[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I am currently very worried I may have been exposed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: annika_strom_5295_1024x768.jpg (45 KB, 935x720) Image search: [Google]
annika_strom_5295_1024x768.jpg
45 KB, 935x720
Hello. I am currently very worried I may have been exposed to HIV. Two nights ago I met a man at a bar, we went back to my house and he shaved my genitals. During it, I was cut by the razor. It was a minor cut, but I am terrified of the implications. He is a 50 year old Caribbean male, with the added stressor of being from a country with far less stringent HIV/AIDS education. We did not engage in any oral or anal sex. Neither of us climaxed, though we thoroughly kissed many times. I don't recall any lesions or the taste of blood from any sores on his face, nor were there any signs I can recall on his body. I have been unable to hold food down for over 36 hours. My appetite is very low. I have some lower back pain. While we were together we also cosumed cocaine and quite a bit of alcohol, which, combined with my stress, is what I attribute the illness to. I am very scared and want to get tested as soon as possible, though I understand the soonest test I can get is an RNA test, and it is best to wait 9 days. Is there anything I can do in interim?? This is my first sexual encounter of any type with a male, and the only encounter besides one consistent lover since my last std check.
>>
>>5451302
I went through an hiv scare

The symptoms don't present themselves for a few weeks

Get tested in 3-6 months you will have to wait and it will be stressful but it's ok.
>>
>>5451302
Flu like symptoms in the next two weeks; I'm not a doctor, but from my understanding that is the best (worst) indications. Don't bother getting tested for a while, it takes a while. Sounds like you're suffering from the effects of drug usage.

Liquids, bland food are your best friend. Best luck, you're probably fine.
>>
>>5451302
>Is there anything I can do in interim??
Viruses are very sensitive to changes in temperature, so just sleep in the oven for a few days and you'll most likely destroy all traces of hiv in your body.
>>
>>5451302
>We did not engage in any oral or anal sex
How could've you've contracted HIV? I'm ignorant.
>>
>>5451302

How did it come to the point where he shaved you? How do you suppose you could have gotten infected?
>>
>>5451418
god my grammar.
>>
>>5451302
You think you have it? You might be dying. You can be asymptomatic. For a very long time. But what to do in the next 9+ days?

Well you're high strung so you've probably read the stats and are aware of the new pharma. That doesn't help the fear of not knowing. Actually people would generally be much happier if they knew when they were going to die -- if you think about it. It would be a feature not not a bug.

So assume you're positive. Assume you're dying. Live according to that until you can get total confirmation that you're not. And you probably will be clear so that will be an even nicer day for you, won't it?

OP, you're dying. Now calm down and live with it day-to-day.
>>
I know PEP (not PreP) works within the next 72 hours after exposure. You might try that anon
>>
>>5451302
What fucking sequence of events leads you to let a total stranger shave your balls?
Anywho I'm almost certain HIV has no symptoms that appear in less than a year so it's probably unrelated.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.