[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone explain me the non-binary expressions? I just made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: daily0(4).jpg (83 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
daily0(4).jpg
83 KB, 480x853
Could someone explain me the non-binary expressions? I just made one of the most important people in my life cry and depressed, saying "everyone is either a boy or a girl". I'm a transsexual person, which makes me hard to believe that it may be real. If gender is just an expression, so why is my dysphoria almost a physical pain to me? Why do I want to fuck up my genitals? I'd understand if they told me "I'm female, but gender is not something important to me". But they told me they're agender and I basically did them the same shit my parents did to me hearing I'm trans. I really want to support them but the non-binary thing just sounds stupid to me. Don't judge my mate, they really are an intelligent person, you don't even know them... I wish I could say "she" though because "they" sounds super weird desu.
Picture unrelated.
>>
They cried because they have internalized misogyny and don't like societies categorization of them. They are probably ashamed of being a girl and want to "identify out". Little do they know that no one gives a fuck if they identify as "agender", to everyone with a brain they are still a woman cause they look like one durrrrrrrrrr a fucking durrrrrrrrrr nonbinaries are retards I'm sorry. Your friend probably wants to feel special too "I'm not like the other girls". It's also funny that they cried like a little girl, something girls do, even though they are "not a girl". Nonbinary girls tend to be little feminine cry babies or gross fatties 90% of the time
>>
>>5331306
This post basically explains it all.

Ultimate tumblr trend.
>>
>>5331002
you did nuffin wrong

the other person should be ashamed for delegitimatizing your issues with their special snowflake bs
>>
> why is it that people do things different and don't all feel exactly the same about all topics of interest
> on /lgbt/

The trolling on this board is weird as fuck
>>
Everyone is either a boy or a girl; depending on your chromosomes and genitalia, your sex is decided.

Anything past that is 100% mental bullshit.

Case closed. Stupid fucking kids.
>>
>>5331306
This. It's a special snowflake cry for attention. First it was teen werewolves and now it's adult agenders.
>>
File: 1431346616042.png (48 KB, 400x436) Image search: [Google]
1431346616042.png
48 KB, 400x436
>>5331306
To be honest I'm not sure whether they cried or not, because we were just chatting via text… they acted just like everytime they cry though… but it really happens rarely. They're not much of a girl and I always knew it. And they're not so selfish, so I believe it's legitimate… to be honest it's not so hard to understand it. I thought a bit about it. Maybe there are just people to whom gender is not really so important… I highly identify with the female gender, but maybe some people just don't like to make such a deal of their identity and be called a "man" or a "woman".
>>
>>5331306
My collection of anecdotes supports this. It seems to be near 100% focused on gender roles in society (of course, these roles are in part influenced by biology).
So instead of viewing oneself as a man/woman who doesn't fit a more traditional view of the gender, the label a-/bigender is used, because they aren't "women" or "men" according to societal standards. Notwithstanding that no human being is an exact carbon copy of their gender role, in fact I'd say very few are actually close, and that sex is (!) different from gender, as they say themselves - I certainly am useless at playing a female gender role, and there are many girly things I don't identify with, but that doesn't contradict in any way that I absolutely identify as being of the female sex.

I do believe there are genuine cases of zero sex identity, but very, very few. I might be underestimating but there's no way they are as many as they seem to be.
>>
i'm nonbinary but my experience with dysphoria is similar to that of binary trans people, to the point i thought i was binary for awhile. people really can feel dysphoria towards being either male or female; there's a lot of variation in how dysphoria manifests. being nonbinary is no more about expression than being trans - it sometimes plays a role, but the important part is still identity & dysphoria. i used to have a long copy-pasted informative post on nonbinary gender that i'd put in an infrequent nonbinary general, but i stopped posting it due to lack of interest.

there's a lot of bullshit on 4chan about all nonbinary people being tumblr extremists who confuse gender roles & expression with identity, but those people aren't any more frequently nonbinary than they are binary trans. people as a whole confuse these things all the time, and nonbinary &/or trans people are still susceptible to falling for that simply because we all grew up in this society.
>>
I call myself non-binary, but mainly because I'm a failure at being MtF. Passing feels like a consolation prize because I have to work at it. And the thing is, I made a fairly attractive twink as a guy and I had no problem getting dates. So telling people I identify as "both" is just a way of coping with being an ugly woman and giving up on transitioning fully.
>>
>>5332930
as someone who frequently interacts with various other nonbinary people, i can assure you there's plenty of us who don't conflate our genders with any dislike of gender roles in the slightest. most of us are well aware that we would have no need to conform to any gender roles that didn't fit us if we belonged to the gender we were assigned at birth. we simply don't belong to those genders at all, for varied reasons usually having to do with dysphoria of some kind.
>>
>>5331002
Some people are just as uncomfortable having to be one or the other, as others are having to be the wrong one. It's restricting to the individual. Some people like their gender free-range instead of keeping them pinned up in different factions.
I'll admit though, "they" is stupid. We need an English singular pronoun that works for men, women and anything in between.
>>
>>5333017
>>>5331002 (OP)
>We need an English singular pronoun that works for men, women and anything in between.
so they, then? it's had that usage for centuries, though further in the past it was restricted to hypothetical individuals rather than specific ones. using singular they does increase ambiguity a little, but introducing a neopronoun that eliminates that ambiguity is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>5331306
>idk shit about that person but let me use my armchair psychology and retarded generalizations so i can feel smart
>>
File: 1399784665866.png (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1399784665866.png
32 KB, 500x500
>>5332162
>to be honest it's not so hard to understand it. I thought a bit about it. Maybe there are just people to whom gender is not really so important… I highly identify with the female gender, but maybe some people just don't like to make such a deal of their identity and be called a "man" or a "woman".

NO transgirl would say something like that

you're not tricking anyone, OP
you're not mtf

you're a non-binary special snowflake, and you made this thread to convince us by pretending to be one of us

fuck off
>>
>>5333086
there are tons of trans girls who recognize the existence of nonbinary people, though. being trans doesn't equate to subscribing to the exact same beliefs as all other trans people, believe it or not.
>>
>>5333086
>I'm a retarted idiot and don't understand that not everyone is as dumb as me
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.