[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been told by coworkers or friends that "its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mcgowan.jpg (212 KB, 1500x1857) Image search: [Google]
mcgowan.jpg
212 KB, 1500x1857
Have you ever been told by coworkers or friends that "its OK if you act more gay" and that "you should lisp more?" I've been told that they're concerned that I am ashamed of myself because I apparently act straight and they're uncomfortable.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Act like I'm on a float at a pride parade?
>>
>>5445966
Yes - make them uncomfortable! Compliment their dress sense, ask if they've lost weight, gossip with the girls, drink poof juice, talk about your sexual prowess and encounters whenever it's completely inappropriate and when they ask you to tone it down a bit just go back to normal
>>
>>5445966
> "its OK if you act more gay" and that "you should lisp more?" I've been told that they're concerned that I am ashamed of myself because I apparently act straight and they're uncomfortable.
That's pretty fucked up. Imagine them having the same sentiment towards a black guy or Jew.

Tell them what they're asking for doesn't make sense to you, even if it does, then ask them to explain further. You want them to hear themselves communicate the shit they believe out loud.
If after that they continue to hold their "your not gay enough for us" position after some Socratic questioning; politely tell them that they appear to have the wrong idea (stereotype) of what a gay man is.

If that doesn't work, then go to HR. In fact fuck it, just go to HR now OP. This type of issue is what they're trained and paid to solve.
>>
File: spock-kirk-slash.jpg (25 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
spock-kirk-slash.jpg
25 KB, 500x346
>>5445966
So you're ashamed of yourself and you try to cover it up by not acting like what you are? You're the problem here.
>>
>>5445966

just be yourself and if anyone suggests you do otherwise, thank them for their concern, but say you are authentically you.

i had the reverse problem growing up. my brother would come home and 'tattle' on me for using a gay voice at school but not at home.
>>
>>5446168

>someones encouraging you to be you, they just arent educated enough to understand the extent of it
>GO TO HR

someones showing OP that they care. they are doing it wrong, but it is the thought that counts.
>>
>>5445966
>telling your coworkers you're gay

why?
>>
File: 1451112461100.png (53 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
1451112461100.png
53 KB, 540x408
>>5446874
Not every is ashamed, unlike you.
>>
>>5446840
The road to a hellish work environment can be paved with good ignorant intentions. If >>5446837 doesn't work for OP, then HR has a problem to solve.
>>
>>5447357
I'm not ashamed. I just don't think the people I only have a professional relationship with need to know that I like dick.
>>
>>5447450
you don't need to dance behind questions and social situations. if it comes up it does, is how I treat it.
>>
>>5446168
I'd say do this but only after trying to explain to them that the majority of gays don't actually have different behaviours.
If they're still uncomfortable and bug you about it then report them. It is a form of homophobia in a sense, even if it is just that they're going full-retard. Companies usually have people that can come and talk to them and educate them about lgbt people. Reporting them won't just get them insta-fired.
>>
>>5447521
well, yeah, if someone asks I won't deny it. I just have never been asked too many personal questions while at work.

But it could be because I spent most of my work time alone in a little office.
>>
>>5445966

You're a gem and you don't even know it, man. Being masculine is great, and a lot of gays eat it up.
>>
>>5445966
The Pogues are great
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.