[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck this is meant to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck this is meant to be transphobic? cause I dont fucking see it!
>>
>>5444272
who said it's transphobic?
>>
For context, I've seen a couple of Tumblr cunts on social media posting this saying it's transphobic.
I understand the underlying root of why they'd say that (SJW persecution complex and attentionwhoring) but I am dumbfounded at what there is to find offensive in this specific picture.
>>
>>5444272
>transphobic
Where?
>>
By saying that she has the prettiest eyes it is shaming other people because you're saying their eyes aren't as pretty.
>>
>>5444281
no one on tubmlr is trans or speaks for us transfgts

tell them to fuck off
us real transfgts want to live in peace and would take this as a complement, and want all special snowflakes who are waging a fake revolution on the internet vs actual problems dead
>>
>listening to tumblr
>$year
>>
>>5444294
I don't actually agree with anything and usually ignore this shit but this particular shit has gotten me all riled from confusion.
I cannot see any single underlying problem that could even be blown out of proportion. It's just a typical normal progress picture with the standard female support.
I just need help understanding why people are so desperate for outrage that they find fault with this.
>>
>>5444304
it's because psuedo-revolutionaries that are srsly just making it harder for all of us transfgts to be accepted by people who might be like "ya w/e cool" it it weren't for all the "MUH PRONOUNS IS XER/BLARGLEFARGLE/JERBAHERBA" assholes
>>
File: cat1.png (160 KB, 270x264) Image search: [Google]
cat1.png
160 KB, 270x264
>>5444288
>us real transfgts want to live in peace

Which is why you're getting trolled on 4chan at 4:30 AM the day after Christmas, amirite?
>>
>>5444338
uh duh, I'm a transfgt on the internet

what else am I gonna do with my life?

u made me crai wah
>>
File: image.jpg (788 KB, 540x2280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
788 KB, 540x2280
>>5444272
Apparently her photo set got spammed everywhere and people are commenting with lame dickish to actually transphobic/mean things. Seems to be pretty reasonable kid for a tumblrite.

>tfw nothing better to do with my time then research this bullshite on an unsubscribable nebulous congregation devoted to Indonesian tapestries
>>
>>5444363
Thanks, that's some top quality autism detective work right there.
You've cleared up nearly all of my confusion.
>>
>>5444363
Is that a Hellsing avatar? kek what an edgelord
>>
>>5444363
>hellsing avatar
>uses absurd
>probably not an absurdist
>has no right to use absurdist words

2 DUH GUILLOTINE
>>
>>5444368
You're welcome... Hopefully my brain will allow me sleep, now that well some clarity has been gained.
>>
>>5444272

Is it just the angle, or did her jawline get manlier in girlmode?
>>
>>5444363

>unsubscribable nebulous congregation devoted to Indonesian tapestries

What's this maymay about? I'm seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>5444473
Describing 4chan, an anonymous image board based on a Japanese board, in increasingly obtuse ways
>>
File: 1437164338790.png (304 KB, 722x768) Image search: [Google]
1437164338790.png
304 KB, 722x768
>>5444272
>>5444281

I'm a Radical Feminist Social Justice Wizard and I see no transphobia here.

Then again I'm a dude and not an expert on trans issues specifically.

>>5444281
>cunts
Rude.

>>5444288
>tell them to fuck off
Also rude.

>>5444304
I sympathize with your irritation. Some amount of rudeness is unavoidable sometimes but please refrain from outright insulting and stereotyping them all.
>>
>>5444363

She has a great sense of humor.

The edge lord almost had a point but in the end it seems his complaint came down to being annoyed that people are celebrating someone's happiness/healing. He would have had a point if what he criticized were the media's attention on Caitlyn Jenner (spelling?) or some such thing, instead of a random girl on social media and her friend circle...

(Still radfem here. Saying this so people get some insight into what a typical radfem supporter might think about such topics, thus lifting some misconceptions.)
>>
>>5444272
I'd fuck either of the two. Is she pre- or post-op?
I'm gay, btw.
>>
>>5444738
>but please refrain from outright insulting and stereotyping them all
How fitting is it that you're the same guy who likes to talk about how transsexuals are perverts out to oppress women
>>
>>5444753
>radfem here
uh i don't see how this is relevant to the topic of this conversation
>>
File: 1327165779425.jpg (40 KB, 941x765) Image search: [Google]
1327165779425.jpg
40 KB, 941x765
>>5444833
>talk about how transsexuals are perverts out to oppress women
Oh look, it's my favorite shitposter.

>>5444834
Shitposters like >>5444833 like to spread the myth that feminists are hostile against transpeople, or idiotically SJW, or both, or worse, or whatever. I like to clear it up to people by setting a good example.
I'm mostly a Dworkin-lineage radfem supporter, though I think I understand the "gender critical" perspective too. Have yet to read The Female Eunuch or other books by allegedly transphobic feminists though.
>>
>>5444847
it is a myth but still many people especially here conflate terfs with radfems despite the former being a sectarian ideology that has nothing to do with radfems
>>
>>5444272
Now that's just sad. When he was a guy he was top tier husbando material, now he's on his way to become a hormone-monstrosity with a fucked up dick.
>>
>>5444847
>call hero a bonanza for pedophiles and perverts
>not hostile
Eh, it's you who went on about people who have medically transitioned being anatomical men dead set on invading women's showers and creeping out on them. >>5440288 also went on about how antidiscirmination laws would lead to a wave of rapes and murder against your women. >>5434267

Your words speak for themselves.

Speaking about that, it's funny how you ignores everyone who took the time to explain or link on how antidiscirmination laws would not lead to the pervs killing all the women and kids.

Why did you not like?
>>5434374
>>5434390
>>5434405
>>5434348
>>5434378

They seemed to do a good job at explaining that antidiscirmination laws aren't some evil rapist plot.
>>
File: 1426703064250.gif (2 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1426703064250.gif
2 MB, 1200x675
>>5444891
Anon, you are literally arguing against an imaginary boogey feminist in your mind.

Watch this GIF and chill down.
>>
>>5444895
Then please, Mr. Boogeyman. Please tell us all why you say HERO was really a bill made to protect the rapists and pedophiles. Or why you say transsexuals are creepy men out to invade your women?

I'm simply curious about your "pro-lgbt" brand of radical?
>>
File: 1437241827274.png (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1437241827274.png
45 KB, 554x439
>>5444913
>>5444926
>why you say HERO was really a bill made to protect the rapists and pedophiles
I don't.
Nobody does.
Wow it's fucking nothing.
All in your head.
>>
File: SHiN.gif (133 KB, 208x198) Image search: [Google]
SHiN.gif
133 KB, 208x198
>>5444895
Haven't got to use this since we made that tripfag fuck off to MAL ages ago.
>>
>>5444933
>I don't.
>Nobody does.

But uh... . >>5440288 & >>5434267

You've got a funny sense of amnesia, is that how you can convince yourself you don't despise everyone lgbt?

I mean the fundies who like to talk about how they don't hate lgbt have a similarly impressive memory.
>>
File: 1437602010891.png (164 KB, 336x360) Image search: [Google]
1437602010891.png
164 KB, 336x360
>>5444956
Those posts don't say what you claim they do.

Can you quote the exact sentences that you think say the things you say?

Maybe I can walk through a reading comprehension lesson with you.
>>
>>5444281
chill and ignore them.
For the record, I'm a trans girl and if you tell me I'm pretty that would be a good thing.
>>
>>5445030
>which is designed to eliminate the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation? What could possibly go wrong? Nothing at all, if you are willing to ignore the ever present gauntlet of sexual violence by men against women and girls of all ages, ethnicities, orientations, and yes, even “identity”, across all cultures throughout recorded history.

> Two conflicting interests: anatomical males identifying as trans women, and original females. And whose interest is upheld by the fucking law? That of the anatomical male. That is certainly an outrage.

Also, relevant flaws people brought up in the facts/reasoning behind your fearmongering. Turns out you arrogantly dismissed them.
>>5434374
>>5434390
>>5434405
>>5434348
>>5434378
>>5437835
>>5437842

So then, please help my ignorant self understand how saying HERO was a law meant to give the rapists and pervs protection -despite no similar law ever having resulted in that- Or how going on about how people who have medically transitioned are anatomical men out to subjugate and perve on women, was really all an act of love on your part.

I mean the fundies say the same thing about love but I haven't been able to get them yet either.
>>
>>5444272
The only thing I can think of is if the before picture is being shared without the trans person's consent.
>>
>>5444833
Not him, but where did he actually say that? I know that's a common TERF/gendercrit meme, but it's pointless to blame him for something he didn't actually say. It's like walking up to some random white kid today and asking why he enslaved the Africans.
>>
>>5444272

Trans women are opressed.

Suggesting a trans woman is happier than a white male is transphobic.

And yes, feminists are that crazy
>>
>>5445114
>>which is designed to eliminate the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation? What could possibly go wrong? Nothing at all, if you are willing to ignore the ever present gauntlet of sexual violence by men against women and girls of all ages, ethnicities, orientations, and yes, even “identity”, across all cultures throughout recorded history.
Well, it's more like talking about how anti-discrimination laws are made just for the rapists and pedophiles out there to attack women.

I'm sure in his alternate universe that's the effect the AD laws in a dozen states somehow had.

>It's like walking up to some random white kid today
You're born white, you convert to extremist political ideologies.

It's like asking that soapbox preacher who likes to proselytize why he and others like him keep going on about how god hates fags.
>>
>>5445092

In those quotes, there is still nothing that says the law was designed to protect rapists and perverts.

Even less so that transwomen are rapists and perverts.

Anon, I'm really worrying about your mental health.
>>
>>5445124
>there is still nothing that says the law was designed to protect rapists and perverts.
Really?
>>>which is designed to eliminate the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation? What could possibly go wrong? Nothing at all, if you are willing to ignore the ever present gauntlet of sexual violence by men against women and girls of all ages, ethnicities, orientations, and yes, even “identity”, across all cultures throughout recorded history.

>which is designed to eliminate the rights of women against sexual harassment and predation? the ever present gauntlet of sexual violence by men against women and girls of all ages, ethnicities, orientations, and yes, even “identity”, across all cultures throughout recorded history.
Yea and you're plenty happy to call them perverted men out to subjugate women too
>> Two conflicting interests: anatomical males identifying as trans women, and original females. And whose interest is upheld by the fucking law? That of the anatomical male. That is certainly an outrage.
>>
>>5445122
>>>which is designed to eliminate the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation? What could possibly go wrong? Nothing at all, if you are willing to ignore the ever present gauntlet of sexual violence by men against women and girls of all ages, ethnicities, orientations, and yes, even “identity”, across all cultures throughout recorded history.
What are you quoting that from?

>You're born white, you convert to extremist political ideologies.
And what makes you think he's a TERF? I don't see why it's impossible to be a trans-inclusive radfem.
>>
>>5445137
>anatomical males identifying as trans women
no, thats our label. we identify as women.
>>
>>5445137
His quotes listed in the previous post.

He openly calls antidiscirmination laws a feast for perverts. I doubt that's what many people would call lgbt inclusive.
>>5445147
>identify
If you categorically oppose all medical alterations or you're just one of those creepy old men in a tutu, then sure.

It's all entirely about altering one's body, not identifying or disgusting crossdressing for everyone else.
>>
>>5445092
Also, your constant insistence on using boogeyman words like "fearmongering", "your political block", "your friends", and your obsession over emphasizing "rapists, murderers and pedophiles", etc. really reeks of a deep paranoia. It makes it very unpleasant to talk to you and if you're making any legitimate point it's likely to get drowned below the paranoid drivel.

Regarding all the posts you quoted, I don't know about their accuracy. The GenderTrender article claimed that the law is so broad that any man entering female-only spaces could say "but I'm trans" and get away with it. If that's true then I agree with their concern, if it isn't true then I don't. Pretty simple really. The divisiveness, black and white thinking, and, well, actual fearmongering atmosphere you create here in the discussions really only hurts.

>>5445137
The sentence
>designed to eliminate the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation
(which actually appears in the linked article)
does not equal the sentence
>designed to eliminate the rights of women against sexual harassment and predation
(which you just created by paraphrasing).

The phrasing "the rights of women and girls to areas in public life segregated from males [for our privacy and protection against sexual harassment and predation]" more or less tells the reader that the law is fucking up unintentionally, not that the law is designed with an intent to protect rapists and murderers. (By the way, you were the first one to bring up pedophiles, I think? Again, what the fuck. You're the one fearmongering.)

And then this is what the article writes, not me. I've said that I agree with the article, given its characterization of the law. (The characterization seems likely inaccurate...)

So again and again, I can only point out how deluded and paranoid you're behaving...
>>
Reached char limit. Continuing.

>>5445137
>Yea and you're plenty happy to call them perverted men out to subjugate women too
>> Two conflicting interests: anatomical males identifying as trans women, and original females. And whose interest is upheld by the fucking law? That of the anatomical male. That is certainly an outrage.
There is literally nothing in that sentence of mine that says or even implies that trans women are perverted men out to subjugate women. Nothing. It's in your mind. I don't even know how you manage to misinterpret a sentence so badly.

The sentence says, there are anatomical males identifying as trans women. (Maybe it should have said identifying as women. That's a triviality.) And it says there are "original" females, again for lack of a better term. I hope you do agree that these are two classes of people. That there is something fundamentally different between trans women and usual women. (I don't mean this in a belittling way and sorry if it's "triggering", but it's a fact. Trans women are a type of women for all I care, but if so then they are a very particular type of woman.) And these two groups of people have, obviously, in this case, conflicting interests. Born females feel uncomfortable around some trans women who are too anatomically male. Trans women feel uncomfortable around men. Conflicting interests, as you see.

What in all of that made you think "trans women are subjugating women"? Just what?
>>
>>5445179
dayum who's that foxy lady
>>
>>5445179
>If you categorically oppose all medical alterations or you're just one of those creepy old men in a tutu, then sure.
i see that you are directing this at transtrenders and no i am none of those. but you're still wrong. medical alterations base on identifying as the opposite gender, not identifying as trans.
>>
>>5445180
>The GenderTrender article claimed that the law is so broad that any man entering female-only spaces could say "but I'm trans" and get away with it.
http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/03/20/15-experts-debunk-right-wing-transgender-bathro/198533
http://mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.PGET63WvG
http://www.attn.com/stories/4080/transgender-bathroom-panic
It's absolute bulshit though.

There has never been a case of a law like that resulting in such a thing but you were happy to portray HERO as a rapist trojan horse nonetheless.
>>
>>5445191
Please tell me how having undergone medical intervention and alteration equates to being an "anatomic man".

I mean, there are people who reject meds and old creeps like the guy from >>5445179 and you can run them out for all I care, but you're just insisting that transexuals are anatomic men out to invade women.

You're fundamentally ignoring the whole point of transition.
>>
>>5445191
>And whose interest is upheld by the fucking law? That of the anatomical male. That is certainly an outrage.
>>
>>5445199
>right-wing
>right-wing
>right-wing
The GenderTrender article was talking about men and men pretending to be trans if I'm not mistaken, not the ludicrous right-wing claim of actual trans women being rapists.

I'm still not saying I believe them, but don't pretend that they said something else than what they said.

>>5445218
I didn't mean to imply that all trans women are anatomical males. Many are.

>>5445235
Yes, and?

I mean I'm not so sure now whether that characterization is right. Did they actually ask women? Women other than those reading GenderTrender and other than those eating up right-wing propaganda. Women in the general population, did they ask them? I don't know.
>>
>>5444430
Angle + different smile
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.