[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
California lifestyle, or gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: kurtlikesboys.jpg (15 KB, 278x303) Image search: [Google]
kurtlikesboys.jpg
15 KB, 278x303
I'm a straight guy, to get this story rolling, but I wouldn't say no to dating another guy if I really liked him, anyway

So this boy I met at work was acting completely giddy around me, he was around me all day, saying things like "omg" "I really look good without a shirt!" "want to see my tattoos?", shit a typically straight guy would never say... and he hangs out with the girls, wears pink sunglasses, and makes hearts symbols with his hands. Obvious right?

Then he asked me if I had a boyfriend. Told him politely no, but I didn't freak out or anything, tried to be nice. And he mentioned he was single, and asked me what my plans were for the weekend, etc. I just told him I was busy working my other job, etc, and have a good weekend.

Next week he was friendly with me, but trying to act more straight, wearing manlier clothing, growing facial hair, etc, asked me if I wanted to hang out and play video games. Randomly said he didn't have a girlfriend, etc, asked me if I did. He's a pretty attractive guy and could easily have a gf tbqh, so I don't know why he'd say that.

Any gay dudes here can comment on this? Is this a common thing, like a form of gay shame or something, where a gay guy interacts with a straight guy, and tries to act more straight for reasons? Does he think I'm going to hate him or something if he acts girly? Or maybe he likes me but is trying the old 'pretend to be straight and befriend me' thing to get closer to me?

I looked him up online and it says he's "interested in women", despite being so overpoweringly gay that it's cute.

What should I do about this boy? Should I just ask him if he's gay? I don't want to hurt his feelings, or be too weird, but it's pretty obvious he's interested in me but maybe is too afraid to come out about it. Or maybe he just wants to be my friend?

Who knows, I need advice
>>
he thinks your a "closet" homo like him and he thinks you're more into masculine men so he's trying to lay down on the queen act

of course he's a fucking fag what kind of straight men makes a conversation that goes
>do you have a gf? no? lol btw i'm single let's go out for a coffee
>>
>>5343081
>Then he asked me if I had a boyfriend.
Yep gay. Or you must look like a complete raging homo yourself, but then no straight person would ask that question ever.

>Is this a common thing
yes
>like a form of gay shame or something
yes
>where a gay guy interacts with a straight guy, and tries to act more straight for reasons?
yes
>Does he think I'm going to hate him or something if he acts girly?
definitely
>Or maybe he likes me but is trying the old 'pretend to be straight and befriend me' thing to get closer to me?
no.
>Should I just ask him if he's gay?
no
>it's pretty obvious he's interested in me but maybe is too afraid to come out about it.
true.
>Or maybe he just wants to be my friend?
yes. Friend as in "crying himself to sleep because he can't have you" friend.
>>
>>5343081
Just tell him you're not gay and not interested in that kind of relationship. End of conversation
>>
>>5343154
I'm pretty masculine myself, but I'm not attracted to other masculine men

He's not doing it right
>>
>>5343198
>Friend as in "crying himself to sleep because he can't have you" friend.

I'd consider it if I knew he was gay, that's the point of this thread, but if he's more interested in maintaining the illusion of being 'straight' than I don't want to break that by asking if hes gay
>>
>>5343429
>if he's more interested in maintaining the illusion of being 'straight' than I don't want to break that by asking if hes gay
Well you shouldn't just ask anyway.
Either he is and he'll shut himself off out of fear, or he isn't and he's offended for you even suggesting the possibility of him being gay.
>>
>>5343513
Rofl, this guy asked me if I had a boyfriend, that's pretty much asking if I'm gay

I'm straight and that didn't offend me, why would it offend someone who is actually gay?
>>
>>5343544
>why would it offend someone who is actually gay?
Because you're straight.
>>
>>5343081
Everybody in LA is a flaming faggot, straight or gay. It's a city full of faggots.
>>
File: 1445003889767.png (13 KB, 367x461) Image search: [Google]
1445003889767.png
13 KB, 367x461
This is why I am afraid of coming out of the closet, I still want to make straight friends and I don't want them to think I have some faggy crush on them or that they don't want to be around gay people so they don't look gay.

I don't want to hang around girls... I just want too have m8s to banter with...
>>
>>5343628
Well don't ask your guy friends if they have a boyfriend then bro.

It's really that simple.
>>
>>5343646
then how will i know if they're available :^)
>>
>>5343831
facebook?
>>
>>5343544
You're answering your own question. He didn't even ask if you were gay - he assumed it by asking if you had a boyfirend. He would have no right to be upset if you asked him if he were gay.

And Im sorry to nitpick, but Jesus Christ man - you're considering dating a guy but you insist on calling yourself straight? You do realize the term bisexual exists, right? You could even use heteroflexible if you're not opposed to the new-age tumblr orientations.
>>
>>5343081
maybe he's straight and making fun of you-he presumes you're gay and want to laugh at your expense

nothing he does makes sense if he's gay
I mean, if I were interested in someone, I'd just ask straight out ask them for a date. Acting "giddy" around someone would just make me look like a retard, and I'd waste my time if the other guy is actually straight, engaged or simply not interested.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.