[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things/people that really piss you off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: 1426802659495.jpg (181 KB, 531x531) Image search: [Google]
1426802659495.jpg
181 KB, 531x531
> Be in college lgbt group.
> The group helps with an outreach program to a local highschool.
> We essentially provide help to lgbt kids in this highschool.
> Doing an exercise where everyone sits in a circle, sorta like AA, and talks about when they realized they were lgbt, how it's affected them, what they would like to see change in their lives related to their orientation.
> All the kids going turn after turn, pretty standard stuff.
> 16 year old MtF next.
> Kids on hormones obviously. Looks pretty cute.
> First thing out of kid's mouth is " I'm not trans, or anything else. "
> " I just want to be cute. "
> " And people treat me more nicely. "
> " Like, you don't even understand, since I started hormones a year ago, everyone is so much nicer, and I'm like twenty times as popular now that most people think I'm a girl. "
> Ask how he got hormones saying things like that.
> Prepaid credit card and internet.
> Ask what his parents thing.
> Mom doesn't care, and he threatened to call the cops on his father if he got kicked out.
> One person mentions what he's doing is illegal.
> He mentions another kid, who is trans, is essentially doing the same thing. It's where he got the idea. He threatened to essentially rat her out if we fucked with him.
> " You don't get to tell me what to do with my body. What's wrong with wanting to be pretty anyways? If I really really wanna be a girl, you'll support me, but if I want to be pretty, well I'm fucked? Nah fuck you. "
> Tell him if he continues he's going to experience severe dysphoria.
> " I have fucking tits. I don't look anything like a boy anymore. I've never felt dysphoria. I think it's a hyped up lie like repressed memories. Shrinks and activists use it for sympathy and legitimacy. "

The teachers, nor my college group, have any idea what to do about him. All I know is that I have never been angrier with a person in my life, let alone a child.
>>
>>5379589
He's right, you know.
>>
He sounds like a cool and sensible person.
Stop trying to force your made-up medical conditions on a poor boy for wanting to be cute
>>
>>5379589
i do the same i cant stand girls but i like how much cuter i look now
>>
Sounds like a whole bunch of nobody's business but his.
>>
>"Like, you don't even understand, since I started hormones a year ago, everyone is so much nicer, and I'm like twenty times as popular now that most people think I'm a girl. "
Does it piss you off that he said this, or the fact that we live in such society where one has to do that to get acceptance? The materialistic, shallow world pisses me off as well. But I don't attack people for that. All I can do is show them kindness and compassion and that you are worth more than that. But if one gets happiness from being cute, who am I to judge them or force my values on them?
>>
>>5379589
Smart kid. If they pass, then who cares. It's only the types that look like weirdo men that give us a bad reputation. Don't hate because you're jealous.
>>
I don't really see an issue with this, lol
>>
>i'm not trans or anything else
>i just want to be cute

I mean i dont have a problem with it, but if he's not trans or anything else, would he really want to look like a girl, and go to a LGBT meeting?
>>
>>5379743
Because he likes being (seen as) a girl.

From the sounds of it, it was his teachers that wound up referring him to the group.
>>
>>5379750
Isnt that what being trans is...
>>
File: 1426816405861.png (4 KB, 160x140) Image search: [Google]
1426816405861.png
4 KB, 160x140
I can't donate blood to save peoples' lives just for being gay.
>>
>>5379589
I wish i had the guts and knowledge that kid has. Too late for me now.
>>
>>5379778
Not anyone's problem but his anymore. If in twenty years he still feels that he's a man living as a woman, seen and known as a woman by all his associates, friends, and relations, a wife and adoptive mother of 3, with a healthy neo-vagina (because it's cuter), that's still his business.

Just because I'm sure he's trans doesn't mean I have any right to dictate his identity. It's how we wish others would treat us; we should naturally extend the same courtesy.
>>
>i'm not trans or anything else
>i just want to be cute

This kid is showing us all that the emperor wears no clothes.
>>
>>5379796
Fair enough, i wouldnt try to force it on him anyway, i've said some shit on this board and everyone's tried to ram it down my throat and say im trans and it just feels bad

I wouldnt actually do it to him, i was just wondering
>>
>>5379801
He's not showing much of anything. He doesn't really need to.
>>
>>5379801
To be fair im on hormones because i want to look feminine and it boosts my confidence, but i dont honestly think i'll ever transition, too much hassle, and so i dont really consider myself trans

Is it really so unrealistic that someone would want to look feminine and cute and feel good about themselves without hating being a boy or their genitals or desperately wanting to actually be a girl
>>
>>5379820
This. If i knew then what i know now i would have done the same thing in my teens.
>>
>>5379820
No. We already know that there are degrees and types of dysphoria. If the only thing bugging a person is having a too-masculine body, why should they socially transition, or get surgery?

Our gatekeepers want us all to be cardboard cutouts of the "ideal trans person" before they'll do anything at all for us, and we get hung up on that, but there's no one "true" identity or experience.
>>
>>5379589
>> " I have fucking tits. I don't look anything like a boy anymore. I've never felt dysphoria. I think it's a hyped up lie like repressed memories. Shrinks and activists use it for sympathy and legitimacy. "
MtFtAiden incoming desu.
>>
"I just want to look cute..."

Taking hormones to look a certain way is illegal. I mean, if it's steroids to look big and muscle. If we call it "Performance enhancing drugs" and apply to weight lifters suddenly it's completely wrong, but if you wanna be more feminine it's fine?

The biggest difference I see between the two (argument wise) is that using steroids to get an advantage at football has a lot more impact than using estrogen to get cuter, but ultimately in both cases aren't you just injecting yourself with hormones so you can have others perceive you a certain way?

That being said, if you're okay with a dude pumping himself full of steroids in addition to a dude pumping himself full of estrogen to be cute, I obviously have no argument with you. Only disagreement, and not the kind that debate is going to change.

Oh, if you're looking for my opinion with regards to a "Well if your kid..." scenario the answer is simple: I won't allow my kids to do anything that increases their chances of cancer while I still have legal authority over their decisions. When their an adult, it's their choice, I can't do anything about it, and it's their responsibility. However, when it's a child everything they do is ultimately the parent's responsibility. Little Jimmy in OP is injecting himself with a known carcinogen (Specifically in regards to prostate cancer) over what might turn out to literally be teenage angst. I cannot support that.

:Shrug: But hey that's just mostly my opinion man, if you're fine with teenagers pumping themselves full of chems for body image reasons, cancer be damned, I'm not going to tell you how to raise your kids.
>>
I'm like this kid I think. I never had the balls to actually be open about it though.
>>
Kid sounds way too based for his age desu
>>
>>5379780
That pissed me off once too.
But then I just said "fuck it" and refuse to donate anything at all.
>>
File: 1444332010426.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1444332010426.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>5379589
Fuckin' alpha for a cuteboy.
>>
>>5379876
I'm fine with the rest of that (excepting the sports - testosterone connection, which I feel the committees regulating have every right to dictate who can and cannot participate), but you're a bit off on the cancer details.

The young man in OP's story is at elevated risk of breast cancer, and dramatically reduced risk of prostate cancer.
>>
I will never understand people who take hormones for shallow reasons whether they're legit trans or not. While I don't judge people who go to plastic surgeries either, I just don't understand it. The way the South Koreans are obsessed with their looks, I think it's creepy and I'd rather not have that kind of culture here. You are willing to go that far for cute face? I find it sad, our society is like this.
>>
>>5380084
Unfortunately that is how it is. Men are shamed for being bald,short, or having a small penis. Women are shamed for their breast size.
>>
>>5380084
Bringing beauty into the world is one of the highest aspirations a human being can have. Hide in a cave and die you hideous troll.
>>
>>5380084
I'm a canvas, I'd like to paint something pretty for others to see.
>>
>>5380227
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
>>
>>5380246
There is no God from which such a will might originate. There is no supernature. Your subconscious longings are no more fit to shape the world than some other person's will.
>>
>>5379589
kek
>I have not experienced X therefore X isnt real
Reminds me of people who say depression isnt real, or isnt bad because they've never personally experienced it. Or better yet where theyve been a bit sad, but not suicidal therefore being depressed isnt that bad.
>>
>>5379876
Steroids are only illegal because the U.S. Is retarded, pretty much every single respected medical association believe they should be legal
>>
File: legalize it.jpg (24 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
legalize it.jpg
24 KB, 236x354
>>5380443
>>
How dare a cis male try to appropriate some female privilege.
>>
>>5380488
>How dare a cis male illegally acquire medication he has no need for and threaten his father all so he can be attractive and popular because he is vain and manipulative
FTFY
>>
>>5379589
Fuck you, the "transier-than-thou" crowd like you bitching about "fetishists" and people who "aren't really trans" are the worst. He has a way he wants to look and an identity he wants, let him achieve that for himself without you looking down on him for not being as dysphoric and suicidal in his birth body as you. Everyone on every spot of the spectrum of wanting to look like or be the other gender should be allowed to make themselves the way they want and not be made to feel shit about it. This is why I hate the modern tumblr LGBT community, they shame people just as much as the society they criticize, except for not being radical enough; it's the exact same thing and it's just as bad. People just wanting to be the way they want to be shouldn't have to have you stonewall-generation matriarchs breathing down their backs over not being involved in "muh struggle," which you know is what you're really getting pissed off about here.
>>
>>5379876
>loading teens up with concoction after concoction of anti depressants to treat ADHD and clinical depression under the supervision of a psycharist

A-okay!

>Personal decision to load yourself up with hormones [estrogen] to treat poor self image . Even alluding the fact that he may have visited shrinks and other peer support groups who are trying to force him into a "real trans box"

Illegal, harmful, cancerous, rebellious. Did estrogen become more dangerous than literal hallucinogenic drugs?
>>
>>5380502
You realize it is illegal to kick a minor out of your house?

Also I am sorry that society treats female bodies better than male bodies. Its not his fault for trying to capitalize on the injustice.
>>
>>5380545
>You realize it is illegal to kick a minor out of your house?
Yeah and when they hear why, I'm pretty sure the police will be after the kid not the parents
>>
>>5380581
>I'm sure they'll only worry about the one aspect of this that I'm being an autist over
Ok then
>>
>>5380581
>homelessness,neglect and parental irresponsibility > over the counter hormones which doesn't need a prescription, self medding.

I'll like to see that hold up in court.
>>
>>5380599
>call them an autist
>win the argument :^)

Also "Hello officer, yes I did try to kick my son out of my house. But before you reach for those cuffs, you ought to know, it was because he is illegally acquiring and taking medication he has no need of on my premises. Yes, his room is up the stairs, first on the right"

GG

>>5380610
Read the above
>over the counter hormones which doesn't need a prescription
Except no, because he is still getting them illegally. It even states that in OP's post. You sir, are a tard.
>>
>>5379589

This post makes me so sad. I had my first checking account with debit card at 17 (and could've gotten one even earlier), but I only started transition now at 20. The past six years have been so influential in my development because they were the most powerful of my years of puberty, and it's funny in a sad way to think I could have cut that period in half or less if I had been more knowledgeable.

I don't hold anything against the kid in your story or find anything wrong with what they are doing, though the legitimacy of threatening their father may be a bit questionable. But it seems it had to be done.

As for things that make me mad, I can't think of any.
>>
Just sounds like a smart man, to me. He realizes, even at a young age, that western society is a bunch of beta, sex-deprived pussy-worshipers, so he's just setting himself up early to get ahead in life.
Only fear I have is people seeing his huge balls under his skirt, from their view underneath him on the social ladder.
>>
>>5380722
I know people don't think much of the police, but I think most officers anywhere outside of somewhere like Western Texas would take one look at the boobieson and see a shitstorm coming. Only choice - call child protective services to sort it out, and then retire to the local dive bar to drink the pain away.
>>
>>5380937
>people seeing his huge balls under his skirt
Sounds pretty hot
>>
>>5380301
Nihilism and atheism are honestly more absurd than any spiritual belief
>>
>implying that the majority of transwomen that were feminine gay boys pretransition actually felt dysphoria
>>
>>5380722
Hormones are illegal to acquire in the states without a prescription? I assume the self medding was the illegal part since you are taking drugs you may or may not need and can cause harm if not checked out by a doctor and worse for the parent as they will be blamed for any injury that was resulted from it. You guys are some authoritarians.
>>
>>5381056
Americans are pretty odd when it comes to pills, plants, and guns.
>>
It's going to be interesting to see these kind of people 20 years from now
>>
>>5380937
SOMEBODY ACKNOWLEDGE MY POIGNANT, SEXY, ENTHRALLING MANNER OF WRITING, GODDAMMIT.

>>5380976
He's 16.

OP, he's straight, right?
>>
>>5381067
>He's 16.
I assumed you were talking about the future, but whatever.
>>
This kid is trans though.

He's transhumanist. Transhumanists are very pro-body modding. As medical tech advances this is going to get bigger and bigger, and the lack of dysphoria they experience is going to be a blow to the narrative of transgendered people. I'm kind of worried about it desu.
>>
>>5381078
>I'm kind of worried about it
Why?
>>
>>5381078
Don't worry, they'll be swinging next to the niggers, faggots and kikes on the day of the rope
>>
>>5381009
How so? If we're talking about the actual ideologies instead of the modern bastardizations I don't see how.
>>
>>5381078
I never got why transhumanism has to be some android-esque direction, what's wrong with a "bio" version which is basically intentional genetic and prenatal manipulation? I find the idea of slapping the newest version of "leg 2.0" be awfully expensive in the long run.
>>
>>5381115
I think their vision extends about as far as fifteen minutes into the future.
>>
>>5379829
same...

>>5379843
row row fight the power
>>
>>5381111
It's an abject rejection of everything that makes us human
>>
>>5381090
Because then s/he won't have "muh struggle" to unite his/her identity around.
>>
The child mentions repressed memories as a hyped up lie. He also mentions how he never felt dsyphoria but I'm wondering what would have happened if he didn't seek hormones a year ago...
>>
Is it misogynistic for men to want female privlege and be treated as such? :^)
>>
>>5381186
It seems to assume that everything ever done by any man is misogynistic. Same with you asking this question. You pig.
>>
>>5381199
*Seems safe to assume
>>
>>5381199
It was in relation to op and how a boy feels happier being treated as a women. I'm also curious if the child uses male bathrooms and is called he in the classroom or not... doesn't matter though its just a hypothetical discussion on an event that may be real or not
>>
>>5381186
Ask tumblr
>>
>>5381137
A belief in fairies does not a human make.
>>
>everybody either agreeing with or not caring about the kid in OP's story

Dark times, man, dark times...
>>
>>5379589
You know, I'd bet that kid has been teased and harassed heavily for being trans, and doesn't want anything to do with the label. I don't blame her.

I'm saying this as a transwoman who has spent over 6 months in the hospital due to how badly she was treated by those around her.
>>
>>5381279
what the kid is doing is not wrong and is also not uncommon
>>
>>5381137
Thats just yourpersonal opinion. Purely from a definitional standpoint thats not an objective truth.
>>
File: 1425301134748.png (70 KB, 461x395) Image search: [Google]
1425301134748.png
70 KB, 461x395
>>5379589

I don't see anything wrong with this, sounds like he just learned the joys of female privilege early on in life and decided to cash in on it.
>>
>>5381300
its a largely held belief among the majority of humanity
>>
>>5380502

>all so he can be attractive and popular because he is vain and manipulative

Are we sure he isn't trans? Because he sounds exactly like a woman.
>>
this thread seems to imply that it is okay to transition if your in it for personal gains but could just as well live on as a guy but not if you actually have a medical condition that needs treatment.
is this bigotry? i feel like i should expected this outcome
or is everyone assuming he's trans and got lucky with dysphoria so far?
>>
Most likely result is he later realizes he's trans and was still in denial even though he found a rationale to start transition anyways. The shit about "I'm not trans and I want to transition for my own reasons but I hrt isn't causing me dysphoria and I don't mind the gynecomastia" is typical teenage retardation attention whorism and he will likely grow out of it. I'd say 99% chance he identifies as trans before 25. I'm only using male pronouns out of respect for his current choice of identity btw.
>>
>>5381337
>>5381354
Lets wait and see, shall we?
>>
>>5381324
G O D D A M N
O
D
D
A
M
N
>>
>>5381279
Why yes everyone is a spineless, unconfident, piece of work who can't stand by a decision for better or for worse. I find it way worse how anons socialize on this board through either thinly veiled insults or outright advocating for unhealthy perspective on themselves and society.
>>
>>5381358
i'm>>5381337
i didn't comment on wether he's trans or not. i was talking about the attitudes expressed in this thread about what are valid reasons to transition.
>>
>>5381316
>ad populum
Into the trash it goes
>>
File: gay_man469x625.png (355 KB, 469x625) Image search: [Google]
gay_man469x625.png
355 KB, 469x625
>>5381324
>>5381366

it's like you guys never met a fag before.
>>
>>5381386
Transitioning is a personal matter though. If he changes his mind latter on his knows the consequences, its his decision entirely.
>>
>>5379589
What he's doing is fine, self determination bodily autonomy and all that, what he's saying at an LGBT support group is fucked up especially if there are people in the group dealing with dysphoria.

>>5381137
If nihilism bothers you so much, then just read Camus.
Disbelief in deities doesn't make someone inhuman, and secular humanism is one of the most common ideologies held by atheists based upon the promotion and celebration of humanity.

>>5381316
see ad populum fallacy.
>>
>>5381426
that's completely missing the point i was talking about. i was talking about what are socially acceptable reasons to transition. that kid is wildly supported for his "unconventional" reasons whereas here on 4chan you usually see people condemning transitioning for medical reasons.
>>
>OMG whyyy do u kare its HER lyfe ok??? let ppl do wat dey want u old-fashend big0t!!1
5 years later...
>THE WORLD'S SO FUCKED UP, INEPT, ASS-BACKWARDS AND RETARDED! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TRY TO STOP THIS????

>inb4 a literal dumbass goes IT'S JUST ONE PERSON DUMMY
>>
Smart kid. At least he didn't go the female brain route and his intentions are honest.

"I want to transition because I am a woman trapped in a man's body"
Lol you are not, fuck off sir.
>>
>>5379589
This kid sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>5381280
how bad were you treated? were you assaulted or something?
>>
>>5381477
its usually professional doctors because they're more experienced or something and don't want to risk someone harming themselves. its all psuedo sceicne anyway theres a shit load of studied but theres nothing definitive.
>>
>>5381477
> I was talking about what are socially acceptable reasons to transition.

It's not socially acceptable to consider transitioning if we are going by society standards. The kid clearly got over their "repressed memories" as alluded in their boost in confidence and ability to function and socially integrate in society, I'd say it definitely was a medical fix, however dumb it was or do you think everyone takes drugs to function then I got some news for you.

>>5381481
How about actually making a case instead of stating things that wasn't said. Also applying your logic, nobody isn't supposed to do anything that falls outside your society values unless approved by "appointed moral police" which I'm sure you'd be eager to apply. A transgender or the entire transgender trying to fuck up the world would be a laughably fun case in how little they are considered in any population "for the greater good" decisions. See any other country that isn't your backyard for a reality check.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>5379792
This. Too bad I ended up a weirdo man the trans community would be ashamed of if I came out and start living as a woman.
>>
>>5380937
Are you kidding me, the kids a manipulative cunt. Threatening his father is one thing, but threatening to throw an actual trans person under the bus so he doesnt have to give up being a vain faggot is pretty bad.
>>
>>5381137
Trooooooll
>>
>>5381499
>assaulted
Twice. Once for being a very feminine boy, and the second time when crossdressed. BTW, I passed very well.

in a survey 87% of transgender youth reported being physically harassed (pushed or shoved) in school by peers, and 26% reported physically assaulted (e.g.,
punched, kicked, or injured with a weapon) by peers.
>>
>>5381651
sp what?
>>
>>5381887
if you passed well and still got assaulted was the attacker someone you knew?
>>
>>5381887
>and 26% reported physically assaulted (e.g.,
punched, kicked, or injured with a weapon) by peers.

Almost got killed in middle school when the bullies from my class shoved me in front of a bus and I barely managed to stumble out of its path.
>>
>>5381913
Don't know. I woke up in he hospital with no memory of the attack or what lead up to it.
>>
>>5379595
>>5379724
>>5379743
>>5379792
>>5379820
>>5379886
>>5379893
>16 year old demands everyone accept his desire to be female
>"Din du nuffin"
>56 year old demands everyone accept his desire to be female
>"Freak"
>>
>>5379589
EITHER this kid wants to be just completely genderfluid and doesn't really realize it, which is fine,
OR they are in denial about being trans regardless of the acted indifference and then that's bad, but it would be worse for someone to tell them to stop doing what they are doing because they're "doing it wrong".

Why not accept people just for what they can be?
>>
>>5381651
yea but he looks cute n pretty so who cares ur just mad ur ugly lel
>>
>>5379780
A Dutch blood bank (Sanguine or smth) has "conceded" and since recently allows gay men to donate blood as long as they haven't had sex with another man in at least a year. That would've pissed me off in the past, but when I first heard about it I just thought it was funny more than anything.
Point is, learning to laugh things off has done wonders for my blood pressure.
>>
>>5381651
What actual trans person was thrown under the bus? Oh right the nonexistent "but this affects someone somewhere!" trans person. We don't know shit from OPs story who can't contain their anger because they're not savvy nor ballsy enough to grasp their will to be feminine from their parents. I guess "mommy and daddy knows best" is what is going to keep you down and repressed from doing any shit.
>>
File: NSCS_infographic_FINAL3.jpg (2 MB, 1000x3000) Image search: [Google]
NSCS_infographic_FINAL3.jpg
2 MB, 1000x3000
>>5379589
Please read this:
http://www.glsen.org/article/2013-national-school-climate-survey
>>
>>5379589
...So you're pretty much a bitter hon or something, angry that a 16 year old gets to be pretty even though he isn't TruTrans? Cuz that's the vibe I'm getting.

Honestly it's laughable how so many people in the "LGBT community" demand acceptance and tolerance and all those nice things, but when something is slightly against their specific opinions, suddenly all that goes out the window.
>>
>>5382676
>1st world discrimination

And how many of them ended up hospitalized after getting a beating?

How many of them had rocks and fireworks thrown at them?

How many of them were spat on and insulted at daily basis?
>>
I wish I was him desu.

This thread makes me really jealous and frustrated and sad ;__;

>tfw i wanted to transition when I was 16 but wasn't able to
>>
>>5382153
No Bra is a pretty good read, I recommend
>>
>>5379589
>get BTFO by a 16 y/o
>come to 4chan expecting sympathy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>5382153
>ugly incompetents deserve the same treatment as people who can pull it off

Nah. You seem like the kind of person who thinks participation trophies for loser sports teams are a good idea.
>>
>>5379780
Honestly, unless you're a flaming homosexual or you know you have HIV or some sort of STD that can be passed on from your blood just lie to them and donate anyways... that shit only came to light because of the HIV scare and should have then and should now be labeled as discrimination..

I'm surprised nobody has attempted to sue these places yet
>>
>>5379589
So he likes being a girl and isn't playing the muh dysphoria special snowflake role and making big fucking deal about it. You gotta get your jimmies rustled?
>>
>>5382404
>thinking its wrong for non trans people to take hormones and manipulate others makes you ugly

>>5382502
Are you genuinely retarded?
You went on this whole rant...and youre wrong from the get go.
>the nonexistent
Nope. Read OP
>One person mentions what he's doing is illegal.
>He mentions another kid, who is trans, is essentially doing the same thing. It's where he got the idea. He threatened to essentially rat her out if we fucked with him
Oh look. A kid who is genuinely trans who this guy will happily throw under the bus so he can continue being vain and manipulative.

Calm your luscious man titties and learn to read
>>
>>5382700
>person who doesnt have a medical condition takes the medication for said condition and essentially lets people think he has that condition (unless confronted about it) because he wants so be attractive and popular
>U GUIZ JUS DONT LYKE PPL WHO R DIFFRNT! :(
>>
>>5383438
Not the same guy, but the kid doesn't want to be forcibly taken of hormones since he's probably technically taking it without a proper prescription. I mean it's not nice to threaten to out someone else, but it's understandable.

>>5383451
There's literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>5379589
To the tards defending this kid: how is he any different to transtrenders pretending to be trans for the attention it gets them?
>>
>>5383461
Because he actually makes an effort to appear and present himself as a girl. Honestly, it's more likely that the kid is in some sort of weird denial than anything else.
>>
>>5383455
>probably technically taking it without a proper prescription
Already established. Can no one in this thread read? If he had a prescription it wouldnt be illegal.

>I mean it's not nice to threaten
You dont say. Either way, his reasoning is irrelevant, my point was, and still is, he's a manipulative little cunt.

He isnt trans, he doesnt feel dysphoria, he has no need for the hormones, which he is obtaining illegally, but if anyone does anything about it, he's going to fuck up someone else's life too, not because they did anything to him, but just to spite the people that snitched. Its pretty fucked up, especially considering the other kid has a much more legitimate reason for doing it than this faggot, who literally just likes attention
>>
>>5383486
Why is it wrong for him to take hormones for selfish reasons?
>>
>>5383474
>Honestly, it's more likely that the kid is in some sort of weird denial than anything else.
What unbelievable cognitive dissonance allows you to think someone in denial would be transitioning? Usually someone i denial avoids the thing theyre denying, they dont do it and act like theyre doing it for other reasons
>>
>>5383492
Did I say that? Or did I actually say he has a less legitimate reason for taking them than an actual trans person who's life he's threatened to fuck up if people interfere with him wanting attention?
Yep, it was the 2nd one. Wow reading comprehension sure is hard.
>>
>>5383495
You're telling me that any typical guy is going to be perfectly ok with having tits and looking feminine and pretty? If he's not technically trans, he's like 90% of the way there.
>>
>>5383506
Why is his reason less legitimate? He said the other kid was doing the same thing.
>>
>>5383507
He said he likes the the way people treat him. My guess is this goes on for a couple more years, then he grows the fuck up, isnt in high school any more and realises he done goofed. Probably too late by then and he'll stick with it though.
>>
>>5383511
Yes, he also said the other kid is actually transgender. Are you seriously failing to see how a transgender person taking hormones is more legitimate than a guy taking hormones for attention?
>>
>>5383528
I'm asking why you think it's less legitimate. Why can't the kid control his body in the way he pleases?
>>
>>5383523
The dude has tits and probably looks nothing like a boy; if he regretted it, it would have happened already.
>>
>>5383538
Sure, and why cant he take chemo therapy if he pleases? Hell, why cant he wear a military outfit if he pleases? People should just stfu and let this kid do what he wants
>>
>>5383438
Anyone who self medicating is by definition taking drugs based on a self diagnosis of their health, whether he is taking it for his health or aesthetics doesn't change the fact that he is self medicating as in without a doctor supervision or diagnosis from a therapist. Are you also being this stringent on trans people who also self medicating for what I can argue are aesthetic purposes as well or is there is special rule to omit them? Btw nice try on how you try to blame the kid for "throwing trans under the bus" when he learned it from a trans person himself, who should also be in trouble with the law for taking drugs not prescribed to him, but I guess there are different legalities for trans and people who you don't like right?
>>
>>5383543
Not while he's getting the benefits from it. God you people are thick. He literally said he does it because people treat him nicer and he's more popular. Thats the fucking issues of every high schooler. Then they grow up, stop caring as much about how popular they are, realise most of their pathetic high school dramas were exaggerated, and move on
>>
>>5383569
Anybody can put on a military uniform, I have no idea what you're on about.

Forcibly taking this kid off of hormones would completely ruin his life even if we assume he experiences zero dysphoria; he'll start growing facial hair and getting manly while having tits and would just look awkward.

>>5383578
Seriously? You don't think this guy enjoys looking feminine at presenting as a girl in and of itself at all? You're saying he literally does it for only the attention. Absurd.
>>
>>5383572
>based on a self diagnosis of their health
>he is taking it for his health or aesthetics
You literally debunk yourself with your first sentence.
Well he isnt taking it for health. Because he isnt trans. He is however taking it for aesthetics, because its making him more popular.
But you said anyone who self med's does it for health so...? Guess he's either not self medding, or he's not doing it for a legitimate reason.
> Are you also being this stringent on trans people who also self medicating for what I can argue are aesthetic purposes
Actually, as it happens I think people should have to get a diagnosis. I can see why people self med, but I disagree with informed consent.
But to your point, it isnt aesthetic if its driven by dysphoria, its health. Argue what you want, you'd be wrong.

>Btw nice try on how you try to blame the kid for "throwing trans under the bus"
Oh, Im sorry, is it not wrong of him to threaten to fuck up the life of someone who's done nothing to him, just so people wont interfere with his vanity?

Take a step back from trying to defend him for 5 seconds and see the kid is a fucking sociopath. He wants to be attractive and popular, and is happily manipulating those around him and making threats to scare anyone who would stop him getting his own way.
>>
>>5383636
>this kid is obviously a sociopath from OP's greentext story
Armchair psychologist alert.
>>
>>5383578
Not the anon you're replying to but we are that ones not getting it? Show me this going conspiracy of males wanting to look and be perceive as women for all it's positive attention and worth, no really this is your logic here that there are men wanting to look like a woman and to be perceive a woman. You clearly have spent enough time on this board if you think that's an actual happening.

As for your hang up on the boy modifying his body with drugs to achieve his aesthetic preference, do you get this preachy about women using make up as well as taking drugs to increase bust and butt sides [homeopathic or otherwise]? What about transmen who take steroids, regular gym goers as well who want that muscle definition for nothing more than looks. How about those people who go for cosmetic surgery when nothing was wrong with their faces but their own self perception. Oh right I forgot you got a hard on to hate on this person because you don't like what he did nor his cocky attitude but the trans girl gets a pass because "she's got a real reason" that's not how the law works, illegal is illegal.
>>
>>5383594
> I have no idea what you're on about.
Yes, Im sure you dont. Because you have never heard of anyone pretending to be a veteran, and my use of language was just too vague in the context of 'people pretending to be something theyre not for preferential treatment' that you just couldnt figure it out.

> he'll start growing facial hair and getting manly while having tits and would just look awkward.
Wow, sounds like something he should have thought of before hand. Oh wait, he DID think of that when he threatened to call the police on his father, and then threatened to get some trans kid arrested too.
Cant be helped that his own bad decision might fuck up his life, it is entirely on him.

>You don't think this guy enjoys looking feminine at presenting as a girl in and of itself at all?
He blatantly enjoys the treatment it gets him, but he quite obviously has no issue with people referring to him as a boy or knowing he is a boy considering when pressed even slightly on the issue he immediately reveals he's not trans and is just doing it for attention.
It isnt remotely absurd. Dumb kid decides he'd get treated better if he was more attractive and figures out a way to achieve that. He'll regret it when he's older
>>
>>5383647
What do you call it when someone is willing to take hormones to be more popular and threatens to call the police and ruin other's lives when people seem like they might get in his way?
>>
>>5383636
> it isnt aesthetic if its driven by dysphoria, its health. Argue what you want, you'd be wrong.

>I stole from the bank but I'm using it to feed my children

>therefore it is no longer illegal that I stole money from the bank because it went into a productive cause

Holy shit are we at this point?

>Oh, Im sorry, is it not wrong of him to threaten to fuck up the life of someone who's done nothing to him, just so people wont interfere with his vanity?

The only reason he has this type of hold is because as you failed to realise the other person activity is also illegal but don't let the law get in way of your mob lynching of the kid.

>Take a step back from trying to defend him for 5 seconds and see the kid is a fucking sociopath.

>I'm handing out medical diagnosis to a person because he is mean as fuck

It's not illegal to be mean, he's an asshole, yes but it's not illegal [yet] to be an asshole and nice try to put words in my mouth that I'm defending the boy rather than pointing out your hypocrisy.
>>
>>5383651
>All these socially acceptable things are okay, but as soon as you involve the law and medical conditions suddenly its not black and white!
Wow its almost as if there's nuance isnt it? Crazy.
I'd object to any retard who illegal obtains medication for a condition they dont have because they like its effects.
Tell me, would you object to him getting himself some morphine because he just loves how it feels? Its obtained illegally, and intended for a condition he doesnt have, but hey, its his body right? People should leave him alone. And fuck, if he threatens to call the police on his father, or on a friend who is illegally getting morphine to treat a condition they actually have, well thats just fine and dandy too.
>>
>>5383662
>>5383672
Wow, we went into completely ridiculous conjecture territory here.

So you literally believe that at no point when this guy decided to pop the pills did the thought "I want to look pretty" cross his mind? In other words, he's literally only doing it for social reasons and nothing personal or vain.

>Cant be helped that his own bad decision might fuck up his life, it is entirely on him.
It's okay to fuck up this kid's life just because he has a cocky attitude?

In short, you believe this kid to be some sort of extreme sociopath based off of a vague story given by OP which is ridiculous. What's actually more likely is that he just wants to be pretty and left alone and doesn't want to associate himself with transgender people or the movement which is perfectly understandable.

And by the way, there is literally nothing wrong with wearing a military uniform. If you're a douchebag and get free food out of it or something, sure that's a dick move.
>>
>>5379589

Reading and thinking about this anecdote makes me groan from bitterness. If I had only been wiser or 5 years younger. But I should hold off a bit to see what results I get before I go back to the old habit of lamenting my birth.
>>
>>5383681
>>therefore it is no longer illegal
Oooo was that said? Nope, dont see that anywhere. Oh dear.
And its funny that now youre some champion of the law. Illegal shit happens constantly, and given the choice between something illegal, that isnt harming others (unlike bank robbing) being done because the person has a medical condition, and something illegal being done because the person is vain and manipulative...well Im sure you can guess the rest.

>the only reason he has this type of hold
He shouldnt have any sort of fucking hold, are you insane? Threatening to call the police on someone with a medical condition so he doesnt have to give up being popular is fucking disgusting

>mob lynching
Oh have we reached the point where we wildly exaggerate for sympathy?

>It's not illegal to be mean
I havent said it is. Fucking rewind budy and realise the post that started this whole conversation was simply calling him a manipulative cunt. Calm those titties
>>
>>5383697
>nothing personal or vain.
Said a dozen times he's a vain manipulative fagot, pay attention.

>It's okay to fuck up this kid's life just because he has a cocky attitude?
Oh are we fucking up his life? Or did he do that to himself when he illegally obtained drugs that he has no medical need of...? Hmmm, I'll have to think that one over for a bit

>there is literally nothing wrong with wearing a military uniform
Go on then. Go pretend to be a veteran for a day, see what happens when people find out.
>>
>pick a girl up at the dyke bar
>not being picky because i'm horny and need someone to eat me out.
>turns out to be a raging SJW tumblrina
>>
>>5383688
Here's the fun part of self medicating, You never went for a professional diagnosis, you are treating a problem that you do not know exists or not. Neither the trans kid nor the cocky kid is legally right since they don't have any legal backing for their claims whether shallow or not.

You're hoping back and forth from saying it was the illegal part that you're annoyed with, then it was the part where he threaten the boy and his father throwing them under the bus and now it's the aesthetics as you consider it a shallow reason to use drugs. These are all your disagreements, anyone can scroll back up and see it.

Not once have I said anything as cheesy as "it's his body" nor did I say he should use drugs because it feels good, are you saying hormones are the same as morphine or have the same impact and side effects? No seriously prove that claim to me.

Lastly the kid can't call the police because as we both know, the child has illegally obtained drugs but that isn't what the police was for. If you read, he threaten to call the police if he was kicked out of the house since that would be child abandonment since he was a teen. What would've actually happened and hasn't for the strangest of reasons [I"ll explain] is that the father can call police on his son at anything under his house because he actively knows he has illegal acquired hormones but doesn't do it because why? Maybe, just maybe the father didn't considered it a worthwhile endeavor to throw his son into prison for being a faggot. The threat of police was in relation to homelessness.

In the case of his "trans" friend since we don't know as he too is also not diagnosed and self medding, that's him being an asshole but it's laughable because the guy can rat him out as well should he actually go through with his lame threat.

Are you quite that chiding me for not agreeing with your opinion or am I having to hear more statements I didn't state put into my mouth again?
>>
>>5383724
>Said a dozen times he's a vain manipulative fagot, pay attention.
He just wants to be cute and there's nothing wrong with that. Why should we force people to go through things they don't want if it can be easily avoided?

>Oh are we fucking up his life? Or did he do that to himself when he illegally obtained drugs that he has no medical need of...? Hmmm, I'll have to think that one over for a bit
Forcibly taking this kid of pills would completely ruin his life. I don't give a shit about the legality; it's not equivalent to morality. Without the pills, male puberty would start up again and completely fuck over his body and ruin his future. It is not surprising that he would be extremely defensive of that right.

Taking hormones for aesthetic purposes is perfectly legitimate and just as valid as taking it for medical reasons unless you believe that no one has the right to control their own bodies. Basically, it seems like you're just incredibly salty over his attitude and refuse to see anything from his personal perspective.
>>
>>5383747
> you are treating a problem that you do not know exists or not.
Fuck sake, I've already said I dislike bothe self medding and informed consent. I dont think you'd be half as booty bothered if you learned to fucking read.
Additionally, we know for a fact the kid in OP's story does not have the condition, he doesnt even believe in dysphoria. However, someone who is described as "trans" in the context of that story is far and away more legitimate than the kid saying dysphoria isnt real.

>You're hoping back and forth from saying it was the illegal part that you're annoyed with
Except no, no Im really not. Ive said from the very beginning that he isnt legitimately trans and shouldnt be taking hormones just because he ewants to be popular. Its YOU that is making the legallity an issue, and futhermore, you are constantly switching between defending his actions, and then saying theyre both breaking the law and thats bad

Fuck sake reading more of your comment is making me want to kill myself. Fucking Christ. Its almost as if multiple things can be wrong with the situation isnt it? Try and follow me here anon:
>He is getting the drugs illegally- thats an issue, but as described earlier, illegal shit happens. Whether or not you want that to be an issue is down to you personally
>He has no medical need for the drug- see now this mixes with the first point, if illegal shit that doesnt harm others is going to happen, then its better that the person doing it actually needs the meds
>He's threatening others to get his own way- does this even need explaining? Because some people think what he's doing is wrong, he's threatening to ruin the lives of others so he can carry on doing what he's doing
>He's doing it to be popular- again, he has no medical need for the drugs, wanting to be more popular is not a legitimate reason to obtain these drugs, legal or otherwise

Are you still with me anon? Hope I havent blown your mind with multiple issues. Good God.

End part 1
>>
>>5383747
well, so? I think anyone should be able to consume any drug for any reason.
It's not like he's demanding his insurance cover it
>>
>>5383747
>are you saying hormones are the same as morphine or have the same impact and side effects?
You cant actually be this stupid.
>Taking hormones illegally because he likes the way people treat him
>Taking morphine illegally because he like the way it makes him feel
Its called a fucking analogy. I used another type of medication as a means to reword and alter thinking about a situation. Magical.

>Lastly the kid can't call the police
But making threats to is fine. Good, glad to know where we stand. Threatening the lives of others so he doesnt have to give up his vanity is A-OK.
>>
>>5383748
>He just wants to be cute and there's nothing wrong with that. Why should we force people to go through things they don't want if it can be easily avoided?
>Why should things be regulated?
You are fucking dangerous, please, never take a position of power, you cant be trusted.

>Forcibly taking this kid of pills would completely ruin his life.
No, taking the pills in the first place ruined his life because being made to come off them was a risk he took.
You wouldnt be defending some meth addict saying how it'll ruin his life if he has to experience withdrawal and go without his meth

> it's not equivalent to morality
Not even the argument being made

>Without the pills, male puberty would start up again
Someone who isnt transgender being made to go through puberty? How awful!

> ruin his future.
[citation needed]

>Taking hormones for aesthetic purposes is perfectly legitimate and just as valid as taking it for medical reasons unless you believe that no one has the right to control their own bodies.
>wanting to be popular is just as good a reason to take medication as a legitimate, medically recognised condition
Congratulations on the stupidest comment on the internet
>>
I will always remember today as the day /lgbt/ went full Tumblr and defended a transtrender's right to take hormones to be more popular in high school
Ladies and gentlemen, I bid you adieu
>>
>>5383809
>>5383793

fuck off ya authoritarian cuntbag
>>
>>5383711
>the person is vain and manipulative

>It's true because I said so because he doesn't have a shit perspective and attitude on life

>being done because the person has a medical condition, and something illegal being done because the person is vain and manipulative

How do you know either of these situations exists, we are both working from the information OP presented and you keep ignoring details you don't like. Both are not diagnose, nobody is right however positive or shit their personality is.

>>5383779
>Additionally, we know for a fact the kid in OP's story does not have the condition, he doesnt even believe in dysphoria.

> Ive said from the very beginning that he isn't legitimately trans and shouldn't be taking hormones just because he wants to be popular.

Again, how do we know this, do men grow breast where you live because his case is very odd as he as a male wants to be perceived as female and accepts the treatment he gets from being female. Honest do you think there is some grand scheme of women being popular just because they're women? I'd attribute that to his attitude which is very confident to the point of cockiness, self assured and mean spirited to get what he wants, popularity is earned not given.

Defend the other kid as much as you want, I know nothing more than the few words mentioned so I'll drop the discussion there.

>you are constantly switching between defending his actions

So we are going with the dishonest route? Even after I explicitly I don't endorse his behavior, but disagreeing with your opinion somehow equates endorsement, amazing.

>He is getting the drugs illegally- thats an issue, but as described earlier, illegal shit happens. Whether or not you want that to be an issue is down to you personally

>BUT he's more illegal than the other because he is cocky!
>>
>>5383843
>Both are not diagnose, nobody is right however positive or shit their personality is.
>one is "trans", the other doesnt believe in dysphoria
>neither of them are trans!
toppest of keks
>>
>>5383779
>>He has no medical need for the drug- see now this mixes with the first point, if illegal shit that doesnt harm others is going to happen, then its better that the person doing it actually needs the meds

>I am the arbitrator on what people can do with hormones and drugs and I'll use a gross generalization for anyone not using it they way I think they should.

>He's threatening others to get his own way- does this even need explaining? Because some people think what he's doing is wrong, he's threatening to ruin the lives of others so he can carry on doing what he's doing

Nobody lives are harmed but think about the children!

>He's doing it to be popular- again, he has no medical need for the drugs, wanting to be more popular is not a legitimate reason to obtain these drugs, legal or otherwise

>take away the drugs, make his attitude shit again, take away his confidence, he needs to earn that without hormones which apparently makes you popular and not his personality and wits!

>>5383793
>hormones and morphine are an acceptable analogy because hormones have the seem impact as morphine because they both make you feel good apparently

>But making threats to is fine.

I never said that, try to follow the discussion.

>Threatening the lives of others so he doesnt have to give up his vanity is A-OK.

>I have to pad my strawman because he is obviously trolling

A child making threats? Call the police, this has never been done before! Seriously, I already detailed why his threat would fail miserably but you can't drop it because he committed the cardinal sin of offending you and has to be shat up until the police moral that is you feel content.
>>
>>5383853
>one is trans because he because his self medding is more than the other!

Fuck logic am I right?
>>
>>5383882
>logic
Aw thats cute. Did ya hear your favourite youtube atheist say that about their argument? Because it doesnt apply to yours.
You have one person described as trans, and another who doesnt even believe dysphoria exists, they are both self medding. It hurts your narrative to admit one has a more legitimate reason for doing it than the other, so you have to pretend that not getting diagnosed and genuinely not believing gender dysphoria exists are on par with each other. There's nothing logical about false equivalencies anon
>>
>>5383876
>because hormones have the seem impact as morphine because they both make you feel good apparently
Theyre both used in the treatment of medical conditions, they can both be obtained illegally and legally, and people take them when they have no medical need because they enjoy the effects.
This kid likes hormones because he feels it makes him attractive, and because he's a fucking teenager in high school, the fact it makes him popular matter to him. He enjoys the effects of the hormones.
Morphine is more direct and the high people get when theyre on it is what people enjoy.

It wouldnt be an analogy if you replaced something in a situation with something identical. Good Lord.

The kid is illegally getting hormones because he enjoys the effect of taking them, this is a less legitimate reason than illegally getting hormones to treat gender dysphoria.
In the same way if he was illegally getting morphine because he liked it's effects, that would be less legitimate than someone illegally getting morphine to treat a condition that would require morphine.

I doubt you'd defend the kid taking morphine just because he liked it, I wonder why you defend him taking hormones instead
>>
>>5383926
I have to applaud your ability to create random information about me to make yourself feel good, it's good to have creativity but let's actually discuss what you presented. You know like there is an actual discussion to be had.

Though you have stated in multiple replies in fragments that you can advocate one for using drugs while prohibiting the other, but you have yet to explain why is legitimacy has fallen. He's more confident, sociable hence he gain popularity and feels content, all the criterion you trans people themselves wanted to achieve for themselves. However because the person doesn't believe in dysphoria where they have any or it's relatively low, they somehow deserve to have the drugs taken from them, undoing the kid self content and positive self body image because he threaten 2 people and was considered a sociopath according to you. If trans issues are not aesthetic then explain to men FFS, SRS, clothing, voice modification, [optional] make up, hair-styling, non verbal mannerisms. Gender dysphoria is one of the many criterion for trangenderism hence some anons here wanting to make gender dysphoria the sole clinical analysis for being considered transgender. You're upset by this person and won't admit that you can't stand him because he is too brash with his positivity for himself.
>>
>>5383973
You really need to learn to make concise points. Here, I'll show you:
Unsurprisingly, a recognised medical condition is a more legitimate reason for taking the relevant medication for said condition, than wanting to be popular in high school

Nuff said
>>
>>5383973
>Gender dysphoria is one of the many criterion for trangenderism
lol wut? It is the only "criterion". There is literally nothing else.

>You're upset by this person and won't admit that you can't stand him because he is too brash with his positivity for himself.
Gee wilikers! I didnt feel that way, but now that you've asserted that I feel that way, I DO feel that way! Its incredible, random shit pulled from your anus becomes true when you say it! Do another one mister!
>>
>>5379589
I'm curious because I see it all the time around here, where did the idea that if you don't experience dysphoria, and take HRT anyway, you'll get dysphoria come from?
Are there actually any studies on that or are we just assuming here?
>>
>>5383950
The situation isn't identical nor similar since morphine does give a hallucinogenic high, hormones leave you sober and gives you physiological changes such as breast development, loss of muscle growth, fat redistribution. Are you saying there are no people who will be mortified if they look in a mirror and see a puberty change they didn't want? What do you think most of the trans folk on this board whine about? But apparently this boy is special because he"ll only learn from his mistake in the later years because he's too young to know what he would like to be.Where have I heard this discouraging mantra?

Also he is blind as well since apparently popularity follows you home and is a self sustaining feeling and not a social hierarchy that only exist in school and seeing breast and wider hips in the mirror is a casual event that the brain of a male boy would accept and not freak out about.

>>5383984
It's true because I said so!
Drugs don't make you popular, you have to have some kind of likable trait and sociable to be popular, what the hell is with your logic?

>>5383992
>lol wut? It is the only "criterion". There is literally nothing else.

Take that up with the american psychiatric association when you're bored.
>>
>>5384053
link to the american psychiatric association saying that then?
>>
>>5384056
Have fun reading to your heart content, here are the guidelines to the psychologist to follow in diagnosing transgender people, its' more than the gender dysphoria.

https://www.apa.org/practice/guidelines/transgender.pdf
>>
>>5384053
>The situation isn't identical nor similar since morphine blah blah blah
Oh shit, you mean to say, in an analogy, the things being compared werent 100% identical? Mind = blown
Are they both narcotics used to treat medical conditions? Yes. Can they be obtained both legally and illegally? Yes. Can someone take them because they want to rather than because they have a medical need to? Yes. Holy shit, its good enough for an analogy. Crazy how they dont have to be literally identical to still be an analogy huh?

>Are you saying there are no people who will be mortified if they look in a mirror and see a puberty change they didn't want?
Where the fuck are you even getting this from?
But no, Im saying this kid isnt one of them

>Drugs don't make you popular
Its funny how hard youre trying to deny this as a reason. Go back to OP.
>" Like, you don't even understand, since I started hormones a year ago, everyone is so much nicer, and I'm like twenty times as popular now that most people think I'm a girl. "
Oh wow, shit. Its almost like the things I say are somehow connected to information made available by OP
>>
>>5384074
Firstly, thats a document about factors relating to the treatment of trans people in healthcare, it doesnt mention diagnosis criteria at all.
Secondly, gender dysphoria is the diagnosis. You get diagnosed with that, and transition, thats what makes you transgender.
>>
>>5384074
you don't even know what you are linking to. it's nothing to do with diagnosing people as "trans" or diagnosing "transgenderism". there's nothing to diagnose other than if they have gender dysphoria or not, or if they have other psychological conditions.
those guidelines are about how to deal with transgender people with respect, it's not diagnostic criteria for anything.
the first line is
>Transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) people are those who have a gender identity that is not fully aligned with their sex assigned at birth.
that's the full on tumblr-tier definition of trans. literally all they require for you to be trans if is if you were assigned male at birth, you id as anything but male and vice versa.
>>
>>5384080
You claimed he was taking drugs to be popular and I refuted saying drugs don't make you popular, the effects the drugs give he, the physiological and hormonal changes which also gave him a positive self image is what ALLOWED him to become popular, show me a ugly as sin kid with self hating tendencies being popular, that would actually surprise me.

What funny is that he's not high on anything other than ego and you're telling me irreversible physiological changes such as breast or infertility won't stop a person from attaining self gratification? You're giving this kid too much props honestly.

>>5384093
>>5384110
Take it up with APA, did you prefer when it was considered a mental disorder before? Not my fault that they have to check for a shitton of environmental factors just to see if you're gender dysphoria is real and not mistaken for another behavioral disorder. Not like their exist machine or "test" to instantly see your biological make up, even UK's nhs beats around the bush
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysphoria/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

"I feel a thing but I'm not sure if the thing is what I think it is" excellent symptom to look for in patients.
>>
>>5384129
no one is even saying any of that. it's just that there's no other criteria for being trans other than having gender dysphoria.
and pretty much every psychological condition is diagnosed by reported symptoms like that rather than a physical test, even serious shit like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
>>
>>5384136
Not like there isn't some type of treatments or medication they appl- oh wait they do medical therapy such as anti hallucinogens, anti depressants, talk therapy, group therapy, failed therapy such real life therapy and conversion therapy [horrible results, might as well done nothing]. You're right in saying as gender dysphoria is now it's own category to diagnosis on it's on as of last year or so, my bad.
>>
>>5384129
>I refuted saying drugs don't make you popular, the effects the drugs give he, the physiological and hormonal changes
You are unbelievably pathetic, just trying to weasel your way out of this. Becoming popular, quite obviously is not a chemical effect of the fucking drugs, however, it has come about as a direct result of taking them.
>gave him a positive self image is what ALLOWED him to become popular
This is just an outright lie. He doesnt mention self confidence, he doesnt. mention socialising, he out right fucking states that people are treating him better because they think he's a girl and that is making him more popular. This isnt even questionable, he literally fucking says it.

>Take it up with APA, did you prefer when it was considered a mental disorder before?
Dud the fuck are you even tryong to say? No one is saying it should be considered a disorder, we're both saying you claimed there is more to diagnosis than gender dysphoria, and when asked for proof you linked to an article about how medical professionals should behave towards trans people. There was literally no diagnosis criteria included in a document that you put forth when asked about diagnosis criteria.

And in the UK list of symptoms (which by the way is not the same as diagnosis criteria) we have:
>without doubt that your gender identity is at odds with your biological sex
>comfortable only when in the gender role of your preferred gender identity
>a strong desire to hide or be rid of the physical signs of your sex, such as breasts, body hair or muscle definition
>a strong dislike for – and a strong desire to change or be rid of – the genitalia of your biological sex
Literally all of those things are just gender dysphoria, so you've still yet to show there is any other criteria than dysphoria
>>
>>5384143
what are you even talking about?
you keep spouting shit that isn't a response to what i am saying.
>>
>>5384148
Im convinced he's either a troll or completely loopy
>>
>>5379589
>Be in college lgbt group

sorry for your loss.
>>
>>5384147
So we are going full retard? Okay let's go
>>he out right fucking states that people are treating him better because they think he's a girl and that is making him more popular

So why isn't person like yourself popular, could it be that you have to be sociable and confident in the first place to be popular? No way it can't be that, it must be that women are inherently popular in that school for being women.

>without doubt that your gender identity is at odds with your biological sex

Unless it's a kid with a shitty personality taking hormones to be popular.

>comfortable only when in the gender role of your preferred gender identity

Unless an anon on 4chan decides that the reason for taking hormones is shallow then the meds can be revoked.

>a strong desire to hide or be rid of the physical signs of your sex, such as breasts, body hair or muscle definition

Unless a anon on 4chan takes away you meds and forces another puberty on you because he can't stand you for using hormones to enhance female aesthetics for socializing and becoming popular.

>a strong dislike for – and a strong desire to change or be rid of – the genitalia of your biological sex

You got me here, kid never said anything about this.

>>5384148
>>5384157
What I am saying is that I don't keep up with the every single revision of gender identity disor- I mean gender dysphoria, I forgot my political correctness speech! I'll remember by the next revision when gender fluid is added who don't follow your gender dysphoria only criteria but hey come and chide a random anon about it because it's clearly me in charge of revisions.
>>
>>5384198
you really think anyone on 4chan is chiding you about "political correctness"?
you were wrong, faggot, get over it and stop with this passive aggressive bullshit.
>>
>>5384198
>So why isn't person like yourself popular,
because Im not in fucking high school and dont keep tabs on "populariity" like a 16 year old

>Unless it's a kid with a shitty personality taking hormones to be popular.
>Unless an anon on 4chan decides that the reason for taking hormones is shallow then the meds can be revoked.
>Unless a anon on 4chan takes away you meds and forces another puberty on you because he can't stand you for using hormones to enhance female aesthetics for socializing and becoming popular.
Wow you werent kidding when you said full retard, the fucking kid himself said he isnt trans, doesnt think dysphoria exists and is male. What more do you want? He says he isnt trans, he's literally saying this things do not apply to him, he does not feel them, he goes as far to say he thinks others who do feel like that are making it up. Why are you so desperate to make him fit categories he himself has rejected?

>What I am saying is that I don't keep up with the every single revision
But we're not talking about revisions for fuck sake man. Are you completely brain dead? You claimed there was more to being diagnosed as trans than gender dysphoria. When asked to prove it, you provided a link to a document that didnt even discuss diagnosis at all! Thats what we're talking about. You've gone off on some rant about including gender fluid into diagnosis criteria and nothing anyone has said to you is even fucking related to that. In fact., if anything youre the one closest to saying that by saying there's more criteria than, and therefore more things included, in a diagnosis.
Youre an utter fucking loon! You're talking about things no one else is talking about and responding nonsensically to quite straightforward questions and statements. What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>5379589

Tbh, it's probably safer for him to take the legit 'mones than to take all the herbs n shit recommended on the daily by infographs, other poster and forums

I was considering taking non-FDA approved supplements that might have given me boobs anyway, but probs would have fucked my shit up over the long run tbqh

I don't know, more power to them, he'll learn or be reaffirmed in his beliefs, in the mean time, don't d anything rash and talk to said victim of your story
>>
File: NSCS13 Unsafe Shareable.jpg (264 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
NSCS13 Unsafe Shareable.jpg
264 KB, 800x800
>>5382716
>And how many of them ended up hospitalized after getting a beating?
me (poster of >>5382676)
>How many of them had rocks and fireworks thrown at them?
me
>How many of them were spat on and insulted at daily basis?
spat on no, but insulted, teased, and harassed yes, me.

Yes, this shit happens even in first world countries.

BTW, it is obvious you didn't read the report linked to at the page I linked. If you did, you would have read student's comments that they too had been subjected to harassment and assaults like I was.
>>
File: heh.png (4 KB, 330x264) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
4 KB, 330x264
>>5384657
How many of the reports are made up for attention though? What about those that don't report? They need a voice too..
>>
>>5384748
give how I was treated, I doubt any are made up.
>>
>>5379589
People who get mad at other peoples' life choices really piss me off
you faggot
>>
>>5384766
Op sure says otherwise, given how vain the situation is. Kinda sad he'd throw someone under the bus if anyone were to mess with the situation he set himself up with, taking hormones just to look pretty.
>>
>>5384784
to be fair, other people have no business meddling in his life
>>
>>5379589
Sounds like they post on /pol/
>>
>>5384940
why would you think that? the seem pretty stupid. this board would suit them way better.
>>
>>5384971
>stupid
>started hrt at 15

sure
>>
>>5384657
like where the fuck do people like this live? So 65% of LGBT youth got harrassed because of how they're different? No fucking way. It's almost as if they were surrounded by angsty teenagers loading their self-hate on others. Wild guess, how many fat kids have been harrassed for being fat? I'd say more than that. How many scrawny boys? Even more than that.

I missed days in school because I felt unsafe through group assignments. People feel unsafe because of all kind of shit.

I'm surprised, that only 85% were verbally harrassed. I know I'm from a low-class-place, so people were more honest and harsh to eachother. But fucking christ, people insulted other people? Teenagers insulted teenagers? This is a tragedy smhtbhfam.

This is why everyone hates LGBT people. Full of fucking whiny bitches trying so hard to be a special snowflake. Everyone has problems. Some kids don't feel good in school because it's anti-gay in there. Some don't feel good, because school is too hard for them. Some feel unsafe at home, that's a real tragedy, not that people are mean to you in school. Bullying needs to stop, no arguing, but bullying is the problem, that needs to be adressed and not anti-LGBT climate in school. To me the picture doesn't have any specific value other than pointing out how bullying is wrong and not normal people get bullied.
>>
>>5384787
He is breaking the law so he can be more popular in high school. As has already been discussed, if he was doing it to treat an actual medical condition, there'd be some sympathy, but he's literally just a beta faggot who realised people treat girls better. If he wasnt an irrational teenager, he wouldnt go fucking about with his body to be popular in high school. What he's doing isnt much different to some teenage girl going bulimic to be skinny and popular and then threatening the people who want her to be safe and healthy
>>
>>5385406
>Roid to be popular
>Acceptable
>Smoke weed to be popular
>Acceptable
>Titty skittles to be popular
>OVER THE LINE
>>
File: images (15).jpg (10 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
10 KB, 367x202
You people fucking scare me.

I'm going back to pol to talk about jewish conspiracies and the rise of the 4th reich, atleast we arent as far gone as the people in this thread.
>>
>>5385427
>Roid to be popular
Nope
>Smoke weed to be popular
Also nope actually. Taking drugs so the other kids will like you is bad m'kay? Dont give in to peer pressure
>Titty skittles to be popular
What has gone wrong in you head that means you can see why this is so bad? Everyone out there is either happy to say transtrenders shouldnt be given hormones because theyre faking, kids approaching puberty shouldnt be given hormones because they dont know what they want, some even say actual trans people shouldnt be given hormones for a million different reasons. But some beta fag who wants to be popular in high school? How dare you interfere with his life!
>>
>>5385482
Im with you anon, /lgbt/ has gone full fucking Tumblr
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 448x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 448x328
>>5379710
>>
>>5385489
Well hes not a beta anymore, he can probably get any guy or girl he wants.
>>
>>5385553
>hes not a beta anymore
He is however a woman. It's not very alpha to become female.
>>
>>5385619
Faye would say otherwise
>>
>>5379589
Well, he's an asshole for wanting to rat out that transgirl he knows, thinking dysphoria is a lie just because he never felt it and going to an lgbt group while not being lgbt, but if he wants to take hormones because it makes him happy, why not? It's not like he's taking hard drugs.
>>
File: 1449353835885.png (233 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449353835885.png
233 KB, 400x400
>>5385482
>>5385495
agreed, this shit has really gotten out of hand
>>
>>5382449
Fuck that requires me to get laid once every year.
And I need to ban gays from donating organs too.
>>
>>5385628
That is a joke to Faye. Faye's gf very clearly has the pants in that relationship.
>>
OP here, holy shit this thread blew up while I was away.
>>
>>5385693
>why should you have a medical condition to take medication?
>>
>>5386014
Well, I take a lot of meds for profilactic reasons and because vitamins make me feel better, even though I don't have a form of avitaminosis which counts as legitimate medical condition.
>>
>>5386542
And if you had no conditions that would require medication would it be fine to illegally get medication just because you like it?
Is it fine to illegally get morphine because you like how it makes you feel, rather than because you have a condition that morphine can treat? Because thats what this kid is doing with hormones
>>
>>5386744
You have no idea what the child looked like before a year of hrt. Are you really one to judge what their confidence was like before?
>>
>>5379589

> Be in college lgbt group

Stopped reading there, nobody joins autistic groups like this, right guys, right?
>>
File: 32r949.png (21 KB, 674x612) Image search: [Google]
32r949.png
21 KB, 674x612
>>5385723
wut you talking about??
>>
>>5386744
Im fine with it. I believe it should not be illegal either.
>>
>>5386799
Except the child himself has said it isnt confidence, people treat him better because they think he's a girl. Lrn2read
>>
>>5379589
I mean, if he wants to look like a girl, then he should be able to. That's like the whole crux of being trans. You don't get to be all pissy because someone else is doing something with their own body, you're just as bad as the worst pro-lifer at this point.
>>
>>5386744
all of us self-medders are doing that exact same thing, we don't have any diagnosis to make our hrt legitimate
>>
File: IMG_0844.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.gif
393 KB, 640x360
>>5381137
I hope for your sake that this is bait
>>
>>5381279
I thought a tranny thread out of any thread would care about bodily autonomy. This kid is obviously smart enough to know what he's doing.
>>
>>5386828
They treat him 'trans' even though he calls himself a he. Why trigger it instead of cateering to his delusions?
>>
>>5381499
just her feels
>>
>>5386847
But you are still trans, correct? Are you telling me youre not actually transgender?
But regardless, this kid doesnt have a diagnosis, but more than that, he will never get one, because he literally thinks dysphoria is made up. Do you think dysphoria is made up too anon?
Or could it be, the fact youre both self medding doesnt just mean you are on equal footing?
>>
File: 1430010964610.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1430010964610.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>5379589

tl;dr
>OP and his fag group got blown the fuck out by a 16 years old kid and now he came here to cry
>>
>>5386857
>This kid is obviously smart enough to know what he's doing.
>16 years old
>realises people are nicer to girls and theyre more popular
>hears about self medding from a trans friend
>interrupts puberty to fulfil a childish desire to be popular in high school
>he's smart
If only our dear Elliot had made the same decision in high school, there would have been no need for anyone to attempt to dodge him...
>>
>>5386869
Why should this child adhere to a specific group of people and not be whatever they want to? Isn't this what we teach children?
>>
>>5386882

Fuck that Vegeta image got a solid laugh out of me.
>>
>>5386899
>shouldnt this kid be allowed to fuck his body to be popular in high school?
>>
>>5386899
He is adhering to a specific group fuck nugget. He saw the pretty girls got treated better and so he illegally obtains medication to get treated like they do.

Would you be defending an anorexic girl's right to be anorexic and not seek help so she can be one of the skinny popular girls?
Doubt.
>>
>>5386924
Edie sure did and shes only been on hrt for 4-5 years.
>>
>>5386935
>Edie
do not know who this is
>>
>>5386935
Edie is one of the dumbest cunts to post here, so I wouldn't use her as an example.
>>
>>5386869
i consider myself a transsexual, and self-med because i feel like i need to treat myself sooner than european healthcare can offer me treatment.
but its still illegal because no doctor has prescribed it, and it seems a similar situation to this girl
>>
>>5386953
>but its still illegal because no doctor has prescribed it, and it seems a similar situation to this girl
>this girl
>girl
He still identifies as male. Did you even read OP? He literally says girls are cute and treated better, so he took hormones and now because people THINK he's a girl, he is more popular than he was.
He doesnt believe dysphoria is real, and thinks trans people are making it up.
The kid isnt trans, he isnt a girl.
>>
>>5386986
He also says he wants to be cute, aka he wants to look like a girl because he's taking fucking estrogen. He doesn't have to jump through your hoops of "identifying" and all that other bullshit, he's just going for it.
>>
>>5386951
Because she has a supporting mother and can be girly with her?
>>
>>5387028
Are you upset a boy wants to be treated like a girl despite his male genitalia?
>>
>>5387028
>he doesnt have to be transgender to look cute
So all the gay guys in femgen who just want [people to find them attractive, so take estrogen, thats all fine too is it? Because thats literally whats happening here
He isnt transgender, he is a 16 year oold, in high school who wanted to be more popular and decided illegally acquiring medication for a condition he doesnt have was the way to do it.

When did this place become fucking Tumblr?
>>
Ok guys, finally finished reading the thread. Gonna address some of the things I've seen come up/elaborate.

1. First is that I am not trans. I'm gay. The reason this kid pissed me off is I have a ton of trans friends that this kid is essentially pissing on by trashing their narrative. This kid is the sort of person traditionalists and bigots tote out to de-legitimize trans folk.

2. The kid's insane one way or another. I can't quite pin him down. He's either very trans and in denial, or a psychopath.

> Talking to him about why he's self medding.
> Gives me the "pretty" line again.
> Ask him why he wants to be pretty.
> " I don't get bullied anymore. People give me presents, treat me nicely, invite me to do things, do things for me. "
> " Look, girls are beautiful. I know your gay, so it's hard to explain. But sometimes they are so beautiful that it stops you, your body just freezes, you forget how to breath. It's like something that pretty shouldn't be allowed to exist. If something like that exists, why wouldn't I want it for myself? Why am I not allowed to be pretty? Why am I supposed to be ok with being ugly for my entire life? "
> Ask him if girls bully him since he's so popular.
> " They did at first but once I beat one of them up for it the others stopped. Girls don't know how to handle violence. "
> " I don't know if it changes when everyone's an adult, but girls don't ever do anything straight forward, and don't know what to do when confronted with straightforwardness. So long as I continue to be direct and cut them off at the pass, all the small/petty shit goes away. "
> Ask him what he does about guys who are interested in him.
> " I just deal with it. "
> That's all the detail he gives.
>>
>>5387067
Just wondering, but when did your trans friends start hrt? Did you talk about it with him?
>>
>>5387113
Most trans people I know started between 18 and 25. Youngest I've known is 14, and then the other kid from his school.
>>
>>5387141
so a bunch of adults are afriad of some child taking responsibility and feeling happy about themselves? theres a reason they call it the pursuit of happiness and not give me happiness
>>
>>5387067
>or a psychopath.
Score 1 to me for calling him a sociopath almost a day ago
>I don't get bullied anymore. People give me presents, treat me nicely, invite me to do things, do things for me.
Oh look, teen drama bullshit, just wanting to be popular, I'll take another point.

And the way he talks about girls as if he isnt part of that group, still male, not trans, I'll take a 3rd point

All you tards arguing against the above points earlier can go suck a dick. You were wrong, your messiah is everything I said and more. Try not to let your own failures as humans overwhelm you
>>
>>5387273
Except no. You go off and live in your libertarian utopia, in the real world however, things are regulated and we dont allow people to do certain things for their own good.
A 16 year old boy getting bullied and being unpopular is not in his right mind thinking that taking female hormones is a sensible solution to his own lack of popularity. He oisnt trans, doesnt feel dysphoria, he just recognises in high school, girls are treated better. The kids going to regret this shit when he's in the real world
>>
>>5386889

Since I read the Unabomber's psychological review, I started wondering how many shooters may have been trannies or interested in transition.
>>
>>5379589
You sure he isn't still identifying as male for other reasons?
I pass more or less but still identify as male due to my voice. My non passing voice has caused people to stop their cars next to me and 'bash the shit of you you stupid cunt' due to their retard siblings and etc hearing me speak at work. (not people i work with, but like customers)
>>
This is probably a madeup mgtow shitpost considering all the whackos who happened to come in here squaking about female privilege but ill bite.

I really don't care what he does with his body or whether he identifies as dysphoric but him calling dysphoria a made up lie is pretty fucking dumb of him. Because he thinks he doesnt feel dysphoria either way, nobody can? Does he think all trans people transition for some perceived desirable social change? A lot of us transition right into even worse situations, what the hell does he think motivates that other than dysphoria?
>>
>>5387633
Cant wait for some redneck fuckers to try this on me so i can give their temples a taste of brass
>>
>>5387718
I just have a hard time seeing a kid on hormones being popular or people being nice to him because of being on hormones.
Maybe I grew up in too rural of an area, but that kid would have been the biggest target for every bully under the sun in my old school.
I just can't buy into the idea that this guy is getting better treatment for being fem, it sounds incredibly false.
>>
>>5387583
Except for the fact all the kids know he's not a girl and I really really doubt he's being treated like one. This just screams falsehood. I think he just didn't want to talk about it with you.
>>
>>5387879
The girls are fag hags and the guys don't do anything because they want to get with the girls
>>
>>5382676
hey, the numbers are getting lower. Good news for once.
>>
>>5387896
I am not OP
>>
>>5387879
Times have changed bruh. Im at a university town, and I have still yet to be rejected by a guy after telling them I'm trans. In fact, with one exception, I've kissed every guy I've come out to
>>
>>5387942
I know. Unfortunately there is still a very long way to go.
>>
>>5379876

Hormones, broadly, are not illegal. It depends on the hormone and the setting. In the athletic sense, they are banned because they are viewed as a form of cheating, but the hormones themselves vary in legality on the basis of their health risks--not because they are a form of cheating. These are two distinct areas.

As a health professional I think that the use of hormones carries unnecessary health risks that are best avoided, but I would disagree with you on the basis that hormone therapy is somehow justified in the situation that he were trans-identifying, as opposed to doing it for purely aesthetic purposes. I inferred that this is your position based upon how you phrased your OP--if it isn't then please forgive me. I see no pragmatic distinction in the justification--the health risks remain the same either way. At the end of the day we as autonomous human beings have the right to weigh risks vs. benefits in our choices. I do not see how you have any right to be mad at this person for their choices when it has no impact on you whatsoever.

As another anon has mentioned, while estrogen and progesterone may increase risk of breast cancer it reduces risk for prostate cancer. At the end of the day hormones are a physiological balancing act, and different cancers respond different to different hormone levels.

The reality is that as much as the lgbt community clings to the information and postulates produced by psychology, sociology, and physiology--what we actually genuinely understand in these fields is in fact quite limited. Most of all the constructs we operate on are based on broad assumptions and observations among small samples of people. The sooner we acknowledge that our understanding is limited and cease to make broad generalizations, the sooner we can make progress.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.