[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For all the MTFs here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (289 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289 KB, 728x546
I'm curious, how many of you MTFs are only interested in transitioning/have transitioned because you feel detached from masculinity, possibly as a result of your otaku/weeboo temperament. Why is being a girl preferable to how you were born?
>>
>>5421342
I've never been into anime or any of that Japanese shit, or video games, or computers. Still a tranny.
>>
How could you even come to that conclusion?
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 564x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 564x838
>>5421365
Uh... I hate to break it to you gurl, but you're on an anime message board...
>>
>>5421372
probably /a/ cuteposters
>>
>>5421372
Several of the trannies I've met feel like they failed as men and want to be cute anime girls.
>>
>>5421379
It's like all the non-anime boards on 4chan don't exist
>>
>>5421365
> 4chan
> not into Nipponshit
>>
>>5421386
I seriously doubt you've met MtFs who out right said in a serious manner that they wanted to be anime.
>>
>>5421391
Doubt all you want but I personally know at least two guys who feel his way.
>>
>>5421342
I don't know, I wonder about this all the time.
>>
>>5421461
Thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>5421342
I know you're bait but for the lurkers: the key word is detachment. Trans people don't feel "detachment" they feel "disgust" or "dissatisfaction". Detachment is more of a neutral word, which implies the choice wasn't carefully considered or important. Thanks for the thread.
>>
My male body feels foreign to me, is this enough?
>>
>>5421529
Do you like anime girls?
>>
>>5421536
I like anime boys.
>>
>>5421539
So you're MTF and gay. Interesting.
>>
>>5421565
She is straight if she is likes boys...
>>
>>5421581
> mtf
> she
>>
I don't like anime and I'm not AGP, I just always thought being male was the short end of the stick. I can't relate to how most males don't feel that way.
I don't resent masculinity because I fail at being manly, I just never identified with masculinity to begin with. I think this is what separates a tranny from a beta. The stereotypical aspects of masculinity don't represent me (not showing too much empathy, being attractive for your self-confidence instead of your looks, being driven by competition rather than care), but even beyond that, I don't identity to the male role at core level, to the point that I can't picture myself as a man in a gay or straight relationship alike. I just shut down and isolate myself.
>>
I always loved female bodies desu, and always liked cute things, being a guy and liking these things is viewed wrong and you will possibly be bullied, so it's kinda easier doing these things if I'm a girl

Also, men are absolute shit. There's literally nothing good about them I fucking hate men since I started transition.
>>
>>5421342
>possibly as a result of your otaku/weeboo temperament
Fuck that noise... I'm all for that cesspool of a country and everything that came out of it getting firebombed.
>>
>>5421750
Otaku comes from Japan.
Weeboo comes from America.
>>
>>5421690
Just because you hated being a man doesn't mean you have to hate men
>>
Being an anime girl is a great reason to transition lol, definitely. I just...I feel content and happy as a girl, idk how else to say everything lines up. Even if I'm butt ugly (which I'm not entirely).

I'm just happy.
>>
>>5421840
I like you
>>
>>5421840
I'm a cis-gendered male and I would date you. Can you show us a picture of yourself?
>>
>be 5
>see sailor moon
>"i wanna be like that"

B^)
>>
>>5422083
Fucking sailor moon man. I swear, it's amazing how much I feel that show is connected to my transexuality.
>>
Why did I do it? Because my dick screamed at me that I needed to be a girl from a very young age. Bar having no sex hormone and being clinically depressed, transitioning was all i could do to stay sane. I'm still quite bitter about how my life turned out but I guess it's better than being a "child stuck in a man's body" or something.
>>
>>5421342
You're not curious. You don't even know what that means.
>>
>>5421840
You sum up why I support this community. Why should anyone convince you of who you should be?
I'm cis male but I think it's wonderful that anyone can just about be who they want to
>>
You're not a transgirl then, you're a transanime
>>
>>5421840
You're not a transgirl then, you're a transanime
>>
>>5421342
i was never masc or anything. i was gay until i transitioned and i've never watched anime or anything. i can't stand the low production quality, but i think i'd watch it with a bf because the plots seem diverse
>>
i watched the powerpuff girls every day dreaming i was bubbles and the professor would pound my buttpussy. i always changed the channel before anyone could see what i was watching. late at night when the animu came on i would undress, get on my back and try to suck my girltinkler and pretend is wasn't mine. am i gay?
>>
>>5422439
same tbhon
>>
>>5422368
You mean transdimensional
>>
>>5422094
why is this the only magical girl show ever introduced to the west?
>>
>>5424029
Sailor Moon is not a feminist cartoon. The genre is sexist.
It has no place in USA.
>>
>>5425130
You sound chinese and butthurt.
>>
I am detached from masculine social roles cause of some inherent essence inside me. I was never a weeb, Ive only watched a few mainstream action animes. I tried to be masculine until I was 19 then I broke down and said fuck this shit I wanna be pretty and be with a nice guy and wear nice clothes and feel like my life makes some sense and feels right.
>>
>>5421342
>tfw no long, soft brown hair
>tfw no big boobs
>tfw no adventure to go on while hiding my feelings for the NC

:(
>>
>>5425130

Well, you could say it's third-wave/librul/"choice" feminist, i.e. ignoring systematic issues with sexism and screaming feminine empowerment (not realizing that the whole concept of femininity is a patriarchal construct).

(Oh yeah, I just used the p-word, and I fully seriously mean it, deal with it.)

Hell, there's even lesbians in Sailor Moon. Third-wavers must be all over it.

BTW disclaimer: mocking third-wave feminism, especially as a male, is stupid. They brought in some good ideas and are doing their own best. A constructive criticism of third-wave/librul feminism, from a second-wave/radical feminist perspective is preferred to stupidly trying to mock them. (I'm a bit guilty myself, being a male, and being quite frustrated at women who whore out themselves and scream empowerment. It just feels like they're cooperating with a sexist culture that exploits women's sexuality. I feel bad for almost preferring a "docile" kind of feminine woman to an "empowered" slutty one, even though both are oppressed under patriarchy... Complicated shit. Whoever said feminism was going to be simple.)
>>
>>5425130
Fuck off you piece of shit tumblr shill, you're not welcome here.
>>
>>5421342
I thought I might be trans for years. One night in college I hit a breaking point and just started crying. I was ready to come out to my parents and see a doctor about HRT and everything.

I decided to chill out and just wait before I did anything. I'm glad I did, it's been about 3 years and I've never felt trans since then, I just don't question it anymore. A huge part of the appeal of being a girl was that it seemed like girls had an easier time getting everything I wanted: protection, affection, sex. And I never felt like I was aggressive enough to be a boy. But I finally realized that those things aren't good reasons to change my body, especially since my body itself has never caused me any discomfort. I can get all those things as a man, if I just work at it. I still have an AGP fetish and I fantasize about being a woman from time to time, but I don't let that define my sexuality like I used to.

I wish the trans community would stop pushing "if you have to ask then you're trans" so hard. It's harmful to some people.
>>
>>5428731
>I feel bad for almost preferring a docile kind of feminine woman

Don't.
>>
>>5428766
Thank you. This is exactly what radical feminists are trying to say.

(I've been told that some TERFs really are very harmful to trans people. I haven't looked into it that much and cease judgment, but in any case not radfems are TERFs and not all TERFs are equal. I've seen some very bright radfems criticize the TERF label for being used as a silencing tactic...)

>>5428771
In the context of a culture of male dominance over females, I will feel bad over wishing for female persons to be docile.
I do know though that I'm a pretty docile person myself (I think so anyway, I don't have many/any social contacts so I'm not really sure how to judge myself in terms of social behavior) so for me it would simply mean being with someone like me, which is nothing to feel bad over.
>>
>>5428731
>ignoring systematic issues with sexism
Third wave isn't "EMPOWERMENT" no matter how much the old bats keep insisting it is. It's also acknowledging the issues in the fact that the saviors are all relatively powerful women whose solutions don't actually help women who are poor, sex workers, trans, etc and whose views assume a definitely middle class experience of what it means to grow up as a woman.
>>
>>5421342
I dunno about detached, but my masculinity and overall identity have little to do with my transition. I'm not extremely masculine or feminine, but what I do know is that I hate looking masculine, and I feel much better when I look and sound feminine.
>>
>>5428780
>I've seen some very bright radfems criticize the TERF label for being used as a silencing tactic...
It really isn't.

Also it doesn't even come from a trans woman.
>>
>>5429053
>acknowledging the issues in the fact that the saviors are all relatively powerful women whose solutions don't actually help women who are poor, sex workers, trans, etc and whose views assume a definitely middle class experience of what it means to grow up as a woman
As far as I know, it's radical feminists who
- opened up tons of rape/battered shelters everywhere
- created laws against sexual harassment in the workplace and discrimination in hiring practices, so women can better exit poverty
- have been helping prostitutes by trying to diminish the demand for prostitution by criminalizing the johns while decriminalizing the prostitutes, and at the same time providing alternatives to these prostitutes ("Swedish model")
- have been cooperating with black women since the beginnings of second-wave feminism
- acknowledging that the fact that you're empowered yourself doesn't mean you have no right to analyze and criticize systematic issues hurting women less empowered than you
and so on and so forth.

I don't know, your characterization sounds like bull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcTt0emXhE

>>5429072
Note how I *didn't* claim it was trans people who use the term TERF to silence feminists.
>>
>>5429180
>- have been helping prostitutes by trying to diminish the demand for prostitution by criminalizing the johns while decriminalizing the prostitutes, and at the same time providing alternatives to these prostitutes ("Swedish model")
The swedish model is a failure and merely puts the lives of women on the street in the hands of pimp by making their main survival occupation illegal.
>>
>>5429220
[citation needed]
>>
>>5429180
>>>5429053
>have been cooperating with black women since the beginnings of second-wave feminism

I guess thats why black feminists got sick of their shit and went off to create womanism and other intersectional movements.

See also mwmf for an example of how lily white radfeminism is.
>>
>>5421342
I sometimes think that the only reason I get feelings to transition are because of the way I was raised... I was raised to believe that all men are fucking garbage and that I was garbage for being a man... that women hold all the power, that women should be catered to by men.... and that men were lowly slaves...
When I go online as a woman, it only reinforces these notions, as men buy me things in games, buy me games, treat me like I am special...
>>
>>5429220
http://www.feministcurrent.com/2014/08/11/actual-evidence-shows-the-nordic-model-works/
>>
>>5421640
>I just always thought being male was the short end of the stick. I can't relate to how most males don't feel that way.

I feel the same way. When most males say "I'm really glad I was born a man," it just feels so foreign to me.

I think being male is better is you're extremely ambitious and want to be a CEO or a famous professor of a head of state. But if you just want to be comfortable and live an easy life, like most people, I think female gives you better odds.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.