[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /closet case/ here? When are you gonna man up and come out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: 1449207535445.jpg (40 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1449207535445.jpg
40 KB, 300x364
Who /closet case/ here? When are you gonna man up and come out?
>>
and lose family, friends, all respect from anyone, and financial support? fuck no!
>>
Fuck off ginch
>>
>>5336867
Well, I for one am getting my SRS paid for by grandparents. Sure worth coming out.
>>
Wont come out because I don't want any extra attention. They'll figure it out sooner or later, hopefully I've moved far away by then.
>>
>>5336880
not worth losing everything though
>>
>>5336867
This.
So the answer is never.
>>
>>5336827
Came out to my dad yesterday, actually. He took it well and his biggest concern was if my decision truly makes me happy. Feels great.
Don't plan on telling the rest of my family anytime soon, though, my mother especially since she's more conservative and has anger issues.
>>
>>5336827
Doesn't matter, I'll never have a qt bara bf.
>>
File: 1446201552737.png (112 KB, 359x393) Image search: [Google]
1446201552737.png
112 KB, 359x393
>Told my father I was gay after I got rejected for my first love confession to a friend
>I was upset and he was initially supportive
>Eventually he got really angry about it and I left the house. I became homeless for a while.
>Eventually I came back and he never talked about it ever again
>Several weeks later he's back to asking me when I'm going to get a GF
>He keeps on telling me how he finds homosexuality acceptable and keeps on asking me about my lesbian friends
>He really strikes me as the 'I find homosexuality acceptable as long as my children arent homos but gay people are gross lesbians are better' kind of person
>He keeps going through my wardrobe and finds all my not-so-masculine clothes
>I'm going on a date with a guy soon and I have no clue how I'm going to break it to him for a second time
>Mfw

I came out the closet and now have no clue what to do. I'm essentially back in the thing because the people I've told (not merely my father) are in denial. It's not as if I go around shoving my sexuality down people's throats but it's demoralizing to have people reach out to me to figure out why I'm upset then make the situation worse.

In the end I suppose nothing can be done. I'll just go on this date, keep it a secret, and fall hopelessly in love somewhere down the line because I'm a clingy idiot.

Feels pretty bad. I'm not even envious of people who have their family support them. I'm envious of people who have their family understand and listen to them. Out of all the happy stories I read I had to be the one with this situation? Goddamnit.
>>
>>5336827
there's literally no reason to go out and say it to people unless you want to fuck them or start a relationship with them.
If people ask, I'd say "yes, I'm a faggot", but otherwise, it's stupid.
>>
I will come out after I found a cute bf.
>tfw no bf
>>
I'm thinking of coming out this Christmas. Probably won't do it, though.
>>
>>5337108
not even your family?

jeeeeeeze
>>
>>5337145
Well, an update. I decided to make a drunken phone call to my mom and came out. She was very affirming and apparently my cousin is a lesbian (I thought I just misheard when my mom told me she had broken up with [female name] some months ago). I'm crying and laughing. This is literally the only moment I've been genuinely happy in years and I feel stupid for assuming my family was prejudiced.
>>
>>5338997
Nah it's better and smarter to assume the worst (for safety, expectations, etc.) but I'm happy everything worked out for you anon
>>
>>5337145
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNjuB_lwgQE
>>
>>5337108
same here
i might "come out" to someone i wanna have sex with, and only if i seriously think they might be/are homo or bi

otherwise, no reason
>>
pros?
>>
>>5336827
>When are you gonna man up and come out?
when I figure out what the fuck I am.
>>
there's no point. i am a shut in hermit.
>>
>>5336867
i seriously don't understand why anyone would willingly associate with people that don't like them for who they are.

like i know closeted fags are very jewlike but damn at least have some principles. but you probably don't because if your parents aren't smart enough to respect someone for their differences they probably didn't raise you correctly.
>>
>>5341437
It's not always just parents though. I don't feel like my parents would handle it well, but they wouldn't shun me or anything. However, they wouldn't be able to shut the fuck up and keep it to themselves

Quotes from other family members include:
>I'm tired of seeing gay people on TV
>When I found out that [other family member] was gay, I told him not to talk to me
>(after Obergefell v Hodges) It sure is a dark day today

I mean the holidays are bad enough already. No need to make that any worse
>>
I did about a month ago
Nothing is different
Maybe I'm slightly less self-hating?
>>
>>5338997
Are you Finnish? I've seen a very similar post on /int/ yesterday.
>>
>>5341888
If you mean KC /int/, then I'm the same guy.
>>
>>5341891
That feel when you aren't the only 4chan/lgbt - kc/int crossposter.
>>
>>5341891
Don't be too happy Finn-friend. You are still a Finn in Funnland. That means you are autistic and will have to get a bf using memes cos your country men don't socialize without getting drunk. :^)
>>
There's literally no point in my coming out. Either as gay or as having mild gender dysphoria. I'm 27 almost 30, have no friends, have slept with one woman (it didn't work), and I'm struggling just to turn up for work every day.

Coming out would just mean a lot of questions, no-one believing me and making other LGBT people look bad by association. I don't have the right to be open.
>>
>>5337064
Maybe move out
>>
File: 1444890186319.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1444890186319.png
246 KB, 550x535
>>5341491
>less self-hating
>self-hating

Just now finding out that this is a huge problem in the LGBT community... because I am dealing with this hardcore after coming out.

Reactions were mixed. The good reactions were a little boost. The bad reactions were devastating.

Thinking back on the bad ones... I sometimes wish I had never come out.
>>
>>5336827

I have two conditions that would have to be met before I would.

>I fail boy mode and am gendered female consistently
>My parents become more LGBT friendly or I become financially independent
>>
File: 1430688948504.jpg (116 KB, 353x357) Image search: [Google]
1430688948504.jpg
116 KB, 353x357
>>5342009
>>5341891
Gibe drunken autistic mene bf, plox
>>
File: pep.jpg (26 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
26 KB, 500x366
>>5336827
Never hopefully

>mfw my parents tell me they want grandkids
>>
>>5336827
I have only told my best friend, I think my family would be accepting. Except for my dad i know deep down he would hate me.
>>
>>5342440
>tfw this
>tfw straight big brother
He better fucking get her pregnant
>>
>>5341437
What does "who you are" even mean? They love me and I am currently a closeted homosexual. What's your point?
>>
>>5338997
And now my dad sent a txt: "Anon, I love you t. dad". He's probably drunk at the moment, should I call him?
>>
I'm not, just gonna run once my transition is far enough along to be noticeable.
>>
>>5343003
Called him. It was a bit disappointing, but I shouldn't have expected some affirming response from a 60 year old man. "Did something happen to you as a child that caused this?" "It's good to be honest with yourself" and then compared my gayness to his alcoholism.

I probably sound very ungrateful since many people get horrible shit from their parents, but this kind of lukewarm response left me somewhat unsatisfied. I think I'll just give him more time to process it.
>>
I'm waiting to see how I react psychologically to hrt and when I get a place of my own. If I have a good reaction and decide to continue then I'll come out.. until then, no one needs to know.
>>
>>5343500
Wait... you're Finnish and your 60 year old dad sends you a text with the literal words "I love you t. dad"?

That's already an exceptional event by itself. He accepts and tries to understand you, you should be happy about that.
>>
>>5343500
Also while the comparison might not be 100% accurate - one is in theory preventable and a disease, the other one is neither - the end result is similar: you were both dealt a shitty hand in life and have to make best of it.

Old geezers don't tend to be very open about the topic of alcoholism either, so maybe he was offering the point as a token of openness.

t. bsc in kitchen psychology
>>
>>5343572
>>5343626
Well, not literally. "You are dear to me" but I think "I love you" conveys the sense better in English.

But you are right, I'm being unreasonably critical when he's just trying to understand me.
>>
Bi here, obviously not coming out. I'd have to insane when I have the option to just go along being straight.
>>
>Mid twenties
>came to terms with muh gayness, and gave up hope on being bi, three years ago
>Wonder why I've been closeted for so long
>While talking with my brother in law over skype about a date. I fucked up and outed myself. Came out to my brother in law, and later his family, because they are ex-hippy actor public school teachers. Genuinely kind folks, very supportive I felt so happy to finally be honest.
>Then brother in law warns me that my sister might not take it so well, and that he'd speak up for me if I ever choose to come out to her.
>Don't quite understand, my sister can't be a bigot, but take his word for it.
>Few weeks go by, and notice that my sister constantly talks about how much she hates her lesbian neighbor. She then expresses her sincere hope that her infant son isn't gay because it's "unproductive and selfish."
>start to understand why I've been so closeted
>Remember that just before their long ugly divorce my mother's favorite insult was to call my father a "faggot" for not wanting to sleep with her in their bed while he was cheating on her with another woman.
>My mother laughs about how a majority of people oppose LGBT rights in our state (both horrible and also false, because a majority of people support LGBT rights), and talks about how the fags should just leave when they're not wanted.
>The few times I talk to my Dad he constantly talks about how happy he'll be when I start making him some grandchildren.
>realize why I've been so closeted.

At this point I don't even care about telling my family anymore.

Me being out might get them to change their minds, but I no longer think my life is any of their business. I already know what they think about gay people, they're more distant to me than my brother in law's family, and now I can't help but resent them and their beliefs.
>>
Never, because it's no one's business.
>>
Even if I am bi, I would not come and give certain people in my life the satisfaction. Some family members joke and berate me with fucked up gay jokes. I dont want to prove them right after 20some years
>>
I'm out to all of my immediate community. I'm waiting (dreading) the day when I announce it online where all my *sigh* deeply religious family on my moms side can see it.
>>
I'm secretly a lipstick lesbian. But yet since I'm raised from a conservative family it's hard for me to open up my sexuality. Though I've known a lot of girls who were so obviously gay that flirted with me. Fuck me.
>>
My family's several timezones away and they likely already know. I'm living downtown in an ultraliberal city. But I'm extremely shy, don't have friends, and am a dateless virgin over 30.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 526x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 526x489
>mfw my parents want to move in when I get married
Lolno, even if they weren't Westboro supporters.
>mfw they won't shut the fuck up about grand kids
>mfw they saved my baby clothes and all my baby books to give to my kids
>>
File: giphy.gif (780 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
780 KB, 500x380
>>5336827
I told by brother I was a trans girl. He might help me come out to the rest of my family on Christmas. I am thinking of making a gift, and a card to put under the tree.
>>
>>5336827
Never. I might tell a few close friends but at this point I've accepted I can never come out. I'm considering just faking a relationship with a girl. I'm a pretty good actor, I could probably pull it off.
>>
I don't even have a girlfriend, there's no need to come out. If I do, I want to be financially stable first, my dad is the one who gives me money and I kinda need it now.
>>
>>5336867
This. Just waiting till I graduate and have a job before I do anything.
> tfw that's only a year away.
>>
I don't see a reason to come out to anyone unless they ask me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
I find it a million times easier to hit on guys while drunk than women. There are times I just want to be like oh hey Im gay because life feels like it would be a lot easier, especially finding someone with the same hobbies as me. I just don't know. The only long term relationship I had was with a girl and every time after that I've only had one night stands with a few guys and a few girls. I'm pretty fucked in the head in confusion.
>>
File: 1436748512756.jpg (25 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1436748512756.jpg
25 KB, 399x388
>>5345841
>deeply religious family

I know this feel. Everybody around me right now is cool, but I have three brothers and their families in another state and they're way into Pentecostalism. Whenever they find out about me (gay and trans), I'll probably lose them. Kind of a shame, they're cool people aside from the religious bullshit. Fuck, I just wish religion wasn't even a thing.
>>
>>5357636
>tfw no religious family to make uncomfortable with my fagginess
>tfw immediate family is all non-religious, except for ultra mellow sister who doesn't get bothered by anything

I feel like I'm missing out on so much.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.