[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to take Anti Androgens without Estrogen? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (465 KB, 900x723) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465 KB, 900x723
Is it safe to take Anti Androgens without Estrogen? I've heard conflicting answers and I can't get estrogen currently so just blockers is my best option currently
>>
Not in the long term since you'll develop osteoporosis (you're basically giving yourself the hormone levels of a post-menopausal woman). If it's just for a few months until you can get on estrogen then it won't be a problem. The reason people say not to do it is because of femboys who want to take anti-androgens to stay young and qt but don't want to go all the way with HRT and grow boobs
>>
>>5452807

Better to have blockers than nothing. The question is how long you plan to spend without sex hormones.
>>
It would probably be like 2 years, it's not currently feasible to get estrogen in my current position.
>>
>>5452840
That might be a problem. Why can't you get estrogen? Third world country?
>>
>>5452840
If you can get purifica mirifica (it's an herb that's typically unregulated and has similar effects to estrogen), do that while you wait to get the real thing. It does work.
>>
>>5452882
Oops, it's "Pueraria Mirifica."
>>
It's more that I'm not accepted in my current living situation. What's the longest I could go without sex hormones.
>>
>>5452950
If that's the case, take them anyway, but do it in cycles of a few months or so to avoid serious breast growth.
>>
>>5452950
You can just take estrogen and wear baggy clothes when your boobs start to develop. There's hardly even any significant physical effects until 6+ months in
>>
Would taking them periodically actually work like that?
>>
>>5452820
There have been castrated men who live fulfilling, long lives. You don't just spontaneously develop osteoporosis either. As long as op is below 35, regularly exercises, gets proper vitamin d / calcium and doesn't drink carbonated drinks they should be fine. The primary factor in skeletal health in both males and females is estrogen though, so it would be better if op at least tries for a low dose to offset what their body isn't making.
>>
How low of a dose would I have to take for their to be neglible effects?
>>
>>5453061
The only thing that would give you away would be growing boobs. It takes consistent, long-term dosage to grow them, and even then it's slow and gradual. So you can just quit for a while if you feel it is too obvious.

>>5453080
Depends on your genetics.
>>
If it's okay that I ask, what is your situation?
>>
Could I take AA periodically without the side effects, etc?
>>
I graduated last year and I still live with my parents, I'm working on getting out of the house but I don't want to wait to start taking at least anti androgens.
>>
Osteoporosis is a frequent side of the AA's used during prostate cancer treatment, but should also remember most people with prostate cancer are 60+ years old and are already at risk for osteoporosis. But even then only about 50% get it. Also they take estrogen blockers along with AA's which significantly increases their osteoporosis risk.
If you're young you'll most likely bounce back from it just fine assuming you're not taking them for many years without supervision from a doctor.
>>
>>5453190
So like 2 years is fine?
>>
>>5453216
It's not without risk, but it might be the best option available for the time being.
>>
>>5453216
It's getting borderline
>>
>>5453234
Ok, how could I get the AA?
>>
>>5453263
Online pharmacies
>>
Idk. I feel like it's underestimated how much a sex hormone drives our passions in life, outside of sex. It would be cool if a controlled study came out where folks went 6-12 months without a sex hormone and see how their moods worked.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.