[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.eje-online.org/content/1 55/suppl_1/S107.abstract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2.png (22 KB, 343x288) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
22 KB, 343x288
http://www.eje-online.org/content/155/suppl_1/S107.abstract
Apparently, MTF HRT decreases brain volume?
>>
>>5380877
White matter, pruning might sometimes increase efficiency. No major effects what so ever at any rate.
>>
>>5380887
" . . . the
effects were not specific for gray (neurons, glia) or white
(myelinated axonal fibers) matter . . ."
Where did you see white matter specific pruning? Also, I agree that it can definitely increase efficiency. Its just curious, especially when the article is suggesting that the reduction is somewhat indiscriminate (medial brain structures surrounding ventricles)
>>
>>5380877
Could be because all 40-year-old and over trannies are fucking idiots.
>>
Women have smaller brain:body mass ratios. HRT feminizes the brain just like it does the rest of the body
>>
>>5384000
Did you even look at the chart?
>>
>>5384000
trips can't lie, HRT is actively smushing your brain
>>
>>5384077
The chart shows the change in volume, not total. Read the entire article, >>5384000 is stating the same explanation given by the article.
>>
>>5380877
Ah, is it a "lol trannies BTFO" faggot that decided to actually read up on the science?
>>
File: 1449898045708.gif (2 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1449898045708.gif
2 MB, 512x288
>>5380877
Well, obviously. They are becoming women so they have to become as retarded as one.
>>
>>5385336
I don't mind tbqh, Maybe thats the reason I'm happier afterall.
>>
>having a bigger brain means you're smarter!
how dumb can you get
>>
>>5380877
Well I only skimmed it but were they actually measuring mass (number of axons/neurons/glia etc) or just volume? I mean it could just as well be increased csf growing the ventricles and compressing the periventricular area without any actual reduction in mass. Now men usually have more csf so that's probably not an explanation, but an measure of csf contents, pressure etc would have been interesting
>>
>>5385714
They were measuring volume. The interesting part is what is quoted here >>5380934

I think you definitely have the right idea about some general anatomical changes occurring and that is mentioned as well. There is definitely a loss in white/gray matter as well. However, one important part is that a lot of the decrease in volume took place around the hypothalamus (lots of sex hormone receptor containing neurons) and it is mentioned that it could be that the other decreases in volume (white/gray) could be attributed to the fact that these types of neurons are found throughout the brain.

I think this should definitely be further investigated though. If there is a definite loss in white/gray matter, then it would be nice to see if this loss could be attributed specifically to sex-hormone receptor containing neurons (truly in order to feminize the brain). Currently, it looks like its only speculated.

I don't think its comforting that the only sure evidence is that some brain volume is lost around areas x,y, and z. It is obviously not an effect that should be overlooked when prescribing someone HRT.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.