see it too. I just don't want it to kill her mood and give her any feelings that go beyond the want to suck my penis.
>>
I saw some fucking awful sci-fi movie about a transman who has a baby and then has time travel adventures with a low-budget James Franco knock-off. Watch that.
>>
File: predestination.jpg (68 KB, 488x720) Image search: [Google]
predestination.jpg
68 KB, 488x720
>>5467377
i didnt think that movie wasnt that bad
>>
I read an interview with Eddie Redmayne and he seems pretty self aware, which is a nice change from Jared Leto's Oscar acceptance bullshit. I don't think the book was very good from what I've heard (so the screenplay and script probably aren't very good either), and it is still problematic that a cis man is playing a trans woman, but that's just because of a cis fixation on the act of transition and watching a man "become" a woman.

Go see Star Wars or The Hateful Eight or The Big Short instead probably.
>>
>>5467381
was*
>>
>>5467321
She dies in the end from a botched sex reassignment surgery, probably not something that's going to make her want to suck your dick to be honest.
>>
>>5467403
Wow spoilers...
>>
>>5467375
If she mentioned it before, it's probably fine. You sound like a boring asshole though.
>>
>>5467321
>her
>>
>>5467403

She actually died because they tried implanting a uterus/ovaries before they knew about immunosuppresants I think. She had like 6 surgeries total.
>>
File: Lili_Elbe_1926.jpg (16 KB, 220x325) Image search: [Google]
Lili_Elbe_1926.jpg
16 KB, 220x325
>>5467411
Sorry, I figured the real life story it was based on would already have been known.
>>
>>5467466
what's wrong with her posture? that looks fucking horrible
>>
>>5467403
Does that actually happen? I know it's what really happened to her (though not botched SRS, she died of transplant rejection).

I just ask because the film is based on the book of the same title which is a highly fictionized retelling of her life rather than what actually happened. Having not read the book I for some reason have a feeling that they'll be leaving that bit out.
>>
>>5467501
She dies in the movie, yes. I'm not sure why you would think they would leave that out.
>>
>>5467330
I keep seeing this, is it actually true or is it overreaction?
>>
>>5467517
Possibly an over-reaction, but the protagonist is kind of creepy about it in the female-self-is-treated-like-a-different-person kind of alter-ego fetishist way. (My understanding is that that isn't an inaccurate portrayal of the real person the story is based on, though.)
>>
>>5467413
>staying positive and oral sex is boring
You sound like a special snowflake virgin
>>
>>5467466
Lol what a hon
>>
>>5467321
Yea because we all love to be reminded we are broken and disabled
>>
I hated that movie.
He just seemed really selfish and smug..
>>
>>5467498
It was a photographic style back then.
>>
>>5467321
Tbh, I refuse to watch it out of dysphoria. I've never been able to pass as a boy, even with pounds of makeup yet my fiance pulls it off with a shave and eyeliner :(
>>
>>5467853
>>5467853
must've been so easy to pass back in the day when women looked like this
>>
>>5468554
bottom right is a qt at least
>>
>>5467384
>herp derp transsexuals should play the role of transsexuals

only if they are transsexual from the beginning of the movie. afaik she wasnt taking any HRT so having a cis guy play a transwomen in that context isnt a problem, same goes for Dallas Buyers Club.
>>
Just finished watcing it. It was total shit. The movie wasn't even about a transgender person. It was about a guy with a crossdressing fetish and a split personality disorder. My gf spent about 30 minutes talking about her up bringing and her gay/trans exerpieinces when she was a 9 year old boy when the movie was over. I was just thinking "why the fuck did I watch this piece of shit with her" but lucky for me those stories gave me a boner and she noticed and started sucking it.
Overall I'd say it's a 4/10 movie that will set the trans movement back a giant step
>>
>>5467375

Is Rememe The Revenant? Also, I didn't realize guys like you dated trans women.
>>
>>5469591
Sounds like it went better than expected, as far as dick sucking is concerned.
>>
>>5469591
(Also, share stories.)
>>
File: 1450507248153.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450507248153.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>5469591
>Overall I'd say it's a 4/10 movie that will set the trans movement back a giant step

It's always like this. Transgender people are finally coming to the public's awareness and we're misrepresented again and again by misguided 'allies'. First Jenner, then that SteponKnee weirdo and now this shitty movie. Trans rights have been set back another 20 fucking years. This shit only reinforces the popular narrative that we're all mentally ill weirdos.

Fuck everything.
>>
>>5469730
redmayne
re-meme
>>
>>5469865
(To be fair, a lot of us are mentally ill weirdos.)
>>
It's a well shot movie but it's pretty forgettable.
Lili's character ends up being secondary to Gerda or whatever her name is when the movie's story is framed around her transition. The central drama around Gerda revolving around the breakdown of the relationship due to Lili's transition is interesting but that's about it.
The trans character feels more like a secondary character in the film when it should be the primary focus.
[spoiler] That's what you trans fuckwits get for ruining The Crying Game. That was building up a really intense emotional conflict between Fergus's friendship with Jody/respect towards his memory and Fergus's growing romantic desires towards Dil framed against the IRA's fight against British Occupation and that get's thrown out in the second half so we can look at Jaye Davidson's penis and watch Fergus try to decide whether or not to suck it. A fantastic opening and emotional conflict tossed aside halfway for a shittily handled relationship drama. [/spoiler]
[spoiler] I will never not be angry about that movie. [/spoiler]
>>
>>5467352
If I was your GF, I'd be fucking pissed off that you thought I'd like the movie in the first place, and probably spend the afternoon avoiding you.

It's a bad movie, it's a bad portrayal of trans people, and watching it pissed me the hell off.
>>
>>5471213
>See a movie.
>It turns out it's bad.
>Instead of being angry at the people who made it, get pissed at the person you saw it with and avoid them entirely.
You must be a barrel of laughs, you barrel of cunts.
>>
>>5471257
didn't read that their GF had pointed the movie out.

i meant, if someone who knew i was trans thought that The Danish Girl would be a great trans movie to watch with me, i'd be pissed

i'd be pissed that they want to watch a trans movie (bringing up how shitty my life is), and that they thought this sounded like a *good* portrayal of someone transgender
>>
>>5469888
Only because society made us this way.

>>5471265
I just watch lesbian love stories instead.
>>
>>5467384
>and it is still problematic that a cis man is playing a trans woman
try again
>>
>>5467535
>movie about a trans woman makes her look like either an AGP creep or a cock-starved sexual predator
Geez, it's like media doesn't get it.

You'd think people would get the point that media isn't our friend after the 90s.
>>
>>5471159
>trans people ruined the crying game
Your brain is pea-sized is it? Nobody trans was even involved in making this fucking movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6kcpys_Tg

> 2 dollar tranny

What do you all make of this?
>>
>>5471213
Well thank fuck you aren't my gf then
>>
>>5468554
Women have always looked like this and always will. Cosmetics are what makes women beautiful for the most part.
>>
>>5472085

Pretty good

That's the guy who's dating Milk from Drag Race

Most trannies do look like shit so quit acting offended
>>
>>5469591
I wish I had a bf to suck his dick
>>
>>5469591
>lucky for me those stories gave me a boner and she noticed and started sucking it.
well that's pleasant, at least.
>>
>>5469865
>she doesn't realize the Jenner shit was just a honeymoon phase
The 80s was like this. And for a very brief time there was a honeymoon phase in the late 50s as well until it went to shit.
>>
>>5467321
Isn't that just Eddie Redmayne crying out "GIMME ANOTHER OSCAR, I WANT ANOTHER OSCAR!" like Veruca Salt?
>>
File: 1449376168749.jpg (62 KB, 365x415) Image search: [Google]
1449376168749.jpg
62 KB, 365x415
>>5469865
>SteponKnee

literally just looked this up for the first time.
Fucking hell. I know I say people should kill themselves a lot but seriously. This thing needs to kill itself.
>>
She probably doesn't want to be reminded she's trans all the time, op.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.