[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I say when people ask what music I listen to? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
What do I say when people ask what music I listen to? I'm still closeted so I can't actually tell them what I listen to because it's too gay
>>
It's never too gay unless it's Madonna.
>>
>>5444099
Or Cher
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 750x1005) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 750x1005
>>5444099
I was afraid someone would say that
>>
>>5444113

I'm afraid you have a terminal case of the Queens.
>>
You tell them what you listen to. Nobody cares anymore that youre gay
>>
>>5444113
And I thought my music taste was faggy. Holy crap.
>>
>>5444113

you gotta be severely mentally corrupted to listen to that shit as a male god fucking damn
>>
>>5444113
Meh, not as bad as the girly J-pop anime song trash I listen to, but I wouldn't blame you for not saying either.
>>
Just say you listen to pop music in general
>>
File: 1415723865081.gif (337 KB, 470x654) Image search: [Google]
1415723865081.gif
337 KB, 470x654
I sometimes jokingly mention that I listen to J-pop or cute anime music and everybody laughs it off.

Don't be so tense.

Then again, nobody knows that I've been ridiculously suicidal for years, had a suicide attempt by trying to cut my own throat few years back, and often listen to hyper-cute anime music like YuruYuri, K-On, and Nichijou OPs/EDs/charasongs for the means of forcing my brain to charge up on pure positive feelings.

Dworkin and other radical feminists have talked about how masculinity glorifying cultures have a deep hatred for life itself. The masculine identity is deeply tied to a loathing of everything lively and positive. It is an identity of negativity, of love of death, love of war, love of suffering, love of loss. Nobody knows that deep below my silly jokes about cute girly anime music there is a powerful philosophy of committing myself to positivity, to love of life, love of peace, love of joy, love of flourishment.

*tips nekomimi*
>>
>>5444113
this is actually giving a bad name to gays
>>
>>5444621
>Listens to batshit insane armchair theorists about society.

>Doesn't actually study masculinity.

Kid read the Annals by Marcus Aurelius. Feminists wouldn't know masculinity if it repeatedly hit them with the force of twelve charging rhino stampedes at a focal point on their cervix.
>>
>>5444621
>YuruYuri, K-On, Nichijou.
I'm pretty sure the only reason I didn't completely give up last year is because of YuruYuri; not that my life has progressed at all this year.
>>
>>5444621
Do you like denpa?
>>
Girl. With this music taste this gay, are you sure that closet isn't made of glass? If you don't/can't get in to any less faggy music I'd suggest you just say that you dont really have a favorite type; you just listen to what ever comes on.
>>
>>5444621
Wgat state do you live in?
Will you go out with me? I don't care if you're a boy or a girl.
>>
>>5444113
Good lord, throw some fucking Jeff Buckley or Beach Boys in for Christ's sake.
>>
>>5449269
>Feminists wouldn't know masculinity
They know it better than anyone else could ever know: they feel it on their very bleeding flesh and broken bones.
The "masculinist" who boasts pride and glory and looks down on those "hitting women" is akin to a prideful and glorious white supremacist who looks down on those plebeians who savagely lynch black people on the streets. His sexism/racism only goes deeper, so deep that it turns benevolent. Does he do much to stop the violence committed by those "below" him? Not much.
>>
>>5449287
I didn't know the term but hearing samples on Wikipedia, it sounds similar to some anime/charasongs I like. Do the YuruYuri opening themes count as denpa for instance?

>>5449309
Aww, I'm sorry anon, I live in Germany.
>>
>>5444092
Coming from someone who thought Carly Rae Jepsen's new album was decent, try more / lesser known or older synthpop, new wave, (maybe even chillwave/retrowave) etc.

All of those genres have a lot of the same elements you probably like, but won't be nearly as obvious (itll still be obvious but not as as bad as liking strictly teenage girl pop). And it'll open you up to other genres as well.
>>
>>5444092
Black Flag, Metallica, Minor Threat, Five Finger Death Punch, other mainstream/well known metal or punk if you're believably straight

If you act faggy/effeminate then no one will believe you and in that case say alt rock/wimpy emo shit like Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Sorority Noise, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, etc.
>>
>>5444621
2deep4me
how about trying to act like a normal person who lives their life instead of having to define everything. Be who you are instead of listening to psudeo intellectual bullshit that sounds nice but is dumb as shit when applied outside the internet.

Stop being a victim to your own self lothing.
>>
>>5449704

It's not self loathing. It's loathing others, and that despite that I can't really properly hate people most of the time because I'm just really peaceful and pacifistic on the inside.

I know it's somewhat arrogant to make such a claim but I think the problem is that I'm a very very sensitive person and so I end up having better intuitive awareness of the meanings of people's actions and attitudes. More so than themselves, probably.

I need to be less introverted though. There's many other lovely people out there and I don't ever get to meet them because I'm a shut-in.
>>
File: 201.jpg (120 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
120 KB, 1920x800
Just listen to what you like, be happy, don't make excuses
>>
>>5449736
Did he sell his car and that cool jacket?
>>
>>5449776
Yes, now he woos diner waitresses in small town America
>>
File: bjork6874656.gif (3 MB, 301x199) Image search: [Google]
bjork6874656.gif
3 MB, 301x199
>>5444113
>>
File: phil.gif (3 MB, 460x316) Image search: [Google]
phil.gif
3 MB, 460x316
Just tell them that you listen to Phil Collins.

It's the perfect way to ease them into it.
>>
>>5444113
you should be embarrassed anon, get some taste
>>
>>5449398
Some of the charasongs do like Watashi, shuyaku no Akaza Akari.
>>
>>5450653
Oh yes, I love Akari's charasong.
>>
File: 1445034344660.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445034344660.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>5449395
Being so pathetic you can't defend yourself from bad people is a feminine trait as it is also the submissive form.

Being able to stand up and defend yourself from bad people is a masculine trait. It is the art of the stoic. The dominant form.

The reason you are wrong is because you chose the bias of Dworkins over the actual unbiased source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6OtqGzlNA
>>
File: 1421836476192.gif (260 KB, 266x207) Image search: [Google]
1421836476192.gif
260 KB, 266x207
>>5451262
Whatever you say, frogposter.
>>
>>5451351
Feminine trait. Passive Aggression, lack of arguments.
>>
Just listen to good faggot music like Bjork or The Smiths
>>
>>5444113
I don't blame you. Madonna's "Borderline" goes hard
>>
File: Gaydar.jpg (56 KB, 346x288) Image search: [Google]
Gaydar.jpg
56 KB, 346x288
>>5444113
>>
File: vomit-chan.jpg (584 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
vomit-chan.jpg
584 KB, 740x740
>>5444621

>Dworkin and other radical feminists have talked about [blah blah crazy fucking bullshit].

Holy fuck no wonder you're suicidal.
>>
>>5449794
And Judas Priest.
>>
>>5451351

When will you stop shitposting all over our board, radfem anon?
>>
File: 1432260472297.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432260472297.jpg
599 KB, 1920x1200
>>5449733
sure thing bro
Whatever gets you through the day.
But have you considered powering yourself with hatred, rage and adrenaline?
Probably not, you don't sound masculine enough.

The funny thing about those feminist theories is that women don't run this world, men do.
That makes masculinity right, because in reality, might doesn't make right, right doesn't exist.
There is only might.
And masculinity does it better.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 225x225
I listen to Aerosmith, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Danzig, and occasionally I venture into The Doors.

Is my playlist gay?
>>
>>5453414
The Rolling Stones are shit imo and Danzig is an annoying little faggot as a person but that's all pretty cool, also They Live is a great movie. Very nice, anon.
>>
>>5453773
Thanks anon. What is your preferred playlist?
>>
>>5444092 Pick one https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/62889-the-best-progressive-trance-out-there/ or http://www.discogs.com/lists/Melodic-and-emotive-IDMGlitch/24667

pretty gay but they would never know ;) Based on only liking pop music you might actually like some of this shi aswell
>>
>>5444092
why dont you just listen to normal music then you fuckin fairy
>>
>>5453779

Hmm, probably Black Flag, Minor Threat, Cattle Decapitation, Killswitch Engage, Rise of the Northstar, Peter Gabriel, Bad Religion, Cro-Mags, NWA, Yelawolf, etc., I'm mainly into hardcore and hip hop at the moment but I'm down with just about anything that isn't ambient, indie or harsh noise.
>>
>>5454009
Thats pretty cool. You know much more about music than I do lol. But I am also into willie nelson the highwaymen and that stuff but overall Im not a country fan. I dont like death metal though. It sounds like bad parenting: the noise in my opinion
>>
>>5449395
Do yourself a massive favour and avoid popular feminism at all costs. In fact, just avoid feminism in general. It's toxic. Become a good person without conforming to a movement. Research things on your own and make your own informed decisions. Read things from multiple and opposing viewpoints. Think about situations as if you had no bias, or as if you had someone else's bias.
Movements fuck things up because they become rigid. It becomes "us vs them" and leaves no room for logical thinking. Masculinity and femininity mean nothing to me. I just live my life doing things I feel I want to do and encouraging others to do the same. When you break it down, analyse, and attack aspects of that, people just become defensive
>>
>>5454059
I second this, they use you for their own interests.
>>
>>5444092
People will only ever make jokes about you're music taste, they won't take it as confirmation of you being gay, so listen to what Peter you want unashamedly. If you act like there is some meaning behind it, then they'll figure it out, but if you're just like "nah man, this is just the shit I like" then they won't really care too much.
>>
>>5449736
i mean he's also in the closet so is he really arguing about being himself here
>>
File: Yes!.png (285 KB, 496x337) Image search: [Google]
Yes!.png
285 KB, 496x337
>>5454059

Thirded. Never allow yourself to be a tool for someone else's political interests.
>>
>>5454030
I feel that, death metal isn't for everyone, I myself hate a lot of it since so much of it sounds like a bunch of abrasive loud noises put together, Cattle Decapitation is a lot more melodic I guess, also Willie Nelson is cool, I'm more of a Johnny Cash guy myself when it comes to old school country, also check this out, you probably won't like it but Cattle Decapitation are very talented dudes and their music is about a lot more than just being pissed off or wanting to dismember people, mainly their stuff is about the mistreatment of the environment and animals and generally how shit people are as a species lol:
http://youtu.be/szOlMfoN-jU
>>
>>5454130
I give everything a chance anon. I'll check it out. And yeah Johnny Cash is pretty cool too.
>>
>>5454130
It was actually pretty good anon, you have redeemed metal for me. So in your opinion what is the best band?
>>
>>5454164
>>5454164
Depends on what you're looking for since there's so many subgenres. If you're into death metal like Cattle Decap then bands like Aborted, Napalm Death and Skinless are pretty good. If you like metalcore try Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God and Parkway Drive. If you're into older more classic/basic stuff try Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Black Sabbath. If you're into more easy going alternative/accessible stuff then Deftones, Snot, Rage Against the Machine, Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down, Rammstein, Slipknot, Tool, etc., if you like power metal try Sabaton, if you like thrash then Kreator, Testament, old Metallica, if you like sludge/stoner then Eyehategod or Electric Wizard, it's hard to give you just one band as metal is a pretty wide spectrum of different sounding shit. If you're asking for my favorite metal band then it's either Cattle Decapitation, Gwar or Killswitch Engage or Rise of the Northstar (they're more so hardcore but whatever).
>>
>>5454211
Huh ok I'll check those bands out. Goodnight anon and thanks for the info :)
>>
I listen to Coldplay, Lana del Rey, Paramore, The Script, The Fray and TSwift. Tell me senpai, how gay am I?
>>
>>5444621
Have you considered transitioning?
>>
>>5444113
very gay, very cute
>>
>>5450744
There's a general on /jp/ for denpa song as well as a website with a bunch of downloads and stuff.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.