[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Considers herself a straight transwoman >Married to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
File: lolstr8z.png (31 KB, 720x141) Image search: [Google]
lolstr8z.png
31 KB, 720x141
>Considers herself a straight transwoman
>Married to a man that she considers straight
>Still makes fun of straight people

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>5443131
He doesn't recognize himself as a girl, that's what
>>
>>5443131
We don't like that guy over here. Hoping he'd fall of the map in fact.

You're barking up the wrong tree.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (15 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
15 KB, 600x600
>>5443131
>What did he mean by this?
>he
>>
sometimes you just gotta call out all the dirty straights, those disgusting fuckers
>>
>>5443131

I'm not sure whether Wu or Jenner is more damaging to the Trans community. I suppose they've sort of infected different spheres of it.
>>
>>5443210
What's so bad about Wu?
>>
>>5443225

Wu is like the crazy cat lady of the trans community. And not the funny kind of crazy cat lady, the "holy fuck this bitch has some serious issues" kind of crazy cat lady.
>>
>>5443240
>holy fuck this bitch has some serious issues
So she is basically your average tranny that just has a platform in which people pay a mild amount of attention to her?
>>
>>5443240
Can you give some specific examples of what you're talking about?
>>
>>5443268
Whenever i've seen her talk she doesn't inspire a reaction that makes you want to agree with her cause and line of thought, she comes agree and arrogant, angry and as if she thinks you a bigot to not eagerly accept everything she says at face value.

>tldr: She makes important and delicate issues seem like some irrational lefty cult
>>
>>5443168
>implying that's not a dude.
/lgbt/ pls
>>
>>5443277

There's also the fact that Wu has a really bad habit of trying to speak on women's issues like she's some kind of unimpeachable authority figure. MtF or not, there are just some things you cannot know unless you were born biologically as a given sex. People should only try to speak with authority from their own experiences, and Wu has never actually experienced what it is like to be biologically female.
>>
>>5443332
That's a really good point too.
To be honestly though i was mainly talking about how just rude and petulant she seems, it's meme-tier
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkoGep47X_Y
>>
File: 1450909825215.jpg (16 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
1450909825215.jpg
16 KB, 278x200
>>5443332
Was with you until the end.

Does that mean we've got to ban girls born with congenital abnormalities such as uterine agenissis from speaking too?

I mean, Brian makes me cringe, but if you're demanding we ban people who might be say sterile from speaking, then you just topped him in craziness.

I dunno, what ever happened to free speech?
>>
>>5443315
Doesn't look like a dude to me.

>>5443332
Why would being born biologically female mean you can speak for other women? I mean if it's something about female biology that kind of makes sense, but not all female issues are based on biology.
>>
>>5443353
Because that clasmate I had who had a defective womb and never could have kids or periods is totally out of line ever talking about girl stuff or medicine pertaining to women.

The state must make sure that only the worthy can speak.
>>
>>5443352

I never said anything about "banning" said speech. People can say whatever they want, but don't present yourself as an authority on a subject unless you actually are one.

>>5443353

>Why would being born biologically female mean you can speak for other women?

It wouldn't, and if it seemed like that's what I was implying I apologize for the way I phrased it. A person can only really speak from authority on their own learned experiences. A MtF shouldn't speak in an authoritative manner as a female even if they present themselves as a woman, because they have never been a female. They could speak as an authority, not for all MtFs, but as to their own personal experience with dysphoria and the transitioning process.
>>
>>5443352
>>5443353
>>5443369

Not that anon, but I think they mean more that, say, unless you grew up as a female, it's hard to understand the experience of growing up female. If someone transitioned in their 30s, or even their 20s, they probably don't have a very good idea of what it's like for girls during childhood, adolescence, school years, etc.
>>
>>5443397

That is basically what I'm trying to say, thank you. I'm probably not expressing myself very well, I'm a bit tipsy.
>>
>>5443389
>It wouldn't, and if it seemed like that's what I was implying I apologize for the way I phrased it. A person can only really speak from authority on their own learned experiences. A MtF shouldn't speak in an authoritative manner as a female even if they present themselves as a woman, because they have never been a female. They could speak as an authority, not for all MtFs, but as to their own personal experience with dysphoria and the transitioning process.
They could certainly speak as an authority on living as female, even if they weren't born as such. Much of the female experience particularly regarding how people treat you isn't about biology, it's about which gender you're percieved as.
>>
>>5443407

That would also be dependent on whether they actually pass as female though, wouldn't it?
>>
>>5443416
Yeah obviously, that's what would matter in that context.
>>
File: Wu Privilege.png (453 KB, 806x1087) Image search: [Google]
Wu Privilege.png
453 KB, 806x1087
This is pretty much all you need to know about Wu.
>>
>>5443389
>, because they have never been a female
So then that classmate I had who was born with reproductive deformities shouldn't be allowed to talk either?

Can't let people speak without your approval first, gotcha.
>>
>>5443473

They're still biologically female.

And holy fuck m8, they can talk about whatever they want, I don't know where you are getting this impression that I'm trying to stifle free speech or staple people's mouths shut or some shit. But if, for example, they try to present themselves as an authority on what it feels like to give birth when they either have never done so or are physically incapable of doing so, then don't be surprised if people start asking how they could possibly be an authority on the subject (of course, most people would understandably just let that question go awkwardly unasked out of respect for the person in question).
>>
>>5443473

She grew up female. A male who transitioned young and was not outted during school will also grow up female.

Someone who transitions at 20 did not grow up female, so they do not have any experience in that area. If they pass and do not reveal themselves to the people around them, however, then they can experience adulthood as a female.

Transexuals cannot speak with authority on the experiences of men (if FtM) and women (if MtF) if their transexuality was public knowledge for the experience in question, because they will have instead had the experience of a transexual. The only exception would be if they've done extensive research on the subject, like any other sociological professional.
>>
>>5443497
>They're still biologically female.
How? If they're phisically incapable of periods or ever having children, then how is she female according to your criteria?

I'm just saying, if you want to staple people's mouths shut and use periods as the criteria then be consistent.

That said, brian is cringe worthy, but please, be consistent in your reasons for stapling shut.
>>
>>5443542

>I'm just saying, if you want to staple people's mouths shut

But I don't. How many time do I need to state that that is not my intention before it takes?
>>
>>5443542

I think you're being intentionally-obtuse regarding the criteria that anon is using to determine what constitutes a female.

ie, it's pretty clear they mean women who were born women when they say female.
>>
>>5443551
I'm just wondering why you're so inconsistent with your criteria.
>>
>>5443553
That's vague. Does that mean we consider the deformed who can't have periods or kids to be men in your category then?

I mean, seeing as how they described experiences like periods as critical, they'd need to do so for consistency.

Not being obtuse, I just think your way of deciding who should gtfo is horribly arbitrary. You're a lot like Brian in that way.
>>
File: 1384116772053.gif (248 KB, 373x434) Image search: [Google]
1384116772053.gif
248 KB, 373x434
>>5443553

Thank you for consistently phrasing my arguments/intentions better than I ever could. I'm going to go to sleep, clearly drunk-posting this late at night isn't a good idea.
>>
>>5443558

lmao hon please.

>sorry about your dick
>lolololo
>>
>>5443569

One last reply.

I never even mentioned periods, let alone them being "critical". I also never said that they should "get the fuck out". It feels like you're just projecting intentions on me that I do not have in the slightest.

Anyway, g'night.
>>
File: Datsatantho.png (100 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
Datsatantho.png
100 KB, 540x404
>>5443578
>MFW jokes on you cause I'm just a fag
But really though, I appreciate you being so candid about your ideology being arbitrary.

Thank god we don't have to trust you for anything.
>>
>>5443210
I've never heard anyone mention this Wu person before but most people know of Jenner so its probably Jenner.
>>
>>5443511
And just as a second question, since you've established experience as key:

Effeminate gay kids in the States and Europe are far more prone to being victims of sexual assault and homelessness than girls.

Does that mean you guys are in the wrong for talking about homelesness and rape when that's really a problem gays, especially effeminate boys suffer from?

I mean, you're trying to profit over something you've never suffered from, kinda a dick move.
>>
>>5443606

I think you're confusing "talking about a thing" and "attempting to present yourself as an authority on a thing".
>>
>>5443569

Having a period is critical to understanding the experience of having a period. A woman born with a condition such that she is unable to have periods has as much authority to speak about the female experience of periods as a MtF. Neither has had periods, therefore neither has any experience with which to speak about them.

A MtF who did not transition until 20 has as much authority to speak about the female experience as a woman who disguised herself as a man until she turned 20. This is because most of what is being referred to as 'the female experience' involves being perceived by others, and therefore socially accepted and reacted to, as a female. Some portion is also biological - ie, female puberty, periods, hormones and pregnancy.
>>
>>5443611
You present yourself as an authority on it and try to profit. That's pretty sick.

Why don't you let all the effeminate boys and lgbt people actually get protection from violence and homelessness for once?

You're taking yourself and your friends when the vast majority of you have never had a problem and taking away aid from vulnerable children and minorities

Ban the mtfs out of talking about women's issues if you're that crazy about it, but then don't malinger and take away aid and advocacy from vulnerable children.
>>
>>5443631

What the fuck are you even going on about now? Are you off your meds?
>>
>>5443631
>from violence and homelessness for once.
60% of all homeless are adult males.
The rest of the statistic is a mixture of the adult males families, with only the smallest percentage being underage on their own.
Effeminate boys and lgbt are also such a small portion of the population, focusing any effort to protect them would be moronic.
Why waste manpower on 1.8% of the population (realistically only 10% of that number fits into your abused and homeless situation) it's basic sociological math.
I have x amount of manpower, how should it be prioritized?
So when you end up making more than 30% of the world gay or trans maybe it would be taken seriously.
As of now, shoo shoo back into your safe space.
>>
>>5443606
>>5443611

I believe anon is right, you're conflating the ideas of speaking about a subject and presenting yourself as an authority on the matter. Anyone can talk about anything, after all, and it is our responsibility to decide how we receive their commentary. But to act as an authority on the matter carries the implication that you have the knowledge necessary to do so, either by research or experience. Which isn't to say that everyone to have researched a subject or undergone an experience deserves to be an authority on the matter - meeting the prerequisites doesn't mean you pass. Additionally, depending on the context of the discussion, you may not have stringent requirements at all: if you've been raped, then you certainly meet the criteria to speak with authority on your experience as a rape victim, but you don't necessarily have the knowledge to speak with authority on, say, the psychology of rapists, the causes of rape or rape statistics, because those require research rather than experience.
>>
>>5443649
Would you be opposed to laws that punish parents for kicking out their LGBT children?
>>
>>5443667

Why limit it to LGBT children?
>>
>>5443674
Because that's the specific area that's being discussed here - but applying it to everyone would work to.
>>
>>5443667

I'd be for laws that require a permit for each birth you intend to go through (birth rather than child to account for twins and such).
>>
>>5443641
I'm saying your demographic during childhood and adulthood is far less prone to sexual assault, injury and homelessness.

You're framing those issues as being your problem when they aren't.
>>5443649
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/americas-shame-40-of-homeless-youth-are-lgbt-kids/
Nearly half of the homeless are lgbt, most of those born male.

It's not an exaggeration to say they makeup the plurality of underage homless and victims.

And despite that, you insist they aren't a problem and don't deserve aid. How is it just for you to take it from the largest and most in need statistical groups for your personal end when it's a problem you've never suffered from?
>>
>>5443667
>>5443681
I'm pretty sure that child negligence and abandonment are already against the law.
>>
>>5443684

>You're framing those issues as being your problem when they aren't.

Where did I do this?
>>
>>5443649
>Chemo charity is better spent on my manicures
yea
>back into your safe space.
It's a lgbt site tho
>>
>>5443695
Kinda in >>5443649

Never mind that effeminate boys and lgbt makeup the plurality of homelessness and violence victims.

The same things women rally help for but not the fag kids cause it's less popular to toss money and time at them.
>>
>>5443707

...That wasn't my post. You do realize you're talking to multiple people in this thread, right?
>>
>>5443711
It's hard keeping track of it. But if you look at things, they cut both ways.

It's a lot more trendy and uncontroversial to toss aid to women and help with violence, but if you look at the raw numbers, it's far more common with other groups like lgbt.

You're presenting yourselves as the only ones who really suffer from it, so wouldn't it be nice if you spent some of that in helping lgbt youth, when in sheer numbers alone there's more homless and victims among them than there are in straight girls?
>>
>>5443734

I don't know why you keep referring to me as if I'm presenting myself as anything. I'm not even a woman.
>>
>>5443746
Well you were talking about what's just and right for women activism...
>>
>>5443756

What? My first post in this thread was: >>5443611
>>
>>5443756
At any rate, the part about them turning violence and homlesness in girls into a cause celebre and therefore preventing money or awareness from ever going to the more numerous lgbt homeless is something I stand by.

They're wrong to have taken that issue for themselves and themselves alone.
>>
>>5443761
k, night then
>>
>>5443684

I'm the anon you've quoted a few times, the one trying to clarify the statements made by yet another anon.

I'm not a feminist. I never have been, save for a brief period in high school where my hardass male history teacher described himself as a feminist, with his definition of feminism being "the radical idea that women are people, too." I liked that definition, because the use of 'too' implies a similar status of personhood for men, and was therefore based in equivalency. Equivalency is the word I prefer, because equality is not always appropriate - everyone is different, and sometimes we need different things, but we're all due the same consideration and effort. A GED is just as good as a high school diploma, but it's not the same thing.

That said, I believe everyone deserves a safety net. In an ideal situation, everyone should be afforded at least a bare minimum of subsistence - enough food and water to stay healthy, medical and psychiatric coverage to cover non-voluntary problems (ie. smoking, excessively-reckless behavior), basic clothing, lavatory facilities and a safe place to sleep. Nobody should have to worry about the barest of essentials, though at the same time, I feel that anything more should require effort. To reiterate, work shouldn't be a requirement to life, but it should be a requirement to comfort and material pleasure.

So, then. Homeless LGBT kids deserve aid. That said, you're misreading your own statistics. Nearly half of homeless YOUTH are LGBT according to that article, not half of all homeless. There are many, many more homeless adults. Arguably, we should be working to help as many people at once as we can, and that might mean we don't target LGBT youth specifically when combatting the homeless problem.
>>
>>5443794
>So, then. Homeless LGBT kids deserve aid. That said, you're misreading your own statistics. Nearly half of homeless YOUTH are LGBT according to that article, not half of all homeless. There are many, many more homeless adults. Arguably, we should be working to help as many people at once as we can, and that might mean we don't target LGBT youth specifically when combatting the homeless problem.
I think the idea here is that youth are more deserving of help because they're generally less able to support themselves.
>>
>>5443817

To be honest, it seems exceedingly difficult to stop being homeless once you reach that point, regardless of who you are. It's a bit like being an ex-con: who's going to hire you? Kids, at least, seem a bit more likely to escape, because a story of "I've been homeless for years" is a lot more socially-acceptable when you're 18 than when you're 40.

That said, I can certainly see youth being more susceptible to predation and exploitation while on the streets.
>>
>>5443131
OP, objectively speaking, he is a terrible human being who deserves to get rapped to death :^)

>>5443340
OMFG that fucking video...
>>
>>5443849
How exactly does one get rapped to death?
>>
>>5443860

Tupac.
>>
>>5443860
Sure. So you just need to realize that your privilege means you cannot understand. So shut up and think the way we say you should you soggy knee rapist.
>>
>>5443875

My knees are only soggy from sucking dick in the shower.
>>
>>5443225

Nothing. She's a woman who speaks her mind and is not very beautiful by western standards so it's perfect bullying material for misogynists.
>>
>>5443440
So growing up poor erases white male privilege now?

I mean it's not an Olympics like you're trying to make it out. Different people have different kinds of privileges that make them blind to different types of issues.
>>
Does anyone actually have evidence of Wu being trans?

>>5443606
>Effeminate gay kids in the States and Europe are far more prone to being victims of sexual assault and homelessness than girls.
[citation needed]
>>
Just ignore them until they kill themselves
>>
>>5443641
>>5443794

You're possibly arguing with the infamous deluded idiot of /lgbt/.

He/she likes to believe that feminists are secretly ultraconservatives who spread the idea that transwomen are rapist pedophiles, and want to take away all LGBT rights.

Some kind of weird /pol/lgbt/ hybrid.

And this person is here every day. Likely one of the main reasons the board is so insane and hostile sometimes.
>>
>>5443734
>if you look at the raw numbers, it's far more common with other groups like lgbt
[citation needed]

Given the number of women and the number of LGBT people in society, I'm inclined to believe that women are much larger targets of violence.

Not like this is oppression Olympics anyway. Judging an activist group by saying something like "we're oppressed too why aren't you helping us!" is just incredibly dumb. It assumes bad faith and reeks of entitlement.
>>
>>5443268
She's the kind of person that will make a shit videogame, then call it shit on steam... Whilst still being on her own account and calling those people out for "muhsoggyknees"
>>
>>5445452
That's not a specific example.

That's exactly your typical whining about her opinions that people call misogyny.
>>
>>5445458

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that poster is referring to a specific example where she posted a thread on the steam community forum for her game calling it shit--but forgot she was still on her own account when she did it.

I mean, if she already has so many people out to get her, why would she need to pretend to be one of them in order to drum up sympathy?
>>
>>5445392
money is the only privilege that actually matters so yes.
>>
>>5445392

Err yeah, a poor white person has more in common with a poor black person than a rich white person.
>>
>>5445467
Links or it didn't happen.

>>5445472
>money is the only privilege that actually matters
Anon please.

>>5445475
Would you deny that female celebrities suffer from beauty norms and misogyny and all that shit?
I sure as hell wouldn't. You could almost say they suffer from it more due to the publicity; they constantly have to walk on eggshells.
(Not to compare that to outright brutal things like battery and spousal rape and shit which a celebrity is less likely to suffer from than an average or poor woman...)
>>
>>5445397
>>5445437
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwilliamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu%2Fpress%2Famericas-shame-40-of-homeless-youth-are-lgbt-kids%2F
>>
>>5445493

>Female celebrities

They cry rape when their nudes are leaked but don't seem to bind the misogyny of having their faces on billboards and ad campaigns and magazine covers all year round invading EVERYONE elses private space
>>
>>5445397
>>5445437
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/americas-shame-40-of-homeless-youth-are-lgbt-kids/
>>
>>5443340

I hurt for xir hunched-up question-mark spine

probably xis posture has to be bad though because of some other person's privilege, so I really have no grounds to even comment

unrelated: that ramp is fascinating
>>
>>5445493
>female celebrities suffer
hahaha.
they choose to suffer hardships, because they get a ton of benefits from doing so.
if she feels its not worth it, she can quit at any time.

poor people dont get to choose, nor do they get any benefits, and they cant simply quit being poor when they want.
>>
>>5445493

No they don't have to walk on eggshells, if they're rich. They can retire anytime, and live comfortably in obscurity.
>>
File: Selection_999023.png (146 KB, 694x905) Image search: [Google]
Selection_999023.png
146 KB, 694x905
>>5445493

You're right, sorry, I was confusing it with the time she decided to try baiting people on her steam community forum.
>>
>>5445501
>>5445509
Where's the part about violence?

>>5445504
I don't understand how this relates to anything I said.
I don't support the thing you mention. I agree celebs should Just Say No to that shit.

>>5445524
>they choose to suffer hardships, because they get a ton of benefits from doing so
And men can get the same benefits while suffering half of those hardships. And that is exactly the point. Female persons of all wakes of life face issues which no man ever has to face.

>>5445555
>claim about a feminist doing something bad doesn't hold up to scrutiny
Wow. Color me surprised.

That screencap looks like sarcasm more than anything to me. Not very surprising that the average GGer doesn't have the brain cells to compute that.

And an actual link would still be preferable.
http://feministfrequency.com/2015/12/10/harassment-through-impersonation-the-creation-of-a-cyber-mob/
>>
File: Pfffthahaha.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Pfffthahaha.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>5445633

>feministfrequency
>>
>>5445633
>And men can get the same benefits while suffering half of those hardships
>Female persons of all wakes of life face issues which no man ever has to face.
[citation needed]
>>
>nitpicking: the fucking thread
You fags will argue over anything.
>>
>>5445645
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny
>>
>>5445666
>while suffering half of those hardships
that accounts for .01% of hardships female celebrities "suffer" compared to males.
wheres the other 49.99% you are talking about.
>>
File: Thanks Satan.gif (846 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Satan.gif
846 KB, 500x211
>>5445666

You're like a living parody of what /pol/ portrays as a feminist, it's unreal.
>>
>>5445679

/pol/ is a living fucking parody of itself and all anti-feminists everywhere, what is your point?
>>
>>5445812

My point is that apparently a broken clock is right twice a day.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.