[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /trans/ here that also think their only chance at passing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 599x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 599x360
Any /trans/ here that also think their only chance at passing is through surgery? I've been on hormones for 10 months and I feel like it really hasn't done that much to me. Besides all of the emotional effects and having small A cups I feel like not much has changed since I started. I see a lot of transgirls have these incredible timelines and it's so depressing being already 10months and still barely passing. Also I'm pretty self concious and insecure. I know that if I dressed more feminine I'd probably have a much better chance of passing but I just feel like I weird freak whenever I try to look pretty so I tend to avoid it unless I'm with people I really trust and even then I feel like they're secretly judging me. How do you guys/gals do this? I know I have to do this but it's soul crushing when you're barely seeing any results
TL;DR How do you deal with not passing? How do you pass better if you have a big nose and masculine jaw line?
>>
>>5439869
I've accepted that if I transition I will absolutely need ffs
Honestly I feel like it's necessary and very effective for most anyway
>>
>>5440180
True this. Unless you start around 16 or get really lucky I think ffs is an absolute must.

Was always confused why srs was always main priority for most trans women. I mean I hate mine as well but it doesn't affect my ability to pass whereas my face does and it probably bums me out more than my penis.

At least I can tuck my penis but I can't tuck my face.
>>
>How do you deal with not passing? How do you pass better if you have a big nose and masculine jaw line?

Avoid makeup. After 2 years on HRT I found out that if you have big, sharp head then makeup will make it more noticeable that you are male.

Also laser hair removal is a MUST. Don't underestimate it.

My FFS is Q1 2016
>>
>>5440205
how do i go about laser hair removal if i can't pass whatsoever without it? Do i show up in boymode? do they even do guys?
>>
>>5440247
Show up how you like.

They're a business, they do work for money.
>>
>>5440259
but goddamn weird looks is gon be weird, and people would say "you lost, sir?" or something like that and i'd just freak the fuck out. This is so damn hard.
>>
>>5440247
I was in my boy-mode at the beginning, she was a little bit of shocked that I want to remove my whole beard but after a while she was totally ok with it.

We became friends even. She thought I was gay but then she figured out I was actually trans. Good times.

ON the other hand

I went to other place (in another city) in my girl-mode it was so uncomfortable for all parties involved and even thought my 'laser operator' was super nice I was too anxious to make any connection or even talk about stuff.

I swear to god I'm more comfortable living as a girly gay guy than a trans woman. But dysphoria wont let me.
>>
>>5440259
>They're a business, they do work for money.

Some businesses don't want to cater to weird fucks because they scare other costumers.
>>
>>5440279
ok i'll bite
So how does it work? Do i need to let it grow out for a while then go? Will it go away instantly or what?
>>
>>5440247
Well I started showing up to my laser place as a full dude, had a really thick beard. They actually had to call some management person because they didn't know the price for lasering a beard.

Lady was like; 'Sorry for that but we never really get anyone wanting to get rid of a beard'

Anyway been for about 7 lasers now and the lady said at the last one 'Wow you look really young now!' (I had started hormones after my first laser)

They're professionals and they're hardly going to talk shit or ask intrusive questions and if they do talk shit it will be behind your back so who cares.
>>
>>5440296
so how long does it take? how does it work? does it remove certain parts of it first and others later? Do you have to come every month or something? And on a totally unrelated note, how long have you been on hormones people started telling you you're young-looking?
>>
>>5440287
bite? wat?

Anyway I needed 12 session on my face 4 weeks apart. Don't shave for 1-3 days (depends on how fast your beard is growing).
>>
>>5440301
And how does the progress go? Do parts of it become smooth or is it going through all of it for all the sessions just repeating it? You keep saying beard, are moustaches and other facial hair also accepted? Why can't they do it all at once?
And lastly, how much does it cost?
>>
>>5440205
Oh, god. I thought I was alone in this. All makeup does for me is accentuate the bone structure of my hyper masculine face. I would need to look like a caked up bimbo to hide it.
>>
>>5440299
How long depends. They said I'd probably need 10 treatments.

In my experience the places where the hair grew the thickest (chin, soul patch, mustache) are taking the longest to remove. My cheeks and neck where it wasn't as thick there is no beard shadow anymore and it doesn't grow there.

I usually go every 3 weeks.

I've been on hormones 4 months so far and I've had people say I look younger or just different, but they can't really say why. Getting rid of the beard shadow probably helps.
>>
File: poof.jpg (358 KB, 1211x774) Image search: [Google]
poof.jpg
358 KB, 1211x774
>>5440305
I'm from Poland so costs are hard things to describe. It was around 400 PLN (~85$) per session but I would guess in USA it is 200-300 USD per session.

Make sure they are using actual laser and not IPL/VPL as it doesn't work and is often advertised as "Laser Hair Removal" which is bullshit.

I was using Alexandrite and Nd:YAG
You can read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_hair_removal

pic related my progress
>>
>>5440205
>Also laser hair removal is a MUST. Don't underestimate it.
>tfw need electrolysis.
>tfw can't afford it.
>>
>>5440322
My god that's cheap. It's over 2000 euros where I live for facial hair removal
>>
>>5440262
don't do laser. find a small business that does electrolysis and do that. it's cheaper, SIGNIFICANTLY more effective, and completely permanent while laser is not
>>
>>5440622
Laser is permanent if you are on HRT.
>>
>>5440622
yeah but why is no one else suggesting it? What's the catch?
>>
how many people still can't pass after ffs?
>>
>>5440808
Painful and time-cosuming
>>
>>5440808
Takes a long fucking time. Also I doubt it's cheaper. It's $50 a session for potentially years
>>
>>5440645
its really not and it entirely depends on the color of your hairs and skin. if you're a ghostly pale skeleton with vantablack hair then it will work, but if you've got anything else then it will just waste your money

source: red hair pale irish girl who got scammed out of a few grand by laser

p.s. laser is not legally regulated in a lot of states so they can literally lie to your face and do whatever else they want without repercussions
>>
>>5446703
It'll make it easier for me, but my shoulders and upper chest are still way larger than any cis female has.
>>
>>5447917
If you go to a scam salon that doesn't have proper equipment, and/or unwilling to give you strong and short enough pulses, no it's not gonna be permanent.

If it's done properly it's permanent. You kill the hair follicles through heat, after you've destroyed a hair follicle it's not gonna suddenly start to repair itself and make new hairs.
>>
>>5446703
Lots. Depends on the shape and structure of your face. Also if you go to a crappy ffs surgeon you may not get the change you need
>>
>>5450439
....fuck
>>
>>5440262
Yeah, you're already going to be weird as fuck in every single situation you'll ever engage in for the rest of your life going down this path
>>
Yeah, I think so.

It's really hard to pass naked without srs desu.
>>
>>5440247
Yes they do guys. My uncle had laser on his body because he was like extremely abnormally hairy.
And my dad actually was thinking about getting his facial hair lasered because he can't have facial hair at his job, he hates having to shave, and he literally can't be clean shaven without having to shave every few hours, but it ended up costing too much.
And I live in the deep south, they're manly men, none of them are metrosexual.

Its more common than you might think.
>>
>>5440204
Most mtf are transbian hons and the sexual satisfaction derived from obtaining their own neo-vagina outweighs the rational part of their mind which should be concerned with blending like a normal member of society.

This is why I've always suggested that srs is, far and away, a better treatment for autogynephiles than for androphilic, or even moderately androphilic transgenders. The agp is "cured" through complete castration while the homosexual suffers due to lack of the kind of sexual contact they need.
>>
>>5453160
>rational part of their mind which should be concerned with blending like a normal member of society.

This is a pretty horrifying philosophy. Fetishising normality is downright destructive.
>>
>>5440204
>ffw is an absolute must
kek
>>
>>5453160
Blanchard pls go
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.