[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic unrelated. I get sexually turned on by guys, but not so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: fuckin normies.png (877 KB, 900x1346) Image search: [Google]
fuckin normies.png
877 KB, 900x1346
Pic unrelated.
I get sexually turned on by guys, but not so much by girls. Sometimes I feel something, but I'm not sure if it's just me trying to make myself do so. I'd assume I'm gay, but I really want a girlfriend and can't imagine myself with another guy. I've had crushes on girls before. Am I just confused, in denial, am I in a weird spectrum of bisexuality? I've considered myself bi, but now I'm starting to have doubts.
>>
Tumblr as it sounds, I don't believe romantic preferences necessarily span the entirety of sexual preferences for any given individual: ie, some people can want to fuck both sexes but only desire a long-term relationship with one or the other. Probably just an extreme form of romantic preference. You're normal.
>>
>>5433013
You sound like you're bi leaning towards men, or possibly gay and confused. Not being able to picture yourself romantically involved with a guy would be normal if you've thought of yourself as heterosexual for a significant part of your life. Don't bother trying to pin down exactly what you are, just live life, have fun, act in the moment, don't worry about it.
>>
>>5433021
That's exactly what I was thinking, tumblr and all. It's why I'm so confused. I feel a bit relieved that I haven't gone crazy, cause I really do want a gf and find girls really pretty. Thanks for the reassurance.
>>
>>5433027
Thanks, I will. It's even harder since I haven't been in a relationship, but I'm in no hurry.
>>
>>5433028

That said, only being sexually attracted to one gender while being romantically attracted to the other is complete horsehockey and probably indicates that the person in question is too socially awkward to see being involved with someone they want to boink as achievable, while the desire for intimacy and increasingly low standards mean that they see a relationship with some they don't find attractive as preferable to being alone.
>>
>>5433100

I'm not so certain.

I mean, we can agree that asexuality is a thing, right? And that some asexuals are still romantically interested in one sex or the other (or both)? Given that, I don't see it as much of a stretch that a person could be homosexual and heteroromantic.
>>
>>5433482
Asexuals are very rare, and although anyone can love anyone in the fraternal sense, romantic pair-bonding is a distinct phenomenon and overwhelmingly associated with sex. I think it's very unlikely.
>>
>>5433013

literally every guy i fooled around with in highschool and even early college said 'i only want to date girls, i cant imagine ever dating a guy'

fast forward 10 years and they are all openly gay now. you romanticize the idea of being with a woman because thats how you assume life is supposed to be, and what you see daily on TV. but once you start to actually experience intimacy with men you realize it works just as well in that direction.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.