[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop sitting on my ass and actually progress towards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: 1407011271512.png (35 KB, 753x773) Image search: [Google]
1407011271512.png
35 KB, 753x773
How do I stop sitting on my ass and actually progress towards transitioning?

I'm already on hormones. What am I supposed to do next?
>>
practice your voice?
>>
>>5344022
practice your makeup, your voice, body language, dressing like a girl, etc.

come on anon this is simple stuff
>>
>>5344036
how do you know you got a believeable voice?
what if you never learned male body language and just sort of winged it?
>>
>>5344054
voice is tricky. There's voice threads on this board all the time so post recordings there. Also check out the voice guide on /mtfg/.

idk about body language, but theres tons of stuff online
>>
>>5344054
answer phonecalls and see if you get called m'am
>>
>>5344054
>>5344036
>>5344031

Why should you have to practice things like female body language and voice? I thought you all were women born in men's bodies - all this should come naturally to you.

That is... unless... YOU'RE FETISHISTS}!!!
>>
>>5344070
kek
nice bait friend
>>
>>5344022
you wait and learn to live with dispohria

also, save for ffs
>>
>>5344082
Seriously though - none of you should have to "practice" anything about being a women (besides makeup) if that's what you are - if you have "female brains" like science has apparently been saying.
>>
>>5344022
Practice voice and make-up. You don't even have to leave your room to do that

>>5344070
Because it's something that has to be learned. Cis girls don't come out of the womb acting like that. They imitate other women when they're children to learn their behaviors.
>>
>>5344098
That's not how gender dysphoria works.

http://avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

Educate yourself, /pol/
>>
>>5344058
>Also check out the voice guide on /mtfg/.
First of all that voice guide is 100% useless for a beginner, it's basically "just do female voice lol" and rest is about training female voice range for females. Secondly I know it doesn't sound correct when I play it back to myself, even if it's higher voice than my usual, it's sort of dry, weak and airy for a talking voice. As if I had a really sore throat or something.

>idk about body language, but theres tons of stuff online
Every piece of advice I've found has been like 'girls be like this' sort of shit that isn't really natural unless you're going for a sassy drag queen routine. I don't really know what sort of stuff you're even supposed to look for. How subtle of a change is enough? What are the most important aspects?

>>5344063
I havent got a phonecall in like 2 years and the telemarketers that used to call me went by what it said on their records without me having to open my mouth.
>>
>>5344070
Probably because when you've been a guy your whole life, you have to unlearn the things you've been forced into, pretending to be a guy for the majority of your life does that to you.

Of course some transgirls have always been feminine acting even as a boy, those will have an easier time, but if you're the kind that didn't want to stand out / be a weirdo as a boy/man, you have to do your homework for when you're transitioning, though a lot comes natural to you, it's just that you have a huge unfamiliar territory to step into, so it's intimidating and difficult unless you get a fair bit of help.
>>
>>5344022
voice
makeup
fashion
hair
skin
mannerisms

those are your enemies
conquer them
>>
>>5344110
Lol imo a lot of the V3s aren't actually women or trans. They are dysfunctional males who latched onto transsexulaism because they were disatisfied with their lives
>>
>>5344162
that raises the question though,
wouldn't they experience transfemale to male dysphoria then?
>>
>>5344162
>tfw V3
>>
>>5344661
same desu, thanks to internet I still discovered trannies fairly quickly and connected the pieces together
>>
>>5344098
Why would they have female voices if they went through male puberty?
Maybe a femme way of speaking, but you can't really do much about that without practicing
>>
>>5345191
>Maybe a femme way of speaking, but you can't really do much about that without practicing

Seriously? I've known femmy gay boys who have talked like that since they were five. If you're TRULY trans, i.e., a woman in a man's body, you should naturally be like that. The rest of you are AGP fetishists. Not that there's anything wrong with that - I'm all for people being who they are - I'm just saying you may as well admit it.
>>
>>5345212
I just mean that puberty literally makes your voice deeper. If mtf were excluded from the affects of puberty they wouldn't need HRT and shit
>>
>>5344070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61L6hB7c1bg
>>
>>5344054
Everyone always says body language but they never provide anything so I'll try I guess. First sudden movements are bad. Think more fluid. Try to keep elbows on or near the sides. It will probably feel unnatural for a while. Makes you look smaller in general. Walk from the hips also. Shoulders shouldnt be swaying. When standing/talking with another girls usually face each other, guys usually stand shoulder to shoulder.
>>
>>5344022
bodily things? a few things come to mind
>SRS
>FFS
>VFS
>artificial clavicles and scapulae to shorten shoulders
>get braces/ invisalign to match female teeth >get tibia/fibula shortened if above 5'8"
>bleach asshole, you're going to need that to tie you over until SRS

social things?
>practice voice (passing is doable, you just gotta put the effort in)
>change legal name
>change legal sex/gender
>have sex as a woman??
>practice makeup; i swear to god if you go out looking like a clown... QUEEN OF THE HONS
>come out everywhere that won't eventually be stealth
>go full time everywhere
>go stealth
>>
>>5344162

Dysfunctional how if they end up progressing to high levels in their careers?
>>
>>5344022
You've missed out on 15+ years of being a girl, experiencing puberty and then becoming a woman; immerse yourself in what it means to be woman by:
>Figuring out your ideal self
>Asking yourself what it means to be a woman and to identify as that gender
>Making some friends with women and learning their ways
>Find your local lgbt support group so you can vent and ask questions
>Do a fuck ton of research
>>
>>5347637
>Find your local lgbt support group so you can vent and ask questions

You mean, find your local LGBT support group so you can watch a whole bunch of AFAB lunatics talk about being demiboys because they like trousers, listen to the insane ramblings of a 50-year-old fully-bearded man freak that doesn't have a shred of a chance at passing, but still insists that they be called "Helen" and is totally a woman (TM).

LGBT support groups are basically worse than hell itself for anyone who's both LGBT and sane.
>>
>>5352430
I'm passing now, but want a better voice. when I'm done, I'm going to try one of these meetings locally and see if this is just a myth
>>
i figured out the voice passing thing and ppl tell me my body language is fine but i still suck ass at makeup and clothes cause imo i look like shit no matter what im wearing so i have no way of telling if im dressing like a clown or not
>>
>>5352505
keep it simple, but femmy if you need the help in a certain area(s)

take photos of yourself and show them to select people you trust
>>
>>5345354
Looks like I had half of those down from just being an awkward fuck. Still gotta learn to sit and stand with my legs closer together.
>>
>>5352513
i dont really trust anyone though, most supportive people just lie and say you look great no matter what
>>
>>5352532
then do it the hard way,
go out in public and see if you get any weird looks or stares

experiencing the above was brutal for me, but effective
>>
>>5352505
that's something that scares me

i have no idea how to dress or do make up or have female mannerisms or any of that stuff

how would I ever pass as female even if I was on hormones?
>>
>>5345116
So are you gonna transition or not?
>>
>>5346197
Cause they did it as guys beforehand, then decided: "let me fuck my shit up" at 30
>>
>>5352553
I live in a fairly liberal arts so I'm not how overt anyone would be. I think I do a fairly decent boring everyday look but I'd like to be able to dress up a bit without looking like a drag queen and I'm not even sure it's possible.
>>
>>5344070
i agree with you, except for the voice. you know most people just talk with no effort in changing their voice right? i wish i could do that and sound like a girl

as for body language, i always had female body language. my parents even tried to force me into changing it when i was really young. it didn't quite work.
>>
>>5352491
Nice try Helen.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.