[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel uncomfortable labeling their sexuality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Balls don't touch.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Balls don't touch.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
I'm attracted to both men and women (mostly leaning towards women) but I feel really uncomfortable calling myself bisexual. I know it's dumb but I still think of myself as straight despite being attracted to both sexes.

Anyone else like this? Am I just retarded?
>>
>>5456188
>Am I just retarded?
It depends.

Being attracted with feminine men, traps and girls with dicks is straight.

If you are attracted to masc men then yeah you're at least bi and pretty retarded for thinking you're straight.
>>
>>5456198
I'm attracted to both feminine men and pretty men along with /fit/ guys. No bearmode dudes, though.
>>
I feel the same, although I've been bouncing between straight and gay for a couple years. Like every time it seems like I feel one way, for sure, there's a person I really like that seems like an exceptions. I've been avoiding telling anyone about it for this reason.

Hopefully this'll settle down when I [spoiler]transition.
>>
>>5456188
Think about it this way, the ancients didn't generally classify themselves as "gay" because no coherent gay identity existed pre-capitalism. People understood same sex behaviors, and some societies had more tolerance for them than others, but the social order mostly kept people bound by familial duties.

Gay identity is a product of post-feudal wage-labor relationships, which for the first time in history freed the individual from the constraint of clan and kin. Just because you have sex with other male people doesn't make you homosexual- homosexual is a disease classification created to stigmatize men who chose to live lifestyles not bound to women and reproductive duties.

Just think of it as a behavior, some more habitual than others, but a behavior nonetheless.
>>
>>5456188
I guess the kind of male matters. Also whether you secretly want to get topped. Despite all the tedious broscience discussions, this always seems to come down to stoneage sexual power dynamics that 'feel' right to people.
>>
>>5456188
Go to tumbler. I hear there's a lot of people like you over there.
>>
>>5456325
I'm not trying to sound like some special snowflake. I know it's dumb but it's still hard to think of myself as bisexual.

I know that according to any logical definition I am, but I just have this weird hang up about it.
>>
>>5456267
I don't disagree with your points. Well done. However how does any of this help op date honestly and fill out sexuality checkboxes?
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (103 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
103 KB, 500x715
Bro, sexuality is a weird thing. There's almost never a person with a cut and dry sexuality, especially among faggots. I for example am bisexual, but it's not that i'm attracted to both genders so much as i'm attracted to femininity and i'm not bothered if there's a penis attached. I have no interest in someone if they're masculine, regardless of their genitals.

inb4 lel you're not attracted to masculinity but penis lel xD
>>
>>5456342
It's probably because you have stereotypes about men attracted to men or just bisexuals in general. You don't consider yourself a part of this stereotype, so you become uncomfortable calling yourself bisexual.
... I think.
>>
>three sided polygon
>doesn't want to be classified as a triangle
>my snowflake identity is too fragile for this world

attraction to both sexes is bisexual by definition

it really doesn't matter what your opinion is.
>>
Fucker/fuckee/fuckverse. Attracted to weaker/stronger/clone. Somebody should have made a chart explaining everything from these six points.
>>
>>5456188
I know what you mean, I just don't like calling myself bi for some reason. I like gay better.
>>
>>5456448
see>>5456342
>>
File: 1358494105490.jpg (290 KB, 479x705) Image search: [Google]
1358494105490.jpg
290 KB, 479x705
>>5456461
okay so are we supposed to hold his hand through the self-loathing phase of his coming to terms with sucking cock?

it sounds like OP has a clear, evident, admitted, and obvious irrational notion to me.
>>
>>5456478
>implying so much with such anger
who hurt you?
>>
I have a lot of friends with this issue and I really don't understand it, but I try to respect it. Is it just because you don't like the "bisexual" stereotype?
>>
I just don't understand the problem really. On here I'll call myself a biscum for simplicity, but I feel more like a libertine. Anyway it doesn't really matter, bi guys rarely go with other bi guys, so you'll have to say you are gay when you're with a guy and never tell women you are bisexual because that will destroy any chance with them so to them you say you are straight. Learn to navigate what works best in each situation and don't worry so much about stupid labels.
>>
>>5456267
Anyone else think that sex would feel a whole lot better if you'd live a life a straight man and fucked guys on the down low? Adding being a christian on top of that, I'd bet nutting would feel hella good because of how forbidden it felt.

Maybe I should just call myself "straight" but secretly be a cock graving faggot that just wants to get on his knees and please other men.

Ohh wait, im a robot, straight, gay it doesn't make a difference because I'm an autistic robot.
>>
>>5456527
Doesn't that add to the biscum stereotype of lying behavior? You're essentially telling people what they want to hear to get what you want
>>
>>5456785
Can you blame them? All these times dealing with women, well let's just say it rewards dishonest guys and scumbags.
>>
>>5456785
I don't really care about that to be honest. I'd rather get what I want by telling people what I want to hear, then not getting what I want by telling people what they don't want to hear.
>>
>>5456267
Concepts of gay did exist, words didn't.

A guy having sex with a fem. guy was viewed as more straight than sex with a woman by Greeks [as I've been led to believe]

Sex with masc guys generally [as far as I've seen] wasn't depicted, so assumably was taboo
>>
>>5456861
You need some serious history lessons bud.
>>
>>5456188
Because straight, bisexual and gay are words that are loaded with social meaning well beyond who you are attracted to.

I dont blame you for avoiding the word but at the end of the day being truthful and upfront about it is the only way to diminish stereotypes and misconceptions.

Bisexual is especially hard because it's a label that doesnt tell much by itself. While gay and straight represent one number each on the kinsey scale, bisexual covers 5 numbers. Then there's the bi guy who likes females and feminine men/trannies, the bi guy who likes manly man/feminine women but doesnt like trannies, etc.
>>
>>5456896
>bi guy who likes feminine men/trannies
Which is what? Pansexual? What if it's exclusively dmat as in not ciswomen attracted?
>>
>>5457606
who knows, who cares
>>
>>5457731
That's all it all really boils down to at the end of the day isn't it. Non of it really matters, it's just the constant need to label and seek recognition for things that so many people are consumed by today.
For example, tumblr snowflake bullshit. For what it's worth I think some of what they have to say is somewhat legit, it's just the way they go on & on and create such a fuss over it all that makes them such insufferable cunts.
>>
>>5457731
>I don't know
>takes drag on cigarette
>>5457990
>I don't know
>flairs nostrils

Cool thanks guys.
>>
I'm pretty confused about this.
I mean, I would totally date marry a girl, but I don't imagine myself having sex with them. I don't see myself dating or marrying a guy, but I do imagine myself having sex with one.
>>
>>5458361
>transbian bottom
or
>basically a normal person
Not sure
>>
>>5458361
heteroromantic bisexual
>>
>>5456188
Literally only bisexuals think this. Gays and lesbians have no qualms at all labelling themselves that way.
>>
>>5458531
You mean degenerates who believe the gay 'community' is a real thing and not a bar on happy hour? Naw lady. I'm not about assimilation for marketing purposes.
>>
>>5458423
Are you trying to say if I'm trans?
If so, that's not the case.
>>
>>5458580
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>5458602
You neglected to say, so I chose my own adventure. Can't solve a case without deets, Watson.
>>
I do this, I am a more male oriented bisexual male, but I just tell everyone I'm gay. I don't really date women either. I guess it's just easier playing it totally gay despite being a little bi.
>>
I like girls
I like boys
I like girls who used to be boys
>>
File: 1447523157538.png (97 KB, 233x295) Image search: [Google]
1447523157538.png
97 KB, 233x295
>>5456198
>Being attracted with feminine men, traps and girls with dicks is straight.

>>5456527
>lying to gay men

Proceed to kill yourself immediately.
>>
File: Dworkin on bisexuality.png (33 KB, 1136x231) Image search: [Google]
Dworkin on bisexuality.png
33 KB, 1136x231
>>5456188

I agree the fixation on sexual orientations is retarded.

It's fundamentally rooted in heteronormativity after all. Everyone has to clearly categorize their orientation when it's separate from "heterosexual", and almost always it carries on the implication of a gender binary, sex binary, and monogamous relationships.

I would call myself a pansexual polyamorist but then people will go "hurr durr snowflake" and indeed in practice I'm more likely to make heterosexual monogamous relationships anyway so there's really no suitable label at all.

Whatever I say will be misinterpreted. The only options are to chicken my way around labels with a brief explanation like "mostly heterosexual but kind of open to anything", or to sit down and explain tons of ideology to someone if there's the chance they're interested.
>>
>>5459981
>>Being attracted with feminine men, traps and girls with dicks is straight.
If the brain thinks it's a female body, then that's biologically straight.

This is exactly why I differentiate between biological sexual orientation, intentional sexual orientation, and sexual behavior.

Biological is whether your brain likes feminine or masculine anatomy, without knowing the true sex of the person.

Intentional is what you consciously constrain yourself to.

Behavior is what you just end up doing, as a combination of the former two and such.

Also even these aren't clear-cut. The brain acquires fetishes for certain things that one might think are "feminine" or "masculine" when in fact their social constructs. For example, what the fuck do stockings and pink dresses have to do with female anatomy? Nothing.
>>
>>5461094
>I would call myself a pansexual polyamorist but then people will go "hurr durr snowflake"

I hate this so much. You can't say anything non traditional without being called an SJW or special snowflake.
>>
Why ask why?
Just enjoy what's good to you.
>>
is it bisexual if i'm attracted to 1 guy and 9 girls? 1 guy and 99 girls? does quantity/ratio matter or is it a simple 1 guy and you're bi?
>>
>>5464816
Maybe you're what's good to me, bb.
>>
>>5464840
Ty
>>
I'm exactly like you are OP, idk if that helps.
>>
File: gay_chart.png (7 KB, 413x292) Image search: [Google]
gay_chart.png
7 KB, 413x292
>>5456453
something like that?

2 months in MS paint
>>
File: zzmkdgfk37gxesyslito.jpg (53 KB, 625x354) Image search: [Google]
zzmkdgfk37gxesyslito.jpg
53 KB, 625x354
>>5466488
Not bad, but it doesn't explain everything.
Example: I'm legitimately sexually attracted to your efforts, bb. You are now my favorite.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.