[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on HRT patches vs pills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1405565955293.jpg (144 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1405565955293.jpg
144 KB, 2560x1600
Opinions on HRT patches vs pills?
>>
patches and gel is much safer.
pills for the lazy ones (enjoy your thrombosis)
>>
>>5436510
Micronised estradiol taken sublingually absorbs faster and more effectively directly into the bloodstream and does not carry the same risks as when swallowed. It is far more effective than patches or gel, which do not lead to hormone levels equivalent to an adolescent undergoing puberty.
>>
>>5436510
>pills
>thrombosis
I will enjoy my absolutely non-existent risks of thrombosis from not taking horse piss while some people probably inject ethynil thinking it's safe.
>>
>>5436372
Everything other than pills you swallow are better. Pillows you swallow go to your liver, while everything else bypasses it. Estrogen staying in your liver like that reduces your production of the growth hormone IGF-1, which is required along estrogen to be present to see breast growth.

That's why pills are generally weaker, and you can only have very high levels on anything, but pills and still see i.e. breast growth.

Patches are good for keeping an even dosage if you cycle them as in that you put one on at a time, and replace only one at a time, by i..e. putting one on, wait 2 days, put your second one on, wait 2 days, replace the first one, wait 2 days, replace the second one. etc. It's just an example, you might need more than 2 patches at a time.

Estradiol valerate injections are superior though, i.e. progynon depot 10mg/1ml intramuscular once a week. Less hassle.
>>
>>5436842
>Pillows
Kek. I mean pills. I just woke up, no bully.
>>
>>5436844
know a good place to buy syringes?
>>
>>5436856
inhousepharmacy stocks them, my friend has been using them for over 5 years now without issue.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-333-progynon-depot-10mgml.aspx

Or do you mean other equipment you might need? I have no idea, I can't use injections due to where I live. ;~;
>>
>>5436856

I haven't bought any yet, but healthwarehouse.com and directlinemedical.com stock needles. You will need 1-1/2" long 22 or 23 gauge needles, alcohol prep pads, filter needles, band aids, a sharps disposal container, and a syringe that holds at least 1 ml. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A-EY_4P67Hs
>>
>>5436936
thanks for info
>>
File: 1322341754097.jpg (119 KB, 499x523) Image search: [Google]
1322341754097.jpg
119 KB, 499x523
>>5436372
>Opinions on HRT patches vs pills?

IF YOU AINT INJECTING YOU NEGLECTIN :^)

IM injection or kill yourself, hormones are too delicate to pass through the liver and into the bloodstream effectively unless combined with things that kill your liver; the only pills you should take is a Test blocker.

Sublingual is meh, you want IM injections to maintain stable plasma levels. Its also easier to supra dose yourself with IM depots. Most TS are taking doctor prescribed levels during HRT and those levels are laughable if you want to see REAL results.

20mg/wk Estradiol Valerate split it into x2 10mg doses (Mon/Thur or Tue/Fri) rotate your injection sites Right Glute/Left Delt next week Left Glute/Right Delt..... that is the absolute minimum that you should be at, and that is if you are a poorfag. Step your game up to 30-40mg/wk ASAP. If I hang out with a tgirl I will provide her with 20-30mg/wk and tell her to keep taking what her Dr is prescribing as well.

100mg boxes of Progynon amps from India are $30 how fucking poor can you be? Do you fags understand how easy you have it? Do you understand how expensive the good Male hormones like Trenbolone and Masteron cost?!?!? Oh lets not fucking forget they are illegal by Federal law in the US.... Estradiol regulated in name only, Feds will open your Progynon amps from India and seal them back up and send them to you because they dont even give a fuck about Estradiol.

Goddamn we have some basic bitches on this site.
>>
>>5436842
I heard somewhere that there's a shortage of estradiol valerate and that it could cause problems if I was put on injections. do you know if this is true?
>>
>>5437362
>shortage of estradiol valerate

Have you ever heard of a shortage of cookies or fat bitches?

Its a global marketplace kid use your brain, there is never a shortage of anything, its only a matter of transportation logistics. You can probably find 20 different websites online that will ship cheap ass Progynon amps from India to your house without a prescription pham.

Do you even 2015?
>>
>>5437376
I was told it was a global shortage. I also am not self medding so why would I do that? I was to keep my endo.
>>
>>5437384
want *
>>
>>5437384
>I was told it was a global shortage.

Well you were told retarded shit, dont believe everything you hear. Im pretty sure the Estro is synthesized from pig ovaries from Chinese slaughter factories. Testosterone on the medical market comes from Chinese pig balls. Do you think there is a shortage of pigs in China? When they slaughter the animal they sell everything but the oink, they arent going to start throwing the ovaries away kid.

>I also am not self medding so why would I do that? I was to keep my endo.

Then my advice doesnt apply to you, keep getting cucked by your Dr instead of educating yourself, see if I give a fuck. Your Dr's job is to not step outside of the box and do anything that is against current medical consensus, his job is NOT to help you transition into a woman. His allegiance is to his profession and its code, not YOU as a person..... but hey you believe in shit like global shortages kek

gl pham
>>
Reading over this thread the overall opinion seems to be that pills should be avoided not just for effectiveness, but also the safety of your liver.

Does this mean you can drink alcohol while on patches or any other alternatives?
>>
>>5437519
liver safety isnt too important if youre on pills for less than two years unless your liver sucks already.

and yes.
>>
>>5436513
>adolescent undergoing puberty.

mind explaining?
hormone levels from patches/gel get pretty high even with tiny amounts
>>
File: patch-levels-chart-2.jpg (50 KB, 1186x746) Image search: [Google]
patch-levels-chart-2.jpg
50 KB, 1186x746
>>5436513
LOL I had 222 pg/mL E2 blood levels with 3 patches with 36 hour start offsets, and 4.5 day long wear time. I was using EstraDot 100ucg patches. I'd still be using them, but my skin and the glue fight. That was pretty costly, but I could afford it.

I'm now taking 6mg a day in divided doses of Estrace micronized 17b-estradiol and have E2 blood levels in the high 300s. My development is not as fast as it was under the patches.
>>
Implant master race reporting in. Why inject fortnightly when you can do it once a year?
>>
>>5437976
>>5436856
>>5436936
>>5437010

Some more

>>5437354

What levels do you get from 20 mg/week and 30-40mg that you would recommend they continue to take what the doctor is prescribing?
>>
File: 1448231325664.png (137 KB, 1893x537) Image search: [Google]
1448231325664.png
137 KB, 1893x537
>>5438517

Forgot the picture.
>>
File: 1448239287010.jpg (28 KB, 456x349) Image search: [Google]
1448239287010.jpg
28 KB, 456x349
>>5438517
>>5438522

The second.
>>
>>5437354
you sound abusive and controlling as h*ck
>>
>>5437404
>Estro is synthesized from pig ovaries
>pig
That's haram
>>
>tfw live in Norway and no website can ship to Norway anymore due to new import laws
Qhi used to be able to, but I'm having doubts it'd work anymore as my package has not yet arrived, they used to arrive quickly before. But they don't even stock injections.
My hopes and dreams of getting cowtits are being crushed, help.
>>
File: 1412905112048.jpg (107 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1412905112048.jpg
107 KB, 512x512
>>5438680
live with me anon x)
>>
>>5438688
If you're a girl who's dominant and kinky as hell and is okay with me wanting SRS, sure!
>>
>>5437404
>Estro is synthesized from pig ovaries
LOL, no.
>>
>>5437976
Yearly implants, where? Who makes them?
>>
>>5436372
Injections>>>>>patches or pills.

Get on my level.
>>
Ask your doctor.
If they say its your choice, go for patches or gels, if they aren't covered by insurance, injections are the next best choice, sublingual after that, and as a last resort, pills.
>>
>>5437404
Yeah, don't believe medical professionals or scientific consensus for your health. Just do a few google searches and trust your gut, that's how to get reliable information.

Absolute insanity
>>
>>5439064
I get mine compounded locally in Sydney. Not sure if it can be done anywhere but it seems to be the done thing here, and way steadier as an administration than injectables - can always supplement with a patch at the end of the 12mo before the next implant if you get low
>>
what's actually wrong with pills? I live on estrofem
>>
>>5439175
Estrofem is fine if you take them sublingually. Swallowing is bad, here's why:
From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormonal_breast_enhancement
"Oral estrogen treatment suppresses IGF-1 production in the liver, where approximately 80% of serum IGF-1 originates from,[47] and reduces total serum IGF-1 levels (by 15–40%, dependent on dose and type of estrogen administered), as well as increases levels of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) (a carrier protein that inhibits IGF-1 binding/activity).[48] This results in a state of functional GH resistance (as GH induces IGF-1 production and secretion in the liver to mediate most of its effects),[47] with combined oral estrogen and GH being less effective in evoking the clinical effects of GH relative to GH alone in clinical studies of individuals with hypopituitarism/GHD.[48] In contrast, treatment with combined GH and transdermal estrogen has been found not to decrease IGF-1 levels or increase IGFBP1 levels.[48] As such, estrogen administered via other routes of administration that bypass the liver, such as transdermal (in the form of estrogen patches), sublingual, intranasal, intramuscular injection, and subcutaneous injection, may be significantly more effective than oral estrogen.[48]"

IGF-1 is the growth hormone that is required to be present along with estrogen to see breast growth. There's more helpful information in there, though.
>>
>>5438680

Could you link me to an article in English about it? Or maybe a link in Norwegian about it, I don't know, Google Translate impressed me the other night with how good it's become at Spanish to English. What do you expect anyone to do about your situation though? Most you could do is get someone to take the drugs in personally. Which makes me wonder, can't you go drive over to Sweden and get something done, maybe find a sympathetic doctor or get something like a P.O. box there? Or is that not possible because Norway isn't in the EU?
>>
>>5439191
I can go to Sweden and set up a PO box, yes, but I have no means of convenient travel. But this is what I plan to do if I can't work out something with my doc and get some money.

I can link you the Norwegian article. Basically: As of first of october, a new law has been taken into effect, it's now illegal to import ANY kind of medication, even supplements and vitamins, though vitamins got recently allowed to go through anyways.
http://www.vg.no/forbruker/helse-og-medisin/totalforbud-naa-er-det-ulovlig-aa-bestille-medisiner-fra-utlandet/a/23533936/
>>
>>5439204

I forgot most Europeans don't have cars. Good luck working something out with your doctor.
>>
>>5439239
I probably could pay my friend to drive me I guess, plus while there you can get super cheap food, candy, soda, energy drinks, alcohol, smokes, etc so I guess that's neat for both me and my friend.
I need to look into if i can set up something in Sweden.
>>
>>5436856
I use calvetsupply. Its technically meant to be for animals but the needles are sterile and the exact same as the ones for humans.

Just MAKE SURE what you're buying explicitly says its sterile, and you will need 1½ inch needles, 3 ml syringes (but 1ml will work too), sterile individually packaged alcohol wipes, and preferably filter needles to draw the medicine if you're using ampules (but I've never used them and I haven't died yet so... ).

Make sure you learn sterile technique and injection zones and always aspirate and it's pretty safe.

Also look up Applied Tension Technique. Not to freak you out but there is a small chance you could start to pass out if you do the injection wrong and hit a big blood vessel. But Applied Tension will stop you from actually passing out, and the intuitive reaction of trying to relax will actually make you pass out faster.
>>
>>5437556
Estradiol valerate does next to nothing to the liver.
>>
>>5439172
OK, the compounding places making implants that I know of here in the US are 3 to 5 month long implants.
>>
>>5439812
I take a 50mg and 100mg together, lasts me 12mo (sometimes supplement the last 3mo) and I'm 56kg. Guess it would depend on dose and physiology
>>
What dosage are you on, if patches? currently at 6 months:

2 Patches: 1 mg/day + 0.5 mg/day
25mg spiro daily
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.