[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If were going to include trannies in GLB then why not just add
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14
File: theendofthe20thcentury.jpg (77 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
theendofthe20thcentury.jpg
77 KB, 600x1000
If were going to include trannies in GLB then why not just add everyone that isn't a straight white male?
>>
>>5363195
You don't need to admit anyone. We've been here for a good long while. Have a seat and take a load off.
>>
>>5363195
Out of curiousity who else is there to add/who would you add?
>>
File: kissingerrothschildeisner.jpg (73 KB, 413x275) Image search: [Google]
kissingerrothschildeisner.jpg
73 KB, 413x275
>>5363207

Get the fuck out of my club you cunt
>>
File: 1449560905920.gif (80 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
1449560905920.gif
80 KB, 625x469
>>5363214

I would only want it to be GLB. I guess if asexuals ever get scrutinized for whatever reason I'd add them.
>>
>>5363216
You want to have personal authority on membership? Make your own private club.
>>
File: 1449412437558.png (2 MB, 1455x813) Image search: [Google]
1449412437558.png
2 MB, 1455x813
>>5363267

We did.

But then you trannies just went "mah feels" and fucked are shit up.
>>
File: _20151115_103908.jpg (107 KB, 545x480) Image search: [Google]
_20151115_103908.jpg
107 KB, 545x480
>>5363195
>>5363216
>>5363282

Acoridng to lambda and GLAAD and other gay organizations, it's been lgbt since Stonewall.

World doesn't revolve around you so don't expect people to change the way things have been to suit your mentally ill rants.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>5363326

>World doesn't revolve around you

Well actually one time I did shrooms and I realized because it's my conscience and because I can in no way actually proof any other conscience it's actually my universe.

So shut the fuck up and suck my clit and balls.
>>
>>5363349
>Transgender people helped lead the way for our movments liberation at Stonewall
Not me, GLAAD and other gay advocacy says that's a fact.
>>
>>5363214
Jesus Christ, have you not heard what they are doing to just the simple old LGBT

right now I've heard people be called a bigot if they don't say LGBTQIA

the Q being questioning, the I being intersexed, and the A being allied.

Why don't we start bitching that the NAACP is homophobic for not adding a G for gay people at the end there... that's how stupid this is becoming.

Let me know if and when Campbell's isnt' bending to our way, and I'll make sure to boycott them until they have an alphabet soup that has LGBTQIAPA in it... double the A's one for allies one for Asexuals, who the fuck did I forget, and when are they going to line up to complain?

You know what when I argue in the future I'm just going to say gay and lesbian rights... I'm tired of this bullshit long ass alphabet soup you assholes are making. Fuck you.
>>
>>5363326
They added that shit after you guys whined and complained.

You also boycotted and picketed that movie Stonewall over revisionist histort

>Everyone there who was in a dress must have been transexual hurrr

That's basically the argument was that everyone, all the drag queens were actually transexuals.

I mean how far backwards should we bend to suit your complaining over bullshit, that actually never happened, just to calm you down?
>>
>TFW there are more than a handful of mtf and ftm topics but if there are two threads concerning the issue of LGB without the T one is removed

>MOD(s) confirmed for being T.
>>
File: trifiling.jpg (13 KB, 218x163) Image search: [Google]
trifiling.jpg
13 KB, 218x163
>>5363369
>>5363349
>>5363326
Transexuals did not lead the riots at stonewall, anymore than Rosa Parks was a white boy that defied the bus driver by sitting up front.
>>
File: 1442868503975.jpg (33 KB, 371x388) Image search: [Google]
1442868503975.jpg
33 KB, 371x388
>>5363195
>>5363222
What's the function of LGB movement at this day and age when being gay is legally recognized and socially acceptable?

Also why exclude trans folk? They're the part of LGBT that have the least legal protection in the western world and are the most misrepresented, why would you ever want to bail on them? Especially now that they're getting flak, isn't the whole point of LGBT that you stand up for peoples rights even when it makes you unpopular?

>why not just add everyone that isn't a straight white male?
Most groups of people have their rights looked after. LGBT happen(ed) to have a lot of social stigma which is why their rights had been lagging behind the general populus.
>>
Have anyone ever worked with children, they often like to play pretend. Sometimes they want to play princesses and they want you to be the bad guy.
If you improvise to much and say that the bad guy is no good and also wants to be a princess and steal their costumes, the game quickly ends and they get mad and say that boys can't be princesses.

Ts are sort of like that. They want everyone else to pretend for them that they are the opposite gender then they were born with.
They also want you to pretend they are the opposite sexuality, if a mtf likes men they are straight, but if they like women they are gay.
If you don't want to pretend anymore they get really mad and throw hissy fits at you, just like children.

Whatever LGBT is or is not, attaching more people into the same crowd because of slight similarities might initially seem like a good idea, the coming years will prove to turn pretty unrecognizable for many and many might regret the day the thought "what could possibly go wrong".
>>
>>5363923
>They're the part of LGBT that have the least legal protection
How is transexuality any more or less similar to being gay than being black?

And why is it prejudiced to think they should be two separate movements?

Why can you not support gay rights and trans rights at the same time without lumping them into the same category quite unnecessarily?

Lack of brain power?

Lack of time?

Lack of caring?

Why should trans people be included in the acronym that is lgbt and not black people?

What does being trans have to do with being gay? Please enlighten me.
>>
>>5363923
So if someone is more persecuted than a gay or lesbian or bisexual then they should be included in the LGBT acronym? Correct? Who else do you think is more discriminated against who also deserves to be included if the meaning of being LGBT, is just being discriminated against?
>>
>>5363950
Already answered to most of those in the post. If you're asking why is it called LGBT in the first place you can find that on google probably.
>>
>>5363953
Already answered to most of those in the post.
No you didn't. I asked the questions I did because your answers were well not specific and well dumb.

>LGBT happen(ed) to have a lot of social stigma

So did being black, and still to this day! Have you not visited the deep south or do you stay under your rock on 4chan day in and day out.
>>
>>5363873
The Q is actually Queer, the I is Intersexed and the A is Asexual.
>>
>>5363953
And if you think that something should be the way it is just because that's how it started, well then you're an idiot and miss the entire point of this movement.
>>
>>5363952
And to you too, you can find the origins of the reason why it's LGBT on google.

It wasn't my idea to bundle them up, I'm just amused how callous LGB folk are towards the T the moment trans people are getting flak in the mainstream. I wouldn't call myself an LGBT activist, I'm just calling the people out who are or at least were for LGBT rights and suddenly want to ditch an unpopular part of the movement the moment it's not about them anymore. Top kek hypocrisy.
>>
I can't say I stand for LGBT whatever because I don't stand for trannies. They forced their irrelevant shit into homosexual concerns and now we're stuck with them.
>>
>>5363958
No no no no, mister asexual, the A stands for Ally, yes it does, yes it does.

Now you go on out and play before I squeeze your nose, and then I'll give you some cookies and milk later okay?
>>
>>5363961
Why not unbundle them? And why is it callous to reason? I support Trans people completely. I think it is hurtful to the both of us if we are lumped together because simpletons like yourself confuse us for one another, and then when you try to explain it to them they get mixed up, thats why they shouldn't be lumped together.
>>
>>5363957
>No you didn't.
I did.
>And why is it prejudiced to think they should be two separate movements?
Didn't say it's prejudiced.
>Why can you not support gay rights and trans rights at the same time without lumping them into the same category quite unnecessarily?
>How is transexuality any more or less similar to being gay than being black?
>Why should trans people be included in the acronym that is lgbt and not black people?
>What does being trans have to do with being gay?
Black people, like most other groups, got their rights decades ago and had their own movements, I already said this. If you want to know why the T is a part of LGBT ask the people who put the T there in the first place. Seriously, just learn to fucking use google.

If you want to discuss my position on the matter you can find it >>5363923

>>5363960
Well if you want to assert that as my position then go ahead. You clearly don't care enough to try and understand what I'm saying so I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it to you. I don't really have a horse in this race either not being a part of the LGBT movement.
>>
>>5363973
>simpletons like yourself
You can always tell someone has valid arguments when they use ad hominems and misrepresent the position of the person who they're talking to. Have a nice day.
>>
>>5363958
Well thank god for Kathy Griffin then and her definition of it on Law and Order.

I really don't want to be associated with you. When can we just be completely separate in the sense of community and when can I expect that alimony check?
>>
>>5363979
Then why do you care?
>>
>>5363973
Why not just make your own movement instead of attempting to dismantle an existing one? You've got my blessing.
>>
File: slow.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
slow.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
>>5363923
Hey /pol/! Things slow today?
>>
File: here.png (31 KB, 555x205) Image search: [Google]
here.png
31 KB, 555x205
>>5363971
Why are you so condescending? Jeez.

>>5363982
I just know what it stands for. I don't care what Acrynom the gay/lesbian/whatever community uses for their cause.

Jesus Christ, you fags are so arrogant.
>>
>>5363989
Well there aren't many gays and lesbians here who want to share a board, so what do you say you shove it until we separate into two different board okay?
>>
File: cocoa.jpg (95 KB, 725x408) Image search: [Google]
cocoa.jpg
95 KB, 725x408
>>5363998
Because you're so adorable, and screen capturing the first result on google, isn't accurate now is it Smarty Pants?

Tell you what you go climb under the covers and I'll make you some nice hot cocoa with marshmallows and read you your favorite bed time story, okay champ?

Some of the older folk have to talk about things that you're just not old enough to understand.

Now you hurry on up there before your marshmallows melt.
>>
>>5363998
>Calling people fags
>Talking about equality
>>
>>5363999
Nah. Think I'll let you sulk off until you're less grumpy and stick around here, myself. I appreciate the offer, and assumption of a majority opinion, though.
>>
File: bob.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>5363998
>you fags
Oh it all comes out now, tell me how you really feel.
>>
>>5364009
Stay mad, friend.
>>
>>5364011
Yep. Just because I'm not part of the cause doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.
>>
>>5363923
honestly it should split.

L and G can pretend they still have some sort of struggle.
B at least has a bunch of social stigma from ppl in the LBGT movement and the movement seems to only care about T when it's convenient.

B and T should just chill and be buds
>>
This pretty much sums up my reaction to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnTZipv03M
>>
>>5364017
Why are you lingering on a board filled with gays and trans people if you aren't one of them or a supporter?
>>
>>5364020
agreed
most legit trannies are bi anyway
>>
>>5364027
I get bored and occasionally flip around to all sorts of communities because they're interesting.
>>
>>5363222
How is being Asexual an issue? I've never even heard of anyone yelling or getting angry over someone being asexual...

You want to be alone? That's easy, lots of lesbian, gay, and straight men do it every day.
>>
>>5364034
You're more than lingering, you're loitering, post some dick pics or gtfo!
>>
File: lip_lick.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
lip_lick.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
>>5364034
How tall are you and how big is your package?
>>
>>5363873
>and the A being allied.

So my completely straight father who is very active in the local PFLAG chapter falls under the LGBT umbrella? I'm confused.
>>
>>5364040
>>5364046
Not a man, silly anons.
>>
File: laughing dolls.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
laughing dolls.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>5363923
>being gay is legally recognized and socially acceptable
>>
File: bye.gif (392 KB, 455x325) Image search: [Google]
bye.gif
392 KB, 455x325
>>5364017
>Just because I'm not part of the cause doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.
Also doesn't mean you have a right to be here.
Au revoir.
>>
LGBT is just a term for all the people who have been called a "faggot"/"dyke". Hence including vegans wouldn't even be that bad of an idea, since they're still perceived close to the "faggots". We all essentially have the same problems. It's slowly changing though with people understanding what being "gay" or "transgender" really means.
>>
>>5363950
>How is transexuality any more or less similar to being gay than being black?

Because people discriminate against Transpeople because they are "gay"?
>>
>>5363973
If you really support trans people, you'd know that they're too small of a minority to advance their rights on their own and that their issues overlap with LGB. Also wanting to splinter the movement because some morons fail to see a distinction is childish. The leading organizations make it clear that gender identity and sexual orientation are two distinct concepts, and that both are valid. Hell, the goddamm acronym has four very clear labels that are well defined. We even have a special one for the lesbians since people are too retarded to understand that homosexuality goes for both genders.
>>
>>5364496
Cool, i have been called fag a couple of times, where do i sign up? What bennies are there?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.