[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know if I'm actually trans or if I just have some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
How do I know if I'm actually trans or if I just have some repressed sexual trauma?
>>
What sexual traumas do you think you could be repressing?
>>
>>5442626

If male:

Would you rather be a qt trap or an ugly horsefaced woman?

If female:

Would you rather be a hot tomboy or a fat neckbeard?
>>
>>5442626
Pigeon entrails readings are very accurate. But, in the wake of Hatoful Boyfriend, few people have the stomach for such divinations.

A good backup is speaking to a therapist.
>>
>>5442642
I have no idea. That's why I say "repressed". I have no memory of ever being abused, I have no history of bad experiences with sex. I just dread and fear it for no reason.

>>5442647
Neckbeard. I could at least lose weight and do something about it.

>>5442654
I don't want to go to a therapist just to be petted on the head and reassured that there's nothing wrong with me. That'd waste both of our time.
>>
>>5442677
>I have no idea. That's why I say "repressed". I have no memory of ever being abused, I have no history of bad experiences with sex. I just dread and fear it for no reason.
Well

Why do you think you're trans?

Cause it sounds like you might be trans then
>>
>>5442677

Then you are trans. If you choose to be pretty, you don't care enough about your sex to have dysphoria.

Personally, I'm a guy, but I'd always choose the attractive option even if it was the opposite sex.
>>
>>5442724
Because the vague, overpowering urge to be someone else, anybody else, literally anything else, the urge I've had since childhood and which no amount of playing role games could satisfy, it's gone away ever since I started thinking of myself as male, as trans.

I could, of course, just be batshit insane.
>>
>>5442626
Kek people overthink this shit. You don't have any repressed trauma, you just want to be the opposite sex. Buy some pills online and join the fucking club.
>>
>>5442770
That's illegal in my country. I have to convince the government.
>>
>>5442793
It's your body, you have a right to modify it however you please. The only reason to convince them is so that they can cover for your medical treatments.
>>
>>5442821
You don't understand.

Health care is free, and it covers transitioning, but you HAVE TO have a diagnosis.

With illegal pills, I'll just be a dude with tits, and no way to get matching ID's. I'd have to ask mom to impersonate me on the phone for legal shit, I couldn't buy alcohol or go to bars, not to speak of abroad.

I'd be an undocumented illegal in the country I was born in.

They could deport me to syria if they felt like it.
>>
>>5442854

Or you could just make sure your ID photo matches your appearance and explain as necessary.
>>
>>5442874
every. single. time?

Transsexuality is pretty much literally unheard of where I'm from. I'd be the first trans person any of the bouncers have seen, and do you really think they'd buy "no, seriously, I used to be a girl"?

They wouldn't even let me CHANGE my ID picture if they didn't believe it was me doing it. I'd have to fear being caught stealing my own identity every single time and it never gets easier.

Also, my mom is a chemist. I've received entirely unprompted LECTURES about how unsafe and unreliable illegal hormones are.
>>
>>5444386

Sounds like you need to move to a different country/state.
>>
>>5444433
I can't leave my family here, they're dysfunctional and won't function without me.
>>
>>5442647
>>5442677
I've been trying to figure this out for months now. I think about it everyday, but I always decide that I can't be trans because I'd rather be androgynous, feminine guy than an ugly girl. It's not that I want to be a guy, I seriously hate this body, and my face. I just don't think I could deal with people looking and whispering at me if I didn't pass.
>>
>>5444496
Do you think you'd be comfortable testing the waters by going the femgen route?
>>
>>5444506
I can't even do that. My face is pretty masculine, that won't change without FFS. I don't even know. I try to avoid looking in mirrors, but when I do, I just want to smash it into a million pieces so I don't have to look at my face anymore. I keep my hair long, and get seriously happy when people mistake me for a girl from behind. On the other hand, I'm ambivalent about breasts or actually living as a women. On the other other hand, when I crossdress and such, it isn't sexual at all. It just feels nice, normal.
>>
>>5444521
So, you would like to look like a woman (take or leave breasts), be seen as a woman, dress in feminine garb and styles, and aren't overly fussed about "living as a woman"? What does living as a woman mean to you?
>>
>>5444542
Cat-calls, belittlement and being talked over?

The man is saying he wants to be a woman but not get treated like one.
>>
>>5444542
>>5444546
Does anyone want those things? If I was born female, there'd be no problem. You can fix ugliness, to some extent. Makeup and exercise, or surgery. But not so if I transition. There's no way I'd pass. I'm 23, and look male. If I do this, I don't want to live as a freak show. I just can't figure it out. Some days I feel almost okay. But it always feels like there's something missing. I don't know if it's being a girl, or just depression talking.
>>
>>5444554
You should probably get yourself sorted out either way with a head doctor, but realize that makeup can perform miracles, HRT will soften your facial features somewhat, and beard shadow is a dramatically masculine feature (even among cis women with it), such that its removal alone can transform a face.

Also, 23 is not too late, usually.
>>
>>5444554
Of course nobody wants that.

That's why I don't understand why cis women exist at all, now that technology has advanced and we have HRT and they don't HAVE TO.
>>
File: Dworkin on transsexuality.png (160 KB, 447x852) Image search: [Google]
Dworkin on transsexuality.png
160 KB, 447x852
I'd like to offer OP the radfem/gendercritical perspective just-in-case, without denying the existence of body dysphoria or other proof of "real"/biological transgenderism.

(Also I think everyone should be fully free to do whatever the fuck they want with their body if it's not laden with an appropriation of female identity and stereotypes of femininity.)

From what I gather you live in a fairly conservative culture too, like Turkey or Iran or something, so you might have even more reason than people living in western countries to feel bad for being an "effeminate male" or such, which would (theoretically) strengthen your desire to simply be the other sex even more...

Anyway, wish you luck, see what works best for you.
>>
>>5444645
I'm actually from Finland.

We got an award from the nazis for how the alcoholics, LGBT and mentally ill people are treated, and the laws have not been changed since.

I mean, you can't forcibly sterilise drunks or gypsies anymore, but trans people aren't really people, anyway.
>>
>>5444677

Holy fucking shit, I had no idea Finland was that horrible.

You said deporting to Syria and while a joke I thought it might have some geographic fact behind it...
>>
>>5444709
Oh, no. We're just getting flooded with syrians so undocumented people getting deported there by mistake or malice is a running joke.

Finnish is an impossible language to master unless you were raised with it, and the people are so inbred that even americans could point them out from estonians and danes, so getting mistaken for an arabic refugee would be hilarious and horrible.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.