[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you/would you be comfortable with public displays of affection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Two-men-holding-hands-008.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Two-men-holding-hands-008.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
Are you/would you be comfortable with public displays of affection with a partner?
>>
>>5379227
desu I have a huge problem of lack of balance and cannot hold hands if my life depended on it. I'd most likely walk into a wall within 20 seconds.

But otherwise I don't mind a quick peck or something. But generally I think large PDAs are awkward for everyone. If you're in a secluded park and a jogger happens to randomly go by it's not a huge deal, but in the middle of a mall or something is not the best choice.
>>
As long as no one saw us, then yes
>>
>>5379227
dont even LOOK at me in public you bitch
>>
>>5379264
why are you so uncomfortable with it?
>>
>>5379275
I'm still in the closest, and even if I weren't, I wouldn't want people starring at us, because it would probably be out of the ordinary. Maybe it would be okay at the beach or a park some quiet street or something where no one else is around.

I'm happy with just walking next to him rather than holding hands. There's also some deniability there.; if I ran into anybody I knew, I could just say he's a friend.
>>
>>5379299

this
>>
>>5379227
Yes and no. Yes most of the time, no when it creates an obstruction.
>>
>>5379237
Hahaha, your imbalance stuff sounds cute
>>
>>5379237
>tfw no clumsy bf
>>
nah, I'm an emotional cripple. Can't properly express my feelings or show affection. part of why I'm lonely. My therapist gives me the whole "Perfectionist who sees emotional stuff as weakness" shit. She is right though. Not being perfect kills me from the inside (and I obviously have the wrong take on emotions).
>>
>>5379227
Yes, finding a partner who'd also be comfortable with it is the problem.
>>
>>5379227
Like holding hands? Not at all

Wouldn't like start making out or anything, but that would bug me from other people too.
>>
Sure, my girlfriend is quite shy though.

It's not that I conciously think "hey we are in a public area, let's make out!" but once in a while the urge to show affection just hits me.
>>
Holding hands with my girlfriend does not really get me strange looks. We're both teenagers so we can hold hands in public with people thinking we're just friends.

Kissing my girlfriend on the other hand does get me strange looks or rude comments on occasion so we avoid it.
>>
>>5379227
completely.

hand holding, cuddling, kissing, you name it.

Although I don't want him to constantly follow me around like a dog or a cloud of gas, like look around & be dynamic.
>>
>>5379227
It was awkward the first couple of times, but once you get used at people yelling 'faggots!' at you it isn't that bad.
>>
I am 100% not ok with it.

I find it icky to look at, so I assume others do too, hence I don't do it.

My gf hates me for that.
>>
>>5379299
Agree with this, except that I would like to hold hands with my boyfriend if I feel like doing it from time to time. Not all the time but if we´re having a nice date, and I feel like holding his hand, I would love to.

My boyfriend gets really subconscious about PDA, we can´t even walk at the same pace and need to be an arm away from each other sometimes, as he feels like everyone is watching us and noticing we´re a couple.

I love him but there are times in which I would like at least to be walking next to him or look into his eyes without him freaking about it.
>>
>>5379227
I don't like handholding much. I tried to force myself to like it cause I worried it was some subtle self hate but nah. Then even my mom told me she never got into it and feels it's fake so I feel less weird.

I got shit to do with my hands mang. Can't be holding your hand through every asinine thing in life.

I like leaning into each other and little touchy stuff. I don't like kissing in public, can do with check pecks but that's about it.

I guess it's less self hate and more I just find that over making out and sitting on each others lap to be annoying pda when I see other couples do it so I'd rather not do it also.
>>
>>5379227
As a general rule, I'm willing to hold hands but not kiss. But that's not even that accurate, it depends on the context and whether the person I'm with wants to do it. Overall I'd say I'm not that comfortable with PDA but I'm willing to do some softer stuff. Holding hands with a guy in public seems like kind of a statement, which is uncomfortable. Maybe I'll feel differently about it if I actually get a bf. One day.
>>
>>5379227
I'm completely fine with PDA but my bf can't even stand to talk to me in public becuse he's pretty deep in the closet. :/
>>
>>5388425
I feel you anon. It´s the same with my bf.
>>
>>5387360
I'm pretty much the same way. Public displays of affection are so uncomfortable to me.

But if we are by ourselves, then it's a completely different story. I like affection and I like romance, I think they are an important part of a relationship but I believe it's not for the public. Of course, I'll still converse with you, flirt and treat you like my boyfriend, I would never ignore you but that doesn't mean I'm going to act like someone I'm not.

I think I'd have the same reservations even if I were straight. It's a character thing rather than a "I'm not comfortable with my sexuality" type. Straight couples who do this bother me too when I actually notice them.
>>
I don't do PDAs in general.
>>
>>5388182
We're watching a movie and I'm sitting next to you. The place is packed.

I put my hand on yours and put my fingers in between yours.

Would you be uncomfortable with this?
>>
>>5389025
No. That sounds heavenly.
>>
>>5388425
>>5388966
>having bfs
>>
>>5389056
We're sitting in a cafe, getting some breakfast. You're tired, stressed out and irritated. There are people all around us, some staring at us.

I'm sitting across from you. And I lean forward and put my hand on yours to calm you down.

And that? Would that make you uncomfortable?

I dislike when couples are all over each other. But I appreciate small actions that remind me that you care.
>>
>>5389085
No that'd be fine. The only thing that might make it weird is the people staring at us.
>>
>>5379227
i'm not just okay with it, i love it.

>walking hand-in-hand through the mall with fwb, people staring, mostly smiling
easily one of my favorite memories of being with him.

not enough people hold hands in public. so many people were beaming seeing two guys willing to do that. made my day
>>
I can usually tell the people who'd be uncomfortable with it from a mile away so I avoid doing anything like hand holding or hugging in those situations

I also don't do it in front of families. Like kids and a mom or something.
>>
>>5389084
Go get one, nerd
>>
I act violent when I witness it.

t. Homophobic closet case
>>
Not really, but I hold hands with my bf in public if he wants to. I trust his judgement to know whether it's a safe atmosphere, and I'm removed enough from my surroundings that I don't really get anxious about it. It just doesn't do anything for me.
>>
I'm not comfortable with a guy who doesn't PDA.

I had a boyfriend like that, literally refusing to hold hands when I felt like it, even just to not get separated. In my opinion such behaviour is antisocial and not the making of a relationship of any kind. Snuggle on a bench with me or gtfo.
>>
>>5379299
That's really sad stuff dude. You'd be lying about your feelings about the guy right next to you, telling other people he isn't that important to you.
I don't mean to get holier than thou, but just think about what that would mean to your partner. It would hurt me that other people's opinions of you were more important than me.
>>
I work in a grocery store and grab my bear boyfriend's ass while on the job and kiss him in front of customers.
>>
>>5389436
Then I'll just have to date somebody else who as closeted as I am
>>
No, I usually avoid PDA. The area I live in isn't hostile or anything, it's just that I don't like people staring at me. Being a gay, interracial couple gathers a lot of unwanted attention. Again, people don't stare out of malice, but it makes me uncomfortable regardless.
>>
>>5379227
Fuck no.

Gay here. Internalised homophobia? Possibly. More likely just me being super uptight about everything. I'm sure I'd be just as autistic if I were straight though. Not a fan of couples of any kind and PDA. When my friends make out in front of me, it's weird. It bugged my ex at first but then he got over it.
>>
File: 1389084320311.jpg (28 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1389084320311.jpg
28 KB, 624x352
>retail work
>ringing up for two women
>notice them kiss
>involuntary mfw
>hope they didn't notice and think I was grossed out by lesbians
My face does that when I see PDA from anybody, I can't help it. As far as I can tell, nobody's noticed so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 640x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 640x498
Nope, I'm too scared to even have my right hand out of my pocket because I have long nails for classical guitar, and I can't stand the idea of shaving any body hair because in Australia even the woman have body hair and everyone would immediately think I'm gay.

And then people would judge me.
>>
>>5379227
I live in a very catholic city, so I'm not exactly comfortable with it. When I drop my boyfriend off at work (he works in a hair salon) he usually kisses me goodbye. It's not something I'm very comfortable with, but no one there has ever had a problem with it. I'm a little more nervous than him, I guess.
>>
>>5379270
this tbqh
>>
In a somewhat LDR, I don't mind when my bf wants to hold hands or rest our heads on eachothers when over in his town. I'll most very likely never ever see anyone there again, plus they're 100% strangers.

But in my home town I wouldn't lay a finger on him in public.
>>
>>5379227
Depends entirely on the display, and the partner.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.