[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CuriousAnime.jpg (13 KB, 499x339) Image search: [Google]
CuriousAnime.jpg
13 KB, 499x339
If there was a way to determine if a baby was going to be cis or trans, would you do it? If it was trans, would you have an abortion? Why?
>>
>>5322189
In all honesty? Yes, I would abort it. I would not wish that on anyone. Society is not all together ready and the treatment is mediocre at best unless you have a metric fuck ton of money.
I am a bit ashamed to admit that but I would not want someone to have to experience life this way.
>>
>>5322213
I appreciate your honesty
>>
I would abort, trannies seem like a miserable bunch
>>
>>5322189
idk but wether it's a trans guy or a trans woman would play a role in my decision.
a trans guy would probably be less likely to be happy because the bottom surgery seems to be very unsatisfying at this point.
a trans woman would only be an infertile woman after surgery with no means to clock her at all so it has only little impact on her life.
>>
Well if you can determine from birth then you can transition as early as possible (though on practice it's bullshit since we do not really know at what point gender identity is safely cemented)
So I don't see how it could be bad enough to justify abortion
>>
if i knew they were trans before they were born i wouldnt abort the child, id just raise them as the opposite gender the doctors assign them. if they were transitioning from birth idk it probably wouldnt be a big deal.
>>
Nope. If you could raise a trans child the right way from the moment of their birth then it wouldn't be much of an issue for them, not anymore than being diabetic or something and I sure wouldn't abort a child for that
>>
>>5322213
I generally have an issue with aborting fetuses that aren't going to be either born with some sort of deformity/deficiency or are going to be born into and stuck in poverty but I could agree with aborting a fetus that may become a trans individual (even if they were going to be born into a rich and excepting family)... shit sucks too much to want anyone to be born into it.
>>
>>5322189
Of course you abort it.
>>
>>5322691
but the things that suck deviate from not transitioning so your reasoning only makes sense if you'd deny the child transitioning and misgender it purposely. do you expect yourself to be that hateful against your own trans child?
>>
No for a multitude of reasons,

There would be no way to determine if the child will be trans since it is largly dependant on environmental factors. Even if they could somehow show that the child has a brain that more closely to resembles the brain of the opposite sex (which is pointless since the brain is extremely plastic at that point) it does not mean that they will end up being transitioning.
At most it would mean some unconvential gender presentation which I'm sure would be easy to handle in future society.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.