[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LGBT and religion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 236a.jpg (50 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
236a.jpg
50 KB, 480x300
Anyone religious here or was born in a religious family? How supportive was your family of your sexual identity/orientation?
>>
Grew up Muslim and haven't come out to my family. I'm thinking about faking my own death so they'll never find out. I don't want them hunting me down to kill me
>>
>>5350000
and this, ladies, gentlemen and snowflakes, it's all we need to know about abrahamic relgions.
>>
File: 194109_5_.png (294 KB, 599x317) Image search: [Google]
194109_5_.png
294 KB, 599x317
>>5350000
>>5350039
That's funny, Islam used to be the most lgbt friendly religion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhannathun
>>
My family was Catholic but not very observant (wew lad what a rarity) and they were fairly accepting.

I myself am not religious, nor do I think I ever will be.
>>
>>5350092
you mean the most tranny-friendly religion, they want to holocaust the LGB folk.
>>
>>5350092
i am sorry, it seems you are mistaken.
thats only MtF it seems.

and never relax yourself when surrounded by strong islam-like fundamentalists.
>>
>>5350092
most third world countries were until imperialism happened. let's not forget that anti-lgbt laws are a product of victorian laws and european colonialism.
>>
>>5350129
i am sure that would depend on the zone.
anyway i am pretty sure homosexuality was not well looked upon in EU zone even before victorian era.
>>
>>5349956
Lesbian, born to a very christian family, though not fundamentalist or anything. I'm Dutch though.
>>
>>5350109
>>5350114
Actually I know this subject very well, homosexuality itself was not punished in early Islamic centuries it happened centuries later and came from a minority within the orthodox schools.
Homosexuality+prostitution, homosexuality+adultery was punished tho but same for heterosexuals.

It's ironic that the people who took power in Saudi Arabia and Iran are less progressive than their 8th century counterpart.
>>
>>5350172
Oh sorry I forgot to add. My family is very accepting.
>>
>>5350172

Do they have fundamentalists in Europe? I thought that movement was purely American.
>>
>>5350193
note that same can be said about homosexuality inearly christianity in most zones.
>>
>>5350039
>>5350244
This. The Abrahamic are awful and they keep going through periods of being mild to complete shit. We need the social left to realize that fundamentalist Islam needs to be talked about as much as they talk about fundamentalist Christianity. Maybe even more so considering modern Christians are far less violent than modern Muslims
>>
>>5350445
>fundamentalist Islam
that's a meme buzzword, calling extremists fundamentalists is very misleading, they don't rely on fundamentals.

also the problem is also the fact that we keep bombing middle-east, it doesn't help with education and that's thanks to right-wing shitters.
>>
Family is Southern Baptist. Mom was very confused but ultimately supporting (mtf trans). Dad died before I came out, I don't think he would have taken it well since he was a lot more religious than my mom
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.