[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Picture 5.png (146 KB, 430x524) Image search: [Google]
Picture 5.png
146 KB, 430x524
Make me proud /lgbt/
Disagree with /pol/.
Is being trans a "delusion"?
>>
File: GIDNEURO.png (20 KB, 616x416) Image search: [Google]
GIDNEURO.png
20 KB, 616x416
>>5445141
Medical condition.

It's awful childish of the political fringe to want to interfere in someone else's medicine.
>>
>>5445141
>legbutts
>doing anything other than call each other names
So how new are you?
>>
/lgbt/ hates trannies more than /pol/ does
>>
>>5445141
Not really a delusion, a delusion means you believe something that isn't true. A lot of people think trans people are delusional because they "think they're a woman" but it's really more about being uncomfortable with their body. They don't think they are a woman in the general biological sense, or they wouldn't desire to transition.
>>
>>5445158
Psychological disorders usually have a neurological basis.
>>
>>5445141
a delusion is an inability to for the conscious mind to properly interprete exterior reality.

Someone who has gender disphoria is not confused as to what their physical phenotype is. They have the same perception as you as to what the exterior appearance of their body is. What differs is the internal response to that situation.

Someone with the neurological disorder that prevents them from feeling pain is not delusional about the state of their body when injured. The simply have a different response to that state of their body.
>>
>>5445175

What do you think about the likes who want people to stop using the word "woman" when talking about pregnant people, because it implies that all woman can get pregnancies and therefore erases out the existence of trans women?

I know it's a really fringe thing (hell, maybe it was a troll all along), and still not literally delusional I guess, but I wanted to ask...
>>
>>5445288
Not the person you were replying to, but I thought it was about trans men who get pregnant.
>>
>>5445330
Uh, or that I guess. Not sure.
>>
>>5445141
Nope. It's a pretty simple refutation too, because trans people do not literally believe that they are physically the opposite sex
>>
>>5445141
It is. We should be euthanized.

Source: I'm a tranny.
>>
>>5445141
/pol/ is a delusion
>>
>>5445185
Neurological conditions often manifest psychological conditions is what you meant to say. And no, that's not the same thing.
>>
>>5445420
This.
Signed, a man with mental illness and boobs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.