[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25 KB, 300x301
I have a question. So everybody knows how appearantly salt is bad for you and whatnot, there's this whole campaign against eating too much of it.

But does this rule apply to transgirls or just normal people? ie: some of us are taking tons of potassium sparing diuretics (spiro), can't we just eat all the salt we want to? Isn't it healthy for us,because we need all the salt we can get to balance out the electrolytes and stuff?
>>
>>5409224
You literally need salt to live. Your muscles won't work without sodium. That being said a high salt diet can cause your blood to be viscous and clog more easily. Other than that I don't see how salt could harm you as long as you drink just as much water though.

Also don't eat more salt than you normally do, or more than the daily recommended value of sodium. Human bodies don't like being shocked with more of a nutrient than they need.
>>
>>5409239
okay, that sounds reasonable. Thanks!
>>
>>5409254
No problem. Have a good day.
>>
>>5409224
>>5409239
>>5409224
A small but significant proportion of the population is vulnerable to too much salt intake. Most people can handle as much as they're likely to want to eat (within reason). There's no way to self-test for whether you're in the vulnerable group, so the best public health strategy is to tell everybody not to eat it.
>>
>>5409224
spiro is meant as blood pressure medicine, so a little more salt won't hurt
But that doesn't mean go gobbling salt rocks
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.