[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama LGBT legacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
I think President Obama's biggest legacy overall will be his sweeping achievements on LGBT rights.

>have the USA sponsor the declaration in support of LGBT rights in the UN General Assembly and the UNHRC
>restored the annual presidential declaration of LGBT pride month at the beginning of June (a policy started under Bill Clinton in 2000, but stopped under the GWB administration)
>signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the list of US federal hate crime category.
>signed the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, allowing LGB individuals to openly serve in the military
>became the first sitting US president to endorse marriage equality
>repealed the federal ban on sodomy in the US military
>appointed two US Supreme Court judges, thus paving the way for the nation wide marriage equality ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges>
>enacted a US executive order that banned discrimination for US federal contractors on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, along with adding gender identity to the US executive order banning discrimination in federal employment
>>
I hope he's remembered for selling out the whistle blowers and killing children (including US citizens) in drone strikes.
>>
>>5449428
Forgot this:

>ended the US military ban on transsexual military service members by May 2016
>>
His biggest legacy will be a complete chaos in Middle East and dividing Americans apart more than ever
>>
>>5449456
That's Bush.
>>
>>5449460
Obama added Libya, Yemen and Syria to the list and was financing terrorism. Obama has been intruding more into other nations and killing count is higher.
>>
Oh and the way Obama left Iraq was the worst possible option and just opened the door to the terrorists he was later supporting. His foreign policy has been absolutely chaotic but they who cares, as long as gays can marry(which he was against at first too).
>>
>>5449463
>Because muh feels
>>
>>5449433
>I hope he's remembered for selling out the whistle blowers and killing children (including US citizens) in drone strikes.

And Romney and McCain won't have done this as well?

>>5449456
>His biggest legacy will be a complete chaos in Middle East and dividing Americans apart more than ever
>>
>>5449428
>I think President Obama's biggest legacy overall will be his sweeping achievements on LGBT rights.
And it was all because of pandering. Oh joy!
>>
>>5449463
>Obama added Libya, Yemen and Syria to the list and was financing terrorism.

And how many US ground troops did he send there?

>Obama has been intruding more into other nations and killing count is higher.

Over 1 million Iraqis were killed because of the Iraq invasion, Obama hasn't gotten anywhere close to that.

>>5449470
>Oh and the way Obama left Iraq was the worst possible option

There was no easy way out.

>as long as gays can marry(which he was against at first too).

He was never "against". David Axelrod said Obama always supported gay marriage but was in the closet about it.
>>
>>5451458
>And it was all because of pandering. Oh joy!

Would you rather have a president who doesn't do jack shit for us and enacts a constitutional ban on gay marriage? Cause that's what Romney and McCain would have done.
>>
>>5451477
I'd rather have a president who's honest in favor and not "whatever way the wind blows", just like Hillary.
>>
File: bernie-sanders-portrait-01.jpg (402 KB, 1728x1225) Image search: [Google]
bernie-sanders-portrait-01.jpg
402 KB, 1728x1225
>>5451491
>I'd rather have a president who's honest in favor and not "whatever way the wind blows", just like Hillary.

Honest? So you would rather have someone like Ted Cruz who turns America back into the 1950s?

As for Hillary, she has always supported LGBT rights, such not marriage. Nor am I support of her however.

If you what someone who's always support LGBTQ rights, including marriage, from day one, you should get behind Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>5451523

>As for Hillary, she has always supported LGBT rights

Uhm...no....
>>
>>5451523
>As for Hillary, she has always supported LGBT rights
Definitely NOPE.
>you should get behind Bernie Sanders.
He's the liberal candidate I'd support if it came that far.
>>
>>5451536
I don't even support Hillary, and I'm actively campaigning against her, but attacking her on LGBT rights is retarded. She's voted 100% in favor of the LGBT community in the Senate (keep in mind she's from liberal New York).

http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm

>End hate crimes and other intolerance. (Sep 2000)

>Military service based on conduct, not sexual orientation. (Dec 1999)

>Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)

>Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)

>Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)

>Provide benefits to domestic partners of Federal employees. (Dec 2007)

>Reinforce anti-discrimination and equal-pay requirements. (Jan 2008)
>>
File: laughing dolls.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
laughing dolls.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>breeders
>pro lgbt
>>
I try sympathize with you /lgbt/ but your understanding of foreign policy is /pol/ tier. I guess it is wrong of me to expect being gay=not being a retard.
>>
>>5451569
>HRC
Rated favorably by an organization that repeatedly throws transgender people under the bus to appease its LGB constituents? Oh boy!
>>
>>5454532
Not thinking that Americans are the "good guys"? You're not. No matter how much you try to tell yourselves. Fucking kike slaves.
>>
>>5454613
Give me some examples of HRC throwing trans people under the bus. Legitimately curious here.
>>
>>5454613
Nice divide and conquer tactics /pol/.
>>
It will all be reversed by Republicans anyway
>>
>>5449433
>killing children (including US citizens) in drone strikes
Oh like that american who joined terrorists and brought his son along to die in the drone strike?
>>
>>5451470
OBUMMER!!!
>>
WHY ARE REPUBLICANS SO FUCKING STUPID?
My theory is glue huffing
>>
>>5449456
Neocons did that on their own.

Started a 21st century version of the soviet afghan war in Iraq when their never was AQ and now all the Suni areas are a terrorist empire.
>>
>>5455315
Yeah! Fuck that kid! Serves him right for having a shitty father
>>
>>5451569
>Supported DOMA in (Sep 1996)
>Never did anything to fix it (Sep 1996 - Jun 2015)
>Made excuses and claimed it was justified (2015)
If she did really change her mind on it why didn't she do anything?
>>
>>5449460
Second.
>>
>>5449428
I think he'll be remembered for assassinating and attacking a leader of a sovereign nation. Libya.

But at the same time he turns a blind eye to what shit Saudie Arabia has been doing to it's people?

Not only that he'll be remembered for putting the USA in crushing debt. We're at what $20 trillion in debt now since he's been in office?

And this is the only president to have cause deterioration of racial relations which will last several years. We are literally at the brink of an open rebellion now thanks to this asshole.

But hey at least he help the very vocal minority and satisfied sjw's at the cost of the stability of an entire nation.

Cool clock Obama.
>>
>>5456073
>I think he'll be remembered for assassinating and attacking a leader of a sovereign nation. Libya.
Perhaps you do a little bit more reading of the Libyan Civil War, and the last days of Gaddafi. Especially about international effort to get involved in Libya, and also about who actually killed Gaddafi.

>But at the same time he turns a blind eye to what shit Saudie Arabia has been doing to it's people?
>BUT MUH Saudi Arabia
>Hey lets start a war with the Saudis, so we can bring the region into maximum over instability drive
or alternatively
>Hey lets isolate the Saudis so that we lose the only ally in the region that is capable of controlling the Red Sea and get ourselves cucked out of the Middle East. That will teach them to let women not wear burkas.

>Not only that he'll be remembered for putting the USA in crushing debt. We're at what $20 trillion in debt now since he's been in office?
>MUH DEBT
2010 was 5 years ago bud perhaps, the Tea Party is dead.

>And this is the only president to have cause deterioration of racial relations which will last several years. We are literally at the brink of an open rebellion now thanks to this asshole.
Totally his fault.

>But hey at least he help the very vocal minority and satisfied sjw's at the cost of the stability of an entire nation.
Day of the Rope any day now. Hyperinflation just around the corner.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.