[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone here experience language skills worsening while on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: questions.jpg (171 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
questions.jpg
171 KB, 1280x1024
Did anyone here experience language skills worsening while on HRT? I am a foreigner and don't use English outside the internet but I have never been struggling with putting English sentences together more than I am now. My English vocabulary shrunk considerably making even a simple communication in English an ordeal. I am certain cypro is responsible for this next to other side effects I have from it like peeing a lot, being thirsty all the time, sleeping less, depression, tiredness and itchy skin spots.

Does it ever go away or do I need to get orchi/SRS before the therapy kills me and English fluency will be the least of my worries?
>>
You sure it's not just, yknow, lack of practice?
>>
That's very strange
>>
i genuinely think that i've gotten dumber while taking hrt
>>
i thought i could express myself better after hrt
>>
>>5435569
>internalized misogyny
>2015
>>
>>5435644
>automatically assuming anon is MtF
>internalized misogyny
>2015
>>
>>5435668
>Cypro= Cyperotone
Obviously MtF

I've been fucking up my sentences a lot since blockers. I didn't really think about it much at, but i've noticed that i'm notably worse at typing than i was before. Like i'll repeat words and shit, or mash two sentences together.
>>
What happens if I'm dyslexic? Will it make it worse or fix the problem?
>>
>>5438934
it will fuck u up familia

>>5438857
consider this: hormones ain't no easy ride from point A to point B in one afternoon but it actually takes years and years of literal reconstruction of everything - everything that's been touched by T has to be taken apart and construed again so yeah no wonder people here describe their moods as "being retarded" or "can't recall words" when literally one of the confirmed changes of HRT is having your grey matter reduced and white matter expanded
>>
more proof estrogen makes a person illogical and emotional
>>
>>5435569
Same desu. Mind feels slightly muddied and dozy all the time for no reason and it's harder to keep track of my emotions.
>>
>>5435264

Another question, how many of you that felt negative side effects are self-medding?
>>
Antiandrogens don't really specifically block androgens. Cypro and spiro both kinda fuck up most steroid systems like cortisol and glucocorticoids. Those are the same in both sexes and involved in things like stress and adrenal function and might have a huge role in depression. Also cypro has mild opiate activity which *might* have some negative effects but probably not

Also just make sure you're getting your prolactin checked because high prolactin or the “tumor” itself can cause mental problems.

Also keep in mind that your brain is literally in the process of changing just as much as your body so idk if that could affect your ability in like early transition.

BUT the good news is that in most studies when they test mtf trans people pre transition and then post transition(like years after starting), language skills actually improve on objective tests. I've never seen a study where language skills decreased, although I did see one where language skills stayed the same and spatial skills slightly decreased.

So bottom line, don't worry too much op :᠎) If antiandrogens are causing it, the problems will probably go away after you get orchi and reduce your dose. And the better answer desu is probably that transition is just stressful, and stress can really mess with you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.