[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you get your voice to sound right it seems impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1369462312942.png (25 KB, 609x749) Image search: [Google]
1369462312942.png
25 KB, 609x749
how do you get your voice to sound right it seems impossible
im convinced everyone with a passing voice is a cis girl and its an elaborate lie at this point
>>
if you haven't been practicing for at least an hour a day for several months, you are in no position to say something like this.
>>
>>5450204
a voice coach will likely help you out and make you more confident
>get a voice coach
>>
>>5450406
This

It's like a musical instrument. You ever play music? It can take months of practice just to play a scale right
>>
>>5450406
>>5450458
I think OP's point is that there's no instrument to play with unless you're a cis girl. I'm honestly in the same boat, 3 months in wheezing guy mode, not a single female sound made.
>>
>>5450495
listen, I have all the sympathy in the world, voice training is difficult, but I cannot fucking stand lazy attitudes like this.
>>
File: CharlezeTheron.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CharlezeTheron.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>5450204
https://clyp.it/2bujxn12
>>
>>5450204
This si what I fear the most, like how the fuck do you change your voice to female.
>>
>tfw can't even feel the muscles you're supposed to tense to change the resonance
>>
Recommendations for prose, poems, songs, etc. to use as material during practice? I find that I can't talk to myself without tripping over my own tongue if I am just trying to talk to myself off the top of my head, it's too distracting when I'm trying to both come up with something to say and to get the sounds to sound right.
>>
>>5453880
Just read any book off the shelf. Right now I'm shedding through Edith Hamilton's Mythology and I hardly understand anything but it keeps my mouth moving and my mind on my voice.

I'm certainly no authority on voice, but if you're just working on pitch & resonance it doesn't matter if what you say makes sense at all.
>>
Idk either in such an idiot I want to get ffs but my voice is bad stupid
>>
>>5453901
Okay, I'll try that. Thank you.
>>
File: Deaf-Mute-Sign-Language.jpg (220 KB, 1366x500) Image search: [Google]
Deaf-Mute-Sign-Language.jpg
220 KB, 1366x500
>>5453985
You could always pretend to be mute.
>>
I drive a lot for work and practice when I drive, I occassionally make sounds I like but how forced it is makes me super uncomfortable. Any of you ever get to the point where you maintain the voice constantly while relaxed? Like without even thinking?
>>
>>5454047
I have to talk to people for my job in hoping trial by fire will get my voice passable
>>
>>5454061
At present my normal voice seems to be shifting somewhat from beta-male-nerd into more of a sissy-gay-faggot range; I guess that's progress, but I hope that's not the final product.
>>
>>5454083

I was practicing my voice one day when my mom called up to me, so I was caught by surprise and I answered more quickly than I was ready. For a second and a half I sounded like the gayest man on the planet.
>>
File: P9NekEunAGyl.jpg (69 KB, 594x400) Image search: [Google]
P9NekEunAGyl.jpg
69 KB, 594x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLIar0LPVrk just get surgery
>>
If you play video games just practice it when on voice comms

It'll sound good in a few weeks
great in a few months
flawless in a few years
>>
>>5450204
Your body's not female, and no matter what you do, it's not ever going to be female. You could change what you can, I'm all for it, but otherwise learn to live with it.
>>
>>5450204
You just have to practice a ton. Start off with singing until you can raise your pitch kinda easily then apply that to speech. Use it literally every chance you have, even if its awkward at first, after a few months like this you should have a good voice
>>
>>5462840
>You could change what you can, I'm all for it, but otherwise learn to live with it.
That's the thing, you can change the way your speaking voice sounds. It takes practice but you ultimately have control over it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.