[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trannies 49 Times More Likely To Get HIV/AIDS!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
http://www.hivequal.org/hiv-equal-online/report-trans-women-49-times-more-likely-to-contract-hiv

A recent report from the World Health Organization underscores the neglect of transgender health and wellness in the United States. The results of a meta-analysis of data from 15 different countries reveals that trans women are almost 49 times more likely to have HIV than the general population.

JoAnne Keatley, a transgender woman and one of the authors of the WHO report, talked with NPR’s All Things Considered about these shocking findings. ““We see this repeated all over the world,” Keatley said. “Transphobia is alive and well in many societies around the globe. And we see it play out in terms of verbal and physical violence as well as denial of employment or education or familial support, or all kinds of ways in which transgender people are marginalized.”

The report also revealed that transgender women who engaged in sex work were nine times more likely to have HIV than transgender women who were not.
>>
Hardly shocking when 'mtf' includes sissy culture where they don't care about getting barebacked by nasty desperate pig men they consider 'alpha'.
>>
>>5325568
As a statistical average sure. But that just includes all the prostitutes, junkies and reckless people. It doesn't mean that any individual trans person is any more likely to get it than you are

Im a virgin, wont have sex till SRS and even then not going to have sex unless I'm a good few months into a relationship, I have no reason to become a prostitute my parents back me financially and even if they didn't I have dozens of friends that would take care of me if inexplicably everything went to shit, even then at most I'd maybe cam and even thats not very likely, plus aside from party drugs I have no interest in any drug and i'm afraid of needles.
So yeah, very low risk. Probably actually at lower risk than the average ordinarily sexually active girl. I live at university and people are constantly doing retarded shit and contracting chlamydia, theyre fucking lucky its not AIDs.
>>
>>5325568
I'm not sure how I'm going to magically get aids because of a statistic but I've only had 2 BF's in my life, one of which I'm still with and have been with for 3 years. Neither of us have aids and I really doubt we ever will.
>>
>being surprised that two members of the same sex has a higher rate of catching aids

You fell for the they are women meme. Of course two gay guys fucking is going to have a higher instance of AIDS.

Btw didn't read the article.
>>
>>5325568
>people treat trannies like literal subhumans
>staggering rates of homelessness, familial abandonment, employment discrimination, sexual abuse, etc.
>somehow it's a surprise that they're at a higher risk of contracting STIs
>>
>>5326152

>people treat trannies like literal subhumans

aren't they?
>>
File: edge4.jpg (73 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
edge4.jpg
73 KB, 792x612
>>5326297
>>
Whenever someone is marginalized, whether through discrimination, poverty, societal norms, the probability of indulging in risky behavior increases. In the case of trans people you have to remember that the vast majority of trans people are NOT the cute ones that you see on 4chan. They don't or barely pass, aren't "datable" or "attractive" enough to get into relationships and end up engaging in sex in situations where they would be better of not doing so.

Having said that, we are all responsible for our own sexual health and placing the blame elsewhere won't work.
>>
File: 1447427209412.png (119 KB, 465x534) Image search: [Google]
1447427209412.png
119 KB, 465x534
>>5326453
Well, I for one blame you for my lack of sex.
>>
>>5325568
it's because of their promiscuous Lifestyle, some goes for gay men
>>
File: o.jpg (280 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
280 KB, 800x600
>>5325767
>Im a virgin, wont have sex till SRS
Same here. Never even held hands before. Sure I am lonely but I don't want dirty peoples nasty diseases.
>>
>>5326507
For me its not about diseases, I'd use protection anyway, its about trust
>>
Why do you post this thread every day?
>>
>>5325568
Welfare sponge like you doesn't have anything better to do than hang around the only people who can stand you, eh?
>>
>>5326152
>it's someone else's fault that I'm a broke whore with HIV.

you are entirely in control of your own actions.
this victim complex people use to excuse their shitty behavior reaffirms how shitty you are.
>>
>>5330770
Projecting what other people tell you hardly makes a difference.

The fact you're desperate to find anyone you can feel better than says a lot.
>>
who /becomingatrannywizard/ here? i gave up on dating at 18 desu.
>>
>>5326507
>kissless virgin
>tries to give condescending relationship advice
>>
>treat trans people like shit
>they get shit diseases

Why are bigots so dumb?
>>
>>5325568
Great, another study blowing the issue out of proportion.

Sure, amongst whores and druggies the prevalence in the U.S. is as high as 21.9 percent, but I doubt it would be that high if they counted all the basement dwelling perma virgins on here and the rich white hons which also make up a significant segment of trans women.
>>
Society's fault.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.