[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that /lgbt/ is the most toxic place to be in if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: put_down_your_weapon.jpg (127 KB, 521x372) Image search: [Google]
put_down_your_weapon.jpg
127 KB, 521x372
Reminder that /lgbt/ is the most toxic place to be in if you're trans.
Not even because people are quite hateful, but because trannies themselves keep posting depressive shit all day every day.

This board is mostly mentally ill 20-year old kids who're gonna call me hon just for stating that, so why are you here, anon? /lgbt/ isn't even big or initiative enough to get anything going at all. The informations you get here are at best only half made up, the discussions are nearly always you getting pushed into a corner.

I couldn't think of an easier way to scar yourself mentally. If you crave self harm so much, go eat chili peppers.

Yeah you'll probably never pass and all that, but that's not really what this world is all about. It's what 4chan tells you, so the longer you stay and read all this irrelevant crap, the more you fuck yourself up.

Figured I'll let off some steam cause hardly anyone here even has any surgery experience, and the shit you read all day is pointless and boring. The only thing you'll find here is a huge bubble of self-loathing.

Pic somewhat related.
>>
Thanks OP, been lurking here for 20 minutes and that explains some things.
>>
I totally agree that nothing productive or substantive happens in this board in terms of trans discussion. It's a cess-pool in fact, but somewhat entertaining for nonetheless.
>>
>>5382971
This is the same reason I stopped using tumblr because everyone romanticize being sad because it was cute and made you stronger. I don't know where the sad shit on here is because I don't take any of this site seriously except some other boards.
>>
>>5383082
This might be ignorance on my part and I don't know to what degree, but doesn't a large segment of 4chan glorify depression/isolation/non-productivity? It seems only natural for the trans-extension of that to exist
>>
>>5382971
Meh. It's the only place where you can have an honest discussion. Everywhere else is just hugboxing. It doesn't get better. Hormones won't do shit to your post-puberty male skeleton. Nobody things you're "just like any other girl".
>>
>>5383144
This is also a fair point. The honesty really is nice.
>>
>>5383072
>>5383082
Well, not everyone is mentally hardened enough to take enough distance to just enjoy the entertainment.
I'm willing to bet this board accounts for quite a handful of suicides.

I'm not talking about the sad stuff, but everything you read here leaves you to defend your decision to go through with transitioning. And then you read that TERFs are a thing, perhaps even run into one, people keep telling you if you get SRS noone will want you, based on their opinion alone, coming mostly from gays I'd assume. Then the half a dozen threads a day crying about male features of yours for what purpose really? Learning to live with it is your only choice. List goes on.

>>5383108
You got a point. And the elitism going along with it is pure comedy, tbqh. But it pointlessly harms people.

>>5383144
A honest discussion, okay, but all I see are crybabies, trolls, and people kicking miserable people around. As I said, you'll never pass, but hearing it over and over again like from some high school bully is still counter-productive.
>Nobody things you're "just like any other girl".
Sucks. Now what? It's a fact, we're probably all more or less aware of it, so wtf does rubbing it into everyones face constantly help?
>>
tfw started transitioning at 20 but looked like i was 13 and my hips grew 5 inches x)
>>
File: alicefp.jpg (142 KB, 677x515) Image search: [Google]
alicefp.jpg
142 KB, 677x515
>>5383207
Good for you, then do answer my question. You're either here because your life is still shit or because you like picking on others, I would guess. The fact you post that in a thread like this makes me think you're indeed just here to get a rise out of others.
>>
>>5383174
Terfs have fucked me up worse than my dysphoria ever could have. I pass quite well and don't have much of a problem interacting with people in society as my affirmed gender, but I ultimately feel like I'm deceiving people.

Part of the reason I came here was to try and see if other people felt the same and have an honest conversation about it in a place where there was no need to place so many caveats in the language so as to make it inscrutable.
>>
>>5383236
pretty much. i came here when this board was first created because i was feeling like utter garbage and now my life is a lot better after transitioning. eventually ill probably leave soon because its pretty much the only lgbt-related thing that is in my life right now.
>>
>>5383242
>Part of the reason I came here was to try and see if other people felt the same

Yeah, I kinda do.
>>
>>5383242
>caveats in the language
I agree, thats frustrating as fuck. I don't bother doing that irl either but it does make me seem like a cement head at times. The joy of being raised by punks.

>>5383243
Thats nice, I think I can somewhat relate, although I came here cause of some pic I had saved about self-medding and then I figured I'll rather defeat people's stupid arguments. Sometimes I even get to make someone happy and that's nice.
>>
>>5383174
It is pretty miserable to live with not passing but i suppose that venting about it doesnt lead anywhere. Im all ears for better coping mechanisms that dont involve me going numb
>>
>>5383283
Also where else should i go to read stuff on the internet? Im fond of 4chans format and its hard to cold turkey
>>
I do think sometimes some of us try to talk about dire things because you can here, and you hope better minds will hear you and think of something. I think when we are purely escapist and unrealistic, that's also harmful.

Do I think the toxicity is bad? Yes. It's almost cartoonish I begin overlook it, failing to even notice, and no, I would never open myself up here. I was pretty mad to find out someone I knew years ago was doxxed and well poof, she's gone. (Gratefully tho, she has a life and social facility and I can only imagine will easily move on.) The misery loves company effect is actually even more personal and suffocating on trans boards elsewhere. Here it's slightly better since you can vanish into the aether. I don't know what the ideal solutions are though. I think people do need to get out and realise they can still enjoy things, they aren't all crazy, gain supports without wallowing and creating feedback loops of neediness with each other always wondering why friendships implode. I don't know how you can change an anonymous forum's culture to be conducive to that tho.
>>
>>5383287
It's pretty despised around here, but for infos on surgery for example, Susan's place isn't that bad. Yeah lots of hons around with a profile pic, but it's still the best source I had so far for info on the particular surgeons I'm seeing.

>>5383283
Tbqh ignorance is bliss. People got nothing on you if you enjoy your life anyway. If you don't find happiness in your looks, find something else. The most important about that is the mindset, not the activity. I ate a lot of shit too before I got there.
I find ever so often I get especially frustrated about my looks and try out something new. Doing your eyebrows different or your hair and of course makeup is always gonna be a learning process. I started getting an idea what clothes are advantageous and which are not so much and so on. But I think you can't force it. But with each bit comes a bit more acceptance of yourself.

>>5383297
I don't wanna change this board so much as I'd rather just see people leave it.
>>
>>5383316
I more mean for a general hangout rather than trans specific stuff.

Also thanks for talking genuinely youre a cool gal
>>
>>5382971
"The only thing you'll find here is a huge bubble of self-loathing." Why do you think half of us are on this site? Self-loathing is one of the strongest drugs of all time. In fact, self-loathing is practically what the internet is made for.
>>
>>5383316
I think people do leave, but I also think a lot of trans women like being around other trans women because there is a lot of potential for relatability but it just doesn't work anywhere, beyond a consistently fractured sense. I don't know I find it fun playing certain games with other trans women on discord, and interestingly no, they didn't all sound like men; I tried the discord here and well I got what I predicted.

I do think people are leaving, it's noted in every thread; but there will always be injured and/or frustrated people left behind.
>>
>>5383332
If you're playing games or similar stuff, reddit is alright. When it gets to life issues, probably not so much.
IRC is still kinda alive too. Personally I'm happy with talking to people in skype.
I also play MMOs, so there's nearly always a chat about whatever.
I'm not all too active in online communities, so I don't actually know well. I get what you mean about 4chan's format though, but the people are disgusting most of the time.

>>5383334
And once you figure out to stop doing it, you'll be a bit more happy by default, so catering to that shit is pretty silly.

>>5383356
I get super excited when I meet other trans girls by chance, lol, but I find in a lot of cases they're not really such good company afterall. I grew a bit of dismay towards being around trans people because that in itself reminds me of things I'd rather keep my mind off of, as nice people as they might be.
>>
>>5382971
I have to say that opening aside this has been one of the most honest thread in a long while and I've been here since the beginning of the board. I agree that there is some kind of high school esque pecking order of bullying happening without reinforcing negativity about yourself and your decisions but I have to say I disagree with some of the other points made as well. I honestly came here to get a perspective of the trans aspect since all found previously were late transitions, had to modify my language to weird new political speak of the day or delusional praise from peers [hugbox], this is one of the few places i consider a semblance of a conversation. I'm glad to have see information being strung together such as the help guides and it doesn't look it now but there used to be a thread about the surgeons and their handiwork [not sure what happened to it]. There was also those positivity threads about how "it gets better" and general information of the legal system in countries geared for lgbt individuals. I took some months off and I have to say the topics are vastly different than before so I'm not sure how much has changed since then.
>>
File: 20131212-125719.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20131212-125719.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>5382971
I agree with a lot of that OP.

I'm in my late 20s, and transitioned years ago. I actually pass, and I am down right really pretty if I do say so myself. I'm socially adjusted, have active love life, and am basically just living a fun life like any other 20-something in the first world.

Whenever I post here I am almost always mocked as being a fake, a liar, troll, delusional, hon, etc. because my perspective and experiences are so out of touch with most of this board.

/lgbt/ is just this pathetic and sad echo chamber of toxicity; someplace where a success story is incomprehensible.

>so why are you here, anon?
I sometimes wonder this myself. Despite how annoying what I said above is, I really love the anonymity that I have in this environment. Being an attractive woman gives me a lot of social perks IRL, and especially in geeky environments I get put on a pedestal, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

It's nice to be in an environment where me and everyone else are equal. I realize that this comes at the price of frequently not being taken seriously on this board, but so be it. I don't want to be tripfag and have my photos on 4chan forever, and I don't need or want all the creepy attention that comes with it. I want my anonymity.

I have been a long time 4channer and when this board was made I was cautiously curious, but I have since made it one of my regulars. This is the only place that I can say certain things and maintain certain conversations. Try dealing with the SJW brigade that is Reddit. When I used to post there I would get cyber stalked and cyber bullied by SJW loonies for thought crimes, or using words that hurt their feelings, and the like.

So there's my two cents on the issue. You can't vote me up, or vote me away. Neither my reputation nor my looks will dictate what responses, if any, I will receive. My words are as present and as equal as anyone else's.
>>
>>5383412
I'm >>5383403 and I'd have to say, getting my first glance into lgbt from hate/anti gay groups and tumblr [aren't they're the same lol], I had a pretty warped concept of transgenderism and I'm was surprised a bit to see how chill and mature the other side was during all the political shit flinging. I expected a margin of nonsense posters, ruse masters and plain old trolling but most of the board content [back when it was first made] was a bit more informative, I now now more about the situation going on around and some tips than I knew from tumblr [step one: color hair, step two: get mad at anyone who misgenders you]
>>
>>5383403
I've not been around for long so I never saw those useful threads, sadly. First time I came here was when I put the poo in the loo at my workplace curious about what the hell r9k is supposed to be, then for a long time just had better things to do. Only reason I've been around lately was just because I had too much time. Kinda odd how you only get to do things you like when you're already short on time due to chores.
I can see how such a board would've been helpful, but currently it's simply not like that.

>>5383412
>Try dealing with the SJW brigade that is Reddit. When I used to post there I would get cyber stalked and cyber bullied by SJW loonies for thought crimes, or using words that hurt their feelings, and the like.
Personally I find it quite fun to argue with them. Whatever they say leaves me quite unfazed cause I'm the sorta demography they're supposed to cater to anyway, which is hilarious as hell. I get something out of making them shut up.

>You can't vote me up, or vote me away.
There's certainly a lot of things 4chan has going for it, but I find whenever I'm here my mood eventually drops after I had my hour or so of fun. Personally I don't really mind putting a nickname on the things I say, but tripfagging on /lgbt/ is in a real bad place.
>>
>>5382971
Not trans, gay, but I figure I'd give my two cents anyways.
This is my second favorite 4chan board because: gaygen is delightful (and I actually like gay gen's namefags), lesgen is informative, it's amusing to watch bisexual people get REEEEEEEeee'd at by gays and lesbians, and I actually learned quite a bit more about trans people from just skimming trans threads and watching trans folks interact with each other anonymously.

I have several MtF acquaintances, and an FtM friend IRL. I've probably learned more from /lgbt/ about trans people, trans issues, and how to be a better friend to trans people than I have from just interacting with my trans friend alone. For whatever it's worth all the shit 4chan says on this board has probably made me a better friend to my FtM buddy.
>>
>>5383517
I find bi people in lgbt circles are just the ultimate trolls, lol.

From what I see, people love to jump on ally threads and give advice, but I can't help but feel they do it because it's what they want themselves quite badly. I mean... no surprise a place like this would be particularly good for advice.
It's quite refreshing to see someone not buy into all the trannies are crazy freaks stuff. At least on 4chan.
>>
>>5383566
>I find bi people in lgbt circles are just the ultimate trolls, lol.
heh agreed. It's usually a "haha I never have to come out" post, brags about their sexual conquest, or belittling what other people go through from bi people on this board. IRL bi people are just normal people, but on this board they're biscum.

>people love to jump on ally threads and give advice, but I can't help but feel they do it because it's what they want themselves quite badly.
Pretty much this. My own coming out was complicated, and the few allies I had felt like they made life worth living.
Now helping other /lgbt/ people feel better, or give them advice is like a moral obligation.
>>
File: 1366240721384.jpg (137 KB, 700x974) Image search: [Google]
1366240721384.jpg
137 KB, 700x974
>>5383356
>I also think a lot of trans women like being around other trans women because there is a lot of potential for relatability
Yes, I agree with this too. But it's disappointing that most legbuts aren't as far into transition as myself. It leaves me with few instances where I can have anonymous relatability.

I do have a few Skype friends who I love to pieces and I can relate with, but like I said here >>5383412, I still enjoy the freedom that anonymity allows.

>>5383370
I get super excited when I meet other trans girls by chance, lol, but I find in a lot of cases they're not really such good company afterall.
IKTF anon. I either meet trannies like that, or ones who don't pass super well, and then they always put me on the most uncomfortable pedestal where they idolize me. I try to be humble and submissive in my interactions with others, so being in that sort of dichotomy just makes me skin crawl.

>>5383517
That's awesome dude.
>>
>>5382971
tbf though I only found out about self-medding because of here and would have ended up waiting at least 3 years going legit on the NHS before starting if I hadn't found out, I'm 20 now so a few years could make all the difference
>>
Interesting. I was just telling someone that I believe LGBT to be the best trans site going on the internet. I really mean it.

The info graphics are awesome. The honest conversation that can take place is superior to the nonsense thought police everywhere else.

Transition sucks. It is a sad and scary process. Any site that deals with this in reality will obviously reflect that. Rejection and ridicule is sad.

We as a group face such high rates of depression. Depressed people often lash out.

I do wish there could be more positive.

Be the change you want anon.
>>
>>5382971
M E N T A L
D I S O R D E R
>>
>>5383838
See it is easy to spot and ignore the trolls. Their opinions don't hurt me.
>>
>>5383848
As easy as it is to spot you non-passing hons. :^)
>>
>>5383838
Sometimes I wonder if posters such as yourself look back on your actions where you spent your free time reminding people of a mental disorder. Curious, are you consistent with this behavior on other forums as well, like going on a autism or aspergers forum [a legit one, not 4chan] and spout about how they have a mental disorder in your free time?

I always wondered how it feels to be the guy with the placards irl holding such a sign infront of a medical facility or special needs clinic, do you do it irl as well or does it only stay offline?

I mean, I like ruses but flatly stating mental disorder is pretty zero effort, I mean, is this what passes as trolling on this board now or is it a slow night?
>>
>>5383108
I think that's only /r9k/ users. I think the introverted stuff is not really glorified but everyone on this site is and accepts it and jokingly shames people who aren't but since we're all anonymous, it doesn't matter.
I don't know about the depression part. No one here seems depressed except /r9k/ or not, you can't really tell.
>>
>>5383849
We are indeed easy to spot. hons are so awesome. I am a cute non passing hon though.
>>
>>5383931
Tbh he already shot himself in the foot, considering what I wrote in my OP post.
>>
>>5382971
Word. I considered myself happy living as a twink for months, but after a week of coming here, I was convinced I was in fact a transexual. Now I consider hormones and suicide every day.

I wish I was exaggerating.
>>
>>5382971
I don't know where else to go for trans advice. This is the only place I've found that isn't hon-ville
>>
God damnit, I tried eating chili peppers but I keep coming back
>tfw 1 year HRT and look like Chris Chan
>>
File: 3bf94f1b23a4cfc1.webm (633 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
3bf94f1b23a4cfc1.webm
633 KB, 480x270
>>5384718
Well, that's sad, but this place will do you no good either way.
I mean... what do you wanna hear? It'll get better after another year? No it won't.
If you look like Chris-Chan maybe you should figure out how to lose weight, but this ain't the board for it.

>>5384647
Twinks only last so long anyway until they look like losers.
>Now I consider hormones and suicide every day.
So what, is it one or the other? It won't magically go away if you sit around loathing yourself. Not saying you must take hormones or suicide but if you do literally nothing at all, you best get friends with your status quo. Which would be quite silly, tbqh.

>>5384674
I found way more relevant stuff through google than any particular place built to inform about trans in general. Difference is you gotta know what things you wanna know about.

Webm oddly related.
>>
>>5384763
you ever imagine there are children out there unaware of such things and live their lives in constant self hate over living a role they don't feel right in?
>>
>>5384764
That's pretty much where all of us came from. What's your point?
>>
>>5384763
whoever filmed that was super irresponsible, that panicking cat could have clawed the fuck out of that poor lizard
>>
File: 1441931964311.png (13 KB, 488x360) Image search: [Google]
1441931964311.png
13 KB, 488x360
>>5384771
just thinking too much, lol..
>>
>>5382971

>/lgbt/ is the most toxic place to be if you're trans

Wait until you get to hell....I'm sure you'll change your mind.
>>
>>5384793
Good thing I'm a pantheist and go to other places. Not sure why'd anyone not go to hell going by such numbnuts as you.

>>5384792
Oh okay.
>>
>>5382971

all true
>>
>>5382971
like I understand that it's toxic, but this is the only place I have right now to find answers to things. without this, I wouldn't have realized self medding was an option.
>>
>>5385505
>without this, I wouldn't have realized self medding was an option.

But now you have. What more do you need?
>>
>>5385544
I don't know, contributing things that aren't toxic. I'm like 15 days away from them being delivered. I'm sure there will be more questions that come up then.
>>
>>5382971
>Reminder that /lgbt/ is the most toxic place to be in if you're trans.

That's not even true. as of late the opposite is true.
>>
>>5385575
Trying to get any good info on self medding has been a hopeless endeavor on this board.
What 200mg spiro and 4mg E don't do it for you? Hon! Gtfo! You're crazy! Your low ass E2 levels are perfect! Oh and injections are god tier. Just so you know. Transhelp general on self medding in a nutshell.
>>
>>5385577
If you read the sentence right after that one, no.
There have been a lot of threads lately how legit being trans is in the first place and how at least half of us are just fucked up in the head for various reasons and not even trans. And why we do or dont support feminists and why we're all liberals (apparently) and inevitably dumb for it, and how noone's gonna want you if you get SRS. Etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 960x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 960x953
>>5382971
>>5382971
I've been coming here since the board was made and I've found I feel better the longer I go without coming here. This applies to the rest of 4chan also
>>
>>5383144
>Everywhere else is just hugboxing.
lol you're an idiot. it's possible to have a good life if you take your head out of your ass and get off 4chan.
>>
>>5385695
What's up with that pic? I agree though, this place does drag you down, there's no way to sugarcoat it.
>>
>>5382971
pretty much. all of the sane trans girls leave this cesspit behind them as soon as their transition gains traction. the only ones who stay behind are the failures who choose to wallow in self pity instead of improving themselves like >>5383144
>>
>>5385695
what have you done to your ears
>>
>>5383848

Trolls aren't the issue, at least not directly. There's a whole sea of negativity here which is very counterproductive to any sort of self-improvement. You can pick out the most extreme examples of people obviously intentionally acting like shitheads and say "well obviously they're not serious" but it's not like if you ignore the trolls 4chan everyone else is totally nice and helpful. (To be clear, there are some people on 4chan who are extremely nice. But it requires some really detailed focus to only listen to them.)

Sometimes people get pulled over to the dark side of /pol/, but most of the time, people just wallow in whatever level of self-loathing they're already at. Anything worse than what they already believe they ignore, but things that reaffirm their fears and doubts they listen to.
>>
>>5385755
You've got a point, Anon.
Bye bye for now
>>
>>5385755

Honestly Facebook makes me far more upset and negative than 4chan ever does. I come here to escape social media.

If I want to really feel bad I go to the comments of any lgbt article on Drudge Report.

I understand what you are saying though, but I just don't feel horrible here. Plus I like the funny and or cute pictures.
>>
>>5385806

Yeah, the Internet has lots of different ways to make you feel shitty. And I mean, I haven't left yet. (Although I avoid boards on 4chan I used to post on.)

And yeah, 4chan is good for cute and funny pictures, but without the "le epic meme face" bullshit other places that do that might have. The problem is that what's an appropriate level of cynicism for dealing with memes gets tiring fast when talking about more serious things.
>>
>>5385838

Memes like Cliche and catch phrases are a blight on everything in the modern world.

All media is becoming nothing but lazy echo chambers. Can a serious discussion be had nearly anywhere?

This isn't a 4chan problem. It is a human race modern society problem.
>>
File: 1439665155240-1[1].jpg (68 KB, 1077x648) Image search: [Google]
1439665155240-1[1].jpg
68 KB, 1077x648
>>5383082
>>
>>5382971
Still better than tumblr /trans/.

Because it is seriously depressing over there.

Not a joke, I think I started self harming because of how bad the tumblrinas made me feel.

(Okay, that was mostly a joke)
>>
>>5385755
>the dark side of /pol/
Explain.
>>
>>5386159

She would be sooooo cute without the mustache :( whyyyy..
>>
>toxic
fuck off with your buzzwords OP.
>>
File: 1449899409465.gif (189 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1449899409465.gif
189 KB, 255x320
>>5389661
>buzzwords
Okay, but you first.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.