[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to press a button to be straight. I've tried so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
I want to press a button to be straight.

I've tried so hard to run steady with a girl, but I just can't do it. I fucking hate this aspect of my life.
>>
Why do you want to be straight?
>>
here's a tip
when having sex, think of her clit like a very small dick
you can't suck it off or sharpie in pooper, but you can lick it and stuff
>>
>>5341152
I know how you feel. I've tried multiple times to settle down in a straight relationship but since none of them can satisfy me they see themselfs as worthless and leave me.
>>
>>5341152
Don't feel bad, man. You gotta do you. If you don't, you'll always hate yourself. Embrace this shit, man, and you may find that you'll be happier.
>>
>>5341165
I can't really say. I just want to live a normal life without this weight on my shoulders.

>>5341184
Yeah...

>>5341193
I'm already dealing with intense depression unrelated to my sexuality. My being a faggot is just another item on my shitlist.

>>5341182
I'm telling you, I've tried.
>>
>>5341216
>I can't really say. I just want to live a normal life without this weight on my shoulders.
How supportive is your environment? How did your family take it? Friends? Or are you still in the closet? Tell us more, faganon.
>>
>>5341216
You just need to focus on living your life out how you wish. I realize that may seem like an overstated point to make, but it's true. As long as you aren't hurting those around you directly, live your life with or without whomever you want to be with.
>>
>>5341152
IKTF.

Why me? WHY ME? WHY ME?
>>
Being gay is like having some sort of mental illness, and when you say that you get all the other crab mentality mentally ill people telling you that you're wrong. This is because they've deluded themselves into believing it's normal.

Gay "acceptance" = denial brainwashing.

I want to be normal. I want to be straight.
>>
>>5341152
The fatigue gets better when you give up on str8 life. Trust me I know your feel. Are you politician or something? You could spin the shit out of this. Hell, we'll help you.
>>
>>5341300
The fact that society and other people have made you feel this way about YOURSELF when you don't need to be is the entire reason LGBT people fight every single day.

Regardless of whether its a "mental illness" or not, wrong or right, whatever-

You shouldn't have to live your life in shame, telling yourself that you are an abomination, when you haven't done a single thing wrong. You didn't choose to be attracted to anything, you didn't choose to want to identify as anything, you are who you are and you don't deserve to have to live with shame and regret over YOU.

fuck /pol/
>>
>>5341351
When people have other mental illnesses they are actively supported and given TREATMENT. When you're gay and you know it's wrong and want TREATMENT for your mental illness you are just bombarded with crab mentality delusion.
>>
why are closeted people such dramatic faggots?

closeted fags are the worst. they're insecure, selfish, liars, etc.

just an hero. that's a permanent cure.
>>
>>5341382
I'm not closeted. I'm out to my friends and parents, all of whom were incredibly supportive of my sexuality.

I already know that suicide is an option. I just got back from my nightly "stand on an overpass and contemplate jumping" excursion when I posted this.
>>
>>5341576
If the people you care about the most are fine with this being your reality, then why the fuck do you care about what the rest of society thinks?

Wanting to jump off an overpass honestly sounds like some major depression issues, so please talk to someone, ideally a professional. I honestly can't imagine what would otherwise make someone who has acceptance from the people they're close to want to kill themselves "nightly".
>>
>>5341300
People are not machines. We have no fixed directive when it comes to life.

You can either accept yourself and do what will make you happy or continue trying to live up to the expectations laid out before you and cause yourself more anguish and pain. I truly wish you the best, my friend.
>>
>>5341576
I would give anything for all of my family to accept me for who I am. If you're dealing with problems like you say you are, please try to seek help from a medical professional.

I myself continue to struggle with similar issues to this day. This is one reason why I will never be able to own a firearm without the constant risk of blowing the brains out the top of my skull. I think perhaps you should try and avoid thinking of sex and romance for the time being and focus on improving your perspective of yourself.
>>
>>5341265
Why not you?

People are born with horrible, debilitating diseases in third world countries where they will only know pain and suffering their entire lives. Why them? Why not you?

Get a little gratitude in your life.
>>
>>5341371

1. In order for something to be considered a "mental illness" it must be inherently maladaptive - that is, the condition by itself must impair your ability to function in day to day life. Being gay alone doesn't do this. Being depressed BECAUSE you're gay may impair your ability to function, but that's depression, not homosexuality, and speaks more to the fact that homosexuality is still considered "bad" or taboo by the general public. Again, homosexuality alone does not meet the criteria for mental illness.

2. There is no effective "treatment" for homosexuality. Conversion therapy doesn't even claim to turn you straight - it just purportedly helps you to resist your gay urges. You won't become attracted to the opposite sex, and will most likely remain miserable.

As was said before in this thread, you can either come to terms with yourself and do what makes you happy, or spend your life trying to conform to the expectations of others. One path leads to fulfillment and happiness and the other leads to pain and suffering. It's really your choice.
>>
I know how you feel, OP, or at least I think I do.

I'm like you but the opposite.
>>
>>5341152
AHAHAHAHA FAGGOT I WOULD KILL AND DRINK THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND BABIES NOT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH WOMEN. YOURE A FUCKING IDIOT DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET LAID WITH WOMEN IF YOURE NOT AT LEAST 7/10 IN LOOKS AND PERSONALITY? LITERALLY I TAKE SPIRO JUST TO GET AWAY FROM THIS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT LITERALLY ALL THAT STANDS BETWEEN ME AND SHOOTING UP A SCHOOL
>>
>>5341641
It does impair my ability to function, also I'm not depressed. I'm just being rational. Not being attracted to women is an impairment.
>>
>>5342242
getting laid with women is quite easy broheim
>>
>>5342242
Women don't like you because you're a fucking psycho idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 960x640
>>5342242
Kill them all Johnny
>>
>>5342628
If it was easy then why are so many men shooting up schools? Surely gathering the courage for a gun battle with a SWAT team is harder than talking to girls? So you can't say it's because they are pussies. "just talking to girls" doesn't work if you're ugly or autistic.
>>5342632
Is this just ad hominem or do you have any rational argument to back up your claims?
>>
>>5342801
Because those men are fed with media that tells them from what level they are supposed to start, so they throw themselves into it expecting perfect result from the get go, which never happens.

No, just talking to girls isn't going to work if you have nothing going for you and you view that as a great victory.
The problem is that no one has ever told these guys what confidence is, and how to build their confidence. The've never been told how to solve problems outside of movies, video games and anime, so they react by the only way they know.
>>
>>5342826
C'mon everybody normal gets some sort of involvement with the opposite sex by their twenties if that's what they wanted. If you are actively trying and getting nowhere for so many years that's a little beyond "not a perfect result" don't you think? You are acting like Mercer shot up that school because he didn't get kissed by 15.
>>
>>5342624
>It does impair my ability to function

No, it doesn't. Not inherently. You allow it to because of your negative feelings about homosexuality. A little acceptance would clear that right up.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness because it causes hallucinations and delusions - distortioins of reality that drastically interfere with your life. Generalized anxiety disorder is a mental illness because it causes physiological panic attacks in public. Bi-polar disorder is a mental illness because it's directly responsible for crippling mood swings which severely disrupt normal functioning.

Homosexuality, inherently, does not cause any dysfunction in day to day life. A homosexual is just as capable of living a healthy, happy, productive life as anyone else. The same can't be said for the aforementioned mental illnesses - unless they receive treatment. Homosexuals need no treatment for homosexuality to improve their functioning.

You're wrong and you're stupid. Now accept yourself ;)
>>
File: gay.png (31 KB, 579x366) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
31 KB, 579x366
I made this about five years ago in an attempt to convince myself to stay closeted. It worked, I guess.
>>
>>5344121

With the exception of disease, all of those are related to the way other people treat gay people, not inherent to being gay itself, and being closeted won't affect how easily you can catch a disease from another person.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.