[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is polyamory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
what is polyamory?
>>
I'm currently guilt-trapped in one. Made the mistake of moving in. Don't do it, just stay single and b a fuckbuddy 2 swingers
>>
I'm in a happy one. We are each other's primary partners and are fluid bonded. Open communication is key, if ever one of us is uncomfortable with a partner selection we drop them.
>>
>>5423081
so you have one main partner, and you see other people as a couple or individually?

this is why i'm confused. it seems like a lot of people think of poly as a bunch of people all dating each other. me, personally, i want to date multiple people but have independent relationships with each. i don't usually have one i consider more serious than the others. is that even considered poly? so confused.

>>5423068
elaborate?
>>
>>5423012
Polyamory is being adult enough to admit you'll wanna fuck other people and that fucking people usually leads to some kind of emotional attachment
>>
>>5423081
That sounds more like an open relationship
>>5423068
Lmao same. Still didn't move in thankfully
>>
>>5423012
Something teens on tumblr who have never been in an actual relationship delude themselves into thinking is a functional, healthy relationship model, and that they are "polyamorous" themselves
>>
>>5423152

We date some people separately and individually

>>5423174

What's the distinction?
>>
>>5423190

Derp I mean some together some independent
>>
>>5423190
for me, the distinction is

open relationship: two (or more i guess) partners who are committed to each other, but casually see other people outside of the relationship. the other people they date are not their boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.

poly relationship: all partners are equal

but that may be the wrong way to look at it, idk. i'm trying to figure out what poly actually means to people. like i'm almost exclusively non-monogamous but i'm not sure other people would call my preferred relationship style "poly". although i know another guy who dates like me, and he refers to himself as poly
>>
>>5423172
This
>>
>>5423068
Elaborate pls
>>
>>5423172
>everyone wants to fuck around with multiple people
>if you don't admit it you're just not a mature adult like myself
>mono people don't exist
>muh bonobos

This is what poly-kin actually believe.
>>
>>5423068
Same here.

>girl I know in her early 20's
>her girlfriend is in early 40's
>I'm mid 30's
>eventually get introduced to older girlfriend
>we all grow close
>always hang out, share personal stuff
>eventually have a threesome
>continues for a few months. only meet them for sex together, never one-on-one
>we all love each other and I get asked to move in
>move in and immediately jealousy surfaces
>older girlfriend works late, comes home and other girl and me are in bed together. she gets upset
>she starts becoming more possessive of younger girlfriend
>too much drama ensues
>I move out after three months
>they break up shortly after that
>both of them call me looking to date
>>
File: 1450156292776.jpg (41 KB, 520x536) Image search: [Google]
1450156292776.jpg
41 KB, 520x536
>>5423012

It's a nicer way of saying "I have a cuckolding fetish".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.