[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>what is actually said: "conservative politicians do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1448599703478.png (15 KB, 160x169) Image search: [Google]
1448599703478.png
15 KB, 160x169
>what is actually said: "conservative politicians do not support the concept of same-sex marriage"
>what gay people hear: "CONSERVATIVES WANT TO GENOCIDE THE GAY PEOPLE, VOTE HILLARY (a politician who less than years ago publicly did not support same-ex marriage)"

Explain this one to me.
>>
>>5407069

*less than ten years ago
>>
>>5407069
Conservatives are a lot more likely than liberals to actively oppose gay marriage. There's a difference between not actively supporting gay marriage, and actively opposing it.
>>
>>5407069
I don't like conservatives, but I'm not voting Clinton either.
Bernie Sanders is the man I support, and the only candidate who has the interest of citizens, not corporations, as his priority.
>>
>>5407409
>opposing gay marriage, something that is already the law of the land, is the same thing as calling for genocide

No really, when is this meme going to end?
>>
>>5407069

>what is actually said: "gay people shouldn't have 'special rights' like straight people do"
>what I hear: "gay people need to be second-class citizens"

I respond in kind: with a big ol FUCK YOU and never voting for any conservative who wants to claim that I'm harming them by quietly living my life and paying my taxes.
>>
>>5407541
>responding to ridiculous over the top strawman you made up five seconds before you replied instead of the actual topic

try again.
>>
>>5407550

>implying the topic isn't a strawman from the start

You get what you give.
>>
>>5407501
Are you literally too dumb to understand exaggeration?
>>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/02/lawyer-killing-gays-sodomite-suppression_n_6786776.html

It's not a strawman bro
>>
>>5407572
>implying the topic isn't a strawman from the start

What?

>>5407582
>exaggeration

Perhaps you should try making an argument that doesn't rely entirely on exaggeration and bullshit.
>>
File: 1450205077630.jpg (8 KB, 143x146) Image search: [Google]
1450205077630.jpg
8 KB, 143x146
>>5407591
>one guy said something
>therefore the republican party are literally hitler

Is this really how your brain works?
>>
>>5407597
It's a lawyer legitimately attempting to get a law passed. They;'ve knocked him down, and he's trying again.

This is not a "lone wolf". Someone passed the fucking bar and is doing this. Clearly there's still sentiment to kill the gays.
>>
>>5407069

I'm voting Trump, since he seems to have a pretty good record as far as LGBT are concerned.
>>
Young gays are naive. They don't see the big picture. In UK there is no "which party is gayest" competition, there is clear separation between rich gays and labour gays.
>>
>>5407069
Now that gay marriage is legal there is no reason for gays to keep voting democrat.
>>
>>5407703
Unless you're trans.
>>
>>5407593
>Perhaps you should try making an argument that doesn't rely entirely on exaggeration and bullshit.
People exaggerate all the time. Are you going to throw a temper tantrum every time someone says something that isn't meant to be taken literally? Besides, those who exaggerate to the point of calling it genocide are few and far between, but that doesn't mean conservatives are exactly pro-LGBT either.
>>
>>5407069
Well three republican presidential candidates (iirc Huckabee, Santorum, Jindahl) spoke at this rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMS3KNPa38 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLobWHDdVw / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZU6pGKgRk last month.

Right now the fucktarded fundie factions that believe a gay genocide would be fine and dandy are republicans. While the feminazis are typically democrats.
>>
>>5407728
Can't see what that would do. Trans people can take advantage of Trump's economic liberalism and and sell out to capitalism. That's how white gay men got their "privilege". Money has the highest power.
>>
>what gay people hear: "CONSERVATIVES WANT TO GENOCIDE THE GAY PEOPLE

That's not what I hear, mate. What I hear is, "If elected, these politicians will do everything in their power to attempt to roll back gay marriage."

They wouldn't succeed at it, of course. But I don't want them in office to begin with if that's how they are.

And yeah, I would vote Hillary over any conservative any day of the week. Because what matters is that she supports gay marriage now.
>>
>>5407761

What about a conservative candidate that is ambivalent about gay marriage?
>>
>>5407761
>these politicians will do everything in their power to attempt to roll back gay marriage."

But that's not the same thing as genocide.

Now look, maybe your method of genocide differs from mine, but, you know, challenging a law, and exterminating millions of people, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Look, disagreeing with people don't mean shit.
>>
>>5407769
Hmmm. Possibly. Really depends on where this hypothetical politician stands on a bunch of other stuff.

>>5407773
Um, yeah, that's what I'm saying, lol. No, I don't think the conservative politicians want to genocide the gays. I'm saying to the OP that I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about them trying to repeal gay marriage.
>>
>>5407740
>Well three republican presidential candidates (iirc Huckabee, Santorum, Jindahl)

You can't even spell their names correctly, so it's little wonder that you don't realize these idiots have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of wielding any real power, they're the Martin O'Malley's of the GOP.
>>
>>5407773
Also [spoiler]nice Pulp Fiction reference, you mah nigga[/spoiler]
>>
>>5407784
>that's what I'm saying

You should probably stop, because it's completely ridiculous and just makes you look like a fool.
>>
File: 1437084819318.jpg (81 KB, 272x805) Image search: [Google]
1437084819318.jpg
81 KB, 272x805
>>5407792
>you look like a fool

That's funny, considering that I'm not the one who's completely fucking missing the point of someone else's post.

Also, my fear is legit. They totally would if they could.
>>
>>5407803
>I'm completely fucking missing the point of someone else's post.

Sounds like a real problem.

I hope you get it sorted out.

>Also, my fear is legit.

So you admit that you're 300% delusional.
>>
Trump is basically saying that you need to work your way to the top. He condemns homophobia at workplaces, which is great and what Frank Kameny fought to reach. Some people hate this type of ideology because it tells you that world owes you nothing, you need to take personal responsibility. He won't pat your head for being gay or Mexican or woman, you need to do something.
>>
>>5407760
Democrats tend to favor anti-discrimination protections so you can't be fired or kicked out of your apartment for being trans.
>>
>>5407773
This "genocide" thing is literally a strawman. I've never heard anyone actually say Republicans want to GENOCIDE outside of this thread.
>>
File: 00rs.jpg (60 KB, 779x454) Image search: [Google]
00rs.jpg
60 KB, 779x454
>>5407787
OP asked what gay men are hearing, and I linked some of the stuff I heard. These republican's "real" power, and my ability to spell their names correctly off the top of my head, are irrelevant.
Right now they're the ones making the most noise, and they're the ones making social conservative republicans come off like pic related clones.
>>
>>5407810
>So you admit that you're 300% delusional.
Recognizing that conservatives are homophobic means you're delusional?
>>
>>5407844
>He won't pat your head for being gay or Mexican or woman, you need to do something.

It's too late, we've already bred an entire generation of worthless homos and brownies who think the purpose of the government to kill straight white people, rather than secure some kind of sensible future for all of us.
>>
>>5407900
So are democrats. Sanders is the only one that has done something since 70s. Hillary uses pink vote bait.
>>
>>5407913
Again, see >>5407409. I'd rather have a candidate who merely didn't support gay marriage rather than one who tried to get it banned.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.