[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legbutts, do you get stared at for being a queer? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: hates to death a little.jpg (28 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
hates to death a little.jpg
28 KB, 480x367
Legbutts, do you get stared at for being a queer? How do you deal with it?
>>
>>5423195
>How do you deal with it?

I let it ruin my day and continue to feel bad about it for the next week or two.
>>
andro/butch lesbian here

i get stared at all the time by people trying to gender me. walking to class across campus, by other customers at restaurants, by waitstaff, etc. it's gotten to the point that everywhere i go i do a scan to see if anyone's hostile. i don't mind the curiosity so much anymore, but the hostility pisses me off.

anyway, when i notice i make and keep eye contact until they look away. if they're polite, they'll do so as soon as it happens. if they're not i stare them down (with increasing hostility) until i assert my dominance and they fold. i'm begging for a confrontation eventually but it works, it turns the focus on their staring and how rude they're being which usually makes them stop

once i went to an old-style burger joint with my dad and this crusty old lady kept giving me the stink eye. each time i noticed i stared right back, after which she started fiddling uncomfortably with her phone. watching her squirm was glorious
>>
>>5423224
you have a mentality of 12 year old
>>
>>5423243
care to explain why? i think it's better than doing nothing and letting it get to me.
>>
>>5423224
shaming is passive aggressive and feminine. If you're trying to be masculine or just address the issue faster.. call them out.
>>
>>5423256
Staring someone squarely in the face is passive-aggressive? I'm sorry, I don't understand.
>>
>>5423224
On the butch side myself. People stare at me because of my tats and piercings. Maybe they assume I'm a lesbian. Never bothered me.
>>
I let them keep staring until their eyes fall upon my gun. From that point on their eyes tend to dart to the gun for very brief instances, as if they don't want me to notice them staring at it or feel like it's bad for them to stare at it.
>>
i'm oblivious and probably a little bit autistic so i dunno
>>
My girlfriend is usually the one who deals with it. She makes me feel safe =w=
>>
Nope. Never been stared at, never been called fag or shouted at.
Women will run away from me if I'm walking home from a night out and they are walking in front of me though.
>>
>>5423213
>I let it ruin my day and continue to feel bad about it for the next week or two.

yeah pretty much this
>>
>>5423269
Not the person you were talking to. "Passive aggressive" is 4chan code for "thing I don't like that I lack the verbal skills to explain why I don't like it." Also considering men do a lions share of "shaming" I would call shaming a very masculine activity.
>>
>>5423195
>do you get stared at for being a queer?
No. I do get stared at because I'm always scornful look on my face and I am always in a hurry.
Got me compared to Hitler once.
>>
>>5423906
>men do a lions share of "shaming" I would call shaming a very masculine activity.
[Feminist citation needed]
>>
File: sucksthatyouredumbbro.png (17 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
sucksthatyouredumbbro.png
17 KB, 300x196
>>5424523
Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>5424623
>being this bad at comedy
>14yo nonbinary grill detected
I aint even gonna fight choo. Good luck getting pokewomyn dis christmas
>>
>live in conservative rural US south
>get looks from rednecks
>give no fucks
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>tfw my queerness is invisible as a dude
>>
>>5425773

IKTF
>>
>>5423195
>Legbutts, do you get stared at for being a queer?
How would people know? Do you think I'm a faggot or something?
If I actually wanted to be flamboyant in public, I'd make sure that I don't care about getting weird looks first.
>>
>>5424523

Didn't you ever go to high school? I'm pretty sure the boys constantly bodyshamed the girls, commented on them being fat, having hairy legs, whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 462x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 462x282
>>5425887
She's a repressed tranny trolling lgbt.
>>
>>5423195
I'm pretty straight looking or at least look like I could be either one so not much staring on my own. When I'm out with gf I try to keep the pda down cause it's usually just old men that will say some creepy shit like "hey you two should kiss" at just holding hands. Or old ladies glaring. A couple times I've had an old lady come up and give some little jesus piece or just a "what a shame" kinda thing.

So really I just think "goddamn can't wait till old people die already". Don't really get much stared at besides old people and I'm in texas.
>>
>>5423243
only on 4chan would standing up for yourself and asserting some dominance be considered having the mentality of a 12 year old
>>
File: 1415039259644.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1415039259644.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>queer
What the fuck does this even means?
>>
>>5425887
Don't know what school you went to but rarely did I ever see guys making comments to girls like that unless it was to drive the girl away for being uncomfortably aggressive. Even when only around other guys such comments were minimal. Girls on the other hand constantly were verbally attacking each other for every damn thing.
>>
>>5423195
I go home and call OP a faggot on 4chan to channel my anger elsewhere.
>>
I am gay straight looking white male who is 6'3. I get stared at regardless, so it is all good. Makes it easier to see other legbutts checking me out.
>>
I've always gotten stared at when having any kind of mild PDA with a girlfriend in public. I'm lucky to never have lived in any podunk Bible Belt areas, but even in "liberal" places two women holding hands and touching like they're dating unusual enough that it attracts attention. Lots of double-takes, the occasional blank stare, and sometimes you get these really obnoxious people who run up and overzealously tell you what an ADORABLE COUPLE you guys are and how it's SO BRAVE yadayada. And of course you can tell they're patting themselves on the back for being so gosh darn accepting when they leave.

Mostly, I handle it by not doing PDA. Even though it's mostly not negative attention around where I live, it's still not something I enjoy.
>>
>>5423224
So you are saying you are fat and angry.
Got it.
>>
>>5428006
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
>>
>>5423243
>>5427969

Probably because you did it to an old lady.
Can't imagine why you chose that as your one example.
>>
>>5428278
Then say those words you fucking idiot. And how would anyone even know I'm part of either of those groups?
>>
>>5428006
>not straight
>>
>>5423195
Nobody knows I'm trans. If anything I'd give you dirty looks to throw off any suspicion that I'm not a true American alpha male.
>>
>>5428006
>>5428522
Somebody's never been in the South.
>>
File: oprah what.gif (2 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
oprah what.gif
2 MB, 355x200
>>5428573
Somebody never lived on a third world shithole.
>>
>>5428272
by your logic anyone angry is fat, jelly rolls

stay beta
>>
I deal with it by smashing faggots. It's just a little thing I do to get by.
>>
>>5428576
>on
Thankfully not, I'd imagine it'd be very squishy.
>>
>>5428577
By your logic anyone you generalize is beta
Stay lonely fatty
>>
>>5428592
poorly using my argument as a template and inserting in your nonsense does not a coherent point make

here's your (you)
>>
>>5428583
This is the sort of shit I'm talking about. Just turn them into a red smear on the ground. Satisfaction. I like Bush - he didn't engineer the world trade centre collapse - he's looking out for you pinheads. Keep believing that. huhahahhahhahha
>>
>>5428595
I am so sorry I did not take your insult in depth. Get over yourself angry dogfaced cunt.
>>
>>5428602
You tunnel cunted slut
>>
>>5428613
You should be nicer, I only like the jolly FAT people.
>>
>>5428295
because she was being so memorably obvious about it. she was sitting at a table alone (can't imagine why for the life of me) positioned behind and to the right of my old man. anytime i tried to look at his face i saw her wrinkly piss-dribbling sneer. that shit is distracting, each time i relaxed to enjoy my burger and talk to my dad she'd start up again. shit was really annoying

i almost sat down at her table to give her a word or two but i didn't know what to say. situations like those are where the staring trick falls through
>>
>>5428616
Jolly? You fuck. Fuck you
>>
>>5428636
No thanks I don't want your sweat on me.
>>
>>5428640
Why are you so angry I just wanted to assert my dominance
>>
>>5428650
4chan bants
>>
>>5428659
I wrote a diatribe about the bants but you don't want to hear it
>>
>>5428674
It starts with: I HAIL FROM A LAND CALLED /B/
>>
>>5428659
No takers? It's quite a story...
>>
>>5428602
>>5428613
stay mad samefag, at least i have gf options
>>
>>5428698
Fine. Go on. She called us same fag :)
>>
>>5428705
Just because I'm butch doesn't mean I don't have options bitch
>>
>>5428711
I cannot believe that it even an issue, some sort of judgement of somebody else's sexuality. This is not an issue to me. Unless it is without consent (aka rape) there is no issue. The very fact that it is still an "issue" is absolutely abhorrent to my very being. To be honest some of the most memorable people I have met (not lesbians - troll can't help myself) have been homosexual. I will fight for something that shouldn't EVEN BE A QUESTION OR A FUCKING ISSUE. For fucks sake.
>>
>>5428711
Not trolling by the way
>>
>>5428747
Ok good job I love you
>>
>>5428754
So sad when our culture means that some people are marginalised based on "I don't know because I'm not gay" but we are all the same. Jeesus next we'll be discriminating against green eyed people. Because you know they'll rape our children. Anyhoo - back to /b/ - crap troll is crap.
>>
>>5428754
If you have a rally by the way - I'll be there pointing out the fact that this is a non-issue and consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want
>>
>>5428754
Wow I'm drunk maybe I should give up for the night
>>
>>5423195
yes, I just stop going out in public
>>
>>5423213
>>5423724

Happens way to often for me, I just stare at everything but and try to look bemused and content
>>
>look like dude with long hair
>have tits
>get weird looks if I don't wear a button up or my bra shows through a white shirt

I hate myself
>>
no im normal looking
>>
>>5423195
Generally no. I am a bi male, but I suppose I don't act very stereotypical and can pass as being a regular guy. I do, however, have a gay friend who is quite noticeably gay, and every now and again he does some really gay shit in public without thinking about it and it causes a lot of turned heads and you can hear some of them giggle and snicker, and it makes me really embarrassed to be around him sometimes. Is it bad that I feel this way about him?
>>
>>5432022
No, that's a pretty normal reaction.
>>
Im pretty sure my tight jeans and boyish appearance make some people uncomfortable but eh fuck it. Being in LA nobody gives a fuck about the gays
>>
>>5423195
imagine a 19 year old gay guy who wears women's skinny jeans in public more often than not. you get used to it, and in the end it's rewarding. you stop caring what other people think about you after awhile.
>>
>>5423195
I'm a fem gay guy who is small and wears androgynous women's clothing at all times, and I get mistaken for a woman a lot but besides that I haven't really had anyone say or do anything to me. I guess I'm lucky.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.