[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you scared of special snowflakes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 579x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 579x600
Sorry!People are not as cut and dry as society wants them to be. We learned this from the 1950s when gay people were still being beat up and stoned for their "choice" of loving men instead of women.

Society has always developed moulds to stick people in out of convience or just plain prejudice .

This didn't mean variations didn't exist, it just meant they were closeted. When people make this "special snowflake" accusation, it just sounds like they are trying to shove people back into moulds out of fear.

A lot of LGBT hates on special snowflake orentions because they think they undermines the integrity of the movement. But if the movement falls apart that easily, then it deserves to be broken down, and reconstructed in a way that takes a more inclusive view on human sexuality and reality.

Understanding diversity isn't a bad thing, and shouldn't be seen as a threat. Really, it's a blessing because we are able to look at the world in a more sophisticated way.

Wouldn't you rather see the world as it IS, rather than some fake oversimplified version?
>>
do you want people running around thinking that they're dogs or flowers or some other random shit and not getting help?
>>
Nobody is "scared" of special snowflakes, they're just boring and insipid people, and sane people don't have time to listen to their bullshit.
>>
I'm not gonna enable people who sexually identify as casserole dishes who change their gender or lack thereof more frequently than their underwear
>>
File: what transgender actually is.jpg (238 KB, 648x865) Image search: [Google]
what transgender actually is.jpg
238 KB, 648x865
Reminder
>>
>>5340446
>Wouldn't you rather see the world as it IS, rather than some fake oversimplified version?

That is the entire problem. Our version is not fake. Most of these special snowflakes cannot prove that they are anyway different in a significant sense than already established labels. What's worse, they think that either they are better than everyone else or they think that others should be obligated to recognize their special brand of "snowflakiness." If 99.5% of the rest of the world fits in these categories, then the spectrum of defined categories is clearly enough.

When does breaking out of a repressive mould end and making up bullshit start?
>>
>>5340632
>If 99.5% of the rest of the world fits in these categories, then the spectrum of defined categories is clearly enough.
Not really, you have to have some category to put everything in, even if that category is just 'other'.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
How about this:

Gay-acceptable
Lesbian-acceptable
Bi-acceptable
Pan sexual-acceptable
Asexual-acceptable( when sexual attraction has never been felt and hormones are normal)
Greysexual-acceptable
Demisexual-acceptable if you join AVEN
Intersex-acceptable
Transgender-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria.
Bigender-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria
Genderqueer-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria
Agender-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria
AGP-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria, unacceptable when not.
Two spirit-acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria
Demigirl/boy acceptable when accompanied by body dysphoria

Not acceptable:
Any fetishists with an orientation besides asexual.
Pedophiles
Necrophiles
Furries
Other kin
Any kink stuff
>>
>>5340446
For starters, I'm not scared of any of them in any way shape or form, and in someways I understand how they feel, I just disagree with the way they conduct themselves. That's not to say that I don't believe they have the right to be the way they are, I just refuse to indulge it.

In many ways, I too feel I'm quite exceptional, but where I differ from the tumblr snowflakes is that I don't feel that me being exceptional makes me in any way special or deserving of being treated differently to the vast majority of people who "fit in". At the end of the day I'm just one tiny drop of water in a vast ocean, ie. I'm just a human, like every other human on this planet.

"Understanding diversity isn't a bad thing, and shouldn't be seen as a threat.". This is incredibly true, but we see it from different perspectives, diversity isn't a threat to any of us, but neither are any of us a threat to diversity.

I feel a majority of people tend to have a very simplistic view of things, they see the world in black and white, right or wrong, good vs bad, a complete binary viewpoint even when that clashes with someone else's viewpoint. Then there are the kind of people that see the differences yet can still only comprehend the world in terms of absolute complexity, they can't accept the fact that there are commonalities between many of us.

Then we get to the very small minority of people who can see that both exist, pure simplicity AND absolute complexity, and can exist together, simultaneously, and are intrinsically intertwined with each other. For example, someone can be different from someone else, and there's most definately a scale of how different they are, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily any better or worse, they're just different, and whether they're more or less different than than someone else who is also different, they are still ... just ... different. Not special, just different.

(more to come)
>>
>>5340731
cont....

I have 2 theories with regards to tumblr snowflakes ....
Firstly, as we become more and more globalised, less focussed on our local environment & population, those of us who are different stand out less and less, and some will clammer & scream & shout for recognition of their individual differences.
Secondly, almost all of us will go through some kind of rebelious stage, fight the system etc. With humanity becoming generaly more diverse and accepting of this diversity there's not much left for people to rebel against, hence the current trend for younger people to engage in politics more, but also 'inventing' socio-political battles for themselves to fight.

At the end of the day it all boils down to being that the vast majority of us are just here for the ride, enjoy the ride as best as you can and don't be a cunt to other people (yes, some things really can be that simple).
>>
>>5340519
/thread
>>
File: 0atKwrR.gif (180 KB, 384x264) Image search: [Google]
0atKwrR.gif
180 KB, 384x264
>>5340446
Thanks for this OP I'm tired of facing oppression for identifying as eggsalad-kin
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 345x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 345x542
>>5340446
I'm disappointed you didn't condemn and rejected the phrase "special snowflake" itself, since you're clearly not in favor of what it represents.
But really you're wasting your time arguing about this on /lgbt/. It'll take more than one persuasive post to keep this board from remaining the most conservative LGBT community on the internet.
It's not the entire LGBT community or even an especially large or important part of it. This is not where the agenda of "the movement" is decided, which is part of why the posters here are so bitter about people and ideas they don't like being supported elsewhere.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.