[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does anon feel about the gender spectrum and the narratives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
How does anon feel about the gender spectrum and the narratives about it? How much truth does it hold? I'd like to hear the opinions of actual trans people.
>>
File: 1447973594712.png (387 KB, 1023x771) Image search: [Google]
1447973594712.png
387 KB, 1023x771
>>5370610
The gender spectrum was created by TERFS in the 70's to provide an argument against trans and is currently used by upper class, white, cis, straight, people who want some minority points in order to look cool by appearing to be oppressed without having to actually deal with oppression
>>
>>5370610
what's difference between agender genderfluid and genderfluid agender?
>>
I don't know how to feel about it. A lot of it is tumblr "i'm genderfluid demigirl uwu" shit to be sure, but I can buy agender being an actual thing cause I know at least a couple people who legitimately have bad, bad dysphoria over having any sort of gender at all.
>>
File: 1398559369058.jpg (139 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1398559369058.jpg
139 KB, 600x404
>>
File: 1428026164265.png (10 KB, 334x229) Image search: [Google]
1428026164265.png
10 KB, 334x229
>>5370610

>How does anon feel about the gender spectrum and the narratives about it?

I think it's completely retarded and people are just trying to assign pointless labels to themselves for traits that don't really need labels to begin with. I can't even imagine any of this shit even coming up in a conversation, and if it did I think my brain might actually attempt to leap out of my body and run away so as to avoid the subsequent mental trauma.
>>
File: 1449716653358.jpg (76 KB, 1654x640) Image search: [Google]
1449716653358.jpg
76 KB, 1654x640
>>5370610
>narratives
>>
I have an ambivalence about them that flitters between apathy and annoyance. I think most of it does more harm than good. But I am a bio male gay, for reference.
>>
>>5370610
Miserable 30+ agender person opinion time: Western discourse is suffocating under an endless pile of individualized labels dreamed up and paraded by well-meaning but immature young people. Most of these youth are dumb as gravel and grasping at ideas they have no formal education in understanding. Thankfully, none of this shit actually matters because gender is a self-perpetuating fairy tale where everyone gets punished at the end.

Body parts don't have any magic socializing properties and everything you believe is a lie. Fuck all extremists in all corners in the ears, forever.
>>
>>5373374
The west is rediscovering non cis are a real thing. They are working out their new understanding of this.
>>
>>5370610
It's mostly just total bullshit, although I wager a small number of the people who call themselves 'non-binary' are actually in some sense non-binary.

Like, considering how fucking many idiots call themselves non-binary (or genderfucked, or whatever cool new word they can find), I'd say ~0.1% of them are seriously dysphoric.
>>
>>5373449
Kinda this. But why must we have feminist sjw charts confusing folks? You coulda asked any anthropologist about this.
>>
>>5373534
We'll eventually reach a new lexicon for it. Maybe the psychologists will evolve beyond thinking there is only sex, orientation, and gender axis that one can be along. I think that gender has both physical and emotional expression, and they can be different. Just as under orientation there are dominants and submissives with the various shadings there of.
>>
File: 1440447139980.png (119 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
1440447139980.png
119 KB, 402x564
>>5370670
They have to play the victim game. we have created a society where victim hood is profitable desu senpai.
I don't know if you fall into this camp but I wonder if there is so much animosity about this because they are cutting into other victimbux.
>>
People who come up with labels are desperate for others to validate them

If you define your self-worth on your own terms, you won't feel a need to categorize yourself so you can belong to a group
>>
>>5374343
There are perfectly good Latin words to describe the spectrum.
LGBT served that purpose perfectly but special snowflakes need 9001 classifications for the same things.
>>
>>5374356
We are all victims of some sort. It is just wither or not that causes significant harm. I bet the TERFs are so up in arms about transwomen because they can beat them at the victim game without trying.
>>
I'm sure people who feel uncomfortable as either gender exist. I remember reading an article about a person who identified as agender 15+ years ago, long before tumblr.
Most of it's just confused tennages girls though. Same thing with asexuality - there are probably legit asexual people out there, but most of it's just teenagers who haven't discovered their sexuality yet
>>
>>5374369
Hmmm that is a good point.
>>
>>5374343
OP here, I actually do hope the psych community looks into this topic so they can somehow explain why some people feel neither male nor female.
>>
You people do realize that 'making words up' is how language evolves, right? Humanity realized that sex is more complex than it first seems and started to come up with new language to describe the new concepts. I don't see why this triggers you all so much. That is literally how language and knowledge evolve.
>>
>>5374646
>646
lel if only you knew...

They can't deal with change.
>>
>>5374646
Its not THAT complex though. Things have just become so over complicated and redundant it just seems that way.
And the worst part is its not slowing down. Every snowflake needs to give themselves a new brand to make themselves feel special or progressive. Meanwhile there are plenty of simple terms that adequately describe their sexuality
>>
>>5370610
I just want tumblr to fuck off and stop associating themselves with me. I'm more scared of being associated with tumblr than of being ostracized by normalfags in transitioning. I wish to be the little girl, you don't need seventh-wave feminist post-gender transsnigger asexual panotherkin theory to explain that.
>>
File: 1449776787122.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449776787122.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>5370610
What the fuck masculine agender, feminine agender and genderfluid agender are supposed to be when agender is by definition not identifying in a gender.
Fixed that image for you.
>>
>>5374646
You have to prove that sexuality is more complex than previously thought. And by that I mean professional people, not people who will argue that mayonnaise is a gender.
>>
>>5376578
As a mayonnaisexual I find this very offensive.
>>
>>5377413
no patrick.
>>
>>5377413
Epic meme dude XDD
>>
>>5370610
I don't really see why it matters. What you think and label yourself as doesn't matter except in regards to consumption, voting, and breeding patterns.
>>
>>5376204
Demi boys and girls. Seems to be common in the ace community.
>>
>>5384229
As an ace i have no idea why this happens random slices of snowflake identities are super common for us but loads lie never happen. What is this secret code
>>
>>5370679
The color.
>>
I really fail to see how the concept of gender being a spectrum doesn't reinforce gender roles. The idea that a man wearing a dress suddenly is something other than a man or a woman who acts masculine is suddenly not a woman just defines man and woman more strictly.
>>
What really gets my goat is how people need to really distort the narrative of LGBT so they aren't seen as boring, cis, straight, "regular" people. I was in a class where the topic of sexuality came up, and this one girl told everyone that she's on the "gray a" spectrum. When someone asked her to explain it, she said something like "I'm romantically attracted to the opposite sex but I have to get to know them better to really feel that attraction. I don't just get turned on by looking at random people." What really pissed me off about it was that she worded it as if she was somehow superior to every other straight person, just because she slapped on this "gray a" title or whatever. She seemed like she was too afraid to just accept that she wasn't some wild gender/sexuality minority. I've known people who say they're non-binary or genderwhatever, but there's like a 50/50 split with believability with them. One thinks that wearing girls' jeans instead of boys' jeans makes them magically trans, while the other is this really androgynous looking person who doesn't give off any air of masculinity or femininity. It's just strange to me when you get these loud-mouthed "activists" who say that gender is a social construct, and then base their gender directly off of these constructs. I think that people can definitely be neither man nor woman, but, like >>5373374 said, the main players in this thing are immature kids who are overshadowing people who actually could help society progress to a broader understanding of gender and sexuality identity. (Hope this doesn't sound too pretentious lol)
>>
>>5370670
+1 On that image. Thanks for sharing.

>>5370610
There is a gender ROLE spectrum, not a gender spectrum. There's just male and female. I had to gender transition to fully realize this.
>>
>>5370670
Most radical feminists are gender critical/gender abolitionists what ate you talking about?
>>
Bunch of fake trans******** speshul snowflake tumblr shit.
>>
>>5384229
Translated from naive teenager, it means "I don't feel sexual enough to be an 'empowered woman' / 'real man' and I feel alienated enough by that to need weird labels and a support network." It's sad.
>>
>>5374597
Simple. The trans narrative of "but I always FELT like x" is widespread enough that dumbass cis kids assume "well, I don't consciously feel like a boy/girl 24/7, I must be something else."
>>
>>5370610
I support non binary genders like genderfluid and other stuff

as long as it isnt some "IM A SODA GENDERED AGENDER DEMIFLUID"
>>
File: 1438015885367.png (121 KB, 682x398) Image search: [Google]
1438015885367.png
121 KB, 682x398
>>5370610
>flight wheel isn't on there
Check it and your privilege
>>
>>5390260
>as long as it isnt some "IM A SODA GENDERED AGENDER DEMIFLUID"
That's literally all of them though. That or trannies in denial.
>>
>>5390276
Not all of them

I know a Non Binary person who isnt at all like that.... then again they are leaning on full on trans so my point is invalid
>>
>>5376204
Good edit, I share the opinion of your edit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.