[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I MtF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: maka+crona.jpg (491 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
maka+crona.jpg
491 KB, 1600x1200
I want to start by saying I recently started seeing a therapist, but I'm not sure if they're very good. It is still early days yet though and hopefully it will get better.

I had some feelings like this since I was very young but I refused to think about it and put it to the back of my mind telling myself I was being stupid/weird. Now I've been at university for a while and I'm in a very open enviroment and the feelings are coming back strong and getting stronger every day. I fantasized about being a girl (in both sexual and non-sexual scenarios) for years, even when I was in denial, but I am only attracted to females.
I also don't HATE being male, I just know I would be happier as a female, but I do dislike having a penis and would prefer not to have one. I've always understood girls more than guys and I've always gotten on better with girls and indentified with them and their emotional reactions more than guys.
I have yet to experiment with crossdressing and I'm unsure how I would feel about it, the idea scares/excites me a LOT.
Any advice?
pic kinda unrelated I guess
>>
probably
>>
Nice blogpost
>>
How old are you? I wouldn't recommend transitioning past 18-20 unless you have clear dysphoria
>indentified with them and their emotional reactions more than guys
this has nothing to do with gender unless your friends are a bunch of jerks that shun you for being emotional
>>
>>5324119
>this has nothing to do with gender unless your friends are a bunch of jerks that shun you for being emotional
The important thing about that is identifying with women more than men is one of the biggest red flags for mtf trans. Even if it's not really true, it says a lot about how a person views themself if they say something like that
>>
File: dsm5.png (31 KB, 593x523) Image search: [Google]
dsm5.png
31 KB, 593x523
>>5324099
Pic related is the current DSM criteria for gender dysphoria
Obviously, it's not meant for self-diagnosing at all, but see if it sounds like you.
>>
I've always identified with womyn better too and always enjoyed more things considered girly. That's just because I'm not a testosterone filled meat head. I know I am a man though, that doesn't really have anything to do with being trans.
>>
>>5324143
>womyn
Please stop.
>>
>>5324143
>being masculine at all means you're a dumb meathead
>>
>>5324147
Womyn
>>
>>5324150
I meant a typical jockish dude.
>>
As I said, I know I would be happier as a girl than I am now, but I don't absolutely hate being male, it is just something I'm not completely happy with. I'm 21 and I'm not sure if my dysphoria is bad enough to warrant a transition, or if I'm even fully trans or just somewhere inbetween and I would be fine living as a male, since I wouldn't have to deal with the difficulties and discrimination of being MtF, especially given my sexual orientation.
>>
>>5324125
Maybe but being an emotional male doesn't mean you're trans. Fantasizing about being female is much better of an indication but still, there's no magic switch to swap genders and it's up to OP to educate themselves and see if it's worth the downsides. From what he described if he's 20+ I would say it's not worth unless he has somewhat feminine figure already or he gets more dysphoric in the future.

Main purpose of transitioning is to treat dysphoria, not letting people see if the grass is really greener on the other side.
>>
>>5324181
Are you comfortable with the idea of growing old as a man? What about getting more masculine as you age?
>>
>>5324099
anon, just saying, most people don't even consider the possibility
most people don't even think about it, they're happy the way they are
>I fantasized about being a girl
>I just know I would be happier as a female
again, that's not normal
>>
>>5324231
I fantasize about being a girl and wish I was one. I'm not Trans though, I just know life would have been easier.
>>
File: 1371322594297.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1371322594297.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>5324247
>I fantasize about being a girl and wish I was one. I'm not Trans though
>>
>>5324253
If I had been born a girl I wouldn't get jumped literally every day at school and being relentlessly bullied for being white, thus never developing crippling social anxiety and losing my confidence and self esteem.
Like I said, life just would have been easier if I were born a girl.
>>
>>5324268
Why not just fantasize about those things not happening? You could have just gone to a different school, that's a much more minor change than being a girl. That's either a trans warning flag or you're drinking too much of the /r9k/oolaid
>>
>>5324099
You don't sound like you exhibit many symptoms of gender dysphoria. It sounds to me that you are just a straight man.
If you don't hate being male and having a masculine body than I strongly doubt you are trans.
Fantasizing about being a girl isn't being a girl.
>>
>>5324278
People have always treated me like shit, not only at school. Womyn are just treated better overall and have things easier.
And I couldn't switch schools, I grew up in the ghetto with not a whole lot of money. You get a single option for school.
>>
>>5324296
>People have always treated me like shit, not only at school. Womyn are just treated better overall and have things easier.
from the sound of things you probably would have been raped
>>
>>5324296
Also, it's not like I dislike being male. It's fantasy for a reason. I usually do escape into a fantasy world where I am still myself, it's just that sometimes I wish I had been born not me.
>>
>>5324301
Maybe. But then I could just be a SJW feminist hero and demand things just be handed to me.
>>
>>5324344
just start HRT and see if you like it. you're clearly too conflicted at this point
>>
I think my main issues here are the fact that I don't have any confidence in myself so I don't trust my own feelings when they should be pretty obvious and the fact that I don't want to be trans putting me in denial.
Nothing scares me more than the thought that I will never be truly happy as a male.
>>5324322
I am now ignoring your posts/opinions, up until that post I was taking what you said semi-seriously.
>>
>Am I mtf?

every time this question is asked i am convinced the answer is a big NO because asking us to figure out your identity is a huge red flag
>>
>>5324376
I was being completely serious.

I mean, come one. We all hate feminists and everything, but you know fullnwell if we were born females and could get further in life and get free things by being SJW, we'd all do it.
>>
>>5324403
Admitting that you're trans is really scary though. Makes sense that some people would shy around it
>>
>>5324119
>How old are you? I wouldn't recommend transitioning past 18-20 unless you have clear dysphoria
That's shitty advice... that's like telling a person diagnosed with Depression "If you aren't having suicidal thoughts regularyly, I wouldn't bother taking anti-depressants." Ignoring treatment, or blatantly choosing not to get treated, will just make the problem worse with time
>>
>>5324410
I know you were being serious, that's why I'm ignoring you, your clearly way too biased and incapable of forming a worthwhile opinion
>>5324414
this is pretty much what I'm doing, I think I just need to 'man up' and accept it insted of trying everything I can to avoid the truth. It made me feel a lot better when I told my best friend how I was feeling and she was supportive and understanding so I think I need to try that with a few more friends and see how it goes and hopefully therapy helps more as time goes on.
>>
>>5324460
All opinions are biased. That is literally the definition of an opinion. Otherwise it would be a fact.
>>
>>5324460
>It made me feel a lot better when I told my best friend how I was feeling and she was supportive and understanding so I think I need to try that with a few more friends and see how it goes and hopefully therapy helps more as time goes on.
That's a healthy attitude. Explore your feelings. You don't have to transition but don't just repress yourself
>>
>>5324457
Horrible analogy, more correct one would be "if you arent having depressive mood regularly, you shouldn't take medication that changes your body permanently"

Basically my advice to OP is to try and get informed online first what exactly transitioning does then get a shrink if he's still on the fence, or just get a shrink right away if money is not a problem. Anything non-permanent is worth a try, for some people crossdressing is enough and such but they gotta figure that shit out themselves, encouraging people in doubt to transition is as irresponsible as telling them not to.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.