[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germaine Greer on Transgenders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: no they dont.jpg (49 KB, 353x450) Image search: [Google]
no they dont.jpg
49 KB, 353x450
Just because you lop off your d**k and then wear a dress doesn't make you a ******* woman. I’ve asked my doctor to give me long ears and liver spots and I’m going to wear a brown coat but that won’t turn me into a ******* cocker spaniel.
I do understand that some people are born intersex and they deserve support in coming to terms with their gender but it’s not the same thing. A man who gets his d**k chopped off is actually inflicting an extraordinary act of violence on himself.
Transsexual women like Caitlyn Jenner don’t look like, sound like or behave like women.
>thoughts?
>>
>>5364490
>Transsexual women like Caitlyn Jenner don’t look like, sound like or behave like women.

Well no shit, that's why none of the actually trannies around here like Jenner either.
>>
Same shit that's been debunked a trillion fucking times. I assume this board is a revolving door type of thing where new people open threads and dont stick around for answers or to read any other threads.
>>
File: 1434691568497.png (939 KB, 964x1268) Image search: [Google]
1434691568497.png
939 KB, 964x1268
>>5364490
So saucy you gaiz, srsly.
What an authority we've come upon here.
I better give up my transition and off myself because this expert sorted me out.
>>
You know we can say fuck here?
>>
>>5364498
I appreciate that there are always threads on 'transgender is a disease- discuss' etc, but I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on Greer specifically, and this statement in relation to her broader feminism and politics.
>>
Op: so You accept that the body can develop to be intersex, but somehow not the brain? You know hormones and enviroment greatly impact the brains development
>>
>>5364490
Aaand you just proved that fringe idiots on both sides of the political extremes think alike. Why are you begging the state to interfere in medicine?

Why does your cultural Marxism superceded medicine?

Why should society trust you and not doctors?

You're infantile if despite your complete lack of qualifications, you think medicine should be banned.
>>
File: 1428109663831.png (401 KB, 961x686) Image search: [Google]
1428109663831.png
401 KB, 961x686
>>5364490
Moonbat please.
>Specifically, in a 304 voxel sized cluster affecting the left pre- and postcentral gyri a 32 voxel sized cluster affecting the left posterior cingulate, calcarine gyrus, and the precuneus, showed lower GM volume in MTF transgender patients and female controls compared to FTM transgender patients and male controls. The opposite direction of differences could be observed in a 123 voxel sized cluster in the right occipital lobe involving the middle and inferior occipital, the fusiform, and the lingual gyri, in a 42 voxel sized cluster affecting the right inferior temporal gyrus, where regional GM volume proved to be higher in MTF transgender patients and female controls compared with FTM transgender patients and male controls /PMC3877116/

>Compared to men and women, MtFs showed differences in a neural network including the medial prefrontal gyrus, the insula, and the precuneus when responding to male vs. female voices. With increased voice morphing men recruited more prefrontal areas compared to women and MtFs, while MtFs revealed a pattern more similar to women. On a behavioral and neuronal level, our results support the feeling of MtFs reporting they cannot identify with their assigned sex. /PMC4222943./

>We explored the specific hypothesis that male-to-female transsexualism is associated with gene variants responsible for undermasculinization and/or feminization...To date, this is the largest genetic study of transsexualism conducted. We observed a significant association between longer AR gene polymorphisms and male-to-female transsexualism. Longer CAG repeats in the AR gene lead to reduced binding of the AR protein to co-activator, due to its inhibitory interaction with the receptor, resulting in less effective testosterone signalling, a mechanism typically involved in masculinization of the brain during early development /PMC3402034/
>>
>>5364610
Can you translate this for my plebian mind?
>>
>>5364615
Medical science says hormonal abnormalities in utero lead to lasting neurological and other impacts that create gid. Might just be hormonal abnormalities for others, genetic receptor stuff for others.

It's what medical organisations like the AACE call disorders of sex development. Aka your intersex. http://journals.aace.com/doi/10.4158/EP14351.RA?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&
>>
>>5364615
It means nor proves anything but these tables look like serious shit is going on.
>>
>>5364639
>Multiple neurological, endocrine and generic studies don't count because they're too bourgeoisie

Welp, nice to see you think your emotions should superseded gene sequencing and multiple peer review studies.

Lysenkoism is alive and well amongst the fringe.
>>
>>5364651
>he thinks these datas are statistically relevant
>he uses the word “lysenkoism”
>he thinks the recognition of snowflakes personal identities isn't the pinacle of capitalism
>>
>>5364490
She's an idiot, like most radfems.
>>
>>5364498
"debunked" how delusional are you?
>>
>>5364490
>I do understand that some people are born intersex and they deserve support in coming to terms with their gender but it’s not the same thing.
It is the same thing.

You really can't support intersex people while rejecting trans people.
>>
>>5364665
>http://journals.aace.com/doi/10.4158/EP14351.RA?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3dpubmed
>there is strong support in the literature for a biologic basis of gender identity.

Multiple studies with very small p values are a hallmark of validity. Also conforms to the molecular rules Cohenists have established on sex steroids and regulatory gene expression.

Saying you don't like that is cute, but won't do anything to alter empirical data.

Maybe if you joined the antivaxers...
>>
File: Germaine_Greer.jpg (278 KB, 1085x706) Image search: [Google]
Germaine_Greer.jpg
278 KB, 1085x706
>>5364490
That is NOT what Germanie Greer looks like.

She looks horrifying, absolutely horrifying, like she's some really well made horror alien character.
>>
>>5364678
>>5364490
>>An established body of medical research demonstrates the effectiveness and medical necessity of mental health care, hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery as forms of therapeutic treatment for many people diagnosed with GID… Therefore, be it RESOLVED, that the AMA supports public and private health insurance coverage for treatment of gender identity disorder.
Debunked as in everyone except fringe political lunatics accept it as empirically justified medicine.
>>
File: lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg (39 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg
39 KB, 635x467
>>5364672
It's horseshoe theory, her social Marxism is indistinguishable from far right groups who hate medicine and doctors and want personal autonomy banned. Fringe be crazy m8.
>>
>>5364615
Basically simply put it says that transsexuals show what is considered a brain intersex condition in many ways. it presents differently because its less visible but its not just a trauma or anything its a physical brain design issue.
>>
>>5364690
She looks like that NOW, but even she was younger 44 years ago.

The cover of that magazine is from 1971.

As to her politics... This isn't news? We've known she was a vocal TERF for a lifetime.
>>
>>5364690
pretty sure thats an old person masked from the guys at jackass. or maybe a dr who villain.
>>
Greer is part of that old 70s second wave bullshit. I actually find 3rd wave feminists a lot more reasonable despite some of their trivial complaints.
>>
>>5364524
triggered.jpg
jk just copied from her interview, cbb to change all the censoring
>>
>>5364693
That doesn't debunk anything, you still aren't a woman. Sure HRT and SRS will help you cope with your condition but it's still a extreme procedure. It's almost like having a lobotomy, sure it worked but you're fucked for life. Glad you have an alternative though and a solution.
>>
>>5364690
OP's pic is her in her youth.
Sorry to tell you mate, but time makes alien characters of us all.
>>
>Germaine Greer
>relevant

She's just another relic all butthurt about the fact that the world left her behind.
>>
Greer is one of the worst feminists out there. If you want a good feminist, look to Donna Haraway.
>>
>>5364690
>She looks horrifying, absolutely horrifying

um, she's an old person. old people look old.

also, it's really sad that literally the only thing you can think of to say is "lol wow, she doesn't look really young and pretty anymore! SO THEREFORE SHE MUST BE WRONG"
>>
Why can't trannies ever come up with an argument other than "Here is my huge list of obscure medical terms and numbers, figure it out yourself. Oh you can't? Then that means I'm right and you are wrong!"

Arguments should be comprehensible to the average person, not cloaked in layers of nonsense. You're never going to win anyone over by pretending otherwise.
>>
>>5364981
>Derail using Intellectualism
The fun never stops.
In order of green text:
"These brains have similar Grey Matter volumes to their identified sex"

"It looks like MtF transsexuals have a neural activity profile in relation to voice identification that is more similar to female controls than male controls"

"It looks like genetic factors play a role in the pre-natal masculinization of brains"

(This one was basically just a review of literature, so already in laymen's terms, but I'll humour you) "We're not sure what specifically, but it's pretty clear some thing (or some things) biological are responsible for gender identity.

"This method clearly works for many people it needs to work for. It's got our support, and should have yours too."
>>
>>5364971
She could've skipped the make up, what makes her look horrifying is the make up.
>>
File: 1447130809067.png (346 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
1447130809067.png
346 KB, 599x593
>>5365070
>continues to shitpost without any modification whatsoever to their approach
>>
>>5365452
>>5364981
Keep crying out that twenty years of scientific consensus should be banned because it offends you. That'll sure convince the ama and apa to go and change direction.

You know, maybe if you find neuro and endo hard to comprehend, then maybe you should stop demanding doctors do those things your way.
>>
>>5365527
>Keep crying out that twenty years of scientific consensus should be banned because it offends you.

This is just a strawman argument that has nothing to do with my posts, or the posts of anyone on this thread.

Why don't you just explain your argument without descending into namecalling, obscurantism, and fallacy?
>>
another thread completely ruined by buttmad trannies

when will they learn?
>>
>>5364490
Shes right about jenner tho.
>>
>>5364981
>not cloaked in layers of nonsense.
Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it invalid. Science has it's own language with more rigorous word meanings because English is so slippery and changing.

The study basically says that MtF persons have similar brain structures to females, and FtM persons have similar brain structures to males. It also goes on to note that the structures they are talking about are radically different in size between males and females, and no cis female or cis male was found to be within the range of sizes found for the opposite gender.
>>
>>5364672
Wow much argument, such rebuttal. I'm convinced!
>>
>>5364490
If you compare changing to another gender of fucking human to changing into an animal you instantly lose all credibility on this subject.

Anyone who is behind and doesn't realize what they actually do with the dick has no business in the discussion.
>>
File: grurrr_1 - Copy.jpg (163 KB, 596x600) Image search: [Google]
grurrr_1 - Copy.jpg
163 KB, 596x600
TERFs are the ultimate low effort trolls.
>Pick on a group literally everyone hates.
>Praised for "speaking the truth" even though your opinions are mainstream and completely uncontroversial.
>Bathe in the attention and book sales from other like minded over-50s and Republican voters.
>Still believe dirt poor trannies are oppressing you while you're enjoying that sweet middle class academic life.
>>
>>5364490
Why are we talking about Germaine Greer? Everyone knows she's just a holier-than-thou cunt and her opinions don't really deserve much attention.
>>
>>5365695
Our anti-trans funposters like to cycle through famous blights on the trans community. I'm not sure whether it's Benjamin or Lawrence next, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the two.
>>
>>5364610

my my my someone hasn't seen the latest research debunking brain sex...
>>
>>5364615
>>5364631

So it's a mental disorder?
>>
>>5364720

>I actually find 3rd wave feminists a lot more reasonable

That's because you're not the type of person they most often target for their ridiculous witch hunts.
>>
>>5366077
Post it. If its the study I think you are talking about, that's not what it says at all.
>>
How can someone be "born in the wrong body" anyway? That sounds like some weird spiritual nonsense. It's a problem with the brain, not the body, so why is the solution radical body alteration?
>>
>>5366137
>he thinks brain should be subjugated to the body
kek
>>
>>5366077
That research doesn't debunk brain sex at all. All it says is that there's significant brain variance within each gender, something we've known all along. It doesn't say anything to contradict the "brain sex" theory, which is about a specific individual section of the brain which determines one's internal sense of gender.
>>
>>5366145

Well I would love to be a ten foot tall super mutant cyborg, but I usually leave such thoughts to the realm of idle daydreams and don't think any doctor would give the OK to start chopping off limbs and injecting me with steroids or something to vaguely approximate that fantasy.

Like, what's the difference between GID and BIID?

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/i-blinded-myself-on-purpose-and-have-never-been-happier/
>>
>>5366224
>Like, what's the difference between GID and BIID?
the difference is im literally going to kill you
>>
>>5366137
Because we lack means to change gender identity in brain, but we can change body.
>>
>>5366137
Because that's what actually works. We currently have no way of fixing the brain.
>>
>>5366241

>Because that's what actually works.

Does it work for everyone?

>>5366231

That's not nice.
>>
>>5366251
> Does it work for everyone?
No.
>>
>>5364693
>Psychology
>medicine
>>
>>5366251
>Does it work for everyone?
No, but nothing ever does for anything. But it is what works the best consistently and reliably for most people.
>>
>>5364490
ha what a disgusting faggot
how can you people live with yourselves
>>
>>5366241
and the whole ethical question of altering someones brain when it comes to something like one's sense of identity.
>>
>>5366116
Intersex
>>
File: 1437523998675.png (42 KB, 291x517) Image search: [Google]
1437523998675.png
42 KB, 291x517
>>5365598
Hey, if you believe the government should terrorize doctors and ban everything that offends your personal feelings then don't let me stop you.

Move to North Korea if enlightened natural rights and science offend you.
>>5366389
>AMA is psycholigy
And way to prove why barely literate people like you shouldn't meddle in medicine.
>>
>>5367029

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>5367081
Idiots trying to justify someone not holding up their end of the bargain because "DEFEND ALL WOMEN. WOMEN CAN DO NO WRONG"
>>
>>5365656
>Pick on a group literally everyone hates.

It's funny that you admit that absolutely nobody likes you, and yet you simultaneously contend that this is evidence that you're right.

This is literally how conspiracy nuts and neo-nazis think. Get a clue and stop adhering to such a broken ideology, please.
>>
>>5367184
>This is literally how conspiracy nuts and neo-nazis think.
Hilarious coming from the trailer trash that won't stop crying about about how medicine is a scam and should be banned.

Please tell me how those studies are a conspiracy?
>>
>>5364753
By this logic any surgery is "like a lobotomy" are you one of those anti doctor retards who lets their kids due of smallpox?
>>
>>long ears and liver spots and I’m going to wear a brown coat
>>cocker spaniel

OP are you sure you don't identify as an old person?
>>
>>5364690
She wore herself to the nub with hard living, man. She wrote that book about how monogamy is an evil conspiracy of patriarchy to control women's sexuality when she was like 17, then went out and fucked around the way only a feminist famous for being pro-sex in the '70s could.

Then she hit 40 and decided free love was an evil tool of the patriarchy to get free pussy and wrote books about that, kek.
>>
>>5365656
That's shit photoshopping -- how hard would it have been to smooth out the jagged bright edge against the left pupil?
>>
>>5367184
its funny that roasties are this mad tho
>>
>>5366116
Yes. Anyone honest will admit this; it's a neurologically founded mental disorder based on a local cerebral defect, in the vein of e.g. prosopagnosia or epilepsy. The only currently available treatment is to play along with the delusion, and as you can see even in this thread, that's what the honest ones say.

It's just that it's the very nature of the mental disorder that this isn't enough for most trannies, and they have to try and "prove" that they "really are" women, or men as the case may be. So they end up undermining their own defense by sperging out, but then, that's because they're mentally ill in the first place, so it sort of can't be avoided.
>>
>>5365527
Its k if they're going to be fucking lunatics with a closed mind let them. The more interesting parts of the paper imply we don't know yet what exactly the biological differences are, which personally I'm kind of intrigued to know. Hopefully that'll be solved in 10 yearss.
>>
>>5365560
Le EBIN WIN!!1!!
fuck the degenerates
CAN"T STUMP THE TRUMP
>>
>>5364490
>thoughts?
She's a fucking Jew. Everything out of their mouths is a lie. 2nd wave feminism is a cesspool of Jewesses trying to destroy white culture and values.
>>
>>5364490

Thoughts:

>most trannies keep their dicks - they don't really want to be female
>nobody has a brain scan to get approved for transition - "brain sex" means nothing in the real world, it just makes some trans people feel better
>you should link articles when you quote them
>Jenner still has a dick and doesn't want to get rid of it
>Greer is right
>>
>>5371127
>Try to reject this because it's blatant antisemitism
>Firestone
>Steinem
>Greer
>Sontag
>Gilligan
>Dworkin
>Friedan (actually literally named Goldstein)

Fucking shit.
>>
File: 1385967530807.jpg (129 KB, 1235x486) Image search: [Google]
1385967530807.jpg
129 KB, 1235x486
>>5372458
>>
>>5371127
Don't forget third wave feminism! Judith Butler's the epitome of a Jewess trying to destroy white values with crazy shit and lies.
>>
File: 1442374500234.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1442374500234.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>5372458
Fuck as an ex /pol/edancer I should of known.

God damn its always the fucking jews!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.