[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I'm gay and want to turn my kid gay." This is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1449098098891.jpg (896 KB, 874x4870) Image search: [Google]
1449098098891.jpg
896 KB, 874x4870
Sally Kohn, political commentator for CNN, Fox News and MSNBC says she's gay, wants her daughter to be gay and gently tries to sway her in that direction.
She went public with it.

This is wrong unless it's to show nurture can't turn someone gay even if tried.

The article paints gays as wannabe recruiters.
This is bad bad bad for our image.
Even if it can't be done, the effort is disgust-worthy.

We say to people we're harmless as we can't convert people to homosexuality. Meaning a community can embrace us as respected members without being altered.

What should we do about articles like this? I suspect they may incite homophobia as they make our common arguments seem insincere.

I recall there was an article that even said 50% of Brits admitted to being at least a little gay.

Should we write a letter and ask Sally Kohn what is she up to?
If she's genuinely trying to convert her daughter, we should ask her to stop and to stop writing articles that demonize us.
>>
Its the bloody daily mail, it's all spin.

I don't see anywhere in that article where she's grooming her daughter to be gay - she's just upset because she's not gay, follow in footsteps etc, it's borderline satire.

The Daily Mail is trash and you should stop paying any attention to it.
>>
she's not grooming her kid to be gay lol so what if she'd rather her daughter be gay? anyone getting upset about that obviously thinks homosexuality is wrong cus what else is there to be mad about?
>>
>>5329464
Sally pls go. You get enough attention relative to your contribution to society. Add something to any conversation besides a condescending sneer and good cheekbones. Then we'll talk about you more.
>>
>>5329510
>I don't see anywhere in that article where she's grooming her daughter to be gay
What about: "When my daughter plays house with her stuffed kiala bears as the mom and dad, we gently remind her that they could be a dad and a dad."
and "we've bought every picture book featuring gay families..."
Or worse: "The problem is not the idea that homosexuality could be a choice..."
>>
>>5329565
she's making sure her daughter knows that being gay is okay and won't be a homophobic cunt... duh? jeeze. what do u think it means lmao
>>
>>5329464
I agree that this is wrong, but we shouldn't pretend it's any worse than straight parents trying to turn their kids straight.
>>
>>5329596
I guess she's just trying to show that even with parenting full of gay "propaganda" the kid stays the same sexuality.

Maybe I should've seen this right away.
>>
>>5329596
if a child's parents both liked starwars and wanted their child to like star wars is that asking too much?
>>
>>5329682
>if a child's parents both liked starwars and wanted their child to like star wars is that asking too much?
It's pretty douchebaggy behavior regardless what the topic is.
>>
>>5329464
Call me when it's a guy doing that, I have no business with lesbians.
>>
File: 1449116233105.jpg (50 KB, 369x380) Image search: [Google]
1449116233105.jpg
50 KB, 369x380
>This is wrong, /lgbt/ we should do something
>/lgbt/
>doing somthing
>>
>>5329464
>living in the liberal bubble
Thought so. And I had to look 3 times before it finally dawned on me that that is in fact a woman.
>>
Its ALWAYS lesbians
>>
>>5329464
This is lgbt
> it's only wrong when straights do this shit

Nice try tho
>>
UGLY DYKE HAIRCUT.

EVERY

TIME
>>
>>5329682

I'm sorry but did you just compare sexual orientation to like a fucking movie?

what hospital have you escaped from? they need to be told.
>>
Why is it always lesbians who are trying to do this shit to their kids? Like those lesbians that were trying to make their kid trans. Or all the lesbians that force feed toxic feminism down their kids through. It is no wonder that children from lesbian families report the most abuse and move sexual assault.
>>
>>5329464
This is literally what straight parents do all the time. And who would want their daughter to be straight? Men are statistically the worst thing for women's physical well being, so a lesbian daughter is preferable
>>
>>5333775
humm what s ur conclusion doc ?
>>
>>5333792

Did you just escape from tumblr?
>>
>>5333792
I wouldn't try to force it on her, if she prefers men that's her business, though I would try to teach her how to recognize which men are good for her and which aren't.
>>
>>5329464
Every bit as fucked up as fundies who bash their gay sons, if not more.
>>
Judith Butler Reich gonna destroy us !
>>
>>5333862
I'm saying this lady isn't doing anything worse than straight parents do. Straight ostentatious implicitly raise their kids straight until the kid comes out. Why not do it the other way around? Especially with a girl, since it's been shown that all women are at least somewhat attracted to other women.
>>
When did one of Princess Di's kids transition?
>>
>>5329464
For a moment I thought you were actually worried about her daughter.

I like the quote from Kohn about seeing homosexuality as "an asset and a gift." I'd never thought of it that way, and I guess being gay does come with its own perspective. I'm grateful to be in a position where that perspective could be beneficial.
>>
>>5334203
top kek
>>
>>5333792
>Men are statistically the worst thing for women's physical well being
What? Lesbians beat up or abuse their partner at twice the rate of male heterosexual partners. Google it.
>>>/reddit/ or >>>/tumblr/ pls go and stay gone
>>
>>5337079
what agenda are you talking about anon?
>>
Are you guys sure that isn't Milo false flagging? That close up looks like him.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.