[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it have any benefit of taking your E two different ways?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: questions.jpg (176 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
questions.jpg
176 KB, 1280x1024
Does it have any benefit of taking your E two different ways?

Example:
- take 2 mg E sublingually in the morning (sublingual = super strong estrogen that lasts a few hours)
- take 2 mg E orally in the evening (oral = weak estrogen that lasts longer)
Hoped result: Estrogen reserves building up in the body leading to enhanced effects overall. Also better sleep because I don't need all the energy estradiol gives me right before I go to sleep and since I don't have a bf I REALLY don't need all that energy during the night.
>>
If you're not taking your estrogen sublingually you're just getting less of it.
>>
File: 1399569228576.png (73 KB, 731x766) Image search: [Google]
1399569228576.png
73 KB, 731x766
>>5371751
THis chart os for 17b-estradiol taken sublingual and orally. Take a look at the ratio of SL to oral after 24 hours. SL all the way by that.
>>
File: patch-levels-chart-2.jpg (50 KB, 1186x746) Image search: [Google]
patch-levels-chart-2.jpg
50 KB, 1186x746
If you can afford it, and your skin is OK with them, patches are the way to go for estrogen. Very consistent, and predictable.
>>
>>5372846
Are patches better than injections? I wanted to try them but I forgot to ask my endo last time I saw him
>>
>>5373211
Less spiky delivery. Only better is implants, but no insurance support for them. All methods have their advantages and drawbacks.
>>
>>5373346
Which are the disadvantages of sublingual E?
>>
>>5374755
The high spikes it creates in the blood. That may be causing the imbalances seen in the other hormones derived from E. That may not be good if they tie up estrogen receptor spots that E should have filled. Nobody has studied it yet, but a few docs have commented on it.
>>
Random q;

Why is doesn't anyone plug their titty skittles? I don't do that and don't even know if it would work but if you can get drunk through your butt you can probably absorb estro too. Seems like a better option for time release and no spikes.
>>
>>5375185
No, it's the reverse. Sublingual provides more direct estradiol to the bloodstream before bypassing first pass metabolism. Orally delivery, which may as well be nicknamed metabolic delivery, results in higher estrone (e1) to estradiol (e2) ratios. Even if spiky, sublingual produces more total exposure to estradiol as represented by the area under the curve in pharmacokinetics, sublingual and oral are nearly identical estrone exposure because the same amount of estradiol delivered via either route still leads to metabolism (but the immediate conversion of much of the estradiol to estrone by first pass metabolism is avoided by sublingual). It is yes tho, spiky, so ideally if you can take it divided into 4 times a day, while certainly not essential, it is best--especially if you have symptoms like sweating and feelings of rising body temperature or unusual mood and/or energy fluctuation.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9052581

"Sublingual administration resulted in rapid absorption with significantly higher E2 levels than did comparable oral dosing. Estrone levels did not vary with route of administration but correlated with the dosage administered. Estrone sulfate levels correlated with the dosage administered and also tended to be higher with sublingual administration. Sublingual administration resulted in a significantly lower E1 to E2 ratio during the 24 hours than did oral administration."

remember to read this carefully, it's very commonly misunderstood. the estrone exposure is identical. when they say the ratio is lower is the estrone to estradiol ratio, it just means there is more estradiol; so over the entire 24 hour period the exposure to estradiol is significantly higher, but still has a quickly rising and quickly falling peak.

it's not like estrone is nothing tho. it is the primary estrogen in premarin and C E S.
>>
>2015
>taking shit tier estrogen pills instead of god tier injections
>>
>>5375340
Doc won't prescribe injections. :(
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.